• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Michael, you taste in booze is reasonable and your collection growing. Enjoy your time here and welcome.

I've found that the fastest way to increase your collection (mine too is meager) is to quickly buy more guns. Try it. It'll work for you too.

Thanks for the advice, hopefully that list of mine will have another 5 on the roster by august.

my name is bob and i just joined here a few days ago. i have had a LTC concealed for over 17 yrs before giving it up. last month after a 10 year wait i applied and 2 weeks later had my unrestricted class a permit. i will not let it go again. i think this is a fantastic site for gun owners to share info.

Good Day!

I'm a newbie to NES and find it to be a great site. I only joined this week! So many offerings here. I'm looking forward to shopping around and maybe selling at some point. I reside in Quincy and have been shooting for over 25 yrs. I'm a member of a local rifle and pistol club, which is an excellent club! I've been a member there for many years. I'm a certified range/safety officer and enjoy teaching new shooters the "basics" and beyond.

I'm looking forward to being on NES for a long while to come. Good luck to one and all!

Take care and God Bless Our Troops!

Mr. J.D.
Quincy, MA

Had to join

was registered user, after my first post about a question i had the response was great had to become a member, well worth 19 bucks. now i have a new set of friends.

Welcome to all the new folks, and packingungal? I just reset my account to be able to see avatars again, and this is the first time I've seen yours recently. [rofl2] That's GREAT!!

Hi to every one I am new to this site and just thought I would stop in and say hello.

I have been around for ever so mostly the only questions I will have are some of the terms I see you on this forum. I have shot a few different disciplines although now what little shooting I do is mostly Trap and Skeet. In the past I have shot Bullseye and a little Rifle and even Archery in competition. So good shooting to all.

Bob

Hey everyone!

New to the forum here, but I must say, it's an awesome place! I've been shooting Bullseye pistol and 4-position rifle with the University of New Hampshire Pistol/Rifle teams for about a year and a half now and recently applied for my Class A LTC. I'm anxious to hit the range back here in MA (if my LTC ever gets approved!) and look forward to possibly meeting some of you in the future!

Take care!

John

i've posted a couple topics here before i saw this thread....so i'm doing things in a lil bit of reverse order...i hope you don't hold it against me...

anyways, i've shot as a kid, but not that much, and this past year my friend and i were talking about shooting, and getting guns, and i think i was the only one that was serious enough about it to go take the class, and get my ltc a...and now i'm hooked....in the past couple of months of having my ltc, i've bought a sig 220, which i converted to dao, and lightening the pull to 6lbs, and then bought a s&w m&p 9 because .45 ammo prices were killing me at the range...and most recently, i wanted a rifle, so i bought a remington 597...

so anyways, i'm now hooked, and think about shooting almost all the time...i've taken 4 or 5 different classes that goal has offered, and all of them have been amazing...but i want MORE MORE MORE!!

sorry for just going on and on and on, i'm bored at work, and was just checking out nes, and felt the need....but now i want to go shooting!

Hello Dimsum414 - awesome to have you here.

Glad to know your active supporter with Goal - look forward to your input on our discussions.

...well it's 36 hours away and I'll be shooting my first gun in MA[smile]. So I'm extremely new to this crowd but have always been a staunch supporter of the 2nd Admendment.

I decided a few weeks ago to become a new member of the NRA. It's a small step but then my next step was to sign up for a firearms safety/traning class. Had two classes this week and on Sunday will be tested to obtain my certificate and then I'm off to the local police station for my LTC and FID card.

I'm not originally from Massachusetts and have to say I'm immensely appaled at the gun laws here[frown]. Seriously contemplating moving to NH soon.

My father was a State Policeman and an uncle of mine has a degree in Criminology and is a campus policeman at his alma matter. I've previously shot a rifle twice in the state of TX. Ironically, the guy who allowed me to shoot, hailed from Kileen, TX where the infamous Luby's masacre took place.

Looking forward to expanding my new found activity in life and thanks to all who've posted some great material.

Hello KnightRock8589 - glad to have you here.
You will find a great group with some interesting discussions.
Look forward to having you join in the fun.

Best of luck in your LTC application and process.

New Person in forums

Hello, I am a user that lives (for now) in Long Beach, California. My brother has posted here about 150 times (otasan), and I do believe he is a member in good standing of the Northeast Shooters Association.

I am a USAF veteran (76-80) and I hold a marksmanship ribbon with three oak leaf clusters. I served in the Wing Honor Guard and qualified on the SW 38 cal revolver that the Air Force had in service at that time. I own the same model weapon that I used in the AF. I have not fired it in over 20 years though.

But that is all a moot point now.

otasan is in the hospital with a brain injury resulting from a bicycle accident.
I pray that he will be able to recover fully and be able to participate in his hobby again someday. Your prayers for him are also appreciated.

Respectfully
Matthew B. Ota

Hello, I am a user that lives (for now) in Long Beach, California. My brother has posted here about 150 times (otasan), and I do believe he is a member in good standing of the Northeast Shooters Association.

I am a USAF veteran (76-80) and I hold a marksmanship ribbon with three oak leaf clusters. I served in the Wing Honor Guard and qualified on the SW 38 cal revolver that the Air Force had in service at that time. I own the same model weapon that I used in the AF. I have not fired it in over 20 years though.

But that is all a moot point now.

otasan is in the hospital with a brain injury resulting from a bicycle accident.
I pray that he will be able to recover fully and be able to participate in his hobby again someday. Your prayers for him are also appreciated.

Respectfully
Matthew B. Ota

Hello Matthew - thanks for your service.

Please send our prayers and good thoughts to your brother from the folks at NES.

Respectfully
Matthew B. Ota

While I don't know your brother, my best wishes and prayers to your family and brother.

Back
Top Bottom