• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello, new young member here from Northern RI. I just came across this site but am not new to owning & operating firearms. Unfortunately, my family & business schedule has limited my experience with usage in New England but I've been to ranges elsewhere in other states and in other countries. Looking to get more involved with gun clubs, meet local folk and potentially apply for my CCW.

Hello, young person. Welcome to NES. Looking forward to your posts around the forum. Thanks for the intro post [mg]

Cheers,
Cindy

Hi ladies and gents, my name is tyler and i live in falmouth, on the cape. Im still waiting for my ltc unrestricted (14 weeks in ) but I live in a green town so I know ill get it. Have limited experience with firearms but I cant wait to get my permit and get some training done! Thanks for the info posted here, ive learned alot!

Hi ladies and gents, my name is tyler and i live in falmouth, on the cape. Im still waiting for my ltc unrestricted (14 weeks in ) but I live in a green town so I know ill get it. Have limited experience with firearms but I cant wait to get my permit and get some training done! Thanks for the info posted here, ive learned alot!

Hi Tyler. Welcome and thanks for posting here to introduce yourself. I can't speak for everyone but I do enjoy getting to read about our newest members [smile]. Hope you get that LTC sooner rather than later. Catch you around the forum [mg]

-Cindy

I'm Cathy just come on board. I live in Saugus had my LTC in Mass and NH since 2006 I own a S&W 38 and a S&W 9MM along with my fathers 22 rifle handed down to me. I just started range shooting and love it. I've done most of my shooting in the woods of NH. Currently looking to join a club close to Saugus. I'm interested in joining the range in Lynn cause it's a No frills no egos type of a place which fits me. But they are full and taking no more memberships. So for now I'll continue using Bob's in Salisbury and continue searching for a range that fits me. :)

Last edited:
I'm Cathy just come on board. I live in Saugus had my LTC since 2006 I own a S&W 38 and a S&W 9MM along with my fathers 22 rifle handed down to me. I just started range shooting and love it. I've done most of my shooting in the woods of NH. Currently looking to join a club close to Saugus. I'm interested in joining the range in Lynn cause it's a No frills no egos type of a place which fits me. But they are full and taking no more memberships for now so my search continues.

Hello Cathy, welcome to NES! Sorry your first choice range is not accepting memberships at this current time. Is there a waiting list you can get on or do you have to keep checking back if you're still interested? Either way, I hope you can get on the range soon!

Hi all!

I'm Sam, currently living in Oregon, in the process of relocating to MA. (Yeah, seems backwards, I know, but read on... :))

I was born in MA in 1960, moved to NH in '78, CO in '91, and OR in '96. Some very lovely places. In CO I was in the shadow of Pike's Peak, right on the edge of Pike National Forest. Here I'm in the shadow of Mary's Peak, 50 miles from the Pacific.

In March of this year an opportunity presented itself, and I find myself coming home. My sister has lived in Chatham since 1972, and I've been going down there regularly since that time. After my parents divorced in '78 all the family holidays and get togethers were held there. I married my first wife there and had my reception at my sister's house. That sister recently got a second house, and is sick of renting the first one to people who don't care for it, so I'm taking it over. I managed to find a job (better than my current one, higher pay, signing bonus, the whole bit) and am headed back to MA later this year. Everything fell into place so smoothly I couldn't have said "no" if I wanted to.

I've always been into guns, had an FID card before I ever left MA, etc. I managed to amass (hah!) a pretty large collection in the intervening years, and am on here researching everything I need to know about current MA gun laws and such. I will be asking questions. I do have an AR, and handguns with > 10 round mags, so need to figure things out pretty quick. I had one, a Freedom Arms '97, who's box wax marked "Not For Sale in MA", and I never did figure that out. No external safety (it's a revolver)? Company didn't want to submit one for testing? (I think that's the case.) But I sold that one not too long ago.

I'm a member on many gun forums, though I have used a different username in the past. I used to be a moderator on RugerForum.com. My big gun acquisition and trading, even shooting years are behind me at this point. I used to go to the range every week, now it's months between times, and I just go to plink .22 mostly. I have an Oregon CHL but haven't carried a gun on my person in quite a while; the threat level in my town is exceptionally low. I have another sister who's an NRA Certified Instructor, and have had many shooting buddies over the years with that accreditation, so have had some good training.

I'm also a musician, playing bass (upright and electric), guitar, and banjo. I play in 3 bands locally, and have already made musical contacts on the Cape.

That's my story. Welcome to my future. :)

Hi all!

I'm Sam, currently living in Oregon, in the process of relocating to MA. (Yeah, seems backwards, I know, but read on... :))

I was born in MA in 1960, moved to NH in '78, CO in '91, and OR in '96. Some very lovely places. In CO I was in the shadow of Pike's Peak, right on the edge of Pike National Forest. Here I'm in the shadow of Mary's Peak, 50 miles from the Pacific.

In March of this year an opportunity presented itself, and I find myself coming home. My sister has lived in Chatham since 1972, and I've been going down there regularly since that time. After my parents divorced in '78 all the family holidays and get togethers were held there. I married my first wife there and had my reception at my sister's house. That sister recently got a second house, and is sick of renting the first one to people who don't care for it, so I'm taking it over. I managed to find a job (better than my current one, higher pay, signing bonus, the whole bit) and am headed back to MA later this year. Everything fell into place so smoothly I couldn't have said "no" if I wanted to.

I've always been into guns, had an FID card before I ever left MA, etc. I managed to amass (hah!) a pretty large collection in the intervening years, and am on here researching everything I need to know about current MA gun laws and such. I will be asking questions. I do have an AR, and handguns with > 10 round mags, so need to figure things out pretty quick. I had one, a Freedom Arms '97, who's box wax marked "Not For Sale in MA", and I never did figure that out. No external safety (it's a revolver)? Company didn't want to submit one for testing? (I think that's the case.) But I sold that one not too long ago.

I'm a member on many gun forums, though I have used a different username in the past. I used to be a moderator on RugerForum.com. My big gun acquisition and trading, even shooting years are behind me at this point. I used to go to the range every week, now it's months between times, and I just go to plink .22 mostly. I have an Oregon CHL but haven't carried a gun on my person in quite a while; the threat level in my town is exceptionally low. I have another sister who's an NRA Certified Instructor, and have had many shooting buddies over the years with that accreditation, so have had some good training.

I'm also a musician, playing bass (upright and electric), guitar, and banjo. I play in 3 bands locally, and have already made musical contacts on the Cape.

That's my story. Welcome to my future. :)

Hi Sam, thank you so much for the wonderful intro. I have to say, I had fun reading this one [laugh] I'm very happy that everything seems to be falling in the right places for you.

Absolutely use this community for all of your MA gun questions. You can try searching for previous threads opened by other members first so that we don't have too many duplicates on the same topic but if you don't find the answer you're looking for, feel free to start a new thread and I'm sure someone will come along.

See you around the forum [mg]

-Cindy

Hi Sam, thank you so much for the wonderful intro. I have to say, I had fun reading this one [laugh] I'm very happy that everything seems to be falling in the right places for you.

Absolutely use this community for all of your MA gun questions. You can try searching for previous threads opened by other members first so that we don't have too many duplicates on the same topic but if you don't find the answer you're looking for, feel free to start a new thread and I'm sure someone will come along.

See you around the forum [mg]

-Cindy
Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Hello-

My name is Brian. I am total noob. I took the LTC class last week and will be submitting the necessary paperwork to the local PD tomorrow

Greetings from the Green Mountain State! Long time lurker, finally decided to sign up...

i apologize for my slacking in welcoming our new members. Welcome one, welcome all. Thank you both for registering and becoming a part of this community. Enjoy and stay safe [mg]

Hi All,

Long time lurker / registered reader. Punched the green ticket tonight as well. Learned a lot so far and hoping to contribute little by little.

