New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello from Raynham, MA. My name is Vinny and I am in the process of getting my Class A LTC. Have an appointment for September 24th to meet with our local PD. Hopefully everything will go well.

I have already read a lot of information on this site and look forward to learning much more. Thanks for making this possible.

Hi Keith from Raynham Mass. friend told me about the site. Been shooting since I was 10 now 47 and looking to get into deer hunting. Been bird hunting and small game most of my life. Been in Law Enforcement for 16 years and love shooting all types of guns.

Keith

Hi Keith from Raynham Mass. friend told me about the site. Been shooting since I was 10 now 47 and looking to get into deer hunting. Been bird hunting and small game most of my life. Been in Law Enforcement for 16 years and love shooting all types of guns.

Keith

Hello Keith (Bumpfire1478)

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you got plenty of years of shooting under your belt. We are glad to have you here. There are plenty of other hunters on the site that you can mingle with. Enjoy the site!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Guys,
My name is Paul .
I have been shooting for over 30 yr`s
Found your site looking for Mass Laws.
I am loving all that I have read so far.
Paul

Hello Paul,

Glad your already enjoying the forum. Plenty of years of shooting it sounds like, see if you can get in the discussions.

Hello from Raynham, MA. My name is Vinny and I am in the process of getting my Class A LTC. Have an appointment for September 24th to meet with our local PD. Hopefully everything will go well.

I have already read a lot of information on this site and look forward to learning much more. Thanks for making this possible.

Hello Vinny (thesyguy),

Good luck on your appointment, too bad its so far out. I am sure it will go well. Glad your already enjoying the site, hope to see you in the discussions.

Am I the only one who is offended by him having to make an appointment for over a month away just to apply for an LTC?

The process in this state is seriously broken.

Am I the only one who is offended by him having to make an appointment for over a month away just to apply for an LTC?

Yeah I actually referenced that also. And just think we pay all of these peoples paychecks.

I would say that too, but I was actually pleasantly surprised that in my town of Lincoln, ma... It's because so many are going through the process. The night I applied for mine there were 20 folks going through the registration or renewal process.

whats up shooters? Names Tony just registered a few days ago. Purchased a glock 20 from one of the members about a month ago and figured I'd join and post up a couple rifles I have for sale or trade. Been shooting and working on guns for a while. Have a decent collection of guns I'm always working to increase.

The weapons officer called me within 30 minutes of dropping off my application and went over it with me. He was very nice and apologized that he could not see me until then but they only do interviews on Mondays and he had appointments booked until then. I am in no huge rush and can wait as he was very polite and had a great attitude.

The weapons officer called me within 30 minutes of dropping off my application and went over it with me. He was very nice and apologized that he could not see me until then but they only do interviews on Mondays and he had appointments booked until then. I am in no huge rush and can wait as he was very polite and had a great attitude.

Oh, OK. Long as he was polite while explaining to you that you couldn't even APPLY to exercise your rights for over a month.

Vinny Raynham is a small town sometime one officer does many administration duties hence the wait. So don't worry if ya got a clean record the chief is usually willing to give ya the license.

Just realised I have to be a supporting member to list firearms for sale...I'll just stick with Firearms Talk Forum...thanks

LOL supporting member because there are more benefits to this site then a couple sales could ever provide you but I understand if not. Stick around a while and you might actually realize them. Glad you could already find a good deal here, the members are nice, the deals are good, and the karma is crazy cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, My name is Chris, heard about NES through a friend.

Welcome Chris,

Great that you came on over and made yourself at home. I appreciate you supporting the forum by going green. You will be sure to enjoy the site. Hope to see you in the discussions and out on the range some time.

Hi All, My name is Tom from Western MA and just found the site. Looks to be a great resource of help and information.

Hey Tom,

Happy to see you came across the site. It really is an incredible forum for all things firearms and related. Hope you can enjoy as much as the rest of us. See you on the board.

Hi all, Wayne from Lunenburg here. New LTC-A holder... restrictions none! Took 67 days from day of appointment, to card in hand. And it took about a month for me to get my appointment as well... 3 weeks trying to get a hold of the LO, and then scheduled the appointment for the next week. The LO did say that they've had a big increase in the number of applicants. When I called to ask about the status, I was told the delays were due to the increase. Anyway... I waited 20 years to apply for it... a couple of months to go thru the process was not a huge deal. I won't go into how I feel about needing a Lic to own a gun in this state... [rolleyes]

Glad to finally say hi... been lurking for a bit. NES was very helpful in understanding, getting through, and with what to expect in the LTC application process. Thanks!! [thumbsup]

Now it's time to join a range or two!!

Last edited:
Hello Wayne (Lil Foo),

I am happy to hear you still have some energy left after jumping through all the hoops to get your license. At least its said and done now but remember by supporting your local 2A organizations like GOAL and COMM2A you may be able to help the next guy not to go through the same thing. I am glad your enjoying the site, think about going green and see all the benefits it has to offer. See you in the discussions and out on the range.

Hey - I guess im pretty new to the party. - From worcester with an unrestricted Class A, big into the AR platform.... currently building a .458 Socom if anyone wants to talk on that subject some time. Love the M&P line as well.

Howdy folks. I'm from Walpole, MA and in the process of getting my LTC A. Should be just a couple more weeks. I've done just a little shooting in my life -22 rifle and a little skeet at scout camp growing up, and the handgun hands-on from my recent safety class. Hoping first to get into skeet/trap shooting, but eventually want to work my way around to building up better handgun and rifle skills as well.

