New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

I'd like to join either Singletary in Oxford or 200 Sportsmans in Webster, because both are close by and I've heard good things about them. I've started to get some interest with one of my buddies, but he's in the same bind as me about finding sponsors. It seems a lot of kids our age aren't that into it around here (or I just don't know it!).

I'd like to join either Singletary in Oxford or 200 Sportsmans in Webster, because both are close by and I've heard good things about them. I've started to get some interest with one of my buddies, but he's in the same bind as me about finding sponsors. It seems a lot of kids our age aren't that into it around here (or I just don't know it!).

Hopefully you will get some bites on the thread. I am sure you will find both will be opened up to you as a member once the word gets out that your ready to become one.

First post here. I am a recent lurker - just decided to make an account. I am currently living in Lincoln, MA but am buying a house in Townsend, MA - will be moving there in a few weeks. I am going to be joining the Westford Sportsman's Club.

I don't currently own any firearms - but I have the firearms safety course scheduled and will be applying for my LTC-A as soon as I finish. I am thinking of getting a Sig P226 (.40) as my first gun - I've shot one before and I really like it - I also know that Sig is a fairly respected brand.

First post here. I am a recent lurker - just decided to make an account. I am currently living in Lincoln, MA but am buying a house in Townsend, MA - will be moving there in a few weeks. I am going to be joining the Westford Sportsman's Club.

I don't currently own any firearms - but I have the firearms safety course scheduled and will be applying for my LTC-A as soon as I finish. I am thinking of getting a Sig P226 (.40) as my first gun - I've shot one before and I really like it - I also know that Sig is a fairly respected brand.

Hello and welcome sk_leb,

Wish you the best on your move. Get that class done in and the paperwork in! Sigs are great guns. I am not a big fan of the .40 but to each their own. What I suggest is you do some shooting with all different calibers and guns and make a choice based upon that. Nothing wrong with a .40 but its not the best round in my opinion to get into shooting with. A bit expensive thats all. Enjoy and be safe of course.

Welcome all recent new members!

I actually haven't opened this thread in quite a while. I noticed DPM has been keeping up with welcoming new guys and was about to suggest that he become our official newb greeter. Then I saw his new title. [laugh] Good job brother.

Welcome all recent new members!

I actually haven't opened this thread in quite a while. I noticed DPM has been keeping up with welcoming new guys and was about to suggest that he become our official newb greeter. Then I saw his new title. [laugh] Good job brother.

Haha thanks! Working in front of a couple computers 5 days a week with NES as your homepage allows for that. I am excited to be able to welcome new members to such an awesome forum.

I joined last year I believe, as I was going to get my LTC which I did get in January of this year unrestricted . I live in raynham ,work for the railroad I own a couple of guns two ak47-s glock 23, Walter pps, s&w bodyguard , s&w model 59 , mosin nagant, Rossi 38 sp but I love this place I learned a lot from here I went green about a week ago did my first Idpa match at new Bedford rod and pistol and I'm member at Ames [sad2]. Any one willing to teach I'm ready to learn

Last edited:
I joined last year I believe, as I was going to get my LTC which I did get in January of this year unrestricted . I live in raynham ,work for the railroad I own a couple of guns two ak47-s glock 23, Walter pps, s&w bodyguard , s&w model 59 , mosin nagant, Rossi 38 sp but I love this place I learned a lot from here I went green about a week ago did my first Idpa match at new Bedford rod and pistol and I'm member at Ames [sad2]. Any one willing to teach I'm ready to learn

Hello and welcome hardmont1,

Glad you came back to do so more posting. I appreciate your support by going green as a paid member also. If you would be so kind as to donate to GOAL and COMM2A as well. You can get plenty of tips here on the board about action shooting. There is also practices at Harvard Sportmans Club if you check their calender. Enjoy and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Hey y'alsl. I live in MO. Mostly my experience is limited to the army. I do have a couple shotguns though. I am nota gun zealot but I enjoy shooting.

Hey y'alsl. I live in MO. Mostly my experience is limited to the army. I do have a couple shotguns though. I am nota gun zealot but I enjoy shooting.

Hello and welcome sdflynn1965,

Although I appreciate your honesty we actually enjoy the gun zealots here ...lol
Thanks for your service. Hope you can enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us. See you in the discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

33 male Haverhill USMC Veteran

Cheers to the forum.

