• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello all,

My name is Shawn and I'm living in Quincy right now. I discovered NES while searching for Mass. laws.
I've been shooting since I was a kid when my grandfather was the president at Swift River Gun Club. I am also a former Marine 0351 so I have fired a variety of weapons and in general have a great respect for firearms and some knowledge of different guns. I am an NRA member and soon to be a supporter here.

I'm a family man so it has become more and more important, especially in recent years to protect my family and myself. I will be working towards a Class "A" license and the purchase of a pistol and a rifle, probably an AR, M4, AK or similar. I don't know why I didn't start earlier in life other than being consumed with work and life in general. I look forward to learning more and getting to know everyone here.

Hola coma estas?

whats up guys? My names Ron I'm from charlton ma. Haven't bought a gun yet still trying to track down a xdm. Jakes1234 is like my brother and claims you guys are like us so here I am. Main reason I wanted my ltc was 1 cuz guns are awesome and 2 I work nightlife in Worcester and Cary large amounts of cash after the club closes and I'm just not the victim type.

www.redcarpetworcester.com

Hello Ron and welcome!

Don't need to post any reasons why you wanted your LTC its your RIGHT! Glad you came by and introduced yourself. There has been XDM's posted if I remember. Hope your search is successful. Enjoy the site and see you in the discussions.

Hello everyone,

My name is Bob, I live in Dracut, I found NES while researching Ma gun laws. I have picked up a lot of good information from all of the users already. My Wife and I took the class last weekend and requested our appointments from the Dracut P.D.

I am wondering if there is anyone on the boards from Centralville Sportsman club, or could make any recommendations it looks like a nice place and is fairly close to home.

Looking forward to making many new friends.

Hello Bob welcome to the board,

Very happy to see you and the wife are both going for your licenses. You could do a search on the board about Centralville Sportmans but it is not one I am familiar with. I know Shirley, Westford, and Harvard are places I have been happy shooting at. Hopefully you will get your LTC's without issue and be able to get out there and get some shooting in. Enjoy the site!

Hello all,

My name is Shawn and I'm living in Quincy right now. I discovered NES while searching for Mass. laws.
I've been shooting since I was a kid when my grandfather was the president at Swift River Gun Club. I am also a former Marine 0351 so I have fired a variety of weapons and in general have a great respect for firearms and some knowledge of different guns. I am an NRA member and soon to be a supporter here.

I'm a family man so it has become more and more important, especially in recent years to protect my family and myself. I will be working towards a Class "A" license and the purchase of a pistol and a rifle, probably an AR, M4, AK or similar. I don't know why I didn't start earlier in life other than being consumed with work and life in general. I look forward to learning more and getting to know everyone here.

Hello Shawn - welcome!

Thank you for your service we appreciate it! I am happy to have you on board here and getting into the fold. I like all your ideas for your purchases. The more the merrier in my mind haha. Enjoy the site and hope to see you in the discussions.

A reminder for all our newest members here- Please support COMM2A and GOAL our front lines for the good fight.

Hello-just thought I'd introduce myself. I live in MD, grew up in upstate NY and used to visit the Cape for vacation years ago. May be coming to MA for an extended visit and maybe a move. Gun laws scare me though. I friend told me this was a good place to get legal info for the area. What I can bring, what I can own or buy and sell etc. A lot to learn. I tried browsing the the WTB and FS areas and was not allowed to reply to any ads, possibly too new? Anyway, hope to be a regular visitor to the site before my trip to MA and NE. Just a target shooter these days in my old age, no more hunting.

Welcome to NES.

A lot of nice folks here to help you out with any questions you have.

Look around at all the posts to get the feel of the site.

Become Green to open the whole website up to you and to get all of the NES benifits.

[cheers]

Hi from John in Woburn,

I found about this forum from Lance(no trucks allowed) He delivered a generator to my house and we bonded insantly. Great guy.

I have watched this site for about 1 month but have never posted. I have collected pinball machines for several years and have decided to take on a new hobby.

