New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Howdy everybody!

I recently finished up a three year stint in the Army (4ID, Ft. Carson) as an Intel Analyst, and now I'm a full-time student and weekend warrior Reservist. I live in Arlington, which is unfortunately within the borders of The People's Communist State of Taxachusetts....post-college I plan on being a New Hampshire resident.

A friend of mine (who works for Four Seasons Firearms in Woburn, MA) recommended I get on NES in order to find a buyer for my shotgun, which I sold recently and with great ease.

I currently have a FNH FNX-9 which is AWESOME, a Remington 870 Express Tactical, and a Ruger 10/22. Next up will be a 5.56 platform.

Howdy everybody!

I recently finished up a three year stint in the Army (4ID, Ft. Carson) as an Intel Analyst, and now I'm a full-time student and weekend warrior Reservist. I live in Arlington, which is unfortunately within the borders of The People's Communist State of Taxachusetts....post-college I plan on being a New Hampshire resident.

A friend of mine (who works for Four Seasons Firearms in Woburn, MA) recommended I get on NES in order to find a buyer for my shotgun, which I sold recently and with great ease.

I currently have a FNH FNX-9 which is AWESOME, a Remington 870 Express Tactical, and a Ruger 10/22. Next up will be a 5.56 platform.

Hello and welcome Contramnky,

Thanks for your service. Glad you made it on the board and are getting settled in. Thanks for going green in support of the forum as well. Sounds like you already have a few goodies that we can approve of :) Enjoy the site!

New to the board and to firearms. I've always been interested but growing up guns were forbidden. Now that I'll be 30 in a few months I decided its time. Grew up in Fall River and have been in Somerset for last 6 years. I applied 6 weeks ago to the day, but haven't heard anything. When I call, they say "no news is good news." [rolleyes]

New to the board and to firearms. I've always been interested but growing up guns were forbidden. Now that I'll be 30 in a few months I decided its time. Grew up in Fall River and have been in Somerset for last 6 years. I applied 6 weeks ago to the day, but haven't heard anything. When I call, they say "no news is good news." [rolleyes]

Hello and welcome TimoC508,

I too grew up in an anti-gun home but I was lucky enough to experience a bit with friends and shooting .22 at camp.
Glad you were able to go through the process on your own and use your rights. Look forward to hearing you received the call with the license in! Enjoy the site and consider going green to help keep the forum going strong.

Also consider donating to COMM2A and GOAL - thanks in advance.

Hi, I joined recently and just got my LTC. I have been living in MA for about 7 years, moved here from Germany. Although I grew up gun-free beyond bb and paintball and did social service instead of military, I always liked shooting. I been going to the range from time to time. More than that wasn't really in reach due to the legal situation. I am very much an outdoor enthusiast and also wanted to pick up hunting but never bothered due to the same problem. So with the changed legal situation I am starting too get into it. Thanks Comm2A! (Yes, I did donate).

Cheers

Hi, I joined recently and just got my LTC. I have been living in MA for about 7 years, moved here from Germany. Although I grew up gun-free beyond bb and paintball and did social service instead of military, I always liked shooting. I been going to the range from time to time. More than that wasn't really in reach due to the legal situation. I am very much an outdoor enthusiast and also wanted to pick up hunting but never bothered due to the same problem. So with the changed legal situation I am starting too get into it. Thanks Comm2A! (Yes, I did donate).

Cheers

Cheers to you modnaru,

Thank you so much for helping the good fight by donating to COMM2A. Thanks for becoming green as a member here also. Very happy to have another to join the ranks. I would love to shoot with you sometime if you ever need a place to go just private message me and we can make it happen. Enjoy and be safe!

Hello and welcome TimoC508,

I too grew up in an anti-gun home but I was lucky enough to experience a bit with friends and shooting .22 at camp.
Glad you were able to go through the process on your own and use your rights. Look forward to hearing you received the call with the license in! Enjoy the site and consider going green to help keep the forum going strong.

Also consider donating to COMM2A and GOAL - thanks in advance.

Thanks for the Welcome Dirty. Before I even applied for the LTC I became a member of NRA and GOAL. COMM2A and going GREEN will be in the near future.

Hey everyone Al from Mass here love the forum so far!

Glad to hear it Al.

This is a great forum with plenty of information available at your fingertips. Are you aware of GOAL and COMM2A? Would love to see you help us with the good fight. Enjoy the forum and see you in the discussions.

Hi! I'm a real newbie and I live in Brookline, MA. I'm currently in the process of applying for a LTC Class A. I'm scheduled for my course, includes live-fire, and I have my appointment at BPD scheduled as well. I've been shooting a few times at The Firing Line in Manchester, NH. I found Northeastshooters through Reddit.com.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm a real newbie and I live in Brookline, MA. I'm currently in the process of applying for a LTC Class A. I'm scheduled for my course, includes live-fire, and I have my appointment at BPD scheduled as well. I've been shooting a few times at The Firing Line in Manchester, NH. I found Northeastshooters through Reddit.com.

Hello and welcome to the site Wolfenkraft,

Really through Reddit... was it an article that was posted from a thread or a thread topic that went through the wire? Wish you the best in your LTC process. Enjoy the forum.

Hi, I grew up in MA but lived in virginia for 4 years before moving back recently. Living in a gun friendly state really opened my eyes ... applied for my LTC last week. I found northeastshooters while researching guns and gun laws in MA via google.

Hi All, Patrick here from Central MA. I have been hunting and shooting since I could hold a gun. Have my Class A LTC and shoot often, This forum has been great so far!

Hi, I grew up in MA but lived in virginia for 4 years before moving back recently. Living in a gun friendly state really opened my eyes ... applied for my LTC last week. I found northeastshooters while researching guns and gun laws in MA via google.

Hello deezwho,

Sorry to hear you had to come back to Mass. ONce I leave I plan on never returning lol. Hope your LTC process goes smooth and your granted your rights as you should be. Glad you found the forum, enjoy it.

And if your willing to help in the good fight I ask you donate to GOAL and COMM2A to help others here and your own future.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All, Patrick here from Central MA. I have been hunting and shooting since I could hold a gun. Have my Class A LTC and shoot often, This forum has been great so far!

Excellent to have you Patrick,

Glad you found the forum and have come to enjoy it. Where do you shoot/club if you don't mind me asking. Hope to see you in the discussions or out at the range.

I'm new here - just found this thread, but I've been lurking and reading for a while now. I found this forum on a web search, I forget exactly what I was looking for at the time - probably gun dealers. I've owned one rifle in the past, but I'm interested in owning a handgun now - and at week 8 I'm still waiting for permission...

I'm new here - just found this thread, but I've been lurking and reading for a while now. I found this forum on a web search, I forget exactly what I was looking for at the time - probably gun dealers. I've owned one rifle in the past, but I'm interested in owning a handgun now - and at week 8 I'm still waiting for permission...

Hello ninemilshooter,

Permission my ass - your waiting for your rights to be granted. What a joke huh! Well no surprise to any of us here to read that. Welcome to the forum and I hope you can enjoy the right being granted shortly. Let us know how you make out.

Hello ninemilshooter,

Permission my ass - your waiting for your rights to be granted. What a joke huh! Well no surprise to any of us here to read that. Welcome to the forum and I hope you can enjoy the right being granted shortly. Let us know how you make out.

Its funny I always thought I already had them. Turns out I needed to ask really nicely, after paying for a mandated course and then paying the state - and then wait for months while the state does nothing.

thanks Dirtypacman

Steve

Hello everyone, My name is Tim. I live in Leominster. My experience is only shooting .22's in the boy scouts and skeet shooting with a 20g all back when I was a kid. I'm looking forward to trying a number of different guns. Going to apply for class A LTC soon. Should be unrestricted.....I hope.

Bob from Berlin here. LTC application submitted 9/6, still waiting (>7 weeks!) to receive it.

I've already got a ton of great info from this forum. I look forward to reading and posting.

Hello everyone, My name is Tim. I live in Leominster. My experience is only shooting .22's in the boy scouts and skeet shooting with a 20g all back when I was a kid. I'm looking forward to trying a number of different guns. Going to apply for class A LTC soon. Should be unrestricted.....I hope.

Hello and welcome Electriciantim,

Plenty of other members here from your area. Have you picked out a club yet? Go get that LTC so you can join in the community fully. Hope to see you posting and enjoying. Best of luck on the process and hope its unrestricted as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Bob from Berlin here. LTC application submitted 9/6, still waiting (>7 weeks!) to receive it.

I've already got a ton of great info from this forum. I look forward to reading and posting.

Hello Bob,

Should be in any day now for you! Just saying that to make you feel better haha. No really hope you get that license soon and can start to exercise your rights. Glad your already enjoying the forum look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

For both of you please consider joining GOAL and donating to COMM2A to help in the good fight. Thanks!

NES noob from Framingham!!!

NES noob from Framingham!!!
Recently got my Class A LTC over the summer and joined the Hopkinton Sportsmen's Assoc. after taking my basic class there. Really excited about the info on this forum. Interested in customizing my new (new to me) G19, IPSC, as well as trap and skeet.
Thx, –Andy.

Hello everyone. I got my class A LTC last May and recently purchased my first fire arm (M&P 9mm). I am retired Air Force Security Police. Besides 4 years in the Air Force I have lived in Whitman Mass my entire life. Doing my research on the Mass gun laws Northeast Shooters came up in almost all my searches. Looking forward to all the great people and info.

Back
Top Bottom