Cheers back at you MrLowKey,

Another one from my neck of the woods. Ill watch your back if you watch mine :) Welcome and thanks for your service.
Enjoy the forum and hope to see you making use of it.

How's it going fellas, just signed up for the membership. I got my LTC Class A no restrictions about 3 months ago out of Quincy. I found Northeastshooters thru another forum member. I'm already learning a lot, still hesitant on my first purchase. Skimming the forums until I find the right one. I plan on joining the range in Braintree, MA.

How's it going fellas, just signed up for the membership. I got my LTC Class A no restrictions about 3 months ago out of Quincy. I found Northeastshooters thru another forum member. I'm already learning a lot, still hesitant on my first purchase. Skimming the forums until I find the right one. I plan on joining the range in Braintree, MA.

Hello and welcome 617,

I am glad you joined in and supported the forum with membership. Happy to hear about your license with no restriction. Go ahead and take the plunge with your purchase I promise you it won't be your last lol. Enjoy and be safe.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi from western MA!

Hello devnull,

Thanks for your support of the forum and welcome as well.

If you would both consider donating to the good fight through GOAL and COMM2A - I thank you in advance.

Thought I'd check in and intro. New member from Central Mass (Westminster). My LTC A with no restrictions is at the station, just waiting the PIN number, they say it will be here this week. Deciding on first gun, leaning to the M&P9 to go with my girlfriends glock 19. May make a trip to bobsoutfitters to try the SR9c as well. I'm afraid this may get expensive, especially when the shield comes out, I will need a M&P15 of course, maybe a 12ga, definately a bigger safe.............

Hi everyone, I'm Josh from Somerville. I've been visiting Northeastshooters for a while now and figured it was time to register and go green. I have found this site to be an excellent resource for new shooters such as myself and it was great for helping me to understand the confusing laws in Massachusetts. I hope to continue to pick up helpful tips and information from this forum.

Thought I'd check in and intro. New member from Central Mass (Westminster). My LTC A with no restrictions is at the station, just waiting the PIN number, they say it will be here this week. Deciding on first gun, leaning to the M&P9 to go with my girlfriends glock 19. May make a trip to bobsoutfitters to try the SR9c as well. I'm afraid this may get expensive, especially when the shield comes out, I will need a M&P15 of course, maybe a 12ga, definately a bigger safe.............

Welcome horsegoalie,

You will fit right in here lol. Love your choices so far, tell your GF to give up the 19 and take that as your first. You can always buy her a new one later on :) Sounds like you got the right mindset going in, get a bunch and get a safe. Of course be safe and enjoy. Thanks for becoming a member in support of the forum as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everyone, I'm Josh from Somerville. I've been visiting Northeastshooters for a while now and figured it was time to register and go green. I have found this site to be an excellent resource for new shooters such as myself and it was great for helping me to understand the confusing laws in Massachusetts. I hope to continue to pick up helpful tips and information from this forum.

Hello Josh (JKenne06),

Welcome to the forum and we are glad you have already enjoyed using the site. It is certainly one of the best places for new and old shooters a like. What do you enjoy shooting? Continue to use the forum and hope to see you in the discussions. Thanks for going green also!

Think about donating to GOAL and COMM2A as they both will help us keep up the good fight!

Hello from Taunton! I've been lurking for a while here, and figured I'd at least introduce myself. I am signed up for a safety class in october, and am going to apply for my LTC-A unrestricted. I've been learning a lot from this sight. Mostly about how much my state sucks ;) Well gun laws anyway. I LOVE MA!

Hello from Taunton! I've been lurking for a while here, and figured I'd at least introduce myself. I am signed up for a safety class in october, and am going to apply for my LTC-A unrestricted. I've been learning a lot from this sight. Mostly about how much my state sucks ;) Well gun laws anyway. I LOVE MA!

Hello Joos,

At least your learning fast HAHA. Yes this state blows for its gun laws. I wish you the best on the LTC process. Thanks for introducing yourself and hope to see you in the discussions with us. Enjoy!

Hello Josh (JKenne06),

Welcome to the forum and we are glad you have already enjoyed using the site. It is certainly one of the best places for new and old shooters a like. What do you enjoy shooting? Continue to use the forum and hope to see you in the discussions. Thanks for going green also!

