New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Another from my neck of the woods! Awesome let me know how the LTC process goes for you. I am interested for when my renewal comes up to stay on top of the current process. Happy to have you here Matt, even better that both you and your girl are getting into the community. I hope you enjoy the site as much as the rest of us, see you in the discussions.

got the call today! pretty excited for it. LTC A with no restrictions. 60 days from the interview to issue.

Hello everyone!

New member here in Rehoboth MA. I've moved back to New England from Arizona in the last year and now I'm jumping through all of the hoops to get al of the correct and legal paperwork/licenses to own a gun. Quite different from the South West thats for sure.

This site has been a great resource so far and I look forward to (hopefully) contributing something worthwhile. I was told about it from a buddy of mine.

I am not a very experienced shooter. My father took me with him to go skeet and trap shooting off and on from the ages of 12-16. I did learn what I feel is a very good base for firearms safety. I am scheduled to take my classes and hope to apply for a LTC A once I am legally able.

Cheers, Ben-

Hello and Welcome Buggin,

Glad your making yourself comfortable here. Where do you shoot if you don't mind me asking. I am on the NH Border myself.
See you in the discussions.
A bit of a story for that answer. Used to shoot out of Londonderry fish and game. Then off to MFL. I've got a gun dealer friend invloved in a lawsuit with them now and I try and support my friends when I can. So I don't go there anymore. I was going to join Chester rod and gun, but I'm probably going to be moving north soon and didn't want to get attached to a new place. I head up to Belmont when I get the itch. I'll be looking for a permanent home when we get settled.

Hello everyone!

New member here in Rehoboth MA. I've moved back to New England from Arizona in the last year and now I'm jumping through all of the hoops to get al of the correct and legal paperwork/licenses to own a gun. Quite different from the South West thats for sure.

This site has been a great resource so far and I look forward to (hopefully) contributing something worthwhile. I was told about it from a buddy of mine.

I am not a very experienced shooter. My father took me with him to go skeet and trap shooting off and on from the ages of 12-16. I did learn what I feel is a very good base for firearms safety. I am scheduled to take my classes and hope to apply for a LTC A once I am legally able.

Cheers, Ben-

Hello and welcome Ben,

Sorry to hear you had to make your way back to MA. Hopefully it was for good reason and the benefits outweigh the suck factor lol. Glad your buddy sent you over to the site to check it out. Great group here and always interested in another to help with the good fight. Look forward to seeing you get the license and join a bit more into the community we have here.

- - - Updated - - -

A bit of a story for that answer. Used to shoot out of Londonderry fish and game. Then off to MFL. I've got a gun dealer friend invloved in a lawsuit with them now and I try and support my friends when I can. So I don't go there anymore. I was going to join Chester rod and gun, but I'm probably going to be moving north soon and didn't want to get attached to a new place. I head up to Belmont when I get the itch. I'll be looking for a permanent home when we get settled.

Thanks for the further details. I certainly understand the need to make the choice once and not find a home and have to move to another club. Wish you the best through the process.

Hello. My name is Yuriy (this is my real name.) New to thisforum and register here yesterday. I came to the U.S. from Russia 15 years agoand now live in East Haven, Connecticut. English for me is a second language and the U.S. is the second home for me. I have many friends here and I hope that here on this forum I will make even more friends. I'm 38. I have a CC permit in Connecticut for about 14 years. I’m looking to chat with a bunch of like-minded people . This is a great forum and I would like to coming in from time to time here, share some things , learn some things and have some fun . Thanks to all !

Hello. My name is Yuriy (this is my real name.) New to thisforum and register here yesterday. I came to the U.S. from Russia 15 years agoand now live in East Haven, Connecticut. English for me is a second language and the U.S. is the second home for me. I have many friends here and I hope that here on this forum I will make even more friends. I'm 38. I have a CC permit in Connecticut for about 14 years. I’m looking to chat with a bunch of like-minded people . This is a great forum and I would like to coming in from time to time here, share some things , learn some things and have some fun . Thanks to all !

Hello and welcome Yuriy,

Thanks for the clarification on that being your real name. Glad to have you on the board. What is your favorite vodka? We have these discussions occasionally. Plenty of other like minded individuals to get to know. What is your preferred shooting, handgun, rifle, shotgun, competition or just plain target? Enjoy the site and see you in the discussions.

Hello and welcome Yuriy,

Thanks for the clarification on that being your real name. Glad to have you on the board. What is your favorite vodka? We have these discussions occasionally. Plenty of other like minded individuals to get to know. What is your preferred shooting, handgun, rifle, shotgun, competition or just plain target? Enjoy the site and see you in the discussions.
Hi. I can not say that I often drink vodka, but on holidays, in good company or friends. Should also be a good snack on a table. I like several types (names) of vodka. Something like Absolut, Khortytsya, Nemiroff, Finland. After the Absolute I don't have a hangover. Also I like tequila, the process of drinking it .[grin]
What about the guns . Guns and alcohol are incompatible. [grin]
I have no preference really , either it is a rifle or pistol. But I shoot a pistol more often then a rifles. Although I have both of them. I prefer the german model's of semi-auto pistols, HK and Walther. Do not know why, but I just stopped at these two model's. Most of my shooting is plain target, but sometimes I go to one of the local shooting ranges and shoot some IDPA.

Well,...That's probably all. [grin]

Last edited:
I guess I should actually introduce myself. Name is Marc. I have been shooting sin,e I was sixteen, over twenty years now. Mostly do handgun now, since my range is indoors. Iam looking for a decent rifle and shotgun range in the greater Boston area that let's you bring guests an unlimited number of times. I am an NRA instructor andan avid paintballer.

Hi. I can not say that I often drink vodka, but on holidays, in good company or friends. Should also be a good snack on a table. I like several types (names) of vodka. Something like Absolut, Khortytsya, Nemiroff, Finland. After the Absolute I don't have a hangover. Also I like tequila, the process of drinking it .[grin]
What about the guns . Guns and alcohol are incompatible. [grin]
I have no preference really , either it is a rifle or pistol. But I shoot a pistol more often then a rifles. Although I have both of them. I prefer the german model's of semi-auto pistols, HK and Walther. Do not know why, but I just stopped at these two model's. Most of my shooting is plain target, but sometimes I go to one of the local shooting ranges and shoot some IDPA.

Well,...That's probably all. [grin]

Always time for some drinking... being safe of course ;) You should think about going green (become a paid member) I think there is a bottle of Tequila being karma'd off right now. Drop your name in the hat and see if you win it. I also enjoy pistol and HK's!

Just wanted to say hello to all from a former Marine in Maine.

Hope to learn a few things and have fun here.

Hello and welcome 8654maine,

Thanks for your service first off. We hope you can enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us. Plenty of knowledge and some idiots too lol :) Have a blast.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I should actually introduce myself. Name is Marc. I have been shooting sin,e I was sixteen, over twenty years now. Mostly do handgun now, since my range is indoors. Iam looking for a decent rifle and shotgun range in the greater Boston area that let's you bring guests an unlimited number of times. I am an NRA instructor andan avid paintballer.

Hello Marc,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have plenty of experience and will be an asset to the community here. We are glad to have you.

New Member here, Sean from CT. 50 yo. I used to have a CT CCW permit from age 21 to about 30. I thought I was moving out of State and let it lapse (dummy). Did some competitive shooting in a league for a few years, small bore pistol back in the day and really enjoyed it. Oddly enough I found it very relaxing. Recently looking to get back into it (shooting in general) again to get back into the peaceful "zone" that I so much miss. Not a huge hunter although I am not at all against hunting and putting food on the table. Got absolutely no problem with hunters as I'm kinda a libertarian and have no problem with you feeding your family as you see fit, just don't shoot my pet flyin' squirilio "rocky" and we're all kewl. Any hoo....that's about it.

Hello Old Toad,

Welcome and glad to have you on the forum. There are plenty of us that find shooting a very relaxing activity, one being me. Plenty of competitive and not so competitive shooters here so make yourself at home. Enjoy the site!

D I joined after hearing about the site from another member who raved about it.
I really enjoyed the amount as well as the diversity of the information on the site.
I live in the Merrimac valley so having a site that is regionally relevant is fantastic and I'm looking forward to being a member!

Hello all, just wanted to say hi. New to the forum, and new to shooting. Just picked up my first gun. S & W SD40VE. Looking for a place to shoot, thinking of joining Massasoit. Hoping at some point to try to get a ccw permit in RI, though I hear that's next to impossible. Also thinking about getting out of state non-resident ccw, Utah and FL I think which covers most of the country?

Bought a GunVault MiniVault to keep it handy but safe.

Hi all,

I've been around for a little bit and just wanted to introduce myself. I have shot since learning on my uncle's .38 Special. Recently a friend got me back into shooting with his 9mm Glock and Colt Python .357. I just applied for my LTC-A ALP

Great forum and good topics. A lot a knowledgeable people here... worth going green!

See you around!
~gary

Hey all,

Currently in my LTC-A process here in Boston. Have my interview on 12/21. Great site, I have been reading threads for a couple weeks!

D I joined after hearing about the site from another member who raved about it.
I really enjoyed the amount as well as the diversity of the information on the site.
I live in the Merrimac valley so having a site that is regionally relevant is fantastic and I'm looking forward to being a member!

Hello and welcome HKGirl23,

Your up in my neck of the woods. Glad to have you on board. Are you licensed yet? DO you have a club you shoot at? If you want to toss some lead around some time just put the word out. Enjoy the site and hope to see you in the discussions.

Hello all, just wanted to say hi. New to the forum, and new to shooting. Just picked up my first gun. S & W SD40VE. Looking for a place to shoot, thinking of joining Massasoit. Hoping at some point to try to get a ccw permit in RI, though I hear that's next to impossible. Also thinking about getting out of state non-resident ccw, Utah and FL I think which covers most of the country?

Bought a GunVault MiniVault to keep it handy but safe.

Hello and welcome Johnck78,

Plenty of others from RI so your in good company. I also have a GunVault and have liked it. Hopefully you will come to enjoy the site as much as the rest of us. See you in the discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,

I've been around for a little bit and just wanted to introduce myself. I have shot since learning on my uncle's .38 Special. Recently a friend got me back into shooting with his 9mm Glock and Colt Python .357. I just applied for my LTC-A ALP

Great forum and good topics. A lot a knowledgeable people here... worth going green!

See you around!
~gary

Hello Gary,

Thanks for the support of the forum by going green. Sounds like your friend has some nice goodies. Hope to see you get your LTC soon and be able to join him at the range more often.

Consider supporting GOAL and COMM2A to help keep up the good fight here. Thanks in advance.

Hey all,

Currently in my LTC-A process here in Boston. Have my interview on 12/21. Great site, I have been reading threads for a couple weeks!

Wishing you the best Bronko in the LTC process. I am interested to hear how you make out with the interview. Enjoy the site and keep us updated.

Hey everyone,

Joined up here to look up some info on MA LTC applications and laws, talk about a confusing mess! I just took my Pistol license class at MFS on Saturday. I've been shooting with people a couple of times over the years and enjoy it so I figured I may as well go about getting my own stuff. I have a co-worker who's a member at the MA rifle association in Woburn who said he'd take me anytime I wanted to go so I do have a good way to get some range time in until I can get through my application process.

It's great to have a regional forum to look through and I have a friend in FL who mentioned Project Appleseed which looks like a great way to learn about rifles. As with anything I love information and taking classes so I look forward to learning everything I can.

Aside from this, you name it I've tried it. I shoot target recurve, I have a SCUBA license, I ride horses, motorcycles, love hot rods and have way too many projects. I can't say I need another hobby but it wouldn't hurt either.

-Crystal

Hey everyone,

Joined up here to look up some info on MA LTC applications and laws, talk about a confusing mess! I just took my Pistol license class at MFS on Saturday. I've been shooting with people a couple of times over the years and enjoy it so I figured I may as well go about getting my own stuff. I have a co-worker who's a member at the MA rifle association in Woburn who said he'd take me anytime I wanted to go so I do have a good way to get some range time in until I can get through my application process.

It's great to have a regional forum to look through and I have a friend in FL who mentioned Project Appleseed which looks like a great way to learn about rifles. As with anything I love information and taking classes so I look forward to learning everything I can.

Aside from this, you name it I've tried it. I shoot target recurve, I have a SCUBA license, I ride horses, motorcycles, love hot rods and have way too many projects. I can't say I need another hobby but it wouldn't hurt either.

-Crystal

Hello Crystal,

Welcome to the forum. I am happy to see you going through with your LTC process and adding another to the community. This place is awesome and there is plenty of knowledge to be had. Project Appleseed is an excellent way to learn some history and become a better shot overall. I highly suggest it. Hope you can come to enjoy the shooting sport as much as your other hobbies. Have fun and be safe!

Hi, my name is Phil. Grew up Mostly in the North East, Woburn, Billerica, Tyngsboro. Moved to Upstate NY then joined the Navy out of Groton Ct for 10 years. Moved to WV for 5 years and now back in Ct. (Woodstock). I have my CCW in WV and non resident NH. Working on my CT CCW after Christmas. I found this sight a few weeks ago and have enjoyed learning from all the threads and figured I would join in on the fun!

Hi, my name is Phil. Grew up Mostly in the North East, Woburn, Billerica, Tyngsboro. Moved to Upstate NY then joined the Navy out of Groton Ct for 10 years. Moved to WV for 5 years and now back in Ct. (Woodstock). I have my CCW in WV and non resident NH. Working on my CT CCW after Christmas. I found this sight a few weeks ago and have enjoyed learning from all the threads and figured I would join in on the fun!

Welcome Phil,

Thanks for your service. Very glad you decided to join in the fun. Best gun community website around, hope you come to enjoy as much as the rest of us. What's your favorite type of firearm or shooting discipline?

Thanks for the welcome! I do have my class A and actually belong to HHRG which I noticed you also belong to so perhaps we have already tossed some lead around lol.

Thanks for the welcome! I do have my class A and actually belong to HHRG which I noticed you also belong to so perhaps we have already tossed some lead around lol.

Awesome, very happy to know your already got your license and a member at HHRG. Since HHRG has the issue at the ranges right now if you want a place to shoot that is excellent I can host you over at Harvard Sportmans where I am also a member. Hope to see you out on the range :)

Welcome Phil,

Thanks for your service. Very glad you decided to join in the fun. Best gun community website around, hope you come to enjoy as much as the rest of us. What's your favorite type of firearm or shooting discipline?

Thanks for the welcome! I have a variety of interests in firearms, but not very good at any one discipline, unfortunately. I have shot in IDPA and enjoyed that immensely. I would like to pick that back up once I complete my Ct. Requirements. I also hunt, primarily shotgun ( all Ithaca's ) and muzzle loader. Just recently grabbed an M&P 15OR to go along with my M&P 9mm. As a contractor at Ruger I plan on adding some Ruger's to my collection soon with my discount [grin]. I went to small arms training in the Navy and served in that capacity inboard the submarine I was attached to. ( Beretta 9mm, mossberg 12 ga, M- 16).

Thanks for the welcome! I have a variety of interests in firearms, but not very good at any one discipline, unfortunately. I have shot in IDPA and enjoyed that immensely. I would like to pick that back up once I complete my Ct. Requirements. I also hunt, primarily shotgun ( all Ithaca's ) and muzzle loader. Just recently grabbed an M&P 15OR to go along with my M&P 9mm. As a contractor at Ruger I plan on adding some Ruger's to my collection soon with my discount [grin]. I went to small arms training in the Navy and served in that capacity inboard the submarine I was attached to. ( Beretta 9mm, mossberg 12 ga, M- 16).

Excellent sounds like you got all sorts of experience on some different firearms. I am not very competitive but I shoot USPSA myself. Contractor at Ruger ah, very cool :) I love my 10/22's and SR9c! Again enjoy the site and hope to see you in the discussions.

Yea first post so here I go,

2nd Amendement hoorah,
Im a Mass Resident, and wish I could open carry like in NH.
Love to Shoot, Long time member of the NRA.
I work personal security from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom