New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello, I am a user that lives (for now) in Long Beach, California. My brother has posted here about 150 times (otasan), and I do believe he is a member in good standing of the Northeast Shooters Association.
Respectfully
Matthew B. Ota

Welcome. I wish it were under more auspicious circumstances. Nonetheless.

Thank you

Thank you gentlemen. My brother is a lifelong pinshooter, expert marksman and always enjoys the comraderie and fraternity of his peers in the gun community.

My best wishes to you folks, especially the veterans...

Thank you gentlemen. My brother is a lifelong pinshooter, expert marksman and always enjoys the comraderie and fraternity of his peers in the gun community.
Matthew, I do know your brother and have shot against him - that man is amazingly fast! (he kept beating me out, too. [rolleyes])

I will be keeping your brother in my prayers and thoughts. Although I only got to shoot with him once, I enjoyed his company and even went and tracked down a copy of his book. (Yes, folks, Otasan literally wrote the (or at least, a) book on pinshooting.

Ross

Latest Noob

Hi everyone. Stumbled on this site looking for info on Tite Group across the street from the GOAL HQ.

I live in Worcester, under Herr Gemme's jurisdiction, but managed to get a Class A.

First purchase was a S&W Model 60 .357. A bit tricky at 25 yards and a jumper with .357s but fun at shorter distances shooting .38s. Solid personal defense weapon.

I also jumped on the M&P .40 bandwagon mainly because of the reasonable price, rebate, and free mags. I was aware of the trigger pull issue and had it smithed. Decent handgun IMO, just nothing special.

Did a FTF for a Browning Buckmark .22 plinker. A terrific practice gun though one of the mags was bent. Caused some frustrating stove pipe jams. Buck knife cleaned that up.

Just getting into trap and sporting clays. Haven't decided on a bird gun yet but I'm having a blast borrowing and trying out different models.

Happy to be here. I'll be lurking when I'm supposed to be working.

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!

Semper Fi. To be honest, I never even noticed this post or otherwise I would have checked in sooner. Been here for only a few months. I do more reading than posting, but anyway....I found this forum over at 1911forum.com. Am a big fan of 1911s. Live in Chelsea and have been handling firearms since I first joined the Corps back in '85. Got out in late '93. Am a Desert Storm vet (served with 4th MEB aboard USS Nassau).

New guy checking in. Waiting for FS to get my Sig P239 in. Then I gotta join MRA. Thats where I took my safety class.

Looking forward to being on here

Hi all,

I just found this site the other night as I was trying to find out information about Lynn and about getting my Class A/ALP license.

I actually took my NRA approved handgun safety course in 2006... I'm finally applying now. Better late than never [smile].

I'm 34, an owner of a 3 family, and for the most part a lifelong resident of Lynn. I took a 4 year hiatus to live in Worcester in order to earn a BS from WPI back in the late 90's.

Regards

Hi all,

I just found this site the other night as I was trying to find out information about Lynn and about getting my Class A/ALP license.

I actually took my NRA approved handgun safety course in 2006... I'm finally applying now. Better late than never [smile].

I'm 34, an owner of a 3 family, and for the most part a lifelong resident of Lynn. I took a 4 year hiatus to live in Worcester in order to earn a BS from WPI back in the late 90's.

Regards

I think everybody else is at the range, so I'll greet you!

Welcome aboard.

Greetings from new member

Hi Gents!
My name is Tom, I live in Cumberland, RI and I just recently found your board.
I have been a firearms enthusiast for most of my life, though with little proper training, so I have a lot to learn.
I rather avoid most forums for the usual reasons but the NES reputation and the guys they bring in (South Narc, Gomez, etc) have convinced me this is a good place to be.
I'll do my best to minimize asking dumb questions but normally I only open my mouth to switch feet so that's going to be tough.
Best regards,
Tom Sotis

Sigh... I found out, TWELVE DAYS after my brother's accident, that he cannot walk.

I am frustrated with having to use the telephone to get information on my brother, which is almost always second or third hand info.

I am not sure if he will ever be able to shoot again. This really sucks.

Sorry to hear of your brother Matthew - it is probably frustrating to not be there and see him. Try to think the best so that when you do see him, you will be feeling the best you can, and he will feel that from you. Glad you are joining our forum!

Welcome aboard, Robert. Come have fun with us.

glad to be here

Thank you gents for your warm welcome.
Matt, I am very sorry to hear about your brother and hope things go as well as they can go.
Tom

Sigh... I found out, TWELVE DAYS after my brother's accident, that he cannot walk.
Oh, man... Otasan is just NOT getting any breaks at all. He told me last year when we met at a pin shoot that he was just able to start to shoot again after an injury had him in rehab for 18 months - I think it was a shoulder injury, but I'm not sure.

Keep us posted, Matthew and let us know if there's anything we can do.

Ross

Mitchell is now in the Manchester NH VA Hospital. They will take care of him there. I have faith in the Veterans Administration.

He will require many months of intensive therapy to learn to walk again, and also to recover lost cognitive skills.

He will recover. He is tenacious. He will be back...

I am moving to NH at the end of this month. I am tired of the Left Coast, anyways

Back
Top Bottom