Hello Castlenut. Welcome to NES. Thanks for going green and supporting this great community. Make sure you check out the "members forum" to take advantage of some great stuff offered only to green members. See you around the forum!

-Cindy [mg]

Hello all. Been part of other gun and shooting forums for two years and finally decided I needed to join a more local forum. Hopefully you guys keep your eyes open at your local gun stores because I'm always looking for antique black powder cartridge guns. I'd rather inspect them in person than buy them from an auction site and get a rusted out bore.

I'm located in the anus of New England, aka Rhode Island.

Hello all. Been part of other gun and shooting forums for two years and finally decided I needed to join a more local forum. Hopefully you guys keep your eyes open at your local gun stores because I'm always looking for antique black powder cartridge guns. I'd rather inspect them in person than buy them from an auction site and get a rusted out bore.

I'm located in the anus of New England, aka Rhode Island.

Hi TruthTellers. Welcome to the NES community. Thanks for signing up. Looking forward to you contributing to the forum.

Hi guys, I'm in MetroWest of MA, and in the past have mostly come here to lurk discussions about my stupid state.

I've had my Class A LTC for close to 20 years, own a couple handguns and go the range a couple times every few years. Usually Manchester Firing Line or Mass Firearms School, occasionally would rent the MP5SD or Mark23 (when they had them) or the M4 when I feel like lighting money on fire. Looking to improve a bit and maybe branch out into rifle and shotgun skills as well.

Glad to be aboard!

Hi guys, I'm in MetroWest of MA, and in the past have mostly come here to lurk discussions about my stupid state.

I've had my Class A LTC for close to 20 years, own a couple handguns and go the range a couple times every few years. Usually Manchester Firing Line or Mass Firearms School, occasionally would rent the MP5SD or Mark23 (when they had them) or the M4 when I feel like lighting money on fire. Looking to improve a bit and maybe branch out into rifle and shotgun skills as well.

Glad to be aboard!

Welcome, uwaeve. Thanks for going green to support this great community. You're not alone coming here to lurk discussions about the stupid state [laugh] See ya around the forum.

Stay safe [mg]

-Cindy

Hey,
I just registered last week because I'll be relocating from Georgia and am trying to get a grip on Massachusetts gun laws. I posted some questions in the General Discussion section.
I look forward to interacting with you guys and gals as I stumble my way through the licensing process, and start looking for outdoor range recommendations, and contributing to this board.
Ronso

Hey,
I just registered last week because I'll be relocating from Georgia and am trying to get a grip on Massachusetts gun laws. I posted some questions in the General Discussion section.
I look forward to interacting with you guys and gals as I stumble my way through the licensing process, and start looking for outdoor range recommendations, and contributing to this board.
Ronso

Hello, Ronso. Welcome to NES. Thanks for taking the time to quickly introduce yourself to us. I hope your move from GA will go without a hitch. The laws in MA are very confusing but we are here to help. Remember that most of us are not real lawyers. Some people may just be giving you their understanding of the law, it could be right or it could wrong. It is your job to figure that out. With that said, look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Cheers [mg]

-Cindy

Hi Folks!

Im Peter from the North Shore of Ma.
Been shooting for many moons but new to the forum.
Great source for knowledge and looking forward to learning more.

Thanks

Hi All,

I've been lurking on here for quite a while soaking up the knowledge and enjoying the debates. I finally decided to register and go green. I grew up in RI and now live in MA near the MA/RI border. I had a FID for two years while I was living in Walpole before I bought a home in a green town and obtained my LTC last November. I'm currently a member at Hopkinton. I've shot rifles and shotguns since I was young but I'm fairly new to handguns. Looking forward to learning more from the members here.

Back
Top Bottom