Both me and my wife Ann have applied and are waiting for our LTC's to go through the process.

Thanks,
john

Hi, I'm Harley from Athol. Just got my LTC-A a few months ago, only own a 10/22 for knocking off some predators on my little farm and general plinking. Came here looking to learn from some experienced gun owners. There is more knowledge here than I even expected! Above and beyond that is the camaraderie and willingness to help shown in almost all posts. I consider myself lucky to have stumbled upon this forum.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hey derek! Name here is Paul and I live in Holliston. A gun friendly town, even have a gun shop, Holliston Firearms. Was involved in firearms back in the late 60's and sold them all when the kids came. Big mistake! If I had only known!! A small fortune to replace now! But anyway, now my kids are licenced, and I'm back into it, and having some fun! Something to do for the over 60 crowd when it gets bored!! I've been on the forum for a bit looking around and find it is quite a place for info! I enjoy being here! Especially where I am looking into carrying and researching the like. We also have Mass Firearms in town so I have the best of both worlds. Thanks for your work on this forum and the others who make it possible! Look forward to further research and communication with Northeast Shooters! BTW, my brother-in-law is a Distinguished Rifleman. I see you are! Nice work my friend!!

Hello all,
Moved to a red town (yeah yeah, RED, I've got a restricted to "hunting" LTC-A to prove it) recently and just getting interested in hunting/shooting. I had the pleasure to shoot a friend's shotgun at a trap shooting event and I did pretty good, hooked! Looking for a decent shotgun as I have $400 Cabelas gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm planning on joining a club for events as my family life settles down a little.

Hi from John in Woburn,

I found about this forum from Lance(no trucks allowed) He delivered a generator to my house and we bonded insantly. Great guy.

I have watched this site for about 1 month but have never posted. I have collected pinball machines for several years and have decided to take on a new hobby.

Both me and my wife Ann have applied and are waiting for our LTC's to go through the process.

Thanks,
john

Hello John,

Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to start posting. Even happier you decided to go through the process with both you and your wife. Great to have even more shooters in the community. If you would consider helping with the good fight and donating to GOAL and COMM2A everyone would appreciate the support! Enjoy the site.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I'm Harley from Athol. Just got my LTC-A a few months ago, only own a 10/22 for knocking off some predators on my little farm and general plinking. Came here looking to learn from some experienced gun owners. There is more knowledge here than I even expected! Above and beyond that is the camaraderie and willingness to help shown in almost all posts. I consider myself lucky to have stumbled upon this forum.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
\
Hello Harley,

Everyone should have a 10/22 so that was a great purchase. I have one of the standard wooden stocks and even the fancy take-down version. Hope you can enjoy the site as much as the rest of us and thanks for the support by going green. Enjoy!

Hey derek! Name here is Paul and I live in Holliston. A gun friendly town, even have a gun shop, Holliston Firearms. Was involved in firearms back in the late 60's and sold them all when the kids came. Big mistake! If I had only known!! A small fortune to replace now! But anyway, now my kids are licenced, and I'm back into it, and having some fun! Something to do for the over 60 crowd when it gets bored!! I've been on the forum for a bit looking around and find it is quite a place for info! I enjoy being here! Especially where I am looking into carrying and researching the like. We also have Mass Firearms in town so I have the best of both worlds. Thanks for your work on this forum and the others who make it possible! Look forward to further research and communication with Northeast Shooters! BTW, my brother-in-law is a Distinguished Rifleman. I see you are! Nice work my friend!!

Hello Pauly,

Sounds like you will be a fine addition to the members here. I am happy to hear your enjoying shooting again and with your family to boot. This is an incredible forum hopefully you will come to enjoy it as much as the rest of us. See you in the discussions or out at the range.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello all,
Moved to a red town (yeah yeah, RED, I've got a restricted to "hunting" LTC-A to prove it) recently and just getting interested in hunting/shooting. I had the pleasure to shoot a friend's shotgun at a trap shooting event and I did pretty good, hooked! Looking for a decent shotgun as I have $400 Cabelas gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm planning on joining a club for events as my family life settles down a little.