Think about donating to GOAL and COMM2A as they both will help us keep up the good fight!

So far I have mainly been punching holes in paper targets, but occasionally I get the chance to do some plinking or shoot clay pigeons. I pretty much enjoy shooting anything that goes "bang" when you pull the trigger. :)

I will have to put joining GOAL and donating to Comm2A on my to do list.

Just went green. Seems like whenever I do a Google search for a gun question, the best hits come from my local board. Thanks again-

Glad to see it , thanks for the support of the forum!

- - - Updated - - -

So far I have mainly been punching holes in paper targets, but occasionally I get the chance to do some plinking or shoot clay pigeons. I pretty much enjoy shooting anything that goes "bang" when you pull the trigger. :)

I will have to put joining GOAL and donating to Comm2A on my to do list.

Awesome I am happy to hear that. The more support the better and the whole community appreciates it!

Just wanted to say hello. My name is John and I'm from the Albany NY area. I have a lot of friends in the MA/NH/VT area and have found there are some good training opportunities in New England so I figured I'd join.

Just wanted to say hello. My name is John and I'm from the Albany NY area. I have a lot of friends in the MA/NH/VT area and have found there are some good training opportunities in New England so I figured I'd join.

Happy to have you John,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found the site and decided to post. So I have to ask being from Albany what football team do you route for? LOL What kind of training are you interested in?

Happy to have you John,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found the site and decided to post. So I have to ask being from Albany what football team do you route for? LOL What kind of training are you interested in?

Giants and Yankees fan here so I'm in enemy territory. I'm used to it though. My Fiancee is from Texas and is a huge Cowboys fan so there are a few times per year where we just can't talk to each other. I have a lot of Sox fans among my family and friends too. We can all be civil towards each other. : )

As for training. I just took the SouthNarc class at Pelham Fish and Game put on by NEShooters and had a great time. There is a pretty big void in training classes in the NY capital district area so I usually have to travel 3-4 hours to get to one and either stay at a motel or with friends.

Chris Fry at MDTS teaches a lot out in central and western NY along with All Star tactical. I've been through MDTS combat pistol 1&2, Progressive Force Concepts carbine 1, and did Magpul Dynamic handgun 1 out in Buffalo back in June. Looking to take some more intermediate level classes next year and I'd like to find a good medical class since I spend a lot of time at my local range. Steve Fisher at the Magpul class told me I should take the SouthNarc class when we were talking about martial arts so that's how I found NEShooters and this forum. If you've ever seen the size of Steve, he's a guy you listen to.

Great rundown Johh,

And I will even give you the pass on the Giants and Yankees. Sounds like you got some decent training already. Hope you can join into the discussions and enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us!

The wealth of information I have gleaned from this site (been trolling for a while . . . ..) is immeasurable. Whether on the General Forum, the Off Topic Forum, or the Laws Forums, you have enabled me to get information on a variety of subjects that would be hard to find anywhere else. Thank you NES! I do not have very much experience shooting. I am looking forward as a member here to the comments, help, and the expertise of those who are far more knowledgeable than I am. May need some info re buying a revolver....

The wealth of information I have gleaned from this site (been trolling for a while . . . ..) is immeasurable. Whether on the General Forum, the Off Topic Forum, or the Laws Forums, you have enabled me to get information on a variety of subjects that would be hard to find anywhere else. Thank you NES! I do not have very much experience shooting. I am looking forward as a member here to the comments, help, and the expertise of those who are far more knowledgeable than I am. May need some info re buying a revolver....

Hello and welcome saoirse,

Thank you for becoming green and supporting the forum. Awesome to hear how useful you have already found the site. There are many of us that feel the same way. Help make it even better by joining in the discussions and giving your input. I ask you support GOAL and COMM2A also as they are leading in the good fight for us. Enjoy and see you out there.

Thought I should finally say hello.

Read and lurked for a while, joined last year, and then decided I'd gotten so much out of the forums I should go green.

I'm a middle aged guy in Boston, and got my LTC-A with the usual restrictions yesterday (actually had one in the 90's, but made the mistake of letting it expire). I've been mostly interested in punching paper (I've had my FID since I was 16, and shot rifle in college), but am hoping to start hunting, and have a lot to learn having grown up in an "anti" family.

Back
Top Bottom