• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New MA Roster Issued

I found a PDF to text converter program. I then diff'd the resulting text files. These are the additions I found:

Heckler & Koch USP .40 S&W
Heckler & Koch USP Comp LEM .40 S&W
Smith & Wesson 40-1 .38 Spec
Smith & Wesson 63-4 .22 LR
Smith & Wesson 686-6 SSR .357 Mag
Smith & Wesson M&P45 .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P357 .357 Sig
Smith & Wesson M&P360 .357 Mag
Smith & Wesson M&P340 .357 Mag
Sturm, Ruger & Co. MKIII513GCL .22 LR
Walther SP22 .22 LR

I found a PDF to text converter program. I then diff'd the resulting text files. These are the additions I found:

Heckler & Koch USP .40 S&W
Heckler & Koch USP Comp LEM .40 S&W
Smith & Wesson 40-1 .38 Spec
Smith & Wesson 63-4 .22 LR
Smith & Wesson 686-6 SSR .357 Mag
Smith & Wesson M&P45 .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P357 .357 Sig
Smith & Wesson M&P360 .357 Mag
Smith & Wesson M&P340 .357 Mag
Sturm, Ruger & Co. MKIII513GCL .22 LR
Walther SP22 .22 LR

Awesome! [smile]
Now pre-98 USPc .40 can be brought in to MA.
I can see the prices falling now! [wink]

Last edited:
do these still have to be approved by the AG ??

Now it is up to the manufacturer to notify the AG in writing stating that the gun on the Roster is in compliance with the AG's requirements. Being on the Roster does not necessarily mean a gun complies with the AG's requirements.

Awesome! [smile]
Now pre-98 USPc .40 can be brought in to MA.
I can see the prices falling now! [wink]

I don't think the LEM trigger variant was around before 10-21-98. You would probably need to find a pre 10-21-98 USP40 Compact and have the LEM installed before the transfer. I think this is a $ 300.00+ modification.

Good luck. It's a great gun - I have one.

Nothing gets "approved" by the AG.

The only test of the AG's regs is if a manuf/dealer attempts to sell
the gun in MA. If many months go by without any whining then
it's relatively safe to say it's "compliant". That's really the
only test out there.

More guns on the list does help considerably though- ANY gun on
this roster can be imported/bought/etc by a LEO on an individual
officer purchase; invariably some of these guns will trickle down to the secondary market eventually. (private sales). Individual
LEOs are exempt from the AG's regs, but not the EOPS regs. (AKA, the EOPS roster/testing requirements).

-Mike

not_this_shit_again.jpg

I'm excited about the S&W model 63! Going to look into getting one of those babies. But still patiently waiting for the Beretta Bocat series to become available.

I don't think the LEM trigger variant was around before 10-21-98. You would probably need to find a pre 10-21-98 USP40 Compact and have the LEM installed before the transfer. I think this is a $ 300.00+ modification.

Good luck. It's a great gun - I have one.
I had one also but sold it for the USPc .45
The LEM kit can be bought for about $60 on line.
I swapped the LEM kit from the .40 to the .45 (easily done) that I have now, but went back to the Variant 1 trigger instead.
As far as the transfer, is the LEM kit a model or a trigger variant? Trigger variants are not listed on an FA-10. [wink]
Also, one could install the LEM kit at the dealers shop (want to borrow my LEM kit for an hour) before the paperwork was done. [smile]

I fired a friends HK USPc .40 LEM. I wasn't all that impressed. If I was going to carry my HK USPc .45, I would get it modified to be SA only and carry it condition 1. The SA trigger on the HK USPc is OK (at best). The DA trigger is completely horrendous.

I fired a friends HK USPc .40 LEM. I wasn't all that impressed.

IMO the HK LEM system is (one of) the best "Assisted DAO" type setups
on the market. It also has a relatively short reset overall, so it's like
getting the best of both worlds.

If I was going to carry my HK USPc .45, I would get it modified to be SA only and carry it condition 1.

Sounds like a loss of a feature (Variant 1 is better, IMO, as the
chances of an accidental decock are pretty minimal, given that
the force required to decock is easily an order of magnitude
greater than it is to unsafe it) but user customization is what the
detent plate system was made for, so have at it.

The SA trigger on the HK USPc is OK (at best). The DA trigger is completely horrendous.

With a little bit of patience, some GENTLE polishing (well, stay
the hell away from the sear mating surfaces obviously) and a wolff
mainspring, the DA can be made a hell of a lot better. The
before/after on my USP .40 fullsize was like night and day.
Putting a bit of oil in the right places helps, too. (I bet a lot of
people don't oil their trigger bar, or the area around the hammer, etc.
Too much oil is obviously bad, but one generally doesn't
need too much to get a positive result.

-Mike

I have to disagree. The LEM trigger is worse than the SA trigger. I already know how to deal with a safety, so that's not a big deal for me.

I would never use the DA trigger, since I'd carry it condition 1. So changing it to condition 1 would eliminate the chances of an accidental decock.

But, YMMV. That's why HK made it able to change to all of the variants.

The bigger issue for me is that the gun is significantly bulkier than my Kimber Compact. And the Kimber Compact has a better trigger and a better thumb safety. So the USPc stays in the safe.

Walther SP22 also, but no PPS yet. Anything else new?

I was talking to Earl @ Earl's Repair Service in Tewksbury. (He sells just about everything made by Walther) He said the PPS will NEVER be available in MA because it is SAO (like a Glock trigger) and will never pass the drop test. I don't know why they didn't make it with the AS trigger like the new P99s, like a thinner, single stack P99c. I can't see how it can get much better than that.

It's too bad, it looks like one of the thinest 9mms out there and would be a much better summer carry piece than my .38 snubbie or a PPK with the neutered .380 round.

http://www.carlwalther.com/pps.htm

OT:
Any other suggestions for a better summer carry piece than a .38 snubbie? The cylinder is just too wide and when carrying IWB makes my pants look funny. Maybe a better holster would do it, but I was looking forward to having a singlestack, DA/SA with 7-8 round capacity rather than a 5 round DAO 10lb trigger with useless sights (the laser grips help alot, though).

For pocket carry: I like my Kahr MK9 and PM9, but they are hard to find in MA.

For carrying IWB, consider the following striker-fired guns:
Glock 26, S&W M&P 9 compact, Kahr K9 (you can find these used)

For DA/SA: Sig P239, S&W 3913

confused once again

I just read, and re-read th elist, went over to fsguns.com read that list as well....... On previous list that I have seen and read, the date 10/21/98 was clearly indicated. No where on this new list do i see this? I only bring thisinto question because I've been wanting a new G27, but the gen3 glocks were not approved, except for a few of them.... With this list that I am reading here, it looks like they are..... Did I read it wrong once again?

I just read, and re-read th elist, went over to fsguns.com read that list as well....... On previous list that I have seen and read, the date 10/21/98 was clearly indicated. No where on this new list do i see this? I only bring thisinto question because I've been wanting a new G27, but the gen3 glocks were not approved, except for a few of them.... With this list that I am reading here, it looks like they are..... Did I read it wrong once again?

Not really. "10/21/98" refers to the date of Chapter 180 and is the date the guns had to be in-state on.

However, there is the matter of the AG's approval under the CMR, which raises "arbitrary and capricious" to new levels of abuse. This keeps guns on the AFR out.

This has been discussed in detail, ad nauseum, on this forum. Research it and you'll get the details.

First of all the EOPS list does not distinguish between what is normally called 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation Glocks.

Virtually all Glocks (probably all I just haven't checked every model) have have been on the approved list for years. I checked back to the 2006 roster and the G27 was on it.

Here is a list of the approved Glocks on the 2-2006 list:

Glock 17 9 mm
Glock 17C 9 mm
Glock 19 9 mm
Glock 19C 9 mm
Glock 20 10 mm
Glock 20C 10 mm
Glock 21 .45 ACP
Glock 21C .45 ACP
Glock 22 .40 S&W
Glock 22C .40 S&W
Glock 23 .40 S&W
Glock 23C .40 S&W
Glock 26 9 mm
Glock 27 .40 S&W
Glock 29 10 mm
Glock 30 .45 ACP
Glock 31 .357 Sig
Glock 31C .357 Sig
Glock 32 .357 Sig
Glock 32C .357 Sig
Glock 33 .357 Sig
Glock 34 9 mm
Glock 35 .40 S&W
Glock 36 .45 ACP
Glock 37 .45 GAP
Glock 38 .45 GAP
Glock 39 .45 GAP

First of all the EOPS list does not distinguish between what is normally called 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation Glocks.

