New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

NES noob from Framingham!!!
Recently got my Class A LTC over the summer and joined the Hopkinton Sportsmen's Assoc. after taking my basic class there. Really excited about the info on this forum. Interested in customizing my new (new to me) G19, IPSC, as well as trap and skeet.
Thx, –Andy.

Hello and welcome Andy,

Glad you found the site and have been enjoying the community. Sounds like you will fit in just fine. Got to love the G19 you won't go wrong with that. Have fun and enjoy the site.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello everyone. I got my class A LTC last May and recently purchased my first fire arm (M&P 9mm). I am retired Air Force Security Police. Besides 4 years in the Air Force I have lived in Whitman Mass my entire life. Doing my research on the Mass gun laws Northeast Shooters came up in almost all my searches. Looking forward to all the great people and info.

Hello getch74,

Thank you for your service. We are glad to have you here. Did you stick with the stock trigger on the M&P or have you swapped it out? Enjoy the site and hope to see you in the discussions.

Hi Guys - what's the process to be granted permission to post new threads?

Thanks !

You can post new threads immediately but certain sections are for paying members of the site. So if your looking to sell something in the classifieds or get into the members area you need to go green as a paid member.

Stock trigger for now. Does it make a big difference?

It does to some. M&P's were known to be sent with MA triggers which are less then ideal. You can purchase an apex trigger kit for it and drop it right in or have someone like Lou over a Business End Customs do the trigger over for you. It will make a big difference over the stock trigger.

Hello my name is Jason and live in Plymouth. I haven't owned a gun since I lived back home (originally from Maine) when I was younger, its been over 30 years. I'm really not a gun enthusiast, but feel it's my right as a US Citizen and a Veteran to be able to own one. I joined the forums as I was doing a search for why my LTC is taking so long to receive. I was finger printed and interviewed on August 8th and haven't seen or heard a thing back. I have place several calls to the Police Station and they don't return call. I want to know if I was denied and the reason I was denied. However reading through these forums. My minds is at ease knowing that it is a normal occurrence for the process to exceed the 40 days.

Hey everyone! My name is Ellis, and I'm from Spencer, MA. I'm 22, been shooting for years, finally got my Class A (no restrictions) a couple months ago. I have an M&P 40 with APEX duty carry kit, carried in a Galco Miami Classic. I've been reading the forums here for a few months, lots of good info on here! Love it!

Hello all, my name is Adam and I live in Haverhill, MA. I am new to the wonderful world of firearms and just got my class A a short while ago. Some friends who are members suggested I check in and join the boards, so here I am!

Hello my name is Jason and live in Plymouth. I haven't owned a gun since I lived back home (originally from Maine) when I was younger, its been over 30 years. I'm really not a gun enthusiast, but feel it's my right as a US Citizen and a Veteran to be able to own one. I joined the forums as I was doing a search for why my LTC is taking so long to receive. I was finger printed and interviewed on August 8th and haven't seen or heard a thing back. I have place several calls to the Police Station and they don't return call. I want to know if I was denied and the reason I was denied. However reading through these forums. My minds is at ease knowing that it is a normal occurrence for the process to exceed the 40 days.

Hello and welcome Jason,

Thank you for your service. I understand your mind may have been put at ease by seeing the delay is normal but hopefully that will prompt you to see there is things that need to change. Get out there and start supporting your Pro-2nd organizations and help keep the tradition of an armed society a possibility for the future. Hope you can enjoy the forum in the meantime and look forward to seeing your return to the community of gun ownership.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey everyone! My name is Ellis, and I'm from Spencer, MA. I'm 22, been shooting for years, finally got my Class A (no restrictions) a couple months ago. I have an M&P 40 with APEX duty carry kit, carried in a Galco Miami Classic. I've been reading the forums here for a few months, lots of good info on here! Love it!

Awesome Ellis,

Glad to have you hear as well. Sounds like you have already enjoyed the forum for a bit but hopefully I will see you in more of the discussions. Smart on changing out that trigger with the Apex I hear thats what many do. Enjoy the site and see you on the range!

Hello all, my name is Adam and I live in Haverhill, MA. I am new to the wonderful world of firearms and just got my class A a short while ago. Some friends who are members suggested I check in and join the boards, so here I am!

Hello Adam,

We are neighbors :) Too bad HHRG rifle range is shut down at the moment. That was a good club that I recommended for the local residents. Glad to see you in green thanks for the support of the forum. Hope to see you become more active and enjoy the community here.

Please consider joining GOAL and COMM2A to help with the good fight. Thanks!

Hi all. My name is Ben and live in Dedham. I received LTC-A in Dedham with no restrictions and no issues. From what I have read Dedham used to be very difficult to get class A with no restrictions but doesn't seem to have that issue any longer. Chief d'Entremont seemed very reasonable to me and I had no issues. I actually received my license faster than they had told me it would take. I shot a bit when I was younger but have only seriously gotten into firearms in the last year or so. This forum has given me loads of valuable information so I was happy to go green and try to give a little something back to the forum. I'm sure I will get much more out than I'll be able to give back but it's a start.

Hi all. My name is Ben and live in Dedham. I received LTC-A in Dedham with no restrictions and no issues. From what I have read Dedham used to be very difficult to get class A with no restrictions but doesn't seem to have that issue any longer. Chief d'Entremont seemed very reasonable to me and I had no issues. I actually received my license faster than they had told me it would take. I shot a bit when I was younger but have only seriously gotten into firearms in the last year or so. This forum has given me loads of valuable information so I was happy to go green and try to give a little something back to the forum. I'm sure I will get much more out than I'll be able to give back but it's a start.

Hello Ben,

I am very happy to hear about your report on the current licensing situation in your town. Any change to a quicker turn around and issuing of the proper unrestricted license is a great thing. Sounds like you already had some time to browse the forum and enjoy it. Thank you for going green in support of it. Hope to see you in the discussions or out at the range.

Hello all,
New to the site. Have been shooting since I was a child. I live in Boston :-( Ed Davis doesn't seem to like CCW holders. I I am Army, and a hunter. Also trying to find out how to be a green member? I am color blind, so I am not sure if I am "green" already

New member. Check out threads constantly as I wait for my LTC To come in. From Milford mass. Very happy joining this forum. Everyone is very receptive and for the most part courteous. Happy to go green once that ltc shows up and I go purchase a few guns!!!

Hello all,
New to the site. Have been shooting since I was a child. I live in Boston :-( Ed Davis doesn't seem to like CCW holders. I I am Army, and a hunter. Also trying to find out how to be a green member? I am color blind, so I am not sure if I am "green" already

Hello and welcome jj4uall1,

Thank you for your service to the country. I hope you enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us. Green members are paid members to the forum and you can sign up through your profile. Or under the membership forum sticky. Enjoy the site and hope to see you in the discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

New member. Check out threads constantly as I wait for my LTC To come in. From Milford mass. Very happy joining this forum. Everyone is very receptive and for the most part courteous. Happy to go green once that ltc shows up and I go purchase a few guns!!!

Hello Rotaryrocket,

Glad your already enjoying the forum and getting familiar. Hope your LTC comes in soon for you and with no restrictions. What are you thinking for your first purchase? Are you going to become a member at any club/range? Jump in the discussions a bit more and I am sure I will see you in there.

To our newest members please consider donating to COMM2A and GOAL to help keep the good fight going. Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone, I am a new member that just joined the forum. Been browsing through the wealth of info on here and looking forward to contributing to the community. I am a rookie and have never shot before, but looking forward to it once I receive my LTC-ALP ;)

Hello everyone, I am a new member that just joined the forum. Been browsing through the wealth of info on here and looking forward to contributing to the community. I am a rookie and have never shot before, but looking forward to it once I receive my LTC-ALP ;)

Welcome DSM_1,

Hope you can come to enjoy the forum. Did you already take your safety class? Did they not give you any live fire instruction at all? Everyone starts as a rookie so no fault of your own. Suck up the knowledge from some people here and get yourself out for more instruction. The best defense is a good offense so make sure you have the skills to feel confident in handling a firearm. Be safe and see you in the discussions.

Hey y'all. A friend of mine told me about this site. I live in Kingston and just recently received my LTC. It took 10 weeks to get. My girlfriend and I applied on the same day, Aug 2nd, and she still hasn't heard anything. She's going to take a drive to the station friday to check on it. My first purchase was an M&P Shield .40. Such a nice little gun. Only got to the range once so far but plan on returning this weekend. Hopefully I'll be joining a club at the beginning of next month. I also have a Russian SKS and Enfield 303.

Pacman thanks for the warm welcome, I did get to shoot a cute little revolver in that class, I meant to say that I can't wait to shoot my own gun ;)

Last edited:
Pacman thanks for the warm welcome, I did get to shoot a cute little revolver in that class, I meant to say that I can't wait to shoot my own gun ;)

Excellent - look forward to hearing about the purchase and your first range trip! Have fun and be safe.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey y'all. A friend of mine told me about this site. I live in Kingston and just recently received my LTC. It took 10 weeks to get. My girlfriend and I applied on the same day, Aug 2nd, and she still hasn't heard anything. She's going to take a drive to the station friday to check on it. My first purchase was an M&P Shield .40. Such a nice little gun. Only got to the range once so far but plan on returning this weekend. Hopefully I'll be joining a club at the beginning of next month. I also have a Russian SKS and Enfield 303.

Welcome Boomer76,

Glad you buddy send you over to the site. You will be sure to enjoy it like the rest of us. No surprises with the delay in the LTC - the whole system is a joke. I hope you get to enjoy some shooting with your girl soon. Have fun and be safe!

Hello all,

Hi JJ,
I live in Brookline and I'm currently waiting for my LTC-A as well. 1 week into my wait. I know O'Leary doesn't like CCW either so I'll probably get restrictions for target/practice only. What range are you thinking of joining? What do you think your first purchase will be?

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent - look forward to hearing about the purchase and your first range trip! Have fun and be safe.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome Boomer76,

Glad you buddy send you over to the site. You will be sure to enjoy it like the rest of us. No surprises with the delay in the LTC - the whole system is a joke. I hope you get to enjoy some shooting with your girl soon. Have fun and be safe!

I was quoted yesterday that the process will take me around 8 weeks yesterday by the intern at my local police dept (Brookline), so I'm 1 week into my 8 week wait. :)

Hello Rotaryrocket,

Glad your already enjoying the forum and getting familiar. Hope your LTC comes in soon for you and with no restrictions. What are you thinking for your first purchase? Are you going to become a member at any club/range? Jump in the discussions a bit more and I am sure I will see you in there.

To our newest members please consider donating to COMM2A and GOAL to help keep the good fight going. Thanks in advance.

Thinking about getting a ruger sr9 or sr9c. As well as a .22 rifle perhaps a ruger 10/22 take down. I am hoping to join hopkinton sportsmans association.
Just waiting, taking my drive to four seasons the day I pick up my license. Shot a few times since I dropped off my application. But renting gets pricey. Cant get enough of shooting.

Thinking about getting a ruger sr9 or sr9c. As well as a .22 rifle perhaps a ruger 10/22 take down. I am hoping to join hopkinton sportsmans association.
Just waiting, taking my drive to four seasons the day I pick up my license. Shot a few times since I dropped off my application. But renting gets pricey. Cant get enough of shooting.

I have the SR9c love it - I recommend it to others all the time. I have a 10/22 basic model and take-down both excellent - I prefer the take-down as it sits in my car now a days. I am sure there are plenty other members of Hopkinton. Hope to see you get your license soon and enjoy!

Most of the people I've talked to love their sr series guns from ruger. The price is right and pretty pleasant on the eyes too. I am chomping at the bits waiting for this damn ltc. I wanna go to the range

My ole lady got the call today and has her LTC in hand :) That makes it a 10 week wait for me and a 13 week wait for her. Now to enjoy them and start a collection before our right gets taken away.

Most of the people I've talked to love their sr series guns from ruger. The price is right and pretty pleasant on the eyes too. I am chomping at the bits waiting for this damn ltc. I wanna go to the range

Patience grasshopper ...there is a few ranges around that allow rental and shooting to keep you at ease.

- - - Updated - - -

My ole lady got the call today and has her LTC in hand :) That makes it a 10 week wait for me and a 13 week wait for her. Now to enjoy them and start a collection before our right gets taken away.

Excellent

Hey guys, new shooter here. Got the website from a guy at work. Could anyone tell me of or suggest a thread about concealment carrying.

Hey guys, new shooter here. Got the website from a guy at work. Could anyone tell me of or suggest a thread about concealment carrying.

Hello and welcome N.E. Mic,

Glad you found us and got the referral from your workplace. There is many a thread regarding concealment on the board... you can use google to search and include northeastshooters.com .... it should bring up a bunch of threads on the subject.

Myself I prefer Crossbreed or Comptac MTac holster for everyday carry. You can't go wrong with either of those manufacturers. What was the specific question you had?

Well Dirty, I've recently been issued my class A L.T.C. and I'm not sure if that allows me to conceal or not. Some threads I have read said that regardless of license class, you need a special permit for concealment. I just don't understand since it clearly says on my license "No Restrictions". I tried looking on the Mass.gov website, but as most government institutions, I couldn't get a clear answer.Thank you for any of your help with this matter.

Well Dirty, I've recently been issued my class A L.T.C. and I'm not sure if that allows me to conceal or not. Some threads I have read said that regardless of license class, you need a special permit for concealment. I just don't understand since it clearly says on my license "No Restrictions". I tried looking on the Mass.gov website, but as most government institutions, I couldn't get a clear answer.Thank you for any of your help with this matter.

Class A LTC with no restrictions means you are allowed to carry concealed. The Massachusetts Laws subforum has lots of additional information: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/forums/81-Massachusetts-Laws

One thread you'll want to read is "Where can't I carry in MA?", which goes over some places that you aren't allowed to carry, even with your LTC: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/156452-Where-can-t-I-carry-in-MA

Back
Top Bottom