New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello and welcome marleythefish,

Glad you have been enjoying the site. Sounds like you have a good grasp of many things guns.. we are glad to have you here. You will find others with some of your same hobbies and enjoyments for sure. Catch you in the discussions.

Hello Rick (slickrick),

Glad you decided to introduce yourself. Thanks for your service and thank you for going green as a paid member. I hope your application appointment goes well and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.
Thanks Dirtypacman, appointment went well, now it is time to play the waiting game................again!

Thanks Dirtypacman, appointment went well, now it is time to play the waiting game................again!

Just forget about it for a couple weeks and know in the back of your mind its on its way. You will have it in your hands before you know it. Enjoy!

Hi everyone,
I'm Dan from the North Shore. Been lurking for a few months while I waited for my LTC-A-Unrestricted to arrive. I'm pretty new to shooting but decided to take the Basic Firearm Safety course back in April and had a blast. I've been to a bunch of rental ranges since taking the course and have tried out all sorts of handguns. LTC finally showed up this weekend and I picked up a Ruger SR-22. Figured it's best to refine my skills with cheap rounds then pick up something more fun once I've got the skills to use it. I've gotten a bunch of great info from these forums so far and I'm looking forward to learning a whole lot more.

Hi all,

I'm Chris from from Dracut, Ma. My family has never been a "gun family" but I've always found some interest in them. After years of harassment from my NH friends I have finally decided to take the basic firearms safety class and start of process of getting my LTC-A. I've found this forum to be a great resource for application information and recommendations as I look to purchase my first handgun. So, Hi! and Thanks!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself, my name is Kevin and I live in Northbridge. I grew up shooting bb guns and .22's and I finally found time to get my LTC-A a few months ago. I'm new to all this so I have been online trying to educate myself on the Mass. laws, local ranges, stores and recomendations for my first purchase and I came across this website and it had answers to all my questions so I signed up.

Hi all,

I'm Chris from from Dracut, Ma. My family has never been a "gun family" but I've always found some interest in them. After years of harassment from my NH friends I have finally decided to take the basic firearms safety class and start of process of getting my LTC-A. I've found this forum to be a great resource for application information and recommendations as I look to purchase my first handgun. So, Hi! and Thanks!

Hello and welcome Chris,

Glad you decided to get up and get active in your pursuit of a LTC. Hope you can continue to enjoy the forum and become active in it. I also suggest donating to our pro-2nd organizations like GOAL and COMM2A. Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself, my name is Kevin and I live in Northbridge. I grew up shooting bb guns and .22's and I finally found time to get my LTC-A a few months ago. I'm new to all this so I have been online trying to educate myself on the Mass. laws, local ranges, stores and recomendations for my first purchase and I came across this website and it had answers to all my questions so I signed up.

Hello Neriski3,

Glad your already finding the forum useful in your search. Good luck on trying to make sense of all the laws but that being said enjoy your right and be safe.

Hello All,

As my first post I just wanted to drop in and say hello and introduce myself to the community. My name is Julien and I signed up recently right after my Mass Firearms training class and am anxiously waiting for my LTC-A here in Randolph. I am very new to the gun world and have filled the time waiting for my license by doing a ton of reading here at NES. I have learned so much already from everyone here and it only makes me more excited to finally get my license. I know that I have a long but fun road ahead learning and becoming more proficient with weapons and am looking forward to becoming a part of this great community.

Thanks,
Julien

New to NES and to New England

So I take orders to the Great State of Connecticut and now realize there are some interesting "challenges" to New England! I was hoping they were more invitations than actual "orders" but sadly, that wasn't the case. I am AD Navy and while I think the area here is beautiful, it is a definite change of pace. In truth, I was stationed here years ago but never really looked at the carry and ownership restrictions; oddly the base was a little funny about personal firearms in the barracks...

Now that I am back, I just shake my head at the myriad of restrictions and prohibitions in this part of the country. I have carried (open and concealed) for the vast majority of my adult life and love to shoot, but I can honestly say it seems as if those that choose to exercise the right to defend themselves or enjoy shooting are ostracized in this area. That may sound dramatic to some, but I don't know how else to communicate it.

I am so thankful to discover NES and a cyber-community of folks that are enthusiastic about shooting and (from what I can tell) safe, responsible gun ownership. I am starting the process of obtaining my permit here in CT and am already frustrated- I can't find my certs and it doesn't appear that my military training counts for anything. Safe, qualified and proficient on M14 (ok, it has been 20+ years so not so proficient anymore), M16/M4, M240, M249, M2 .50 Cal, .45 and 9mm doesn't seem to have any bearing here. I know, I'm whining a bit and will knock it off...

Anyway, glad to have found the folks here and looking forward to learning a lot and hopefully finding some great places to shoot!

Respectfully,

Allen

Well nice to have you and your service here, and it must be a kick in the crotch to you for serving this country, only to be treated like that cause you exercise your second amendment rights.

Charles.

Hello All,

As my first post I just wanted to drop in and say hello and introduce myself to the community. My name is Julien and I signed up recently right after my Mass Firearms training class and am anxiously waiting for my LTC-A here in Randolph. I am very new to the gun world and have filled the time waiting for my license by doing a ton of reading here at NES. I have learned so much already from everyone here and it only makes me more excited to finally get my license. I know that I have a long but fun road ahead learning and becoming more proficient with weapons and am looking forward to becoming a part of this great community.

Thanks,
Julien

Hello and welcome Julien,

We are glad to have another and as you already stated this site is a wealth of information. Hope you can continue to enjoy it and wish you the best on getting your rights licensed. Have fun and be safe.

- - - Updated - - -

How we doin? I'm Jim, 22 from Boston. Referred to the site by CBudz and loving it so far. Just itchin to build a 1911...

Hello Jim,

Happy to hear you got a referral over to the site and stuck around. There are a few threads on just the subject your speaking of and a bunch of questions on the subject have been answered. I once thought about doing the same but just continue to buy completed ones instead :) Enjoy!

So I take orders to the Great State of Connecticut and now realize there are some interesting "challenges" to New England! I was hoping they were more invitations than actual "orders" but sadly, that wasn't the case. I am AD Navy and while I think the area here is beautiful, it is a definite change of pace. In truth, I was stationed here years ago but never really looked at the carry and ownership restrictions; oddly the base was a little funny about personal firearms in the barracks...

Now that I am back, I just shake my head at the myriad of restrictions and prohibitions in this part of the country. I have carried (open and concealed) for the vast majority of my adult life and love to shoot, but I can honestly say it seems as if those that choose to exercise the right to defend themselves or enjoy shooting are ostracized in this area. That may sound dramatic to some, but I don't know how else to communicate it.

I am so thankful to discover NES and a cyber-community of folks that are enthusiastic about shooting and (from what I can tell) safe, responsible gun ownership. I am starting the process of obtaining my permit here in CT and am already frustrated- I can't find my certs and it doesn't appear that my military training counts for anything. Safe, qualified and proficient on M14 (ok, it has been 20+ years so not so proficient anymore), M16/M4, M240, M249, M2 .50 Cal, .45 and 9mm doesn't seem to have any bearing here. I know, I'm whining a bit and will knock it off...

Anyway, glad to have found the folks here and looking forward to learning a lot and hopefully finding some great places to shoot!

Respectfully,

Allen

Hello and welcome Allen,

Thanks for your service. We can all agree the laws and regulations in this area are pretty bad. I don't blame you for the impression you got we all feel that way. It is nice to have a community of shooters here on the board and I am glad you found us. Enjoy the site and hope to see you in the discussions.

Hi I just joined the forums not too long ago. I'm a fairly new shooter. I belong to MVGC and MFS. I own a couple pistols and looking to grow the collection.

Hi I just joined the forums not too long ago. I'm a fairly new shooter. I belong to MVGC and MFS. I own a couple pistols and looking to grow the collection.

Welcome to the forum Biz,

Thanks for going green and supporting the site. Plenty of fairly new to fairly old shooters here so make yourself comfortable. Look forward to seeing you in the discussions. Also some great deals to be had if you keep you eyes open and are quick to the decision. Good luck on growing that collection.

Greeting all!

Been lurking here for about a month or so as I get back into shooting. I've owned a few guns for a number of years but they've been sitting in my gun cabinet for quite some time as I've been busy with other things. Never had any official training with firearms but will be taking an NRA Basic Pistol class this coming weekend (along with my wife who has never touched a gun!) and plan to look into additional training and possibly even a membership at a club. All my shooting experience to this point has just been in various sand pits or a friends back yard. I had gotten my Pistol Permit years ago and hadn't renewed until recently and plan to start carrying once I become more proficient and confident. Lots of great info on this site and I will be going "green" soon. Very happy to live in a free state unlike Mass where it seems most members on here are located, sorry guys/gals!

Cya around!
Jeff

Greeting all!

Been lurking here for about a month or so as I get back into shooting. I've owned a few guns for a number of years but they've been sitting in my gun cabinet for quite some time as I've been busy with other things. Never had any official training with firearms but will be taking an NRA Basic Pistol class this coming weekend (along with my wife who has never touched a gun!) and plan to look into additional training and possibly even a membership at a club. All my shooting experience to this point has just been in various sand pits or a friends back yard. I had gotten my Pistol Permit years ago and hadn't renewed until recently and plan to start carrying once I become more proficient and confident. Lots of great info on this site and I will be going "green" soon. Very happy to live in a free state unlike Mass where it seems most members on here are located, sorry guys/gals!

Cya around!
Jeff

Hello Jeff,

You don't have to rub it in you know lol. I am glad to see your getting back into the shooting community and including your wife this time around good on you! Enjoy the forum and your interest back into the sport.

Hello. I recently joined and thought I'd introduce myself. I found the northeast shooters site while searching for LTC information for Waltham, MA where I am a homeowner. My uncle, a police officer, introduced me to shooting at a young age. Several months ago I went shooting at a range with some friends and one decided to apply for his LTC. He has since joined a rod and gun club where we have gone for target practice. I am taking my basic firearms safety class this weekend and plan to apply for my LTC in Waltham once I collect another letter of recommendation. However, based on several threads posted here, I'm sure it will be restricted to target and hunting. I'll post a separate thread asking opinions on my request letter. I primarily want my license for target shooting and home defense, but since I have a right to bear arms, I'd like to apply for an unrestricted license. We'll see what happens.

I have found a wealth of information on here so far and look forward to gaining more knowledge from experienced shooters.

Hey, everybody. I'm Ryan, from Pittsfield, MA. I've been lurking around the site for a few months now and I just decided to register recently and start participating rather than just leeching. A couple days after I registered I saw a karma thread where rsal452 was going to pay for 2 registered users to go green, so I got in on it and won! So clearly I'm pretty happy about that and it's great that the community around here is so awesome. (Thanks again, rsal452!)
Anyway, all I own right now is an old Winchester single-shot bolt action .22 that my grandfather gave me. It's in pretty good shape, it shoots well, and it's a ton of fun for plinking. I'm currently looking to get into skeet shooting more regularly and I'm searching for a good deal on a Browning Citori at the moment. In the future I plan on building a couple AR-15s along with my brother, buying a handgun (possibly a 1911?) and getting into IDPA competitions, and getting a nice bolt action for some long range target shooting.
This has been a great resource to learn from so far and I can't wait to see what else this community has in store for me!

Hello. I recently joined and thought I'd introduce myself. I found the northeast shooters site while searching for LTC information for Waltham, MA where I am a homeowner. My uncle, a police officer, introduced me to shooting at a young age. Several months ago I went shooting at a range with some friends and one decided to apply for his LTC. He has since joined a rod and gun club where we have gone for target practice. I am taking my basic firearms safety class this weekend and plan to apply for my LTC in Waltham once I collect another letter of recommendation. However, based on several threads posted here, I'm sure it will be restricted to target and hunting. I'll post a separate thread asking opinions on my request letter. I primarily want my license for target shooting and home defense, but since I have a right to bear arms, I'd like to apply for an unrestricted license. We'll see what happens.

I have found a wealth of information on here so far and look forward to gaining more knowledge from experienced shooters.

Hello and welcome turdfurguson,

It is sad to see a citizen get his rights denied by the licensing authority and everytime they put a T&H restriction on your license that is exactly what they are doing. I know Waltham is a red town and you can expect exactly what you detailed. If you have the extra money I say get a lawyer and fight the power. Otherwise enjoy the site and take what you can get. Hope to see you in the discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, everybody. I'm Ryan, from Pittsfield, MA. I've been lurking around the site for a few months now and I just decided to register recently and start participating rather than just leeching. A couple days after I registered I saw a karma thread where rsal452 was going to pay for 2 registered users to go green, so I got in on it and won! So clearly I'm pretty happy about that and it's great that the community around here is so awesome. (Thanks again, rsal452!)
Anyway, all I own right now is an old Winchester single-shot bolt action .22 that my grandfather gave me. It's in pretty good shape, it shoots well, and it's a ton of fun for plinking. I'm currently looking to get into skeet shooting more regularly and I'm searching for a good deal on a Browning Citori at the moment. In the future I plan on building a couple AR-15s along with my brother, buying a handgun (possibly a 1911?) and getting into IDPA competitions, and getting a nice bolt action for some long range target shooting.
This has been a great resource to learn from so far and I can't wait to see what else this community has in store for me!

Welcome Ryan,

That is awesome that you won the Karma, you should be glad I did not enter as I consider myself the Karma King of the board. Sounds like you will fit in perfectly here. Enjoy and get active in the discussions. And enjoy the membership :)

Gentlemen , and Ladies toooo - discovered this excellent site while looking for a shooting range in the west of Sanford , Maine area . From Randolph , Mass. , am building my retirement home here in Maine and would like to join an outdoorsman's club for shooting , hunting , fishing and all things outdoors . Have over 50 years experience with firearms ( most of them are that old ), and very fond of deer hunting , bass fishing . Completing my new home this fall , and will
finally have time to enjoy these outdoors . Have an LTC from Mass. , shot competition in the military ( .45 , .38 , .22 ) - need a range to sharpen up my rusty eyes and crusty shootin irons . any help would be appreciated , thanks.

Hi everyone -- noob here trying to digest all the good info from the site. Just submitted LTC app and looking to join a club in the future after I drain my wallet with pistol purchase and accessories.

Hello,
new to the forum.... I grew up hunting with my dad, shot many long guns, everything from a 22 to 4-10 to 12 gauge. I recently applied for a class A permit and plan to cc. I am from Westfield, Ma. I plan on purchasing a Ruger SR9c for my ccw and maybe a S & W Shield in the future. Jerry

Hello guys! Newbie here looking forward to learn and discuss topics. Heard about Northeastshooters.com through a friend. So far great forums and a lot of knowledge in these discussions. Good work guys!

Gentlemen , and Ladies toooo - discovered this excellent site while looking for a shooting range in the west of Sanford , Maine area . From Randolph , Mass. , am building my retirement home here in Maine and would like to join an outdoorsman's club for shooting , hunting , fishing and all things outdoors . Have over 50 years experience with firearms ( most of them are that old ), and very fond of deer hunting , bass fishing . Completing my new home this fall , and will
finally have time to enjoy these outdoors . Have an LTC from Mass. , shot competition in the military ( .45 , .38 , .22 ) - need a range to sharpen up my rusty eyes and crusty shootin irons . any help would be appreciated , thanks.

Hello artcip,

Glad you found us, sounds like you will fit right in. I wish you the best in your retirement and the build of the home. There are plenty of members from ME so hopefully you will get some feedback and new friends to shoot with. Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everyone -- noob here trying to digest all the good info from the site. Just submitted LTC app and looking to join a club in the future after I drain my wallet with pistol purchase and accessories.

Welcome Quiggy,

You will be draining plenty of money on your purchases. Do yourself a favor and go green as a paid member here and you will get better deals than you would expect on purchases everybody wants but nobody really needs lol. No really the benefits of a paid member will be very useful as you grow your collection and the hobby. Enjoy!

Hello,
new to the forum.... I grew up hunting with my dad, shot many long guns, everything from a 22 to 4-10 to 12 gauge. I recently applied for a class A permit and plan to cc. I am from Westfield, Ma. I plan on purchasing a Ruger SR9c for my ccw and maybe a S & W Shield in the future. Jerry

Hey Jerry,

Welcome to the forum. The SR9c is a great gun, i enjoy mine. I have not had the pleasure of shooting the shield but I am sure it will happen in the near future. Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in the discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello guys! Newbie here looking forward to learn and discuss topics. Heard about Northeastshooters.com through a friend. So far great forums and a lot of knowledge in these discussions. Good work guys!

Good day Malkin,

You have a smart friend referring you to the forum here. Great place with good people and lots of knowledge. I hope you can come to enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

For each new member please consider donating to GOAL and COMM2A - they are fighting the good fight on our behalf and any donation is appreciated by all the shooters here. Thanks in advance.

Welcome Quiggy,

You will be draining plenty of money on your purchases. Do yourself a favor and go green as a paid member here and you will get better deals than you would expect on purchases everybody wants but nobody really needs lol. No really the benefits of a paid member will be very useful as you grow your collection and the hobby. Enjoy!

Done -- let the bargains begin [grin]

Found out about this place a few weeks ago, lurked, and decided to make an account. I just got my LTC-A in south central MA and was looking for advice about the sport and how I'd go about joining a club. There's a few around me, but finding a member is the tough part. I'm looking forward to building a collection and spreading interest among my friends. Anyway, hopefully I've found a great site.

Found out about this place a few weeks ago, lurked, and decided to make an account. I just got my LTC-A in south central MA and was looking for advice about the sport and how I'd go about joining a club. There's a few around me, but finding a member is the tough part. I'm looking forward to building a collection and spreading interest among my friends. Anyway, hopefully I've found a great site.

Hello SalamiSam,

Yes you have found a great site. In fact the best dam shooters site for the northeast and beyond. What clubs are you thinking of joining - there is a reviews or members of most of them all here. Glad you got licensed and hope you can enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us.

Back
Top Bottom