• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi my name is Alex, I am a member at Woburn Sportsman Association and have been shooting for the past two years. Finally signed up for NES and glad to be here.

Thanks!

Hi Alex, welcome to NES! [rockon] Thanks for the intro post. Glad to have you aboard. In case you didn't know about the green (paid) member benefits and are interested... you'll get access to shoots, meet and greets, giveaways, threads, and more. Not to mention, you'll be showing your support for this great community. Look forward to seeing you around on the forum. Cheers [mg]

Hi everyone, my name is J. Just recently got my LTC and is looking for my first carry, any recommendation? I've been looking at the HK VP 9. I been looking at this site for awhile but finally decided to become a member once i got my LTC.

Hi everyone, my name is J. Just recently got my LTC and is looking for my first carry, any recommendation? I've been looking at the HK VP 9. I been looking at this site for awhile but finally decided to become a member once i got my LTC.

Hi, J. Welcome to NES. Thank you so much for becoming a green member already and you're only on your 2nd post [cheers] As for a recommendation, there are many factors that would go into it. I don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing in case you have already thought about this already and done some reason but ... what caliber are you looking at? Consider the fact that you'll be buying this caliber for target practice, depends on what your budget is (some say 380 is expensive, etc). I know you mentioned looking at the VP 9. How will you plan on carrying this? Some people can pocket carry these guns but I can't since I'm tiny... (S&W Shield, Sig P238 or P938, Ruger LC9) You'll probably want to conceal a smaller gun IWB (in the waistband) versus concealing a bigger gun, so you might want to get an OWB holster for a bigger one. And there's also other carry positions available like appendix, ankle, and shoulder. Lots of options.

As for the actual gun, my best advice is to go to a place that will rent guns like Mass Firearms or Manchester Firing Line and try out various guns. See what you feel comfortable with and go from there. Make some friends and shoot their guns. Since you're a green member now, look out for the next member shoot and many people that go there are willing to let people try out their toys [smile]

Cheers, stay safe [mg]

VP9 is a great gun, I have one, but not really a good carry gun, little too big to be comfortable for that unless you're Andre the Giant sized. If you're in NH, no big deal, just carry OWB. Single stacks are much better for IWB, like Shield or 938 or 1911C's (comfort and conceal wise), and mini doubles (p320c and other double stack compacts) aren't too bad depending on body size and shape and carry position.

New member here to the forum, but I've been lurking for a couple years now reading and gaining knowledge. I live in Newburyport, MA and just got my LTC unrestricted a couple of months ago. Currently have the bases covered as far as firearms go as college takes priority. Lots of good into here and seems like a great community. Hope to get green status soon!​

New member here to the forum, but I've been lurking for a couple years now reading and gaining knowledge. I live in Newburyport, MA and just got my LTC unrestricted a couple of months ago. Currently have the bases covered as far as firearms go as college takes priority. Lots of good into here and seems like a great community. Hope to get green status soon!

Hello there, Yankee Clipper. Welcome [wave] I love NBPT. When I visit MA, I often go there and Plum Island as well. I got married in downtown NBPT, actually... by the waterfront, if you're familiar. 'grats on the LTC unrestricted. This is truly a wonderful community. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do. If you go green very soon, you can still enter in the NES/Mass Firearms giveaway! Cheers! Stay safe [rockon][mg]

Hello all, been reading and learning here on and off since 2013. Went green this morning and per SOP making my introduction from the Boston area.

Have been shooting, carrying daily for about 28yrs now. Not a collector, just don't have the money for it, but have a couple that I enjoy firing.

Former Army 2/75 RR
MPTC Firearms Instructor 2007 - Present
MPTC Active Shooter Instructor 2007 - Present
Certified Smith and Wesson Patrol Rifle Instructor (Expired)

There are a lot of people here much smarter and more experienced than me, as I've read, but will contribute when and where I'm able to as I continue to learn myself.

Thanks for having me onboard.

Welcome you are now part of the green machine.

Hello all, been reading and learning here on and off since 2013. Went green this morning and per SOP making my introduction from the Boston area.

Have been shooting, carrying daily for about 28yrs now. Not a collector, just don't have the money for it, but have a couple that I enjoy firing.

Former Army 2/75 RR
MPTC Firearms Instructor 2007 - Present
MPTC Active Shooter Instructor 2007 - Present
Certified Smith and Wesson Patrol Rifle Instructor (Expired)

There are a lot of people here much smarter and more experienced than me, as I've read, but will contribute when and where I'm able to as I continue to learn myself.

Thanks for having me onboard.

Hey everyone. I'm Edwin. I live in Boston, MA (I know....) I've been shooting on-and-off for about 6 years.. Towards the last quarter of last year (2016), I picked it up a little more. I found NES by doing research on how to acquire my LTC in MA.... NES helped A LOT! Just awaiting my approval and call from the Boston PD. Super anxious to get my LTC, buy a 9mm, and hit the range.

Hey everyone. I'm Edwin. I live in Boston, MA (I know....) I've been shooting on-and-off for about 6 years.. Towards the last quarter of last year (2016), I picked it up a little more. I found NES by doing research on how to acquire my LTC in MA.... NES helped A LOT! Just awaiting my approval and call from the Boston PD. Super anxious to get my LTC, buy a 9mm, and hit the range.
Welcome cockednlocked![wave]
Yup, NES was also my main source of info about MA (retarded) gun laws and getting my LTC. Good luck with the Boston LTC. Hope it goes smoothly and doesn't take too long.
Love your first name (of your screen name).

Last edited:
Welcome cockednlocked![wave]
Yup, NES was also my main source of info about MA (retarded) gun laws and getting my LTC. Good luck with the Boston LTC. Hope it goes smoothly and doesn't take too long.
Love your first name (of your screen name).

Welcome Edwin.

Welcome to both of you, Edwin and Cams!

Thanks everyone.

Just waiting on approval from BPD and their call. Did the test and everything... This waiting game is brutal...

Thanks everyone.

Just waiting on approval from BPD and their call. Did the test and everything... This waiting game is brutal...

Welcome. Do you know what your first purchase will be yet? I know you said 9mm in a previous post. Have you been to a range where you can rent different guns to try out? [smile] Best of luck, hope BPD calls you soon [mg]

Hello all. Long time lurker here. Decided it was time to go public. My main interest is loading for and shooting old rifles. I have played around with swaging .223 projectiles from fired .22's with mixed results and powder coating cast bullets with good results. Lenny

Hello all. Long time lurker here. Decided it was time to go public. My main interest is loading for and shooting old rifles. I have played around with swaging .223 projectiles from fired .22's with mixed results and powder coating cast bullets with good results. Lenny

Hi Lenny! Welcome to NES. Glad you finally decidedly to join the community. Consider going green (paid membership) at some point. You'll get to enjoy some benefits such as free giveaways, meet ups, shoots and member only discussion threads. Looking forward to seeing your posts. See ya around. Cheers! [mg]

Hi, my name is Aaron. I moved to Beverly MA last summer from GA. I was looking for a firearms forum similar to the outdoorstrader.com which is popular in GA and found this one. I went by the same user name on that website if your curious on my past deals. My firearms experience stems mostly from my military service. I was a field artillery SGT with 4-42FA 4ID out of Ft Carson CO. I own currently own 3 handguns a shotgun and a rifle. I looking forward to expanding my small collection and making deals here in MA. I also just graduated with a BS in Aeronautics a few weeks ago so I'm pretty excited about my future here in New England.

Hi, my name is Aaron. I moved to Beverly MA last summer from GA. I was looking for a firearms forum similar to the outdoorstrader.com which is popular in GA and found this one. I went by the same user name on that website if your curious on my past deals. My firearms experience stems mostly from my military service. I was a field artillery SGT with 4-42FA 4ID out of Ft Carson CO. I own currently own 3 handguns a shotgun and a rifle. I looking forward to expanding my small collection and making deals here in MA. I also just graduated with a BS in Aeronautics a few weeks ago so I'm pretty excited about my future here in New England.

Hello, Aaron. Welcome to NES. Glad you found us here. Thank you for your service and congrats on that BS!! I hope you'll consider becoming a green paid member at some point. Some of the things that come with a membership are free giveaways, member shoots, meet and greets, and member only discussion threads.

