New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

New Member Info

Hi all. I'm new to NEShooters (and to firearms in general). I'm going to be going for my license in May (in Medford, wish me luck), but have been to several ranges and have been working on precision shooting with rifles. In particular, I love the science and mechanics behind shooting and am looking forward to seeing the different results from different loads. I'm really excited about becoming a member at several ranges and learning more about the community.

So that's my introduction. Thanks!

Hello ShortyGirly,

Welcome and best of luck with LTC process.

This is a great forum with tons of good info. If your ever interesed in checking out Haverhill Rod and Club I would be more then happy to have you as a guest.

Hello,

I live in the MetroWest area of Boston. LTC pending. I'm interested in developing pistol proficiency and moving into Bullseye, perhaps.

I found the site by google and have been browsing for a while. I enjoy the discussions.

Guess I will save my equipment questions for another post.

UFO

hey UFO - love the username :)

Glad to have you here- great board with great people.

Look forward to having your in our conversations.

Shortey Girley, welcome aboard. Always nice to have new people, and to help them enjoy our sport.

UFO, cool name, (Unidentified Firing Object???)
Welcome to NES, hop right in and ask your questions. Equipment questions in the general or firearms catagory. Check out our "Gun Laws" section, and our "Off Topic" for various other subjects. Glad to have you with us.

Hello,

I live in the Salem,MA. I'm about to apply for my Class A, I would appreciate any advice.

I found the site from a link on My fraternity's forum

Hello,

I live in the Salem,MA.
Welcome, Kev! Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

I'm about to apply for my Class A, I would appreciate any advice.
Move to another town first? [wink] Either that, or talk to a lawyer. I seem to remember that Salem is a difficult town to get an ALP permit.

Hi guys I'm Nick - a lurker for a little while but the Harvard Appleseed has brought me out from the shadows. [wink]

It was great meeting those of you from here this past weekend. I'm excited at finding such a quality group of local shooters!

Hello people: I'm not new, been a member since 2005 been off line( new computer hardrive nightmare ). I've been thinking about a problem all of us Mass.residents have in relation to "Sportsmen Guide" and how they make us second class citizen's with all the restriction's they have on us!!! The most recent slap in the face was when they told me the reason that we (MA.residents) have all these restriction's is because of I quote" because of homeland security" what a crock. I've been talking to GOAL and Nancy Snow in patricular and she in turn is going to talk to Jim Wallace about a major boycott of them and I think maybe if other states( I mean they have around 40 restriction's for different states, cities and other local's) might also think about a boycott. STI is now going to stop doing business with their handguns in Calif.so maybe this way through boycott's and other means we can make these companies see their errors!! Joe Landers

Hi all, I've been lurking for a while now. I've always been friendly to gun ownership, and enjoyed going to the range many times, but I didn't pay the issue much attention till z0mbi passed me an mp3 of the oral arguments in the Heller v DC gunban case. That prompted me to start learning about 2A, how it came to be and why it's important. Lurking on this board has been quite informative. So now that I can comment I'd just like to say thanks to everybody for maintaining such an enthusiastic community and for providing such helpful information for those of us trying to find our way in this place so hostile to our right to bear arms. Since we tend to lose those rights we don't defend I've joined GOAL and I'll be applying for my LTC soon.

Last edited:
Hi all, I've been lurking for a while now. I've always been friendly to gun ownership, and enjoyed going to the range many times, but I didn't pay the issue much attention till z0mbi passed me an mp3 of the oral arguments in the Heller v DC gunban case. That prompted me to start learning about 2A, how it came to be and why it's important. Lurking on this board has been quite informative. So now that I can comment I'd just like to say thanks to everybody for maintaining such an enthusiastic community and for providing such helpful information for those of us trying to find our way in this place so hostile to our right to bear arms. Since we tend to lose those rights we don't defend I've joined GOAL and I'll be applying for my LTC soon.

Welcome!!! Well said!! I'm a newbie as well. You will love it here, good people.

Blitz1

Good for you, Subtlesquid! Welcome to NES, and good luck in your quest for an LTC.

z0mbi, good on you, mate! Soon as I find one of your posts, you get a +1 for bringing another to the light.

Hi folks.

I used to come here frequently and lurk without becoming a member when I lived in the PRK. I notice how similar the laws in some of the NE states are to CA, especially MA and felt a kindred spirit.

I have since moved to a free society, with unfettered access to guns, ammo, and carry rights, and I must say, it feels good to live in liberty again.

Nevertheless, I'm drawn to those oppressed, and attempt to do my part from the outside in now, especially now that I've tasted the freedom I haven't had in 21 years of living in CA.

I just got banned from Calguns.net because I asked a member why he contributed to Barack Obama's campaign. Needless to say, it didn't go over well LOL.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Back
Top Bottom