New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

My wife submitted her paper work and did the biometric one day. The chief was busy and she got a lady who had the same last name as the cop who teaches the class . 5 weeks later card showed up.

I completed my course Friday and will drop the paper work tomorrrow.

We are from North Attleboro , ma. I live a dozen houses from angle tree and near American fireman's.

Can I change my user name from my Gmail account name Tapatalk used?

Satz
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
hi folks, brand new here. i escaped mass. about 20 yrs ago, kids still in mass. anyway, saw this site and i am now soet of in it. i see stuff about joining it ,but for the life of me i see now place to do this. i also can find no info on how much it costs or how to pay it. i' sent e-mails to your moderator, but i may just be to stupid to figure out his answers. any help would be most wecome. if you come to florida ( a free state ) , YA'LL STOP AND SAY HOWDY, WILL LET YOU SHOT ANYTHING, FULL AUTO, SURPRISEERS, AT ALL. THANKS..

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for caps and misspelling, as you saw i'm computer illertet.

hi folks, brand new here. i escaped mass. about 20 yrs ago, kids still in mass. anyway, saw this site and i am now soet of in it. i see stuff about joining it ,but for the life of me i see now place to do this. i also can find no info on how much it costs or how to pay it. i' sent e-mails to your moderator, but i may just be to stupid to figure out his answers. any help would be most wecome. if you come to florida ( a free state ) , YA'LL STOP AND SAY HOWDY, WILL LET YOU SHOT ANYTHING, FULL AUTO, SURPRISEERS, AT ALL. THANKS..

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for caps and misspelling, as you saw i'm computer illertet.

Hi shooter. First, welcome to NES!! Glad to have you on the forum.

I don't know what information you've already received but here is the post on getting a NES membership http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/5103-NES-Memberships

There are instructions there for paying online via PayPal ($21) and paying by check ($19).

If you need further help, please don't hesitate to let me know. You can either private message me or just reply here to me. Either way, I'll be more than happy to help you with the process.

-Cindy

Hello all! Newbie posting today, but I've been stocking the forums for a little bit now... Just had my mug shot and prints done in Mansfield today... awesome experience so far. Was told about 12 weeks before I should get a call back maybe sooner... that's okay, it gives me some time to prep and get familiar with the Mass laws... considering the membership once everything is all said and done.. looking forward to be an active contributor...

thanks

Hello all! Newbie posting today, but I've been stocking the forums for a little bit now... Just had my mug shot and prints done in Mansfield today... awesome experience so far. Was told about 12 weeks before I should get a call back maybe sooner... that's okay, it gives me some time to prep and get familiar with the Mass laws... considering the membership once everything is all said and done.. looking forward to be an active contributor...

thanks

Hi Jeff, welcome to the NES community [smile] I hope you get a call back from Mansfield PD soon. You have the right attitude about having more time to prep and learn the MA laws. Consider becoming a paid, green member at some point. You'll get to enjoy the benefits of meet and greets, shoots, member only threads, and free giveaways. Not to mention, you'll also be supporting a great community. I hope you enjoy the forum! [mg]

Last edited:
Hey, just registered with NEShooters. Excited to be a part of the thread. I am a Brighton, MA resident and I am waiting to get my LTC in March (interview scheduled, should have no trouble getting the license). I'm looking for a good range in the area. I do not have regular car access, so I'll probably take the T to my destinations. I've been thinking about using Boston Firearms or Mystic valley gun club. Anyone else have a suggestion?

Also, is there a high quality local shop in the area that others may recommend so I can purchase my first handgun? If I don't get responses here I'll probably post in the general forums!

Additionally, if anyone would want to have a private chat and is very familiar with the Boston gun area that would be awesome.

Hey, just registered with NEShooters. Excited to be a part of the thread. I am a Brighton, MA resident and I am waiting to get my LTC in March (interview scheduled, should have no trouble getting the license). I'm looking for a good range in the area. I do not have regular car access, so I'll probably take the T to my destinations. I've been thinking about using Boston Firearms or Mystic valley gun club. Anyone else have a suggestion?

Also, is there a high quality local shop in the area that others may recommend so I can purchase my first handgun? If I don't get responses here I'll probably post in the general forums!

Additionally, if anyone would want to have a private chat and is very familiar with the Boston gun area that would be awesome.

Hello, italia! Welcome to NES. Glad to hear you're well on your way to getting an LTC. Not sure I can help out with suggestions on gun range and shops in the Boston area that are accessible via the T. You might be better off posting in a different section of the forum. There's a specific gun range and club section, in case you didn't know. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself to us. Look forward to seeing you around the forum. Be safe and cheers [mg]

cindy

cindy, sorry just figured out how to get back to this site/ i tried the site you mentioned for membership and no luck. just trying to find something that says , join or sign up, no luck. i have kids still in mass. trying to give them some of my guns, i'm old. hard to find out what mass. lets you have, not much it seems like. but, anyway, thanks for help. i'm just going to fade away, like an old soldier. thanks agin.

cindy, sorry just figured out how to get back to this site/ i tried the site you mentioned for membership and no luck. just trying to find something that says , join or sign up, no luck. i have kids still in mass. trying to give them some of my guns, i'm old. hard to find out what mass. lets you have, not much it seems like. but, anyway, thanks for help. i'm just going to fade away, like an old soldier. thanks agin.

Hey shooter, no problem. I just sent you a private message. Hopefully, you are able to view it. If you're on a computer, at the top of the webpage, you should see a new 'Notification' with a new message in your inbox. I gave you some more detailed information on how to sign up. Don't fade away. Please come back [grin]

hi cindy, thanks for all your help, check is in the mail. i still have a difficult time navigating this site. just spent about 45 mins trying to figure out how to send this to you. have a great day, you and yours ever come to vero beach , florida give a shout.

hi cindy, thanks for all your help, check is in the mail. i still have a difficult time navigating this site. just spent about 45 mins trying to figure out how to send this to you. have a great day, you and yours ever come to vero beach , florida give a shout.

Glad you got it figured out, shooter. Thanks for the offer, my friend! [smile]

Greetings NES people. Thanks for accepting my account and excited to join the community.

About me: First introduced to guns in military schools (bolt-action 22, forget which make), then army basic (m16, m9, m240b, m249saw, etc.), then CCW after Obama got in lol. Bought my first guns early last year and have been CC daily and casually shooting at the range. Currently have a Sig P250 compact, Ruger LCR, and the HiPoint carbine, all chambered in 9mm.

My gf recently got her license from the BPD after shooting on moon island. She has a LTC class A with target/hunting restriction, but my research shows that she's still good for CC.

We shoot at the Boston gun and rifle association on Dot Ave and are looking to meet new people to shoot with. Just like campers/hikers/outdoor people, we have found gun folks to be among the nicest people around.

Hoping I can provide insight to new shooters, especially women, and to support our new president in protecting our Constitutional rights.

Thanks and I hope to meet many of you.

Sunny

Last edited:
Greetings NES people. Thanks for accepting my account and excited to join the community.

About me: First introduced to guns in military schools (bolt-action 22, forget which make), then army basic (m16, m9, m240b, m249saw, etc.), then CCW after Obama got in lol. Bought my first guns early last year and have been CC daily and casually shooting at the range. Currently have a Sig P250 compact, Ruger LCR, and the HiPoint carbine, all chambered in 9mm.

My gf recently got her license from the BPD after shooting on moon island. She has a LTC class A with target/hunting restriction, but my research shows that she's still good for CC.

We shoot at the Boston gun and rifle association on Dot Ave and are looking to meet new people to shoot with. Just like campers/hikers/outdoor people, we have found gun folks to be among the nicest people around.

Hoping I can provide insight to new shooters, especially women, and to support our new president in protecting our Constitutional rights.

Thanks and I hope to meet many of you.

Sunny

Hi Sunny. Welcome to NES! Glad to have you aboard. Looks like you are at least quite a bit experienced with firearms. That's great to hear [smile]

Regarding your gf's LTC-A w/ target & hunting restrictions - While I no longer live in MA and I'm certainly not a lawyer, I'd advise you to do ask in a section more appropriate for this kind of question or do some more research on it. In my opinion, if the PD wanted to "allow" her to carry concealed, she would have gotten an unrestricted license. Doing some quick research, check out this NES post from the past and also check out this page from GOAL, specifically the last bullet point on the page.

Anyway, just some friendly advice I wanted to throw out there for you. Again, happy to have you on the forum. Hope you enjoy the community as much as I have. Consider becoming a green, paid member... you'll get meet and greets, shoots, free giveaways, and members only discussion threads. Be safe! [mg]

Last edited:
Hello one and all!

My life and firearms: I got my first rifle at age 10, a Winchester Model 69A .22 Long Rifle. My father gave me my first box of 50 cartridges, but I had to earn money for more. He offered me a 5 cent bounty per dead gopher/ground squirrel. I shot a lot, and his way of incentivising my shooting accurately really pushed me to get better and better. I bought my first center-fire rifle as a freshman in high school, a new firm had started up called 'Springfield Armory' from whom I preordered an M1A. When it arrived after months of waiting I had an epiphany, THIS is what I want to do forever, shoot!

I enlisted in the Army after getting my BA on an Airborne Ranger contract. I worked for the Regular Army from 1986 to 1996 when the big Cold War Dividend hit (i.e. huge layoffs in the military) I left the Army and joined the Army Reserves where I worked as a drill sergeant, instructor, and as a MOS 38A Civil Affairs recon team member. On the Civilian side I used my GI bill to knock out a California Police Academy and with that in hand soon found myself working for the USBP in south Texas. The USBP was somewhat unhappy with agents being in the reserves so I went into the IRR. Then 9/11 happened. I had to get in on the fight. The Justice Dept wouldn't allow it so I resigned and enlisted in the only place that would take older men, the National Guard. Since 9-11 I have been here and there and all over the place. In coming back into the system I was reduced to E4, no problem. I served with the California National Guard's 1/184 Infantry AASLT until I retired in 2014 after attaining the high exalted rank of Staff Sergeant.

I know and have run ranges for all the weapons common to a light infantry battalion heavy weapons company, from pistol to heavy machine gun to the TOW-2b.

After retiring I was kinda burned out on military weapons, so I jumped headlong into antique Brit Rifles (I blame IMA and their Nepal Cache). I learned a bunch about reloading long obsolete black powder cartridges, percussion rifles and flintlocks - and had a blast doing it!

2017 hit and I felt a yearning, a yearning to get back into my military weapons collection and decided I'd start by bringing my old Colt Sporter II from 1984 into the 21st century. So I poked about the internet getting back up to speed on what's available on the market, what pricing was like and kept finding myself coming to this forum. So I joined!

I am a Californian. You might ask why I'd join a group based on the other side of the continent, well simply stated you have information I find useful with much less of the panicky, defensive and crass attitudes I've encountered on West coast forums.

I also frequent the FAL Files and the Martini-Henry Society.

So that is me. TL/DR I know, but I'm an old fart and we tend to palaver on and on.

Thank you for allowing me to join your forums. I look forward to learning more and assisting with advice whenever I can.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hello one and all!

My life and firearms: I got my first rifle at age 10, a Winchester Model 69A .22 Long Rifle. My father gave me my first box of 50 cartridges, but I had to earn money for more. He offered me a 5 cent bounty per dead gopher/ground squirrel. I shot a lot, and his way of incentivising my shooting accurately really pushed me to get better and better. I bought my first center-fire rifle as a freshman in high school, a new firm had started up called 'Springfield Armory' from whom I preordered an M1A. When it arrived after months of waiting I had an epiphany, THIS is what I want to do forever, shoot!

I enlisted in the Army after getting my BA on an Airborne Ranger contract. I worked for the Regular Army from 1986 to 1996 when the big Cold War Dividend hit (i.e. huge layoffs in the military) I left the Army and joined the Army Reserves where I worked as a drill sergeant, instructor, and as a MOS 38A Civil Affairs recon team member. On the Civilian side I used my GI bill to knock out a California Police Academy and with that in hand soon found myself working for the USBP in south Texas. The USBP was somewhat unhappy with agents being in the reserves so I went into the IRR. Then 9/11 happened. I had to get in on the fight. The Justice Dept wouldn't allow it so I resigned and enlisted in the only place that would take older men, the National Guard. Since 9-11 I have been here and there and all over the place. In coming back into the system I was reduced to E4, no problem. I served with the California National Guard's 1/184 Infantry AASLT until I retired in 2014 after attaining the high exalted rank of Staff Sergeant.

I know and have run ranges for all the weapons common to a light infantry battalion heavy weapons company, from pistol to heavy machine gun to the TOW-2b.

After retiring I was kinda burned out on military weapons, so I jumped headlong into antique Brit Rifles (I blame IMA and their Nepal Cache). I learned a bunch about reloading long obsolete black powder cartridges, percussion rifles and flintlocks - and had a blast doing it!

2017 hit and I felt a yearning, a yearning to get back into my military weapons collection and decided I'd start by bringing my old Colt Sporter II from 1984 into the 21st century. So I poked about the internet getting back up to speed on what's available on the market, what pricing was like and kept finding myself coming to this forum. So I joined!

I am a Californian. You might ask why I'd join a group based on the other side of the continent, well simply stated you have information I find useful with much less of the panicky, defensive and crass attitudes I've encountered on West coast forums.

I also frequent the FAL Files and the Martini-Henry Society.

So that is me. TL/DR I know, but I'm an old fart and we tend to palaver on and on.

Thank you for allowing me to join your forums. I look forward to learning more and assisting with advice whenever I can.

Cheers!

[wave] Delta 184, welcome to NES! Thank you for your service. And thanks for giving a very detailed introduction of yourself. Happy to hear that you have been finding the info here useful. Look forward to seeing you around on the forum. Be safe and cheers [mg]

well i finally pulled the trigger (no gun intended..i mean pun intended) i just applied for my ltc today and hopefully 6-8 weeks ill have an unrestricted license.iv been wanting to get my ltc since i was 21 and now 6 years later i finally did it.the process was super quick and easy and i cant wait till i get it.

well i finally pulled the trigger (no gun intended..i mean pun intended) i just applied for my ltc today and hopefully 6-8 weeks ill have an unrestricted license.iv been wanting to get my ltc since i was 21 and now 6 years later i finally did it.the process was super quick and easy and i cant wait till i get it.

Hello, dippie [grin] Welcome! 'Grats on finally going through the process. I also hope you'll get your LTC soon. Happy to hear that it was quick and easy... some other people are not as lucky, unfortunately. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself a little bit. See you around, be safe. Cheers! [mg]

hey all!

Im just outside of Boston. i grew up on a farm and used rifles as tools and for hunting. competed with air rifles in biathalon in high school. my parents are aging and are gifting me their collection, so I figure it's time to get my FID and LTC. read a lot of great posts here so figured i would join!

glad to be here,
Mike

hey all!

Im just outside of Boston. i grew up on a farm and used rifles as tools and for hunting. competed with air rifles in biathalon in high school. my parents are aging and are gifting me their collection, so I figure it's time to get my FID and LTC. read a lot of great posts here so figured i would join!

glad to be here,
Mike

Hello, Mike [wave][wave] Welcome to the NES community. Looks like you're familiar with firearms already. That's great!! Looking forward to seeing you participate on the forum. Be safe [mg]

New from Salem, MA. Just got my unrestricted LTC-A a few weeks ago. I started shooting when I was 8 with my grandfather at the Massachusetts Rifle Association.

New from Salem, MA. Just got my unrestricted LTC-A a few weeks ago. I started shooting when I was 8 with my grandfather at the Massachusetts Rifle Association.

Hi Broncos92, welcome to NES. 'Grats on receiving your LTC-A. Have you already made a first purchase? Hope so! I enjoyed my time at MRA. I was a member there until Nov 2013 when I moved down to Virginia. Anyway, enjoy and be safe. See you around the forum [mg]

Hi Broncos92, welcome to NES. 'Grats on receiving your LTC-A. Have you already made a first purchase? Hope so! I enjoyed my time at MRA. I was a member there until Nov 2013 when I moved down to Virginia. Anyway, enjoy and be safe. See you around the forum [mg]

Of course. I bought a S&W shield 9mm two days after receiving my license. I'm saving up for a nice .357 magnum revolver and I'll hopefully make it to the MRA this weekend to apply for membership.

Back
Top Bottom