New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

New member today. Lots of reading and learning. 9 weeks to get unrestricted (Aug to Oct) Easton.

Hi Bernietech [wave] Welcome to NES! Glad to hear you're finding NES helpful. Consider joining the green side (paid member) at some point. Some benefits are free giveaways, member only discussions, meet and greets, shoots, and more. Have fun and be safe. Cheers [mg]

Hello All, Thought I would finally take minute and say "Hi" and introduce myself. Ive been following the forum almost a year now and felt it was maybe time to come out of shadows and contribute. I'm a tech guy by trade and live in the Berkshires. Got my LTC (unrestricted) last July and so far have an S&W E-Series 1911 and Model 41.
I found NES doing multiple Google searches on MA gun laws, I found so many good threads on NES that I went through the entire Mass Gun Law section from start to end. I Also did every single page of the Funny Picture of the Day Megathread, which I felt was quite the accomplishment [smile]

Thank you for all the good advice on laws and range etiquette
Thank you for helping me get from "not on the paper" to bullseyes at 50' with my 1911
Thank you for giving me something to do besides working all the time.

NES does a lot to get folks into shooting and comfortable with guns, which hopefully will lead to changing some the BS that passes for guns laws around here.

So once again I say "Thank You"

Hello All, Thought I would finally take minute and say "Hi" and introduce myself. Ive been following the forum almost a year now and felt it was maybe time to come out of shadows and contribute. I'm a tech guy by trade and live in the Berkshires. Got my LTC (unrestricted) last July and so far have an S&W E-Series 1911 and Model 41.
I found NES doing multiple Google searches on MA gun laws, I found so many good threads on NES that I went through the entire Mass Gun Law section from start to end. I Also did every single page of the Funny Picture of the Day Megathread, which I felt was quite the accomplishment [smile]

Thank you for all the good advice on laws and range etiquette
Thank you for helping me get from "not on the paper" to bullseyes at 50' with my 1911
Thank you for giving me something to do besides working all the time.

NES does a lot to get folks into shooting and comfortable with guns, which hopefully will lead to changing some the BS that passes for guns laws around here.

So once again I say "Thank You"

Hello Helix. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself to us. Took you long enough [wink] You've had your license for over half a year and all you've got to show for it are 2 guns? Get a move on, my friend [laugh] [smile] Cheers and thanks for being a green member. Be safe, see ya around [mg]

Hello, my name is Wayne. I have been lurking here for quite a while and decided to step out of the shadows. I live in Salem New Hampshire (aka Northern Mass). I have been married for close to 20 years and I have two children. Tara is age 18 and Logan is 15. I have been playing with guns since I was in my teens and brought both of my children up to understand, handle and respect them. My whole family, including my misses, enjoys the woods and hunting.

I have been following the recent legislation regarding SB 12. I have been sending emails and letters to Hassan for the last few years even though I knew it was futile. I'm glad that this passed the House and Senate, again, and I'm hoping Sununu keeps his promise to sign it. I'm about 95% confident that he will. The only thing that I worry about is the undue influence of people who probably have no idea how to spell New Hampshire, let alone know where it is, but want to influence how we live by infecting us with there ideals and propaganda.

Anyway, thanks for letting me join and I will see you around.

Hello, my name is Wayne. I have been lurking here for quite a while and decided to step out of the shadows. I live in Salem New Hampshire (aka Northern Mass). I have been married for close to 20 years and I have two children. Tara is age 18 and Logan is 15. I have been playing with guns since I was in my teens and brought both of my children up to understand, handle and respect them. My whole family, including my misses, enjoys the woods and hunting.

I have been following the recent legislation regarding SB 12. I have been sending emails and letters to Hassan for the last few years even though I knew it was futile. I'm glad that this passed the House and Senate, again, and I'm hoping Sununu keeps his promise to sign it. I'm about 95% confident that he will. The only thing that I worry about is the undue influence of people who probably have no idea how to spell New Hampshire, let alone know where it is, but want to influence how we live by infecting us with there ideals and propaganda.

Anyway, thanks for letting me join and I will see you around.

Hello, Wayne. Thanks for the great intro. Glad you finally decided to join this wonderful community. It sounds like you have a wonderful family. Happy you are on board to fight the good fight with your fellow Americans. Consider joining as a green (paid) member at some point. You'll have the opportunity to win free stuff, go to meet and greets, member only shoots, etc. It's a great way to support this community, if you find it to be useful resource. Cheers and be safe out there [mg]

Welcome aboard Crossbow! Yes, come out of the shadows and into the warm sun. Go green(paid member) and really enjoy things. You're in a good location to go to some of the organized events members get to enjoy. It's a great crowd here.

You being an outdoorsman with two kids being brought up with firearms and being politically active, you'll be a great addition here![thumbsup]
You also sound like a smart and balanced person which means you might not fit in here that well[rofl] (j/k)

Whats up everybody. Found the site in the last month when I decided to apply for my LTC, which was submitted yesterday after a painless interview.
Been a looooooong time since I last shot, having grown up with guns in MI, but I wanted to make sure my two sons got a taste of my childhood.
A class up at Sig Academy rekindled my love of shooting and I found this site trying to sort out the application process do's/don'ts.

I'm filling the time until my LTC arrives with three more pistol classes up at Sig and will be scanning this site for info on a good local range to join (cape ann and andover on my radar but open for suggestions and sponsors...). I'm located on the N Shore.

I've got a few Sigs on my radar but still trying to figure out the best place to purchase.
A 229 and hopefully non-safety 320 compact (love the interchangeable frame sizes given desire to get sons and wife shooting) are at the top of my list.
Again suggestions here or by PM would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, thanks for the great and informative site.

Whats up everybody. Found the site in the last month when I decided to apply for my LTC, which was submitted yesterday after a painless interview.
Been a looooooong time since I last shot, having grown up with guns in MI, but I wanted to make sure my two sons got a taste of my childhood.
A class up at Sig Academy rekindled my love of shooting and I found this site trying to sort out the application process do's/don'ts.

I'm filling the time until my LTC arrives with three more pistol classes up at Sig and will be scanning this site for info on a good local range to join (cape ann and andover on my radar but open for suggestions and sponsors...). I'm located on the N Shore.

I've got a few Sigs on my radar but still trying to figure out the best place to purchase.
A 229 and hopefully non-safety 320 compact (love the interchangeable frame sizes given desire to get sons and wife shooting) are at the top of my list.
Again suggestions here or by PM would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, thanks for the great and informative site.

Hi Masswhole (nice name [laugh]). Welcome to NES. Glad you had a painless process. I hope you receive your LTC in a timely manner. Your best bet for local range is probably contact them and see if you can get a tour of the place. You may or may not like it, even if someone does suggest it. See you around! [mg]

Hello, Wayne. Thanks for the great intro. Glad you finally decided to join this wonderful community. It sounds like you have a wonderful family. Happy you are on board to fight the good fight with your fellow Americans. Consider joining as a green (paid) member at some point. You'll have the opportunity to win free stuff, go to meet and greets, member only shoots, etc. It's a great way to support this community, if you find it to be useful resource. Cheers and be safe out there [mg]

Welcome aboard Crossbow! Yes, come out of the shadows and into the warm sun. Go green(paid member) and really enjoy things. You're in a good location to go to some of the organized events members get to enjoy. It's a great crowd here.

You being an outdoorsman with two kids being brought up with firearms and being politically active, you'll be a great addition here![thumbsup]
You also sound like a smart and balanced person which means you might not fit in here that well[rofl] (j/k)

Thanks for the warm welcome. As you can see I decided to go green. I give enough money to pro 2A organizations as is so what is another $21... I wouldn't go overboard with trying to call me balanced. I full tilt or maybe it's just tilt?!?! Who knows. Anyway, I have an opinion and as long as my wife agrees with it then I share it.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Thanks for the warm welcome. As you can see I decided to go green. I give enough money to pro 2A organizations as is so what is another $21... I wouldn't go overboard with trying to call me balanced. I full tilt or maybe it's just tilt?!?! Who knows. Anyway, I have an opinion and as long as my wife agrees with it then I share it.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Reps for joining the green side already. [smile] In case you haven't already, be sure to check out the members forum section for goodies.

Hello all, been reading and learning here on and off since 2013. Went green this morning and per SOP making my introduction from the Boston area.

Have been shooting, carrying daily for about 28yrs now. Not a collector, just don't have the money for it, but have a couple that I enjoy firing.

Former Army 2/75 RR
MPTC Firearms Instructor 2007 - Present
MPTC Active Shooter Instructor 2007 - Present
Certified Smith and Wesson Patrol Rifle Instructor (Expired)

There are a lot of people here much smarter and more experienced than me, as I've read, but will contribute when and where I'm able to as I continue to learn myself.

Thanks for having me onboard.

Hello, cams! Welcome to NES. Glad to see you've finally come out of the wood works and decided to join us in discussions AND meet ups! It seems like you've only got very little experience with firearms. Learn up, son! This is a great place for that. [laugh][smile] All kidding aside, it was wonderful meeting you Tue night!