Have to say thanks to all of you for the large amount of info on how to succeed in getting your LTC A for ALP. That's what first drew me to the site, and was very helpful.

Hey - I guess im pretty new to the party. - From worcester with an unrestricted Class A, big into the AR platform.... currently building a .458 Socom if anyone wants to talk on that subject some time. Love the M&P line as well.

Welcome to the site nightstalker,

The .458 that will be an expensive rifle to keep fed. I also the M&P's thought I have yet to purchase one yet. Hope you enjoy the forum and see you in the threads.

Howdy folks. I'm from Walpole, MA and in the process of getting my LTC A. Should be just a couple more weeks. I've done just a little shooting in my life -22 rifle and a little skeet at scout camp growing up, and the handgun hands-on from my recent safety class. Hoping first to get into skeet/trap shooting, but eventually want to work my way around to building up better handgun and rifle skills as well.

Have to say thanks to all of you for the large amount of info on how to succeed in getting your LTC A for ALP. That's what first drew me to the site, and was very helpful.

Hello neum69,

Nice to have you here also, glad you already found the forum useful in your LTC questions. Hope you can get it in your hands soon. Thank you for becoming a green member in support. Skeet is a lot of fun I am sure you will enjoy. Look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Hi all,
Steve here form central Ma getting back into the shooting hobby after 25 or so years off - ya know, school, career, family, etc..
Mainly shot rifles back on the farm hunting woodchucks and other vermin, but now looking to dust off the old 10/22 and .243 and acquire a handgun for range plinking. After reading the forum here and talking with a bunch of shooting friends, I think I'm going toward a M&P9. Seems to be a good all around pistol.
Looking forward to learning from all the great experienced shooters here...

Hi all,
Steve here form central Ma getting back into the shooting hobby after 25 or so years off - ya know, school, career, family, etc..
Mainly shot rifles back on the farm hunting woodchucks and other vermin, but now looking to dust off the old 10/22 and .243 and acquire a handgun for range plinking. After reading the forum here and talking with a bunch of shooting friends, I think I'm going toward a M&P9. Seems to be a good all around pistol.
Looking forward to learning from all the great experienced shooters here...

Hello and welcome Steve (SSS),

Glad your getting back into the shooting sport. 10/22 one of my favorites (got 2 - the newest being the take-down version). You will not go wrong with the M&P line although you may want a trigger job or drop in trigger for it. Enjoy and see you in the discussions.

Hey all,

I'm Tom. Live in Haverhill, MA. Been lurking for a little while and finally joined recently. Never really shot till last week at a range with a friend and I'm hooked. Pretty much interested in a .22 for range shooting for now. Been talking about getting my LTC for a couple years and finally getting the ball rolling. Haverhill seems to be pretty quick to get a license.

Hope to get alot of tips and knowledge from the boards. Seems like a great place to be.

Hello everyone,

I'm Rick, after a month of phone calls I finally have my LTC application appointment this week. I spent ten years in the military but that was a long time ago. I haven't fired a weapon since those days. Looking forward to getting back into it. Went green tonight to show appreciation for all the information I have obtained here while lurking in the shadows. Hoping all goes well with the application and coming back here to gain more knowledge.

Thanks to all those that contribute to the site.

Hey all,

I'm Tom. Live in Haverhill, MA. Been lurking for a little while and finally joined recently. Never really shot till last week at a range with a friend and I'm hooked. Pretty much interested in a .22 for range shooting for now. Been talking about getting my LTC for a couple years and finally getting the ball rolling. Haverhill seems to be pretty quick to get a license.

Hope to get alot of tips and knowledge from the boards. Seems like a great place to be.

Hello and welcome surgetek,

Your right in my neck of the woods. Havehill is still green from everything I have heard so getting your license should be relatively simple. Let us know if you run into something different. Can't go wrong with a 22, keep it cheap and enjoy lots of time at the range. Enjoy the site.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello everyone,

I'm Rick, after a month of phone calls I finally have my LTC application appointment this week. I spent ten years in the military but that was a long time ago. I haven't fired a weapon since those days. Looking forward to getting back into it. Went green tonight to show appreciation for all the information I have obtained here while lurking in the shadows. Hoping all goes well with the application and coming back here to gain more knowledge.

Thanks to all those that contribute to the site.

Hello Rick (slickrick),

Glad you decided to introduce yourself. Thanks for your service and thank you for going green as a paid member. I hope your application appointment goes well and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Hello all, i've been reading the forums for a long time, very informative and entertaining. i live in magnolia mass, sometimes i shoot on sundays at the cape ann sportsmans club. I've shot handguns my whole life and consider myself proficient although i could always use more range time (couldn't we all). my favorite handgun is my super redhawk .44 magnum with a 2.5x scope, I reload and shoot anything from 180 to 330 grain. Hope someday to make it down south and hunt hogs with it :) i also have a .45 , and a 9mm that i carry. One of my hobby's is disaster prep,some people golf, while i dont go nuts about it i do maintain a bug out bag with food, camping and survival items. Imho most people are horribly unprepared for even an extended power outage.I was a mechanic in the vermont air guard for 6 years, now i work as an electromechanical assembler/mechanic.
thanks for the great site!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom