New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi to all the new folks. Hope you enjoy and help share your knowledge or questions for the forum. We are a community of all kinds of folks from young to old.

MrReynolds, I liked the look of your web site. I'll visit it again later. You'll like Connecticut gun laws.

Bill

My name is Tom and i just registered, although I've been referencing the sight for some time now. I own a number of modern firearms, But get the biggest kick (pun intended) deom my flint and percussion muzzleloaders: 1851 Colt Navy, 1858 Remington New Army revolvers, flint and percussion Hawken style long arms, a Brown Bess and a flint kentucky. I've enjoyed the amount of info I've been able to glean from this forum; from opinions on shops to shooting tips.

another newbie/ not to be shat on however lol

Hey guys,

New member/poster here. Great site, I've already gotten a lot of good info.
I'm from the great prinicipality of MA, and from a town that I've heard can be difficult to get an LTC-A, I did, but it took some doing.
This site and GOAL helped me with understanding some of the hoops and ladders.[wink]

cya

ace57

My name's Jason and I've been lurking here for a few weeks. I've owned guns since I turned 21, because I didn't know I could get an FID card at 18 [shocked] I learned about this board from another shooter, but forget who it was. I have a membership at American Firearms School and like it despite the long drive. Although I'm generally an introvert, I like group shoots and plan to become a member soon.

hi all. The names Ryan, I'm 18 years old and have been shooting since i was 5. Mostly .22 and stuff. I came to the forum initially looking to find a gun club near my house to join, I live in the wakefield, lynnfield, reading area of Massachusetts.

Welcome to all the newbies! Nice to see some younger shooters here, too.

So Ryan... have you heard of the Appleseed Project? A weekend full of rifle training... and since you're under 21, you get to shoot free... see this thread for more details.

Found you via the web....

Just wanted to introduce myself. I completed the NRA basic pistol course in December 2007 and soon after, purchased my first handgun, a Buck Mark Camper. I inherited an S&W Model 36 (.38) and have added a Glock 26 to the fold. No one in my family, to my knowledge, has ever owned a gun. Last month, I joined the Smithfield Sportsman Club (RI) and plan to sharpen my skills, enjoy my new hobby and exercise my 2nd Amendment rights.

Auggie

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself.... The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour."
G. Washington (Address to 1st Congress)

No one in my family, to my knowledge, has ever owned a gun.
Welcome, Auggie!!

I think I know how you feel, as I, too, am the black sheep (or maybe that's black sheepdog!) of my family.

I'm busy corrupting the newest generation; I'm pleased to say that I've taught my niece and nephew to shoot... and will be shooting with them again on Patriots Day. So have faith, Auggie - maybe you're starting something! [smile]

Hi All,

Just checking in,, 35 years old, Male, Looking for information.. Think I found it all here !! You guys are great!!

Just found this site through the banner on the GOAL website and thought i'd say hi. I'm 26 and live in Marlborough, trying to find some time to take the basic pistol class at GOAL in Northborough. After that its back to the MPD to apply for a LTC.
Thanks for putting this info together and i'm sure you'll be seeing me around.

Hello, just found this site two nights ago after looking around decided to join. I am 24 live in Franklin, New Hampshire. I shoot at Pioneer Sportsmen club in Dunbarton, NH for firearm experience I assist in RO'ing alot of the matches there. I have met a lot of really nice people by doing so. I have been shooting for awhile, getting better at it. My original focus was IDPA and Steel Challenge, that now has expanded in to Long Range percision shooting.

Hello from a Missouri Gal!!

Hello to everyone!! My name is Terry and I live in SW Missouri. I found this forum after a link of a thread (Quite the Gal) posted by 6hold was forwarded to me about me, hmm that is a mouth full!! Thanks 6hold for posting the story, I had not seen it before that!! I hope that it inspires others to reach out and safely share our sport whichever your choice is with a kid or adult!! I think turkey hunting is my favorite, there is nothing like being there in the morning when the woods come to life!! I like to shoot both guns and bow.

terry7.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I actually came across this site after lurking for a while at GlockTalk trying to figure out what the heck Ma laws were all about. I am a student, still over a year away until 21 and an LTC-A hopefully, but I recently took the course so i'm one step closer. I live in Ashburnham (where? in the woods) but go to Bridgewater State (college, not prison) and am headed down the LE path, graduating with a BS on Criminal Justice and a minor in Forensic Psychology.

Great Site!

Hello, just found this site two nights ago after looking around decided to join. I am 24 live in Franklin, New Hampshire. I shoot at Pioneer Sportsmen club in Dunbarton, NH for firearm experience I assist in RO'ing alot of the matches there. I have met a lot of really nice people by doing so. I have been shooting for awhile, getting better at it. My original focus was IDPA and Steel Challenge, that now has expanded in to Long Range percision shooting.

Welcome neighbor! Live in Northfield. Ever shoot at Belmont Firearms & Range?

Hello from central MA

Hello all!

Great forum you have here. I just discovered it from a link on the GOAL website.

Anyway I'm in Milford and have been shooting since I was young but never got my LTC, various reasons, laziness [rolleyes] among other things (I've always been big into unarmed self defense) But now I am going to do it after working on the GF for several years (Read Lisa and Bart Simpson)

The information on this forum is great and I would like to thank you all for sharing your wealth of knowledge.

I've always had a love for firearms and finally I will have some of my own.

Thanks Everybody,

Blitz1

Back
Top Bottom