Virtually all Glocks (probably all I just haven't checked every model) have have been on the approved list for years. I checked back to the 2006 roster and the G27 was on it.

Here is a list of the approved Glocks on the 2-2006 list:

Glock 17 9 mm
Glock 17C 9 mm
Glock 19 9 mm
Glock 19C 9 mm
Glock 20 10 mm
Glock 20C 10 mm
Glock 21 .45 ACP
Glock 21C .45 ACP
Glock 22 .40 S&W
Glock 22C .40 S&W
Glock 23 .40 S&W
Glock 23C .40 S&W
Glock 26 9 mm
Glock 27 .40 S&W
Glock 29 10 mm
Glock 30 .45 ACP
Glock 31 .357 Sig
Glock 31C .357 Sig
Glock 32 .357 Sig
Glock 32C .357 Sig
Glock 33 .357 Sig
Glock 34 9 mm
Glock 35 .40 S&W
Glock 36 .45 ACP
Glock 37 .45 GAP
Glock 38 .45 GAP
Glock 39 .45 GAP

ok, yes, some g27's are on the list, but i still can't buy a NEW one in MA..... property in NH looks better and better...

ok, yes, some g27's are on the list, but i still can't buy a NEW one in MA..... property in NH looks better and better...

What do you mean by some G27's?

A G27 is a G27 and it is, and has been on the list for years. Again, there are no generation model distinctions. If you look hard enough you will find a dealer that will sell a NIB G27.

What do you mean by some G27's?

A G27 is a G27 and it is, and has been on the list for years. Again, there are no generation model distinctions. If you look hard enough you will find a dealer that will sell a NIB G27.

Ok, then I must be mis-informed. I was told that new generation glocks are NOT mass compliant, there for the new glocks are not for sale in MASS.

Here are cut and pastes from fsguns..

Which pre-owned Glocks can individuals who possess a MA LTC "A" permit buy?

Any Glock model listed on the MA APPROVED FIREARMS ROSTER that was manufactured prior to 10/21/98

Glock Inc. has asked Four Seasons to request that new 3rd generation Glock firearms identified as Massachusetts compliant (NY2 trigger, a label on the box stating that they were Massachusetts compliant, etc.) which were offered for sale in conformance with the Massachusetts Attorney General regulations and sold commercially in Massachusetts between May 13 and June 29, 2004 be returned to the selling dealer for a full refund, which will include the 5% MA state sales tax. The Massachusetts Attorney General has determined that these models are not MA compliant. Below is a letter that was sent to all customers who purchased a new Glock between 5/12/04 and 6/30/04

Dear Valued Customer,

The Massachusetts Attorney General has determined that the new Glock pistols recently sold as “Massachusetts Compliant” do not comply with their regulations.

Glock, Inc. is asking that you return your new Glock firearm purchased between May 12, 2004 and June 30, 2004 to our store for a full and complete refund.

The list put out by the EOPS is different then the regulation of the AG. A handgun must meet both. Glocks are on the EOPS list but are not approved by our oppressive AG.

The list put out by the EOPS is different then the regulation of the AG. A handgun must meet both. Glocks are on the EOPS list but are not approved by our oppressive AG.

Above is correct, so how does this effect you who has been "wanting a new G27"

1. The AG regulations apply only to dealer sales.

2. It is perfectly legal for you to own any 1st 2nd or 3rd gen G27.

3. This G27 could be purchased in a private sale. perfectly legal as AG regs only apply to dealer sales. Do a search in the NES classifieds there are some for sale. Or just post a "want to buy" and your dreams will soon come true.

4. This G27 could be purchased from a dealer who is willing to assume the potential risk (if any), and, again if you look hard enough, you may find a dealer that sells 3rd gen glocks.

I've never seen a glock with a light rail for sale in MA, unless I just didn't notice it (not really into glocks). Must be a reason.

I've never seen a glock with a light rail for sale in MA, unless I just didn't notice it (not really into glocks). Must be a reason.

It's to prevent them from being fitted with lasers - they melt Kevlar vests, you know. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom