• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Glock 17: Zev Technologies or Salient Arms?

Salient Arms or Zev Technologies

• Salient Arms International

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Zev Technologies

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can certainly choose to do that.

But if you have a competition gun and you reload with Federal primers, you are cheating yourself out of a nice, easy, $2 trigger upgrade.

For anything that might at any time see defensive use, then I'm with you 100%.

I've had 100% reliability with my federal primed reloads with either a 3.5 or 4# striker spring. I don't know for sure, but I'd bet I wouldn't do so well against hard Russian primers.

Don

I don't use wolf shitprimers but i still don't like to have a gun married to one brand of primer. Partially because I'm not reloading at tge moment, but even when i do reload i use cci, win, and federal depending on price and availability, probably CCI more than the others. My G34 trigger is good enough as it is; most points lost are from me not the gun. I got a long way to go before I'd feel like the trigger is handicapping me. It's not like its a trigger from an MA M&P or similar. [laugh] I also have a special kind of hate for guns that die during a match. There is pretty much nothing worse than failing because the gun ****ed up because of something stupid i did to it- because it's avoidable. I hate being "that guy"- aka the feeb that slows everything down because his gun jammed 48 times or whatever.

-Mike

Last edited:
I understand where you are coming from Mike.

When my wife and I shoot a match, if we do well, the performance of the guns and the ammunition is almost as satisfying as our own personal performance.

It feels good when after a match I can look back and say Hmm. 600 rounds fired, zero malfunctions.

Don

p.s. Of course, I could also achieve that with a box stock Glock and CCI blazers. Which is what I did in the early days of IDPA. And never had a single malfunction in my stock glock 34. That thing loved aluminum blazers.

Just got the Glock back from being stippled/sights put on. VERY happy with it! (some may love it, some may hate it) Mods to the Glock 17 Gen III are as follows:

-Trijicon HD Night Sights
-Zev Fulcrum ultimate trigger kit (including titanium ported firing pin, springs, safety-all the slide and frame guts)
-Zev extended mag release
-KKM match barrel
-Zev titanium pins
-Zev stainless guide rod
-Zev 12 lb recoil spring
-Stippling (mild)
-Undercut trigger guard
-Front grip removal

Last edited:
tumblr_loev8xUHEX1qjpf4ko1_500.gif

I'm glad you had fun.

You might want to try shooting it with the stock recoil spring assembly. You might find you like it better. I've never seen the point in replacing the factory system, especially the new double spring system that seems to make the flat shooting 17 or 34 even more flat shooting.

The trigger must be pretty awesome with the ZEV trigger and the 2 1/2 lb striker spring.

Back
Top Bottom