Hello BulletHead,

You can't go wrong with a Remington 870 - you really can't! That will keep you within your budget. I would be more then happy to let you shoot mine if you wanted a try before you buy. HSC is the place and we can make it happen, pm if interested. OTher than that glad to have you here and hopefully see you in the discussions further. Enjoy!

Again to all the newest members please consider donating to COMM2A and GOAL to help the good fight. Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I'm Karl from North Adams. I believe I ran acroos your website through a link at Four seasons. I've been shooting since childhood and really enjoy all types of firearms. I enjoy reading the forums and they have helped in the decision for my latest acquisition, A Shield in .40. I can't wait to get out and try it. LTC A, S&W 4516, 686+1, Colt target .22, numerous long guns. Again great site. Thanks.

Hi all, I'm Karl from North Adams. I believe I ran acroos your website through a link at Four seasons. I've been shooting since childhood and really enjoy all types of firearms. I enjoy reading the forums and they have helped in the decision for my latest acquisition, A Shield in .40. I can't wait to get out and try it. LTC A, S&W 4516, 686+1, Colt target .22, numerous long guns. Again great site. Thanks.

Hello Karl (heathone)

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found the site and decided to post. Sounds like you got some nice toys to shoot. Get into the discussions and hope to see you go green in the future in support of the forum. Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Just had my interview yesterday 10 years marine corps I hope it really doesn't take 12 weeks like they said

Hello Jeldridge8541,

Thank you for your service. I too hope you license comes in quicker then 12 weeks. Just remember pass the time here and enjoy the site. Don't get too anxious as it won't make the time go by any quicker lol.

Hey Everyone, just joined. I'm from the Foxboro/Mansfield, MA area looking for a good place to shoot. I recently got my LTC-A and currently only shoot at a cabin up in northern Maine (too far). I'm glad to have found this forum, it looks like a wealth of info.

Hey Everyone, just joined. I'm from the Foxboro/Mansfield, MA area looking for a good place to shoot. I recently got my LTC-A and currently only shoot at a cabin up in northern Maine (too far). I'm glad to have found this forum, it looks like a wealth of info.

Hello and welcome Shotshell,

You better stop shooting at that cabin or all the holes will make your stays there cold in the winter... ok that was not funny.
Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Hi everyone,
I am from Randolph,had my interview yesterday with the Cdr who is a real nice guy
I was told I would be receiving a Class A w/restriction Hunting & Target,
I look fwd to buying my first handgun and joining a range.
Great Site Very educational !

Thanks

Hi everyone,
I am from Randolph,had my interview yesterday with the Cdr who is a real nice guy
I was told I would be receiving a Class A w/restriction Hunting & Target,
I look fwd to buying my first handgun and joining a range.
Great Site Very educational !

Thanks

Hello and welcome In2net,

Glad to hear your interview went smooth. He is not a really nice guy if he is restricting your rights by the restrictions. Could be nice to deal with but he is stomping on your rights by doing so. Sorry to go off like that but I just want to set the record straight when it comes down to licensing officers and what is considered acceptable. All just my opinion of course.

Now that I got that off my chest lol. I am sure you will enjoy the forum and the discussions. You have some exciting choices ahead of you with the purchase and membership!

If you want to help with the Good fight please consider donating to GOAL and COMM2A - thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I will try I just think 12 weeks is insane

I agree 100% ... I mean imagine you actually had a reason to fear and needed protection. You would be better off moving in less time.

Always visited the forum here and there and I post over on Thefiringline so I figured hey why not. I currently travel back and forth from the Boston area and Cape Cod and was lucky enough to be issued a Class A Unrestricted. I am a big supporter of concealed carry and do so daily. I try shoot pretty much weekly, mostly rimfire since I got college loans to payback, but I like to get some rounds through my carry gun at least a couple times a month to stay familiar with them. I'm interested in all types of firearms from black powder revolvers to modern poly guns, pretty much anything that goes bang I'm all for. After shooting pretty much anything I can get my hands on and constantly buying and selling I'm starting the process of trading/selling off all my handguns for DA/SA platforms. Sig 232 and 239 are up there for my next to buy, followed by either a 226 or Beretta 92. Pretty much getting rid of my DAO and striker fired guns. Looking forward to being a member of the forum, especially one where other members can relate to the hassle of being a firearms enthusiast in Massachusetts, so many guns out there I want but cant have [frown].

Last edited:
Always visited the forum here and there and I post over on Thefiringline so I figured hey why not. I currently travel back and forth from the Boston area and Cape Cod and was lucky enough to be issued a Class A Unrestricted. I am a big supporter of concealed carry and do so daily. I try shoot pretty much weekly, mostly rimfire since I got college loans to payback, but I like to get some rounds through my carry gun at least a couple times a month to stay familiar with them. I'm interested in all types of firearms from black powder revolvers to modern poly guns, pretty much anything that goes bang I'm all for. After shooting pretty much anything I can get my hands on and constantly buying and selling I'm starting the process of trading/selling off all my handguns for DA/SA platforms. Sig 232 and 239 are up there for my next to buy, followed by either a 226 or Beretta 92. Pretty much getting rid of my DAO and striker fired guns. Looking forward to being a member of the forum, especially one where other members can relate to the hassle of being a firearms enthusiast in Massachusetts, so many guns out there I want but cant have [frown].

Hello and welcome dragline45,

Thanks for coming on in and giving a little bit about yourself. Sounds like you will be a fine addition. Plenty of others to discuss all good things guns. Face to face sales are your friend when looking for the hard to find guns in MA, just be prepared to spend the money when you find them. Enjoy and be safe.

Well I have been on the forum for a couple months and forgot to say hi. I am unfortunately new to Worcester, MA, as I moved down from Maine. I have applied for my LTC-A ALP through Worcester Police Department and well I am not going to say I am waiting for it to come.. but instead I am proactively seeking it.

I have been shooting since I was 10, so just over 16 years now, and love everything that goes boom! Though I kind of fancy Glock, Kimber, Remington, and S&W revolvers.

I joined GOAL and plan on joining Comm2A and the Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

I will be starting IPDA as soon as I get my LTC and possibly 3 gun if I ever get around to buying an AK or building an AR.

So I will look forward to seeing some of you guys on the range!

I'm new here, from Springfield, MA and I just got my Class A with restrictions. Just wanted to say Hello to everyone here.

Hello SpMan,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you were issued A with no restriction. Plenty of western Ma folks on the board. Hope you will find yourself comfortable enough to join in the discussions. Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Well I have been on the forum for a couple months and forgot to say hi. I am unfortunately new to Worcester, MA, as I moved down from Maine. I have applied for my LTC-A ALP through Worcester Police Department and well I am not going to say I am waiting for it to come.. but instead I am proactively seeking it.

I have been shooting since I was 10, so just over 16 years now, and love everything that goes boom! Though I kind of fancy Glock, Kimber, Remington, and S&W revolvers.

I joined GOAL and plan on joining Comm2A and the Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

I will be starting IPDA as soon as I get my LTC and possibly 3 gun if I ever get around to buying an AK or building an AR.

So I will look forward to seeing some of you guys on the range!

Hello Winter,

Thanks in advance for the support of the forum, GOAL, COMM2A, etc! That is great. Sounds like you will fit right in with the crowd here. What made you come down from ME? Enjoy the site!

Thanks in advance for the support of the forum, GOAL, COMM2A, etc! That is great. Sounds like you will fit right in with the crowd here. What made you come down from ME? Enjoy the site!

School and work... you know.. money. Cause good paying jobs is the one thing that Maine does have in short supply.

Back
Top Bottom