New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Welcome Clyde. I would have asked the same question. [wink]

That does make me feel better. I got a rash for putting it in public instead of a PM, which really didn't make sense to me. They kept saying he was an important and esteemed member and to question his integrity was unthinkable [rofl]. Seems I've heard those lines used before, how 'bout you?

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

I would have asked that, too, and I wouldn't have been subtle about it. Something like "Is your name John Rosenthal or Bob Ricker?" is probably what I'd have typed.

Anyway, welcome to the insanity.

HI everyone!

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, and hope to stay here for a while. Here are some facts about me: I was born and raised in Russia, live in the US since 1999, and am a Citizen since 2005. Yes, I am one of those people who come to the States without a penny in their packets and without a word spoken in English and make their wayall by themselves! [halfmast] I love animals and work with them (the four-legged of feathered creatures only! [wink]), also love the nature, traveling, hiking, meeting new people and many more. I am happily married with a very nice guy and own a sweet Doberman Pincher.
And... Since last Saturday, I am a proud handgun owner! This is the 9mm Russian Makarov pistol, and right now am in process of joining a gun club in Lincoln, RI. I had some shooting experience in my old country, and hope to have a lot more of it in America.
[party]

Welcome to NES and the USA, Yelena!

The only thing I'm curious about, though, is where do you find a 4-legged feathered creature? (you said "the four-legged of feathered creatures only!") I didn't think that there were many gryphons in New England! [wink]

Gryphon.gif

Howdy folks,
New to NES just thought I would say HI……. HI
I’m 44 been shooting since 75 learned to shoot at camp Timanous in Maine been shooting ever since
I went to the Colorado Schools of trades in 85 worked at Savage in Westfield MA., Smith &Wesson (Dept 05 hard fitting), and Dan Wesson in Monson at the old school house now I work of Orvis in Vermont
I work in the Information Service Department here

Welcome to NES and the USA, Yelena!

The only thing I'm curious about, though, is where do you find a 4-legged feathered creature? (you said "the four-legged of feathered creatures only!") I didn't think that there were many gryphons in New England! [wink]

Gryphon.gif

Hey, that's a mistake of course :) It should be "4-legged OR feathered"! I would
care for a Griffon, too, however![wink]

Good for you, Subtlesquid! Welcome to NES, and good luck in your quest for an LTC.

z0mbi, good on you, mate! Soon as I find one of your posts, you get a +1 for bringing another to the light.

Thanks! I've been talking about guns so much at work only two things could have possibly happened. Either they would fire me for being a potential crazy, or people would start listening. Thank god it was the latter.

One of our producers now also said he will be getting his LTC. He's not interested in guns, but he is interested in keeping his rights.

Hey, that's a mistake of course :) It should be "4-legged OR feathered"! I would care for a Griffon, too, however![wink]
What can I say? I have a sense of humor that's not merely twisted but actually sprained. [smile]
Thanks! I've been talking about guns so much at work only two things could have possibly happened. Either they would fire me for being a potential crazy, or people would start listening. Thank god it was the latter.
I was just talking with an admin in our Tulsa office about how I took my niece to a "shoot" this weekend. She said "I'm assuming that you mean photography", to which I replied, no, riflery. Turns out that she and her husband are big hunters... and she's busily figuring out which Appleseed Shoot she and her hubby can attend. Fortunately, our admin is as "crazy" as we are! [smile][smile][smile]

Lurking has gotten boring, so I figured it was time to register and say hi. I am still new to this (especially MA law which seems to be nearly bottomless), so if I ask a stupid question please forgive me in advance (you too Scrivener). I promise to search first though.

I grew up in Upstate NY where guns and hunting are a part of daily life, and moved to Boston for college where they are decidedly not a part of daily life. A couple of months ago I decided to get back into shooting since I haven't done any since I was in high school. I recently took a NRA basic pistol class and have applied for my LTC-A, luckily from what I understand Marlborough is de-facto shall-issue, they seem to still take their sweet time though, 3.5 weeks and counting since I applied.

I would say that I am probably just about as atypical as you can get for a shooter... I am a pacifist, have no interest in hunting, and am a former anti (let's call it an immature world view and the belief that the govt would fix everything for me, I have since grown up and learned differently). Basically I like to shoot holes in paper and make clay disks go away ;-). My day job is that of an Electrical Engineer, and when I get free time I practice Bonsai as well.

