New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Thought I should finally say hello.

Read and lurked for a while, joined last year, and then decided I'd gotten so much out of the forums I should go green.

I'm a middle aged guy in Boston, and got my LTC-A with the usual restrictions yesterday (actually had one in the 90's, but made the mistake of letting it expire). I've been mostly interested in punching paper (I've had my FID since I was 16, and shot rifle in college), but am hoping to start hunting, and have a lot to learn having grown up in an "anti" family.

Hello c-king,

Glad you finally came around to say hello to the crowd. Even better that your supporting the forum we appreciate that. A Boston resident with a permit, I like hearing that. Punching paper is always good, get out there and start making some patterns. I like a smiley face myself :) I too came from an anti-gun family and now have successfully converted every last one of them... well except a step-mom. LOL I just got my hunters license last year but have yet to do anything with it. Hopefully you will continue to enjoy the forum and now get more active in the discussions. Enjoy!

Hello all.
Great to be here, been lurking for a while and just reading tons of informative threads. There are so many great topics here. I live on the Cape and Work at Bentley University in campus police. Ive been around firearms all my life and love to shoot, plink and build all types. My latest is the Ruger SR22 which i have not shot yet. I'll let you know my opinions when i can. I also just joined the Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club. Its a great place.

Thanks,
I.V.

Hello everyone,

Ive been searching the forums for a few weeks now and finally decided to join. I am from Groton, MA and just recently graduated from Bentley University in the spring. I come from a pretty anti-gun family, but I was able to get my FID when I was 18, and my unrestricted LTC-A last summer. My most recent purchase was a Ruger SR1911 and I absolutely love it. It was hard to find, but well worth the wait. I am also a member of the Westford Sportsmans Club.

Thanks!

Hello all.
Great to be here, been lurking for a while and just reading tons of informative threads. There are so many great topics here. I live on the Cape and Work at Bentley University in campus police. Ive been around firearms all my life and love to shoot, plink and build all types. My latest is the Ruger SR22 which i have not shot yet. I'll let you know my opinions when i can. I also just joined the Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club. Its a great place.

Thanks,
I.V.

Helloe IrishVolunteer,

Campus police is not like a mall cop is it? Sorry to ask but I guess I just don't know what your jurisdiction is or if you even have any powers like that of a Policeman. You can feel free to explain as others probably have the same question. From all I have heard the SR22 is an excellent little plinker. I have the SR9c and absolutely love it. You will see others from BRPC here as well. Enjoy and be safe.

Hello everyone,

Ive been searching the forums for a few weeks now and finally decided to join. I am from Groton, MA and just recently graduated from Bentley University in the spring. I come from a pretty anti-gun family, but I was able to get my FID when I was 18, and my unrestricted LTC-A last summer. My most recent purchase was a Ruger SR1911 and I absolutely love it. It was hard to find, but well worth the wait. I am also a member of the Westford Sportsmans Club.

Thanks!

Hello and welcome BEaton71,

Wonder if you know the man above you Bentley University campus cop. Well hopefully you don't or that means you been getting in trouble lol. The Ruger SR1911 is also an excellent firearm. And Westford is a nice club. Hope to see you get active on the board and maybe even become a green member for all is benefits.

I suggest all 3 of our newest look into GOAL, COMM2A for donations because we need every penny to keep up the good fight!

I am a new poster on this sight. I shoot a sig p226 40sw and a sig 250 45auto. I have been learning a lot about the gun laws in mass. I am not happy with what I am finding. We need new people in office that are interested in the people right to bare arms and toy protect themselves.

I am a new poster on this sight. I shoot a sig p226 40sw and a sig 250 45auto. I have been learning a lot about the gun laws in mass. I am not happy with what I am finding. We need new people in office that are interested in the people right to bare arms and toy protect themselves.

Hello ArnoldDent,

Welcome and glad to have you. May I suggest donating to GOAL and COMM2A and then getting active in the political game we all play here. Writing, calling, voting and trying to spread the knowledge is what its all about. I like Sigs, though I don't own any. Are you a member of a club at all? Enjoy the site.

nooo. we are not Mall cops. We have full Police powers through the State Police and carry Glock 23, and M&P 15 patrol Rifles. Thanks for the welcome! [grin]

Helloe IrishVolunteer,

Campus police is not like a mall cop is it? Sorry to ask but I guess I just don't know what your jurisdiction is or if you even have any powers like that of a Policeman. You can feel free to explain as others probably have the same question. From all I have heard the SR22 is an excellent little plinker. I have the SR9c and absolutely love it. You will see others from BRPC here as well. Enjoy and be safe.

nooo. we are not Mall cops. We have full Police powers through the State Police and carry Glock 23, and M&P 15 patrol Rifles. Thanks for the welcome! [grin]

My pleasure. I am glad you got my sarcasm when I asked that. I meant no harm and good on you for answering. Still nothing good ever came from a .40 regardless lol

Name is Dan from Needham MA, just got my LTC-A and went green and hoping to get a lot of enjoyment from NES! I'm still a comp sci student in my last semester.

Thanks guys!

Name is Dan from Needham MA, just got my LTC-A and went green and hoping to get a lot of enjoyment from NES! I'm still a comp sci student in my last semester.

Thanks guys!

Hello and welcome Dan (dspigs0705)

Glad to see you in green so quickly thanks for the support of the forum. You will certainly enjoy the board for sure. Wish you the best on finishing your schooling. Hope to see you in the discussions or at a meet/shoot sometime soon.

Hi all, I’ve been lurking for a while and finally joined up and went green. I’ve had my LTC-A (no restrictions) for a few years, but only bought my first firearm earlier this year. Where I grew up we didn’t have all these licensing restrictions and we could shoot in the backyard. How did I ever end up in MA?! I’ve got my membership application into a local sportsman’s club so I can start going to the range here. I’ve also just applied for my C&R FFL after learning about it here. I’ve learned a lot from the members here and I’m happy to support this forum. Hopefully I’ll be able to contribute as much as I've learned.

Hello all. Just joined up and wanted to say Hi. I am in the process of of getting my first hand gun (Glock 23) Just waiting for my blue card to come in the mail. I am a father of 3 and live in Middletown. I have grown up shooting rifles with my uncles and this will be MY first hand gun. I used to shoot my dad's 38 all the time but was always more interested in the rifles. I guess as i got older the hand gun just kind of grew on me. Any way that's just a little about me and I hope to get to know you all.

Hi all, I’ve been lurking for a while and finally joined up and went green. I’ve had my LTC-A (no restrictions) for a few years, but only bought my first firearm earlier this year. Where I grew up we didn’t have all these licensing restrictions and we could shoot in the backyard. How did I ever end up in MA?! I’ve got my membership application into a local sportsman’s club so I can start going to the range here. I’ve also just applied for my C&R FFL after learning about it here. I’ve learned a lot from the members here and I’m happy to support this forum. Hopefully I’ll be able to contribute as much as I've learned.

Hello Cheesehead,

Thanks for your support of the forum. As I could tell from your post you have gotten some good knowledge from the board already. Glad to see you getting your C&R. Continue to enjoy the site and hope to see you at a meet or shoot sometime.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello all. Just joined up and wanted to say Hi. I am in the process of of getting my first hand gun (Glock 23) Just waiting for my blue card to come in the mail. I am a father of 3 and live in Middletown. I have grown up shooting rifles with my uncles and this will be MY first hand gun. I used to shoot my dad's 38 all the time but was always more interested in the rifles. I guess as i got older the hand gun just kind of grew on me. Any way that's just a little about me and I hope to get to know you all.

Hello and welcome GlockNRI,

Glad to have another Glock shooter on the board. Hope you come to enjoy the 23. Enjoy the site and see you in the discussions.

hello, new member from the west coast.

Welcome Tenchi,

There are a few others on the board from the west but we can always use some more. You will get a little glimpse into the aggravation of being a gun owner in the Northeast. Not all of us have it as bad as MA but I do so I won't comment on other states lol.

Hi I just became a Green Member. I don't have my LTC yet but I did go to the interview on Sept. 7th. I was told it would take 6-8 weeks. I'm looking forward to going to the member shoots and firearm factory tours. Once I get my LTC, I'll be sure to post it and let everyone know.

Hi I just became a Green Member. I don't have my LTC yet but I did go to the interview on Sept. 7th. I was told it would take 6-8 weeks. I'm looking forward to going to the member shoots and firearm factory tours. Once I get my LTC, I'll be sure to post it and let everyone know.

Glad to see your being pro-active and going green :) Wish you the best in receiving the license and look forward to seeing you actively post. Enjoy the site and thanks for supporting it.

Another new member, although apparently I signed up for this site a while ago, but just started browsing it recently and decided to join. I've been shooting for a while, although I still am a novice. I used to go to a range often when I lived in PA and VA. Applied for my LTC-A a few weeks ago and will update with info once I hear back. Great to see such an active community here!

Another new member, although apparently I signed up for this site a while ago, but just started browsing it recently and decided to join. I've been shooting for a while, although I still am a novice. I used to go to a range often when I lived in PA and VA. Applied for my LTC-A a few weeks ago and will update with info once I hear back. Great to see such an active community here!

Welcome (back) rddy,

Glad to see you went Green in support - thank you. Sorry to hear you ended up in MA - wish you the best in the LTC process. Do you mainly shoot handgun/rifle? Look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

For each one of you new members please consider helping us all in the good fight by donating to; GOAL and COMM2A - thanks!

Welcome (back) rddy,

Glad to see you went Green in support - thank you. Sorry to hear you ended up in MA - wish you the best in the LTC process. Do you mainly shoot handgun/rifle? Look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

For each one of you new members please consider helping us all in the good fight by donating to; GOAL and COMM2A - thanks!

Glad to support the site. Mostly handgun, although I have done some rifle hunting and plinking and a bit of trap as well. I enjoy all kinds, but I am far from proficient in any. Just a hobbyist. I am looking to join a local club near metro west and am interested in learning more about IDPA and IPSC. I'm thinking about HSC and perhaps something a bit closer to home like Wayland R&G for practice.

Hey Everyone, My name is Brian, I'm from Uxbridge MA. I'm currently a student at U-maine Orono, graduating this year. I just got my LTC this year and Inherited a few guns. I've gotten into trap shooting and hope to get a rifle soon. I actually stumbled on this site looking for some clarification about transporting guns from MA to ME, which I am still a little unclear with so any input would be great!

Hey Everyone, My name is Brian, I'm from Uxbridge MA. I'm currently a student at U-maine Orono, graduating this year. I just got my LTC this year and Inherited a few guns. I've gotten into trap shooting and hope to get a rifle soon. I actually stumbled on this site looking for some clarification about transporting guns from MA to ME, which I am still a little unclear with so any input would be great!

Welcome Martelb3 (brian),

Glad to have you on board. Wish you luck on your graduation. If you have a license in MA reciprocate and get your NH non-resident license. Once you get up to ME its a different story for me I just keep them properly stored as they should be for interstate travel. You should be able to find another reference somewhere on here about MA-ME transport but what I wrote above is how I handle it.

Hi names Bob, friend told me about this sight so i joined.New to hand guns got permit to carry unrestricted,live rt.495,25 area.Looking to join gun club in area maybe Taunton hear its a good club.Enjoy NES sight .

Hi names Bob, friend told me about this sight so i joined.New to hand guns got permit to carry unrestricted,live rt.495,25 area.Looking to join gun club in area maybe Taunton hear its a good club.Enjoy NES sight .

Hello and welcome bostonbob (bob),

Glad to see you joining in and making yourself known. Thank you for supporting the forum and going green. I liked Holbrook a lot when I visited there recently. Wish you the best in finding a club to call your own.

Hola coma estas?

whats up guys? My names Ron I'm from charlton ma. Haven't bought a gun yet still trying to track down a xdm. Jakes1234 is like my brother and claims you guys are like us so here I am. Main reason I wanted my ltc was 1 cuz guns are awesome and 2 I work nightlife in Worcester and Cary large amounts of cash after the club closes and I'm just not the victim type.

www.redcarpetworcester.com

Hello everyone,

My name is Bob, I live in Dracut, I found NES while researching Ma gun laws. I have picked up a lot of good information from all of the users already. My Wife and I took the class last weekend and requested our appointments from the Dracut P.D.

I am wondering if there is anyone on the boards from Centralville Sportsman club, or could make any recommendations it looks like a nice place and is fairly close to home.

Looking forward to making many new friends.

Back
Top Bottom