New Gun

Congratulations!!!
I also picked up my new gun yesterday, and it is 0.22 IZH35.
Please consider my love for Borsch, Salo and Russian guns as celebration of diversity![smile] Next one I'm looking fooward to buy at some point is Dragunov rifle.

Youradolt,

I know you're a semi-newbie to all this but you'll now know what constitutes a "bad gun". No offense meant at all, but Jennings, Bryco, and the like are awful firearms.

I know you have some good stuff, but you're about to find out why bad stuff has a bad rep.

Youradolt,

I know you're a semi-newbie to all this but you'll now know what constitutes a "bad gun". No offense meant at all, but Jennings, Bryco, and the like are awful firearms.

I know you have some good stuff, but you're about to find out why bad stuff has a bad rep.

Amen - go GREEN and get to a Members Shoot - you will have access to an array of weapons that will boggle your mind. I think many of us were where you are. I bought a Jennings because it was cheap and seemed "neat". It wasn't....

Is it made of an identifiable metal?

I bought one early on and it literally "fell" apart.

Dunno what it's made of but it is chromed and has pretty grips !

I did get it for free [smile]

jennings.jpg

I think they're right up there with the Raven Arms .25 pistols. I've heard some people have them and shoot them trouble free and enjoy the fact that they're a cheap Saturday Night special type of gun. I even remember a long time ago reading a post somewhere about a guy who collected cheap little semi autos.

Hey, you can use it to practice malfunction drills. When you get a type 4 (gun breaks in half), the clearance is throw away that POS and get a real gun. [wink]

I challenge anyone to put 200 rounds through one of these (Jennings, Bryco, Davis, Raven, etc) without failure.

I'll try it someday if I get enough ammo for cheap.[grin]
Closest I came to date was rapid firing a handful of mags in a Raven .25 and that was using S&B ammo which was the only type I found that worked well. No problems with it and it was fun watching the sparks fly out of the muzzle.[laugh]

I had a Raven Arms 25 for years...picked it up in the 70s for cheap. Never had a problem with it...ever. Sold it on the forum along with another "less expensive"pistol a Sterling Arms 22lr...that was finicky about ammo but shot good with Stingers. Funded a somewhat more expensive purchase...Bulgarian Mak from madmarc0 and never looked back!!!

I think there's a Jennings 22 for sale on the forum right now...or there was yesterday along with a Raven. Coincidence? [popcorn]
WHat works for some doesn't for others, thats what makes the world go round.

Last edited:
Just bought an Ortgies .25 from Bron's in Sturbridge. Bought 3 boxes of shells and put 2 of them through it before I got home. Very reliable, so far. Another couple of boxes and I may be convinced. May end up as summer wear. I was surprised at the pop it had. My first .25-I actually bought it for the kids to play with. Think I may keep it....

You guys that are getting 400 rounds through your Jennings, Raven or other really inexpensive guns... are you shooting them single shot and feeding one round at a time? [laugh]

Nice pickup Yelena . . .

I will as soon as my camera's back: Mama took it to picture her cats[wink] But I already tried it last Tuesday, OMG, it's just great.

izh-35m.jpg

Yelena ИЖ-35М
Спортивный стандартный самозарядный пистолет.
Полностью соответствует правилам соревнований Международного стрелкового союза в стрельбе по классу «стандартный пистолет». Конструкция основных узлов и механизмов аналогично модели ИЖ-34М;
обладает всеми теми же сервисными элементами.
Калибр - 5.6 мм.
Вместимость магазина - 5 патронов
Габаритные размеры - 300х150х50 мм.
Масса,не более - 1.4 кг.

(I don't know Russian, just thought I'd post it for chuckles!) [grin]
I would have loved to have gotten one of these back when they were under $500, what do they go for now I wonder?

izh-35m.jpg

Yelena ИЖ-35М
Спортивный стандартный самозарядный пистолет.
Полностью соответствует правилам соревнований Международного стрелкового союза в стрельбе по классу «стандартный пистолет». Конструкция основных узлов и механизмов аналогично модели ИЖ-34М;
обладает всеми теми же сервисными элементами.
Калибр - 5.6 мм.
Вместимость магазина - 5 патронов
Габаритные размеры - 300х150х50 мм.
Масса,не более - 1.4 кг.

(I don't know Russian, just thought I'd post it for chuckles!) [grin]
I would have loved to have gotten one of these back when they were under $500, what do they go for now I wonder?

IZH-35M
Sports self-standard pistol.
Fully complies with competition International Union in the shooting of small class "standard pistol". Construction of basic units and mechanisms similar model IZH-34M;
has all the elements of the same service.
Caliber - 5.6 mm.
Magazine capacity - 5 rounds
Overall dimensions - 300 h150h50 mm.
Weight, not more - 1.4 kg.

I had a Sterling Stainless .22
worked great with CCI Stingers..that's all that would function in it.
Then it decided to go full auto on me.........got rid of it in a 'gun buy back' program....Made $25 on it ! [smile] got a G23.

i had a j22 , got totaly ripped off on it. i traded an electric guitar and amp for it , it didnt come with a magazine and was broken but i didnt know. ended up selling it for 20 bucks.[angry]

Back
Top Bottom