Greetings all!
I have been monitoring the forum but just joined. I live in Nashua,NH and am a member of the NH Governor's Horse Guard, have been a Civil War reenactor with several groups since 1980 and in a gun club on Long Island,years ago NY held several officer positions including Executive officer for our National Match Course High Power Rifle competitions. I used to handload several military calibers and qualified NRA Expert using an M1 Garand. I am retired from the NY State Guard as Major and for a time was a commander of an Internal Security Battalion. I moved to NH when my employer consolidated two firms. I am active in politics and was a Ward Chairman for Donald Trump for president.
I like the forum and hope to contribute.

Greetings all!
I have been monitoring the forum but just joined. I live in Nashua,NH and am a member of the NH Governor's Horse Guard, have been a Civil War reenactor with several groups since 1980 and in a gun club on Long Island,years ago NY held several officer positions including Executive officer for our National Match Course High Power Rifle competitions. I used to handload several military calibers and qualified NRA Expert using an M1 Garand. I am retired from the NY State Guard as Major and for a time was a commander of an Internal Security Battalion. I moved to NH when my employer consolidated two firms. I am active in politics and was a Ward Chairman for Donald Trump for president.
I like the forum and hope to contribute.

Hi Maxrobot. Thanks for the introduction post. Sounds like you may be bringing some experience with you. Looking forward to seeing you join in on the discussions! Cheers [mg]

Hello, cams! Welcome to NES. Glad to see you've finally come out of the wood works and decided to join us in discussions AND meet ups! It seems like you've only got very little experience with firearms. Learn up, son! This is a great place for that. [laugh][smile] All kidding aside, it was wonderful meeting you Tue night!

Ha. lol Yes ma'am, I'm still learning every day, trying to stay relevant in my old age. [grin][smile]

Hi all, I've been a lurker for a little while so here I amout in the open. Got my unrestricted CC back in August in the "Red" townof Woburn. Did some shooting years ago but life got in the way, but now I amback
I do enjoy a little target shooting at Mass Rifle Assoc.

Welcome aboard Gamo! Reps for being green on post #1[thumbsup]. And welcome back to the shooting sports. Lots of us have taken similar breaks to do important work like having a family[grin]. You're in a good location. I hear a lot of good things about MRA. Since you're green, be sure to keep an eye open for NES shoots and meet-up dinners. It's a great crowd of people here.

I thought I would check in here now that my profile has been approved. I live in Salem, Mass with my wife and son. I'm an IT guy by trade. I've long been interested in shooting for sport/fun, and have been brought along to some ranges and farms by friends and family where I've been able to see and experience that.

I do not currently own any firearms. I am one of those people in a black hole thanks to the Massachusetts "misdofelony" prohibited persons baloney. Never been convicted of a felony but I made a single, stupid motor vehicle mistake when I was a much younger guy (almost 20 years ago) and as a result, I am where I am. Nobody and nothing was hurt, except my pride, and my 2A rights. I plead guilty and assumed responsibility. I had no clue this would preclude me from gun ownership at the time.

So my interest here is primarily in the law and legal side of firearm ownership in Massachusetts. I'm hoping that the current administration at 1600 Pennyslvania Ave might be able to offer people like myself relief without having to navigate an expensive and complicated process (FLRB). So I joined to be able to get any emerging or new insights into Mass gun laws.

The hobbies I'm still legally allowed to pursue, and enjoy, include amateur radio, motorcycles and tool collecting. Thanks for having me.

Welcome MM. Yeah, MA loves having its subjects under it's total control, and one way to do that is with their over-reaching laws.

Go digging around the MA State Laws forum. There's great advice there going back a decade. There's lots of people in similar situations. I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like with a good lawyer (and too much $ spent) you might get your 2A rights restored.

Welcome MM... sounds like with a good lawyer (and too much $ spent) you might get your 2A rights restored.

I have lurked on the MA State Laws forum for literally years before registering here. Unfortunately, I've had to make a cost/benefit conclusion that pursuing FLRB relief is too costly and time consuming given my current situation vis-a-vis free time and money. Anyways, thanks for the welcome! Lets hope something changes...

Last edited:
Welcome MM. Sadly the ATF does not recognize FLRB restoration. It's not expensive, but it now seems to be a waste of time. I can't find the Comm2A post on this right now, but it is here somewhere.

Hello everyone, new to site here and wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I currently live in the Merrimack valley. I recently had my interview for my LTC A and am just patiently waiting for it to show up perhaps up to 8 weeks. I frequent other ice fishing forums so that's where the name comes from, makes it easy for logging in purposes. I found this forum when I was researching different types of carry guns and different types of laws. I found that the site was very informative and thought that I'd join and continue to learn new things. I'm narrowing my decision on a firearm once I receive my license with either the shield 9mm or 40. I've shot the 9mm and do like it quite a bit and am pretty accurate with it. I'll have to try the 40 before making a decision. Until then be safe everyone.

Hello everyone, new to site here and wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I currently live in the Merrimack valley. I recently had my interview for my LTC A and am just patiently waiting for it to show up perhaps up to 8 weeks. I frequent other ice fishing forums so that's where the name comes from, makes it easy for logging in purposes. I found this forum when I was researching different types of carry guns and different types of laws. I found that the site was very informative and thought that I'd join and continue to learn new things. I'm narrowing my decision on a firearm once I receive my license with either the shield 9mm or 40. I've shot the 9mm and do like it quite a bit and am pretty accurate with it. I'll have to try the 40 before making a decision. Until then be safe everyone.

Hi, bigpick! Welcome to NES [wave] Cool, I know of several other members that live in the Merrimack Valley area. Glad to hear that you're finding this forum useful. There is quite a bit of information that has gathered here over the years. The Shield is a great choice, I'm a little bias since I have the 9mm but hope you go with it. It's a great gun. I hope you get your LTC sooner rather than later and that it has been a decent process for you.

By the way, I noticed that you went "in" on the Tax Day giveaway... There are a couple of rules that you need to take a look at , else you definitely aren't going to win [wink] The two major things that jump out at me is that you need to become a green (paid) member and you also "must be legally able to own a handgun.. as of NOW". Anyway... cheers! be safe and have fun [mg]

Yeah I know I jumped the "gun" so to speak. Think I'll have time by then if I were to become a member and was hoping to have my LTC before the 6 weeks until April 15th. Suppose I should've stayed out of it. I do like the 9mm and am really leaning towards it but want to see if the 40 will say me at all. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome aboard Gamo! Reps for being green on post #1[thumbsup]. And welcome back to the shooting sports. Lots of us have taken similar breaks to do important work like having a family[grin]. You're in a good location. I hear a lot of good things about MRA. Since you're green, be sure to keep an eye open for NES shoots and meet-up dinners. It's a great crowd of people here.

Thanks,Im a bit of a greebie and I may be asking greenhorn questions, so why not start green.Questions Like why are the green light under my name so short

Hi Folks,

Have been member for a while (green member since July); absorbing vast collective wisdom of this forum, but never posted.
Even managed to make a few purchases from members here... :)

Always been a fan of firearms, was in charge of my unit's armory during my time in the Navy (foreign). So I could "test" them all. :)
Haven't owned any since the military service 30+ years ago; other life priorities...
Got my LTC 1.5 years ago and purchased few handguns and few rifles. Gotta have toys, right?

I'm a member of NRA, GOAL and green-NES. Recently got my C&R; thanks to info on NES.
When I'm not traveling for work, you can find me at Mass Rifle in Woburn, MA several time a week.

NES is my first source for anything firearms-related; I'm very grateful for folks sharing of their wisdom.

Thank you NES!

Hi Folks,

Have been member for a while (green member since July); absorbing vast collective wisdom of this forum, but never posted.
Even managed to make a few purchases from members here... :)

Always been a fan of firearms, was in charge of my unit's armory during my time in the Navy (foreign). So I could "test" them all. :)
Haven't owned any since the military service 30+ years ago; other life priorities...
Got my LTC 1.5 years ago and purchased few handguns and few rifles. Gotta have toys, right?

I'm a member of NRA, GOAL and green-NES. Recently got my C&R; thanks to info on NES.
When I'm not traveling for work, you can find me at Mass Rifle in Woburn, MA several time a week.

NES is my first source for anything firearms-related; I'm very grateful for folks sharing of their wisdom.

Thank you NES!

Hi, gusto! Thanks for posting your introduction. MRA was my old stomping grounds when I was living in MA. Still occasionally pop in to say hi when I'm in town visiting. It's a great club, IMO... even if some people have issues with it. Glad that you have found NES to be a very useful source. See ya around. Cheers! [mg]

-Cindy

Hi, gusto! Thanks for posting your introduction. MRA was my old stomping grounds when I was living in MA. Still occasionally pop in to say hi when I'm in town visiting. It's a great club, IMO... even if some people have issues with it. Glad that you have found NES to be a very useful source. See ya around. Cheers! [mg]

-Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the Welcome!
I checked a few of the local clubs before settling on MRA. No regrets...
Met quite a few nice folks and tried quite a few of their toys; bad habit for my wallet. :)
The 24x7 indoor range is great for my jet lagged days. :)

Take care,
- Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom