New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello from a new member from CT. Been shooting for years. Mostly pistol lately. Former Marine, (A very long time ago). Currently work for the post Office. I am a member of WLOPA gun club in Wolcott, CT. Indeed I run the plate shoots there. Always interested in new sources of information on our sport. I'm sure I'll be posting with you all in the future. Thanks for the add. ~Matt

Hello from a new member from CT. Been shooting for years. Mostly pistol lately. Former Marine, (A very long time ago). Currently work for the post Office. I am a member of WLOPA gun club in Wolcott, CT. Indeed I run the plate shoots there. Always interested in new sources of information on our sport. I'm sure I'll be posting with you all in the future. Thanks for the add. ~Matt

Hello, CT-riverrat. Welcome to NES. Thank you for your service, Matt. Look forward to you posting around the forum [grin][mg]

I'm Jerami from CT. On a few other firearm related boards. Been shooting for a handful of years, mostly pistol, but plan to put more trigger time behind the AR this year.......and a whole lot more behind the pistols too. The plan is to start shooting USPSA (this coming Sunday actually) and this board has the info and people that the other places are lacking in those regards.

Safe shooting everyone.

I'm Jerami from CT. On a few other firearm related boards. Been shooting for a handful of years, mostly pistol, but plan to put more trigger time behind the AR this year.......and a whole lot more behind the pistols too. The plan is to start shooting USPSA (this coming Sunday actually) and this board has the info and people that the other places are lacking in those regards.

Safe shooting everyone.

Hi, Jerami. Another Connecticutter? Welcome! [grin] Good luck and have fun on your first USPSA match. Glad to see you're finding great info here. Consider joining as a paid green member. There are plenty of benefits... meet and greets, shoots, free giveaways and more! Be safe out there [mg]

Hello Everyone!

I live in a city just outside of Boston. I was referred here by a gym buddy of mine, and have learned so much in such a short time. Have been member for a few weeks now; first time posting. I've had my LTC A since September and I now have a 1911 and a 590a1 to my name, hoping to add a 9mm to that list soon. I'm currently looking to become a member of a gun club, I've been looking at MRA because of the 24/7 range and its close to home. I hope to meet a few of you at the range someday, and maybe in a Steel Challenge I get out of the newbie stage! [mg]

Hello Everyone!

I live in a city just outside of Boston. I was referred here by a gym buddy of mine, and have learned so much in such a short time. Have been member for a few weeks now; first time posting. I've had my LTC A since September and I now have a 1911 and a 590a1 to my name, hoping to add a 9mm to that list soon. I'm currently looking to become a member of a gun club, I've been looking at MRA because of the 24/7 range and its close to home. I hope to meet a few of you at the range someday, and maybe in a Steel Challenge I get out of the newbie stage! [mg]
Based on your username, I think we're going to get along [smile]

Hello Everyone!

Hi sigfanboy. Welcome to NES! Glad your first post is an introduction post. It's always nice to learn a little more about a member of the community. You seem to be well on your way to a great collection [smile]

MRA is a great club. I was a member for a few years until I moved out of state. When I went, I was practically the only one there and I wasn't going at odd hours of the night [thumbsup]

See ya around! [mg]

-Cindy

Hello Everyone!

Welcome SigFan!

I'm a member of MRA and love it. Nice place, nice folks.
If you want to join, do it sooner rather than later, as the application process takes several months.
Hope to meet you there some day.

Safe shooting,
- Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I just got a new job so most of my time is in the office, getting settled in, but sometimes I'm lucky enough to tag along with a buddy to the pin range at the Danvers Fish and Game Club Saturday mornings (gotta love shooting steel). If you see a kid with a Sig Target and a few hundred rounds of .45 come say hi!

Also Gary, thanks for the advice on MRA I'll have to get the tour soon, hope to see you there eventually.

My buddy referred me to this page and said it was a great place to talk guns. I am from Massachusetts and recently got my class a license. I am new to this world and will have many questions. I haven't gotten my first gun yet, but I hope to do that this week. Thanks for the add!

My buddy referred me to this page and said it was a great place to talk guns. I am from Massachusetts and recently got my class a license. I am new to this world and will have many questions. I haven't gotten my first gun yet, but I hope to do that this week. Thanks for the add!

Welcome to the forum man! I can vouch for Tcamara. He's a straight shooter.

Hi TCamara! Welcome to NES! No problem , if you have questions, this is the place to ask! There are so many great members here, many with a lot of experience, who would be happy to help answer your questions. Just make sure you try to look it up by searching the forum first. Likely, many of the basic, general questions have been asked by others already. Anyway, again, welcome! Enjoy the forum!

-Cindy

Hi! My name is Chris, I live in N. Woodstock NH. I served 7 years in the Army and have been shooting regularly for the past 10 years. Just took up reloading and started hunting a few years ago. I've tried skeet shooting without much luck so far but I'm going to keep working at it.

Hi! My name is Chris, I live in N. Woodstock NH. I served 7 years in the Army and have been shooting regularly for the past 10 years. Just took up reloading and started hunting a few years ago. I've tried skeet shooting without much luck so far but I'm going to keep working at it.

Hi Chris [wave] welcome to NES. Looks like you're in the White Mountain area. I've been up there for hiking and skiing. Thanks for your service. Since you just took up reloading, feel free to search around the forum for info if you need help with something. If you don't find answers, definitely start a new thread and I'm sure someone will come along.

Consider becoming a green (paid) member at some point. In addition to supporting a great community, you'll also be able to enter giveaways, member shoots, meet ups, and member only threads.

Cheers, be safe [mg]

-Cindy

Hello,
Well kinda new to this here. I myself has done some shooting in the past but not in a long time. Looking to get back in it along with my family. So just looking around for starters. Located in Brunswick Maine, and looking as to where to go and what to get as a good starting handgun. This will be for all of us to shoot with at first, My daughter is 14 and wants to do this also and I feel this is a good way to help her out. She has done archery in the past and loved it.
And HI everyone :)
Keith

Hello,
Well kinda new to this here. I myself has done some shooting in the past but not in a long time. Looking to get back in it along with my family. So just looking around for starters. Located in Brunswick Maine, and looking as to where to go and what to get as a good starting handgun. This will be for all of us to shoot with at first, My daughter is 14 and wants to do this also and I feel this is a good way to help her out. She has done archery in the past and loved it.
And HI everyone :)
Keith

Hi Keith. Welcome to NES. Thanks for giving us an introduction of yourself. I hope you are able to find some answers to what you're looking for. If not, you should post around the forum (in the appropriate section [wink], of course) and see if anyone else knows or has a recommendation for you. Glad to hear that your teenage daughter is interested in firearms as well [mg]

-Cindy

Hi, I'm Connor, from SEMass, and I'm new to firearms. Most of my experience is with 22's and a 12 gauge from my years as a boy scout. (Any other eagles here?) I'm young, and just received my FID card. Still fumbling around and figuring everything out, please excuse my ignorance.

Hi, I'm Connor, from SEMass, and I'm new to firearms. Most of my experience is with 22's and a 12 gauge from my years as a boy scout. (Any other eagles here?) I'm young, and just received my FID card. Still fumbling around and figuring everything out, please excuse my ignorance.

Hi Connor, welcome to NES! We are happy to have a youngin on board.

I'm a newbie (to gun ownership and this site) here. Living in MA with a new Class A LTC (target and hunting restriction...BS). Proud owner of a Sig p229.

Hi kingofprussia! Welcome to NES. 'Grats on your LTC, sorry to hear you got restricted [sad] Have you taken your P229 out to the range yet? Reps will be incoming for going green already. Be sure to check out the members forum and take advantage of the giveaways, shoots, and meets, among other things [wink] Enjoy! [mg]

Hello members,

I recently applied and approved for LTC unrestricted. Exploring and creating my shopping list in the meantime! This will be my first gun purchase. Very excited!

I am in Hopkinton, MA. Nice PD over here; got to know them while going through this process. Nice experience.

Hello members,

I recently applied and approved for LTC unrestricted. Exploring and creating my shopping list in the meantime! This will be my first gun purchase. Very excited!

I am in Hopkinton, MA. Nice PD over here; got to know them while going through this process. Nice experience.

congrats and welcome.

psp, welcome aboard, and congratulations on the unrestricted LTC! That's great the Hopkinton PD are good guys. You've probably realized this place is a treasure trove of information and helpful folks. Consider going green (paid membership). It not only gets you into the Karma giveaways, group buys and classifieds, but also the member shoots and get-togethers. This a really great crowd of people.

psp, welcome aboard, and congratulations on the unrestricted LTC! That's great the Hopkinton PD are good guys. You've probably realized this place is a treasure trove of information and helpful folks. Consider going green (paid membership). It not only gets you into the Karma giveaways, group buys and classifieds, but also the member shoots and get-togethers. This a really great crowd of people.

Done. I am green!

Hi all, been on this forum a year, green member a week. I'm an antiques dealer who relocated to the Cape from NY 2 years ago and am happy to be here. Joined a club, do a bit of plinking, dig for quahogs, and am enjoying semi retirement. Life is good. DSC

Hi all, been on this forum a year, green member a week. I'm an antiques dealer who relocated to the Cape from NY 2 years ago and am happy to be here. Joined a club, do a bit of plinking, dig for quahogs, and am enjoying semi retirement. Life is good. DSC

Hi LotsaTiques. Welcome! Thanks for being a green member and supporting a great community. Grats on semi retirement. Is full on retirement coming soon? I love quahog //drool

-Cindy

Thanks for the welcome Cindy. I'll never fully retire. having too much fun buying and selling.In this economy I go by this moto - "buy high - sell low". I make it work with volume (wink).

Maybe you can help me - I've been trying to figure out how to post large pictures. I've seen some nice big pictures on here and mine always look like thumbnails. Thanks in advance if you can help me. I'll save ya a quahog if you ever get to the Cape.

DSC

Thanks for the welcome Cindy. I'll never fully retire. having too much fun buying and selling.In this economy I go by this moto - "buy high - sell low". I make it work with volume (wink).

Maybe you can help me - I've been trying to figure out how to post large pictures. I've seen some nice big pictures on here and mine always look like thumbnails. Thanks in advance if you can help me. I'll save ya a quahog if you ever get to the Cape.

DSC

Sure, I think you need to upload your picture to a separate photo sharing site, like Imgur, Photobucket, Flickr, etc. once you do that, you can copy the direct URL of the image and insert it on the forum.

If you need further help beyond this, let me know and we'll go through it over in private messages so we don't clog up this thread [smile]

Hi Everyone,

Been on this site and a gun owner for a few months now. It's been a great resource for me as I try to get acquainted with the MA rules & regs. I used to check daily for just the classified and do searches when I need info, but recently I've been exploring some other OT threads... you guys are entertaining! Live in Boston, shoot in Braintree, proud owner of a few Sigs already. Grew up in upstate NY around guns and a lot of target shooting in the backyard, finally got around to getting a license in MA. Just saying hi. Hope to see some of you on at the range. -Jeremy-

Back
Top Bottom