Hopefully I will be around for a while, and I look forward to participating on the boards!
~Droid

Hello everybody, I thought I would introduce myself to the group.
I'm Alex, I came to the North East from Montana to get my PHD in Developmental Psychology.
I have my MT permit, and now (as of today) received my Mass Non-Res LTC (FINALLY).
I will be spending June and July in Montana and hope to get to know those of you on this coast and this forum a little better.
Shooting is a hobby I picked up on my own recently, and I have really enjoy going to the range and practicing. I had been going out to Smith and Wesson for practice (due to the legal restraints of not being able to bring a gun into the state) and now I am hunting for a gun club in the Worcester area to join around August. I have heard that IDPA is quite fun and I may want to get involved in that soon.

See you around.

Alex

welcome-wave.gif
to ath817 and all the new folks.

I have my MT permit, and now (as of today) received my Mass Non-Res LTC (FINALLY).
I am truly surprised to learn that the Kommonwealth of Taxachusetts has such a thing. I must apply forthwith, before they change their minds. [smile]

Opportunities for field study in your chosen discipline abound here. (In the northeast, I mean [wink])

Yes, there are quite a few things to have a look at. I primarily look at the transition to working life & transition to adulthood in my research (Ages 18-25).

I am truly surprised to learn that the Kommonwealth of Taxachusetts has such a thing. I must apply forthwith, before they change their minds. [smile]

Thanks, I was quite excited to get one, as I can now (after a year here) bring a firearm into this state.
Just as a warning I believe new applicants must go through a Mass Certified Instructor (someone who has an NRA certification and gave the State Police $x).

Hi all, some friends got me back into shooing this his year, never was heavy into it but have owned a Marlin .22 and Mossberg 12g in the past. Something happened this year....In February I bought a Mossberg 802 .22cal Plinkster, started going to the range at least 1-2/week then I got the bug to get serious about shooting [smile] . I knew I needed better equipment. I purchased a Savage Mark II 22LR (NRA Edition #326) with bipod and a Bushnell 3-9x40 scope.....The Plinkster is traded for a Remington 597 basic model for my iron-sight work. I've applied to a club here in CT "Bell City Rifle Club" and plan to get my CMP qualification. I am waiting on my CT pistol permit, once that's in hand, I want a .22 pistol for traget use, either a S&W 22A or Ruger Mark III. I'm also interested Practical Shooting comp. ....
Anyway, happy to have found this forum, I'm looking forward to hanging out with some locals [cheers],. lots of good info here...so thanks and cya around

Wow look at all the new names -

Welcome to each one of you: PaiN, ath817, Droidicus and others.
Glad you all found us.

Hi, I was surfing around yesterday and came across this site. I just got back into shooting recently... after 10 years. I ran into a high school friend that told me about his hobbies and asked about mine, well, I worked an average of 85 hours a week and slept and watched TV when I was at home (poor existence). He got me thinking and so I went out and got my FID (Bridgewater wouldn't give me anything more--did something stupid when I was 19). I am going to buy a fly rod and try that this summer also- always wanted to try it.
I was supposed to join Wankinquoah Rod & Gun in Middleboro, MA but my wife was in labor with our daughter (1st child) on the day of the meeting so I won't be able to join until June. Until then I know of a place on the south shore where I can shoot skeet on public land.
ABOUT ME: Married; 32; work for NStar, the electric utility in Boston; grew up in Dedham; bought in Bridgewater in Jan 07
GUNS: not much, an old Ithaca my cousin gave me when I was 15 (kicks like a mule); an Ithaca 37 (jams constantly); Ruger 10/22 (hasn't been shot since we had to start renewing FIDs); and for my birthday I bought myself a Rem 870.

For those of you that haven't seen this skeet thrower, it is dynamite. One person operation, and with the spring not under any tension, you don't risk losing a fingertip. $120
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_95317_400004007_400000000_400004000_400-4-7

Hey Devo - welcome glad to see you getting back into the shooting community.

I don't have any recommendations for the South Shore but others here I am sure will chime in.

Enjoy the forum

another newbie

Hey all just joined these here boards a couple weeks ago. I've been involved with the shooting sports since I was a little lad, mostly hunting. I've been thinking recently about getting into some competitive shooting. I've also reaquired the 1911 bug!

Back
Top Bottom