New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi from PA. Just joined

Avid hunter and shooter for 48 years shot competition flintlock for about 10 years. Have done malltalic reloading about 30+ years looking forward to learning more about others experience in hunting and shooting and reloading.
0ca152d787ab3b9337450e7b783a9a69.jpg

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi from PA. Just joined

Avid hunter and shooter for 48 years shot competition flintlock for about 10 years. Have done malltalic reloading about 30+ years looking forward to learning more about others experience in hunting and shooting and reloading.
0ca152d787ab3b9337450e7b783a9a69.jpg

Hi curly84. Welcome to NES. Happy to have you be a part of the forum. That's a nice looking gun you got there! Cheers [mg]

Going to shoot tomorrow Mondays first day deer season here in PA.
T/C Encore 2506 shoots real nice

Hi,
Joined months ago. Got my LTC in July. Bought a SW Shield 9 mm and just recently bought an MP 15-22. I fear this will soon become a trend that I will have to hide from the wife lol.

I think I might want to get into hunting. Not sure yet or how to get started. I did join a gun club in southeastern MA so I might reach out to some people there.

Glad to be here and as always am learning a lot.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
Joined months ago. Got my LTC in July. Bought a SW Shield 9 mm and just recently bought an MP 15-22. I fear this will soon become a trend that I will have to hide from the wife lol.

I think I might want to get into hunting. Not sure yet or how to get started. I did join a gun club in southeastern MA so I might reach out to some people there.

Glad to be here and as always am learning a lot.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, amartins02. Welcome to NES. Thanks for posting here and telling us about yourself. I also own a Shield 9mm and 15-22. They're nice guns. My husband and I sort of have a deal... if he buys a gun, I get to buy a gun as well lol We got matching Glock 43s this past. Valentine's Day [grin]

Look around on the forum for existing threads on getting started with hunting. If you don't find anything that pertains to you, definitely feel free to start a new thread. I'm sure many people will be happy to answer your questions and help you. Cheers! [mg]

I just joined yesterday. I live in Reading and going to apply for an LTC very soon. Do they except a ALP?
I grew up in New Hampshire and have been around guns all my life.

I just joined yesterday. I live in Reading and going to apply for an LTC very soon. Do they except a ALP?
I grew up in New Hampshire and have been around guns all my life.

Hello, banditone. Welcome to NES! Thanks for joining the community. Reading appears to be a "green" town so you are probably gonna be OK on the LTC-A with no restrictions (https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...uide+to+gun+rights+in+your+Massachusetts+town)

With that said, who knows. Once you apply and get your license, if you want and don't mind, please be sure to let us all know about how your process went and what you got. I'm sure others applying in Reading would appreciate a heads up.

See you around the forum [mg]

Hello all at NES. Just discovered this forum last week. I have CCW in CT. I also hunt, but other issues prevented me from going out more than 1 day this year.
I am also a member, albight not active, of CCDL. I would like to find a range in Northern CT to shoot at. I would like to pick up an AR -type weapon, but being limited to pre-ban(1994) REALLY sucks, especially when I see new ones for 1/3 - 1/4 the price.

TJC

Hello all at NES. Just discovered this forum last week. I have CCW in CT. I also hunt, but other issues prevented me from going out more than 1 day this year.
I am also a member, albight not active, of CCDL. I would like to find a range in Northern CT to shoot at. I would like to pick up an AR -type weapon, but being limited to pre-ban(1994) REALLY sucks, especially when I see new ones for 1/3 - 1/4 the price.

TJC

Hello there, TJC. Welcome to NES! Glad you found the forum and decided to join. Just looked up what CCDL is... I should have guessed. I am a member of VCDL here in Virginia. Good on you , even though not a active, at least you're still a member. Looking forward to seeing you participate in the discussions. Thanks for the intro post. See ya around [mg]

Hello there, TJC. Welcome to NES! Glad you found the forum and decided to join. Just looked up what CCDL is... I should have guessed. I am a member of VCDL here in Virginia. Good on you , even though not a active, at least you're still a member. Looking forward to seeing you participate in the discussions. Thanks for the intro post. See ya around [mg]

I'm trying to add Northeastshooters to my Tapatalk app, but they can't seem to find it in search. How do I add it?

I'm trying to add Northeastshooters to my Tapatalk app, but they can't seem to find it in search. How do I add it?

Stupid question, are you spelling it correctly when you searched in the app? Mine added with no issues. I tried searching in Tapatalk right now for it and I found it in the results fine.

Hey guys, My name is Nick. Im a club director and personal trainer at a gym in Framingham. I just completed my firearms safety course at Mass Firearms and will be applying for my LTC in Ashland in the very near future. Had an awesome experience with the guys over at Mass Firearms today and with it being so close by ill definitely be joining as a member once all my paperwork gets approved.

Hey guys, My name is Nick. Im a club director and personal trainer at a gym in Framingham. I just completed my firearms safety course at Mass Firearms and will be applying for my LTC in Ashland in the very near future. Had an awesome experience with the guys over at Mass Firearms today and with it being so close by ill definitely be joining as a member once all my paperwork gets approved.

Hi Nick, welcome to NES! Thanks for posting an intro of yourself. Glad to hear you're well on your way for an LTC. It looks like Ashland is a "green" town so hopefully, your process won't take super long and will be mostly painless. If you want, please update us on your process, in case anyone else is looking to apply in Ashland and are curious. I hope you enjoy this community as much as I have. Perhaps you'll consider becoming a (paid) green member at some point. You'll be supporting this great community (that you'll soon get to know) and it gives you access to free giveaways, member only shoots, meet ups, and discussions. See you around the forum. Cheers! [mg]

Hi Nick, welcome to NES! Thanks for posting an intro of yourself. Glad to hear you're well on your way for an LTC. It looks like Ashland is a "green" town so hopefully, your process won't take super long and will be mostly painless. If you want, please update us on your process, in case anyone else is looking to apply in Ashland and are curious. I hope you enjoy this community as much as I have. Perhaps you'll consider becoming a (paid) green member at some point. You'll be supporting this great community (that you'll soon get to know) and it gives you access to free giveaways, member only shoots, meet ups, and discussions. See you around the forum. Cheers! [mg]

Thank you minininjer. I will definitely post my progress as I make my way through. I have been lurking on these forums for a couple weeks and I do see the value of becoming a green member so I will at some point become one. I like the idea of member shoots and meet ups with other like minded individuals.

Thank you minininjer. I will definitely post my progress as I make my way through. I have been lurking on these forums for a couple weeks and I do see the value of becoming a green member so I will at some point become one. I like the idea of member shoots and meet ups with other like minded individuals.

Hello again, Nick [wave] That's great, hope you join soon. The shoots and meet ups are my favorite, for sure! I've organized several meet ups in my time here. I've met many members and consider some of these people my closest friends now. There are 3 or 4 member only shoots hosted at Monadnock Rod & Gun Club in Peterborough, NH each year. My favorite one is the "Pumpkin Blast" shoot [wink] [rockon] [mg]

See you around, maybe at a shoot or meet up.

-Cindy

Hey all,
New member from out in Pittsfield. Did a lot of target shooting out of state with my friends and got my LTC to be able to own in MA. When taking my LTC I was recommend NES as a great resource and got my first pistol from someone I met on here!

Hey all,
New member from out in Pittsfield. Did a lot of target shooting out of state with my friends and got my LTC to be able to own in MA. When taking my LTC I was recommend NES as a great resource and got my first pistol from someone I met on here!

Hi, hehe3301! [grin] Green member already? Reps inbound for that. Thanks for supporting this very awesome community that many of us love. Don't forget to join in on the members only stuff (giveaways - like this AWESOME one from NES & Mass Firearms, meet ups, discussions, etc.). Have fun and be safe out there [mg]

What's up guys, I'm a resident in boston *specifically charlestown. After a few trips up to Granite Indoor Range in NH, I pretty much fell in love with pistols/target shooting. I have my interview with BPD sometime in Feb. Hoping to get approved and then join a range, most likely MA Rifle in woburn, this spring if all goes well. You guys have a great community, happy to join...

What's up guys, I'm a resident in boston *specifically charlestown. After a few trips up to Granite Indoor Range in NH, I pretty much fell in love with pistols/target shooting. I have my interview with BPD sometime in Feb. Hoping to get approved and then join a range, most likely MA Rifle in woburn, this spring if all goes well. You guys have a great community, happy to join...

Hi maltc, "pretty much fell in love" ... welcome to the fam [smile] Cool, glad you've already gotten started with your process. Be sure to update us... Boston is a tough place... let us know how your process goes. Inquiring minds and fellow applicants are interested, I'm sure.

When I lived in MA, I was a member of 2 clubs, one being Mass Rifle in Woburn. It's a nice club, there are certain rules that can be annoying but being so close to other stuff (like the dealership nearby, etc) , what do you expect... When I'm visiting, I still occasionally pop in on Sunday morning breakfast with a couple of my friends who are members there. I miss the 24/7 access to the clubs. I don't have that luxury here where I live, unfortunately.

Considering becoming a paid (green) member on the site. You'll get access to free giveaways, meet ups and discussions. You'll also be supporting an amazing community. Anyway, good luck, have fun, and be safe. Cheers [mg]

Anyway, good luck, have fun, and be safe. Cheers [mg]

Thanks! I will definitely join the paid site if all goes well with my licensing etc! I'll contribute a thorough writeup of my experience with the next steps in my application. 3 questions you may be able to easily answer for me....
1- If I am restricted to target and hunting, to and from the range etc. Would it be illegal to stop at a drivethrough (dunkin donuts etc) for a coffee on my way back from the range, or for gas? 2-If a police scans your plates, will they see your a LTC holder and try and pull you over? 3--Does MA Rifle in woburn have lcd "distance" displays at the indoor range to move the targets forward?

Thanks! I will definitely join the paid site if all goes well with my licensing etc! I'll contribute a thorough writeup of my experience with the next steps in my application. 3 questions you may be able to easily answer for me....
1- If I am restricted to target and hunting, to and from the range etc. Would it be illegal to stop at a drivethrough (dunkin donuts etc) for a coffee on my way back from the range, or for gas? 2-If a police scans your plates, will they see your a LTC holder and try and pull you over? 3--Does MA Rifle in woburn have lcd "distance" displays at the indoor range to move the targets forward?

1. If you are caught carrying to/from the range you will lose your LTC as a minimum. Boston's restrictions are on paper and prohibit any carrying outside the restriction itself.

2. Yes in most cities/towns with modern MDTs in the cruisers.

3. I'll leave that to someone familiar with that club.

3--Does MA Rifle in woburn have lcd "distance" displays at the indoor range to move the targets forward?

3. I'll leave that to someone familiar with that club.

No, unfortunately, it does not have electronic displays. The targets do move back and forth electronically, but yeah, no displays to set a specific distance.

This concerns me...So officers with modern MDTs have been known to **** with LTC holders? This is borderline scary... I do not want to be on LEO radar AT ALL.

In that case your only alternative is to get off the grid, no DL, no car, no LTC, etc.

Just because they can get that info doesn't mean that they stop cars and hassle them (in MA) just because they have a LTC. My Wife and I drive, both have LTCs and the last time either of were stopped (speeding) was >20 yrs ago.

ETA: Sorry my prior answer wasn't a complete one . . . you had 2 questions: Can they see the LTC and my answer addressed that specifically. I was not trying to infer that they regularly pull over LTC holders and hassle them. Sorry for the confusion I caused.

Back
Top Bottom