• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Glock 17: Zev Technologies or Salient Arms?

Salient Arms or Zev Technologies

• Salient Arms International

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Zev Technologies

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The other things is a good point. You need extra (at least 6 imo) mags, holsters (concealment and combat/competition style), mag pouches, and a good belt, on top of sights to be effective with your pistol in training or competition. So if a whiz-bang glock with a gold colored barrel costs $1000 (more I am sure), you still need to invest an other ~$2-300+ in support gear. Or, buy a $500 pistol, spend the rest of that money wisely on gear and ammo, and chuckle to yourself at the nickle plated sissy pistol that the guy next to you takes out of it's own special case.

I can say that when I buy a pistol, it's an automatic $1200-1500 total expenditure just to start:

Gun
Mags (at least ten)
Holster for belt (bladetech)
Paddle holster (bladetech)
CC holster (Crossbreed)
New sights (especially Glocks, stupid plastic!)
Mag pouches for belt (FASTMAG)
Belt (if you don't have one)
Etc, etc.

1f74cc46fe737de2469559ba98b6a626.jpg

I think op watched transformers .

Warsport - $2K for an Upper and $3K for a rifle. Wow. Thats some bungee.
its a really nice bungee. All shit aside it doesn't get in the way and I suppose it's there if you ever need it. The Warsport are worth 3k all day in my opinion. As pretty as they are functional. With optic I'm over $5k. Basically its a super model that I get to finger whenever I want.

Last edited:
its a really nice bungee. All shit aside it doesn't get in the way and I suppose it's there if you ever need it. The Warsport are worth 3k all day in my opinion. As pretty as they are functional. With optic I'm over $5k. Basically its a super model that I get to finger whenever I want.

This is what makes it A Warsport. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=466168085

Add a BCM upper and a Battle comp and you have yourself a $1k Warsport.... oh wait, dont forget the bungee..$10.

You should just ask them to make you a Hi Point...

Sorry, its too funny not to repost.

Last edited by a moderator:
One more thing. Skip stippling the grip. There is no need to permanently deface your gun (and in the process lower its value). If you want it to be easier to grip then just use some skateboard tape. If you want to be cheap, go buy some at home depot. If you want it to look more finished, there are have a dozen companies that sell precut grip tape for Glocks. And if you don't like the grip tape, just take it off - no permanent damage done to your gun, unlike stippling.

One more thing. Skip stippling the grip. There is no need to permanently deface your gun (and in the process lower its value). If you want it to be easier to grip then just use some skateboard tape. If you want to be cheap, go buy some at home depot. If you want it to look more finished, there are have a dozen companies that sell precut grip tape for Glocks. And if you don't like the grip tape, just take it off - no permanent damage done to your gun, unlike stippling.

The problem is the tape rips the shit out of your skin and is worse at hanging up clothing. Having used both I'd rather have stippling done. Obviously the tape is cheaper, though. As far as ruining the value... it's a Glock, not much value to ruin. [laugh]

-Mike

What do you guys think of lone wolf frames ?

I don't know anything about them. I was hot on CCRF frames, as I thought the added weight of aluminum plus a 1911-style grip angle would be awesome. But then I read about people having awful reliability problems with CCRF frames.

I like the idea of the Wolf frame, but since I wouldn't be able to use it in competitions it would be very limiting.

The problem is the tape rips the shit out of your skin and is worse at hanging up clothing. Having used both I'd rather have stippling done. Obviously the tape is cheaper, though. As far as ruining the value... it's a Glock, not much value to ruin. [laugh]

-Mike

Having the grip works also facilitates removing the finger grooves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can shoot limited with the grooves removed

That was what I was alluding to. I was assuming that it bumped you out of USPSA Production. I believe it also bumps you out of IDPA SSP.

How competitive would a Glock 35 be in Limited against a 2011 in .40? I would assume it would be at a significant disadvantage, but that might be just an invalid assumption on my part.

How competitive would a Glock 35 be in Limited against a 2011 in .40? I would assume it would be at a significant disadvantage, but that might be just an invalid assumption on my part.

Probably depends more on what the shooter is used to then the actual performance of the gun, especially now that you can hang weights off the glock in limited

Having the grip works also facilitates removing the finger grooves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a G19 frame redone, straightened the rear,finger grooves removed, frame mildly textured - it's a drastic improvement. Wish I had the trigger guard undercut - might tackle that myself.

I'm aware of that. The original poster did not mention competition as a use for the gun.

haha I didnt mention a lot of things that were captured and discussed at length in this thread...my favorite being- "SHTF? Get a rifle!" No, dumba**, that is not the point of the thread. Lesson learned haha

Last edited:
SHTF, asking about Zev or Salient, and calling us the dumbass.

Hmmmm.

I actually own a Zev, and 10 times out of 10 im grabbing my HK or FNX, bone stock minus some trigger work, before i grab that. Salients are very pretty, but a mutual friend who runs classes with some pretty respected instructors saw enough of them fail that im steering clear.

SHTF, asking about Zev or Salient, and calling us the dumbass.

Hmmmm.

I actually own a Zev, and 10 times out of 10 im grabbing my HK or FNX, bone stock minus some trigger work, before i grab that. Salients are very pretty, but a mutual friend who runs classes with some pretty respected instructors saw enough of them fail that im steering clear.

Calling us a dumbass? Is there more than one person there huddled around your computer?

I wasn't calling everyone a dumbass...just people that don't stick to the spirit of the thread...which happens all the time. By saying "SHTF" I meant I didn't want to have it look/shoot/feel like a full blown race gun, but instead retain the combat applicability of a stock Glock. I actually own an FNX Tactical 45 too (I think you asked me about it before)..along with a Glock 30, Sig P229, Sig X5, Sig P226 TACOPS, Wilson Combat Classic, Kahr CM40, Glock 22... As aforementioned, this is NOT my only handgun/firearm. Far from. This is just another toy for me to tinker with....

haha I didnt mention a lot of things that were captured and discussed at length in this thread...my favorite being- "SHTF? Get a rifle!" No, dumba**, that is not the point of the thread. Lesson learned haha

No but a few posts later you clarified things quite articulately. (I hope you aren't black because that is supposed to be a racist termi if you are. Ha)

I want a gun with high cap, accurate, full size, and one that I don't care if it gets banged around. Looks are not the goal here: function and accuracy are paramount. I would compromise SHTF reliability over range/shoot house performance.

Anyway, the bottom line is an undercut trigger guard is good in all ways other than the fact that in certain competitions it may bump you up into a higher class.

Anything that effectively lowers the bore axis to the hand is a good thing.

Last edited:
No but a few posts later you clarified things quite articulately. (I hope you aren't black because that is supposed to be a racist termi if you are. Ha)

Anyway, the bottom line is an undercut trigger guard is good in all ways other than the fact that in certain competitions it may bump you up into a higher class.

Anything that effectively lowers the bore axis to the hand is a good thing.

Thanks for the advice, dcmdon! I will look into having the trigger guard undercut.

Update: Thanks for the advice all- it has been fun. So far I either have in my possession or have ordered the following...

-Trijicon HD Sights
-Zev Ultimate Fulcrum drop in trigger
-Zev extended mag release
-KKM threaded barrel
-stainless guide rod
-33 rnd mag (because, why not?)

Still debating how big of a tool I would be getting at flared magwell (no comment needed). Also still on the fence WRT stippling/trigger guard undercut..Pictures to follow once I get it set up!

-Dan

Back
Top Bottom