I hope you'll enjoy this community as much as I (and many others) have. It's a great place to meet new friends and discuss a mutual interest. See you around on the forum. Cheers! [mg]

hello all. new to the site. [wave]

finally moved my family to the great granite state! we were so oppressed in massachusetts, it took a while for me to stop asking the gun shops "can I own this gun?" lmao!
we're nearly done building our house in Rindge on monomonac lakefront property- which has always been a dream for us to raise our family on a lake! we shoot, ride atv's and boat.
I'm looking for a rod & gun club in the area- found the Monadnock Rod & Gun, but it's not the easiest club to join with their 300 member cap- and once per year membership enrollment [frown] - so it appears I'll need another place to shoot at until I'm off their waiting list. looks like many of you shoot at the winchedon rod & gun range, but not really good reviews and range can be difficult to reach in the winter month? it also sounds like it's more of an "outdoor" club that allows shooting and not so much a dedicated shooting range? sounds like there's atv's, sleding and horses routinely passing through the active range area?
Anyway- looks like a great site for me to browse and get educated on some things ;)

hello all. new to the site. [wave]

finally moved my family to the great granite state! we were so oppressed in massachusetts, it took a while for me to stop asking the gun shops "can I own this gun?" lmao!
we're nearly done building our house in Rindge on monomonac lakefront property- which has always been a dream for us to raise our family on a lake! we shoot, ride atv's and boat.
I'm looking for a rod & gun club in the area- found the Monadnock Rod & Gun, but it's not the easiest club to join with their 300 member cap- and once per year membership enrollment [frown] - so it appears I'll need another place to shoot at until I'm off their waiting list. looks like many of you shoot at the winchedon rod & gun range, but not really good reviews and range can be difficult to reach in the winter month? it also sounds like it's more of an "outdoor" club that allows shooting and not so much a dedicated shooting range? sounds like there's atv's, sleding and horses routinely passing through the active range area?
Anyway- looks like a great site for me to browse and get educated on some things ;)

Hi beergut [wave]. Welcome to NES! Thanks for taking the time to post an intro for us. Congrats on moving to NH! It's too bad that you can't get in on Monadnock R&G, it's a great club. While I don't have any suggestions on clubs for you to check out, I would recommend to ask in the General > Gun Ranges & Clubs section. You may have better luck there.

Hope you will enjoy the forum as much as I have. Remember to consider becoming a green, paid member. Benefits include meet and greets, shoots, free giveaways, exclusive threads, etc. Be safe and cheers! [mg]

Last edited:

Reps for going green already. Up top!! [smile]

giphy.gif

Hi, I'm Mike. I've been a lurker for a long time on NES but better late than never to introduce myself, right? I grew up in MA and learned to shoot at summer camp. I lived in Virginia for a while, and moved back up this way a few years ago to southern NH. My interests are competitive shooting and IDPA, and learning the history of obscure military arms. I'm looking forward to talking with other collectors and getting experience with all the varieties of live-fire training. I took a Defensive Carbine course a few years ago and really enjoyed rolling around in the dirt with an AK...while learning something!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm Mike. I've been a lurker for a long time on NES but better late than never to introduce myself, right? I grew up in MA and learned to shoot at summer camp. I lived in Virginia for a while, and moved back up this way a few years ago to southern NH. My interests are competitive shooting and IDPA, and learning the history of obscure military arms. I'm looking forward to talking with other collectors and getting experience with all the varieties of live-fire training. I took a Defensive Carbine course a few years ago and really enjoyed rolling around in the dirt with an AK...while learning something!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hi Mike [wave] Welcome to NES. Thanks for finally signing up and writing an intro post about yourself. Where in VA did you live? I live in Virginia now, moved from MA more than 3 years ago. Feel free to PM me if you don't wanna give out specifics publicly [smile]

Anyway, glad to have you aboard. Looking forward to you participating in the discussions. Have fun and cheers! [mg]

Total newbie. My wife got her LTC a and brought a 22. I took the class and just submitted my application.

She has not tried her gun yet and I am thinking of a 22 for me too . But might go 9 mm . Not sure.

Once I get my license we will ofcourse do some shooting together .

Southern mass.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Total newbie. My wife got her LTC a and brought a 22. I took the class and just submitted my application.

She has not tried her gun yet and I am thinking of a 22 for me too . But might go 9 mm . Not sure.

Once I get my license we will ofcourse do some shooting together .

Southern mass.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hello satishsrinivas76. Welcome! That's great to hear that your wife already got her LTC and you're well on the way to getting yours. Hopefully yours will be along shortly.

May I ask what town you're applying in? It could be helpful for others looking to apply in the same town as you, if you want to update us on your timeline (how long it look to receive your LTC, how friendly or not friendly the licensing officer was, etc.)

Hope to see you around the forums! Cheers [mg]

Back
Top Bottom