New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

I just registered, lurked for a bit after a friend told suggested I join when I was looking to sell a couple of my weapons ... Hi [wave] My name is John and my latest addiction is 1911's and ammo ...

Welcome John,

Many share your same addictions - lol. Enjoy the site

Hi all! Freshly gone green member here. USMC Vet, been shooting/around guns since early teens. Found NES in google searches where i found a lot of info i was looking for. Looking forward to surfing daily at the desk, chiming in and maybe meeting some of you. Thanks!

Hi everyone. The name's Jason, and I decided to register and get to know the community. I've been lurking for a while and am very appreciative of the great information provided by the members. So much so, that my check is in the mail to become a green member. Born and raised in Mass, and planning to move to the Free State of New Hampshire as soon as I can. Not just for gun rights, but many other liberty issues. Massachusetts was once a great state, but it's clear that freedom is waning here. Time to help New Hampshire defend itself from being overrun.

Finally got around to getting my LTC almost two years ago. Got my pistol soon thereafter. And since one is none, she has a couple of friends [smile]. And I think by now several politicians in this state at least know my name from all the letters and emails I've sent.

Life member GOA, on the EPL program for NRA, member of GOAL - and will upgrade to Life Member, and Life Member of SAF.

Hi all! Freshly gone green member here. USMC Vet, been shooting/around guns since early teens. Found NES in google searches where i found a lot of info i was looking for. Looking forward to surfing daily at the desk, chiming in and maybe meeting some of you. Thanks!
Hello and welcome SgtNash,

Thank you very much for your service! Awesome to have you here. Looking forward to seeing you in the discussions. I too am a daily desk surfer.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everyone. The name's Jason, and I decided to register and get to know the community. I've been lurking for a while and am very appreciative of the great information provided by the members. So much so, that my check is in the mail to become a green member. Born and raised in Mass, and planning to move to the Free State of New Hampshire as soon as I can. Not just for gun rights, but many other liberty issues. Massachusetts was once a great state, but it's clear that freedom is waning here. Time to help New Hampshire defend itself from being overrun.

Finally got around to getting my LTC almost two years ago. Got my pistol soon thereafter. And since one is none, she has a couple of friends [smile]. And I think by now several politicians in this state at least know my name from all the letters and emails I've sent.

Life member GOA, on the EPL program for NRA, member of GOAL - and will upgrade to Life Member, and Life Member of SAF.

Happy to have you Jason,

Thanks for going green in support as well. I too dream of leaving MA but for now I am stuck in the shite ;0

Morning,

Name is Dan. Just recently moved to the NE (Vermont) and found NES (gotta have a local gun forum). I am a Staff Sergeant (E-6) in the Army National Guard and a Service Connected Disabled Veteran (Afghan Campaign). Gun nut and Mil/Civ firearm instructor.

Looking forward to learning the lay of the land around here and meeting fellow firearm enthusiasts.

Morning,

Name is Dan. Just recently moved to the NE (Vermont) and found NES (gotta have a local gun forum). I am a Staff Sergeant (E-6) in the Army National Guard and a Service Connected Disabled Veteran (Afghan Campaign). Gun nut and Mil/Civ firearm instructor.

Looking forward to learning the lay of the land around here and meeting fellow firearm enthusiasts.

Excellent to have you Dan,

Thank you for your service. Your in good company of nuts here :) Enjoy!

Good evening,

My name is Warren. I've been reading this forum for the last few months after patiently waiting for my license. I just received it last week (1 week short of 3 months). For my first purchase, I bought a Sig P226 earlier this week. Haven't had a chance yet to shoot with it, but hoping I can find some target ammo soon for the 9mm and then learn to shoot with it. This is my first time owning a firearm, so hoping to become a decent marksman in the near future with plenty of practice.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all their knowledge I've gained over the last few months reading the forum.

Thanks!

Good evening,

My name is Warren. I've been reading this forum for the last few months after patiently waiting for my license. I just received it last week (1 week short of 3 months). For my first purchase, I bought a Sig P226 earlier this week. Haven't had a chance yet to shoot with it, but hoping I can find some target ammo soon for the 9mm and then learn to shoot with it. This is my first time owning a firearm, so hoping to become a decent marksman in the near future with plenty of practice.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all their knowledge I've gained over the last few months reading the forum.

Thanks!

Welcome Warren,

Happy to hear you finally got your license issued and could join the world of firearm ownership. You chose a great gun in a Sig. Have you had any firearms training - live firing? I suggest that for any new shooter, even a friend that has more experience can be a great help the first few times out to the range. Just don't learn any bad habits!! haha See you in the discussions and who knows maybe out at the range... have you decided on a club?

Welcome Warren,

Happy to hear you finally got your license issued and could join the world of firearm ownership. You chose a great gun in a Sig. Have you had any firearms training - live firing? I suggest that for any new shooter, even a friend that has more experience can be a great help the first few times out to the range. Just don't learn any bad habits!! haha See you in the discussions and who knows maybe out at the range... have you decided on a club?

Thanks for the welcoming! I'm by no means an expert, but I've shot a few times in the past. I took an excellent class from Lawrence Rod & Gun Club "NRA: Personal Protection in the Home." Chuck and a few other instructors provided a great class that allowed us live firing and training at the end of the session with a few firearms.

As for the club to join, I'm considering two nearby. Lawrence Rod & Gun Club or the Andover Sportman's Club. Any recommendations from any folks? Also, to minimize bad habits, I'm considering complimenting my range training with Laserlyte. I've heard this can help with reducing flinching, and focus on a consistent trigger pull.

Thanks again!

Hello and good morning, my name is Rich, moved to MA in '08, grew up shooting in NJ and NYS. Prior service Army Line Dog, 82nd, 1/508 & 3/505 back in the 80's, ( a shout out to my AIRBORNE Brothers of the Silk ) - found NES through a fellow firearms enthusiast. This is an excellent group because guns are tools, works of art, weapons of defense, things that are only for us and for those who wish to join us. Thanks.

Practice makes perfect, lasers are good, cheap 22 and ammo is better :) Just pick a club wisely for the needs you may have. If traveling is not a problem I always recommend looking all over. I travel 40 minutes to my club because it offers the most. HSC

Hello and good morning, my name is Rich, moved to MA in '08, grew up shooting in NJ and NYS. Prior service Army Line Dog, 82nd, 1/508 & 3/505 back in the 80's, ( a shout out to my AIRBORNE Brothers of the Silk ) - found NES through a fellow firearms enthusiast. This is an excellent group because guns are tools, works of art, weapons of defense, things that are only for us and for those who wish to join us. Thanks.

Thank you for your service Rich!
Glad your already getting your feet wet and joined green.
Enjoy the site

I'm from Woburn, MA and just started getting into firearms a few years ago. In the past few months I've gotten interested in shooting trap and am looking for a decent shotgun. This website seems to be great resource for those into firearms and general, and I look forward to being part of the group!

Hey guys. My name is Jim and after months of lurking, I finally joined. Got my unrestricted LTC A in February of this year and so far, picked up a Sig P226 .40 for HD and a S&W 15-22 for plinking. This is getting addicting!

I'm from Woburn, MA and just started getting into firearms a few years ago. In the past few months I've gotten interested in shooting trap and am looking for a decent shotgun. This website seems to be great resource for those into firearms and general, and I look forward to being part of the group!

Hello rokkinlen,

I work right in Woburn and am a member at Mass Rifle. You joining up at a club yet? Glad you found the forum it really is the best dam gun forum around. Enjoy it and enjoy the hobby.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys. My name is Jim and after months of lurking, I finally joined. Got my unrestricted LTC A in February of this year and so far, picked up a Sig P226 .40 for HD and a S&W 15-22 for plinking. This is getting addicting!

Welcome Jim,

It is addicting and expensive!! At least you got the .22 going to keep the cost down. Happy to know your enjoying the site and doing plenty of shooting. Hope to see you in the discussions or at the range.

Hey Folks,
New member here. Name is Morgan, life long MA resident, been a 2A and CCW advocate ever since I obtained my LTC-A, and opened myself up to the world of firearms... Awesome to finally be a part of, and contribute to, a local group of like-minded people.

Looking forward to learning from all of you, and gaining some perspectives on guns, gear, training, and anything else!

Hi everyone! I've been hiding in the shadows for a while, and after seeing the knowledge and enthusiasm for gun (obsessed) owners such as myself I decided to join! My name is Josh and I'm in western Ma. I've been shooting for around 15 years now and have a LTC class A unrestricted. Last year I started reloading and let's just say I think that turned into more of an obsession than the gun collection! I'm excited to be involved with other firearm enthusiasts!

Hey Folks,
New member here. Name is Morgan, life long MA resident, been a 2A and CCW advocate ever since I obtained my LTC-A, and opened myself up to the world of firearms... Awesome to finally be a part of, and contribute to, a local group of like-minded people.

Looking forward to learning from all of you, and gaining some perspectives on guns, gear, training, and anything else!

Hey Morgan,

Thanks for the introduction and going green in support of the forum. Are you a member of a local club/range?
Hope to see you more in the threads in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everyone! I've been hiding in the shadows for a while, and after seeing the knowledge and enthusiasm for gun (obsessed) owners such as myself I decided to join! My name is Josh and I'm in western Ma. I've been shooting for around 15 years now and have a LTC class A unrestricted. Last year I started reloading and let's just say I think that turned into more of an obsession than the gun collection! I'm excited to be involved with other firearm enthusiasts!

Hello Josh,

Your in good company here :) Glad to hear your enjoying your time on the forum. I hope you will help contribute to the good fight by supporting organizations like GOAL, COMM2A, GOA, etc.

Hey Morgan,

Thanks for the introduction and going green in support of the forum. Are you a member of a local club/range?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm looking into Harvard, but still have some research to do.... Looking for 24hr access, and outdoor pistol range to practice concealed carry draw/fire and movement drills... Looks like a lot of good info on the forum about that, so I'm sure I'll find my place!

Hey Morgan,

- - - Updated - - -

I'm looking into Harvard, but still have some research to do.... Looking for 24hr access, and outdoor pistol range to practice concealed carry draw/fire and movement drills... Looks like a lot of good info on the forum about that, so I'm sure I'll find my place!

Yes Harvard offers all those things and more, best of luck on your search for a good home.

I'm Nick and I'm from Newburyport. I have my unrestricted Class A LTC and my New Hampshire conceal carry permit. I've used this forum for a ton of research and finally decided to join.

Hello everyone,

Im newly signed up and new to the hobby. After many years of looking for the time to get some training, i finally found a way to a range with a buddy of mine (also a member of this forum). We spent a few hours letting off a few rounds and I had a blast. I'm hooked!

That's the extent of my experience so far, but I'm eager to learn and practice some more!

Hi Everyone, my name is Curt and I live in beautiful Portsmouth, NH. Let's see, I grew up in Maine hunting the Northern Maine woods...it's A LOT easier finding and taking deer here even though they are half the size. I grew up shooting .30-30s, .22 and 12 gauge but now I have dozens of pistols and ARs. I'm a huge fan of Walther, German SIG Sauers, and CZ. The gun I shoot best is a Walther PPQ M2, even though I have a couple of higher end 1911s and SIG X Series. My EDC is a Walther P99c (was a Glock 26 a month ago, P99c is just so much better) or an old S&W Model 60 in .38. I think it's pretty cool there's this much traffic on a site located where we are. When I talk to friends that live in the south or out west they think nobody shoots in New England. Hell yeah we do!

I have been an MRA member for a year and a half or so. I don't get to the range nearly as much as I'd like to - my main excuses being my two young kids and the price of ammo. I was in the .22 pistol league last year which was fun, but I wasn't that good, and I just dont have the time this year. Were you able to make it to the fun shoot today? I had a blast last year, but couldn't make it this year.

Oops, I meant to reply with quote to Dirtypacman, but I hit the wrong button.[thinking]

Last edited:
Hi all. I'm Greg Halliday from Holmdel, NJ. I'm originally from southern New Hampshire and transplanted to NJ a few years ago. My interests lay mostly with 2nd amendment issues, I am a member of NJ2AS, and am an advocate of both open, and concealed carry as a birth right of all good law abiding Americans. I also like fly fishing for anything that will take a fly, skiing, and did I mention the birth right to carry a firearm to all good law abiding Americans?

Back
Top Bottom