New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi….My name is Tom. Life long Mass resident and new to the shooting community. Have LTC-A non restricted and a member of Braintree Rifle and Pistol. Glad I found NES and will be going green shortly.

Hi All. Don P here. I live in the Merrimack Valley. Have LTC-A non restricted and just completed the Hunters Education Program. Now all I need is a gun and a place to practice. Will be joining a club soon and look forward to participating in this forum. Went green today!!

Hi All. Don P here. I live in the Merrimack Valley. Have LTC-A non restricted and just completed the Hunters Education Program. Now all I need is a gun and a place to practice. Will be joining a club soon and look forward to participating in this forum. Went green today!!

Welcome and congrats on the green thing

Hey all , John here from the North Shore. I've had my LTC for about 10 yrs and just now in the process of buying my first handgun. Not a lot of shooting experience , shot mostly .22 , 9 mm and 38 all handgun never shot a rifle or shotgun... I'll be around lurkin and learnin... Thanks

Just saw this new person thread. Name is Mike, originally from PA but been in MA for about 7 years, have an unrestricted class A issued by Cambridge (!) and it was easier to get than I expected. Been googling a lot the past few years and always seemed to land here so I decided to join. I'm mostly a pistol guy, but it won't be long until my friends get me into rifles and shotguns, I'm resisting for now solely for financial reasons. My good friend and I belong to MRA, you can always find us being nice guys by offering to sweep your brass for you (unless you want to keep it of course) then we reload it in our basement. We constantly talk about our "next gun" (we both seem to have 30 "next guns") while we watch our wives roll their eyes. I carry a Kahr K9 in a remora iwb holster (that nice pretty girl on youtube really convinced me you can have a sticky iwb without any issues and I now agree!) and I love the Kahr trigger...I know the trigger is long and not popular with those who prefer some tension at the end, but for me it works well with the whole "let it surprise you" thing. I appreciate precision engineering and think Sig makes some of the finest pistols out there. My 226 combat is my baby. Trying to get my old man to give up his fathers .38 colt service pistol, which I'm told had those same precision engineering characteristics of its day, guess it runs in the family. My other passion is flying airplanes, and I'm looking for a nice grass landing strip in VT where I can take some friends, a few dogs, and combine my love for flying with shooting some guns in the woods. Hell, if you have a big back yard I'll take it! I also tend to talk too much so on that note, I'll stop typing. -Mike

Hello Everyone, I'm Alex. Im currently a student down in Charleston, SC but permanent residence in MA. I have my LTC-A non restricted and going to take a few more classes with MFS and some other places.

Hi,
My name is Robin, Rob for short. I live just south of the lakes region in NH, i was reffered over here by a co worker named Dennis at GE. My fire arms experience is in the marksman area, that's how i've ranked at the IDPA shoots that i've done, i do my own reloading for handgun ammo and i'm working towards doing it for rifle as well.

I'm Nick and I'm from Newburyport. I have my unrestricted Class A LTC and my New Hampshire conceal carry permit. I've used this forum for a ton of research and finally decided to join.

Welcome Nick,

That's my hometown and enjoyed it there. Welcome to the board.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello everyone,

Im newly signed up and new to the hobby. After many years of looking for the time to get some training, i finally found a way to a range with a buddy of mine (also a member of this forum). We spent a few hours letting off a few rounds and I had a blast. I'm hooked!

That's the extent of my experience so far, but I'm eager to learn and practice some more!

Glad to have another MaMonk,

Even happier your getting interested and active. Get that training and continue to enjoy the sport and forum.

Hi Everyone, my name is Curt and I live in beautiful Portsmouth, NH. Let's see, I grew up in Maine hunting the Northern Maine woods...it's A LOT easier finding and taking deer here even though they are half the size. I grew up shooting .30-30s, .22 and 12 gauge but now I have dozens of pistols and ARs. I'm a huge fan of Walther, German SIG Sauers, and CZ. The gun I shoot best is a Walther PPQ M2, even though I have a couple of higher end 1911s and SIG X Series. My EDC is a Walther P99c (was a Glock 26 a month ago, P99c is just so much better) or an old S&W Model 60 in .38. I think it's pretty cool there's this much traffic on a site located where we are. When I talk to friends that live in the south or out west they think nobody shoots in New England. Hell yeah we do!

Hello Curt,

Another nice town to live in. Love Portsmouth. YEs there are plenty of shooters and it takes a good forum like this to connect so many together. Of course a good club has the same feel but not the same reach. Glad you joined us here.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been an MRA member for a year and a half or so. I don't get to the range nearly as much as I'd like to - my main excuses being my two young kids and the price of ammo. I was in the .22 pistol league last year which was fun, but I wasn't that good, and I just dont have the time this year. Were you able to make it to the fun shoot today? I had a blast last year, but couldn't make it this year.

Oops, I meant to reply with quote to Dirtypacman, but I hit the wrong button.[thinking]

I am a member at Mass Rifle Association as well although inactive I think I have shot there 4-5 times now. Just so close to my work I had to join and that reminds me I have to pay the years due by Dec. Anyhow maybe we can shoot some time we both could use the practice haha

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all. I'm Greg Halliday from Holmdel, NJ. I'm originally from southern New Hampshire and transplanted to NJ a few years ago. My interests lay mostly with 2nd amendment issues, I am a member of NJ2AS, and am an advocate of both open, and concealed carry as a birth right of all good law abiding Americans. I also like fly fishing for anything that will take a fly, skiing, and did I mention the birth right to carry a firearm to all good law abiding Americans?

Hey Greg,

Thanks for being a supporter for the Pro-2nd issues. We need as many was we can in the good fight. Enjoy the time on the forum.

Hi….My name is Tom. Life long Mass resident and new to the shooting community. Have LTC-A non restricted and a member of Braintree Rifle and Pistol. Glad I found NES and will be going green shortly.

Welcome Tom,

Glad to have you Tom. Going green in membership has great benefits and many good supporters do. Thanks in advance in supporting the forum. Hope to see you in the discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Great work in joining the crowd here Don. Happy to see another local member and good on you getting the Hunters Ed completed. Biggest question what are you waiting for ..go get yourself something to shoot!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey all , John here from the North Shore. I've had my LTC for about 10 yrs and just now in the process of buying my first handgun. Not a lot of shooting experience , shot mostly .22 , 9 mm and 38 all handgun never shot a rifle or shotgun... I'll be around lurkin and learnin... Thanks

Welcome to NES John,

Nothing wrong with learning, always something to make you better. Enjoy your time on the site.

Just saw this new person thread. Name is Mike, originally from PA but been in MA for about 7 years, have an unrestricted class A issued by Cambridge (!) and it was easier to get than I expected. Been googling a lot the past few years and always seemed to land here so I decided to join. I'm mostly a pistol guy, but it won't be long until my friends get me into rifles and shotguns, I'm resisting for now solely for financial reasons. My good friend and I belong to MRA, you can always find us being nice guys by offering to sweep your brass for you (unless you want to keep it of course) then we reload it in our basement. We constantly talk about our "next gun" (we both seem to have 30 "next guns") while we watch our wives roll their eyes. I carry a Kahr K9 in a remora iwb holster (that nice pretty girl on youtube really convinced me you can have a sticky iwb without any issues and I now agree!) and I love the Kahr trigger...I know the trigger is long and not popular with those who prefer some tension at the end, but for me it works well with the whole "let it surprise you" thing. I appreciate precision engineering and think Sig makes some of the finest pistols out there. My 226 combat is my baby. Trying to get my old man to give up his fathers .38 colt service pistol, which I'm told had those same precision engineering characteristics of its day, guess it runs in the family. My other passion is flying airplanes, and I'm looking for a nice grass landing strip in VT where I can take some friends, a few dogs, and combine my love for flying with shooting some guns in the woods. Hell, if you have a big back yard I'll take it! I also tend to talk too much so on that note, I'll stop typing. -Mike

Hahah Mike quite an introduction. Happy you decided to share with us and even happier you went green to help support the forum. I think you will find many here with similar stories to share. Look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Everyone, I'm Alex. Im currently a student down in Charleston, SC but permanent residence in MA. I have my LTC-A non restricted and going to take a few more classes with MFS and some other places.

I kind of like SC more then MA :) Welcome to the forum. Enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
My name is Robin, Rob for short. I live just south of the lakes region in NH, i was reffered over here by a co worker named Dennis at GE. My fire arms experience is in the marksman area, that's how i've ranked at the IDPA shoots that i've done, i do my own reloading for handgun ammo and i'm working towards doing it for rifle as well.

Awesome to have you here Rob. I love when other members send a friend over. Sounds like you have some experience too which is always good. Enjoy

Just wanted to check in and say hi since I just went green last week. I’m Bill and living in Cambridge. I got my license about a year or so ago after re-connecting with an old friend who is an instructor. As another post stated it seems like all searches end at NES, so here I am. There is a great amount of knowledge and humor which I enjoy both of.

Hi All,

Been registered on the site since July, but just recently upped to full membership. I really appreciate the fact that this venue exists. I live in east boston.

Just wanted to check in and say hi since I just went green last week. I’m Bill and living in Cambridge. I got my license about a year or so ago after re-connecting with an old friend who is an instructor. As another post stated it seems like all searches end at NES, so here I am. There is a great amount of knowledge and humor which I enjoy both of.
Hello Bill,

Glad to see your enjoying the site enough to go green. It is a fine group and plenty of characters. Continue to enjoy it and hope to see you in the discussions.

Also any new member/shooter please consider helping the good fight by supporting GOAL, COMM2A, GOA, Etc. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,

Been registered on the site since July, but just recently upped to full membership. I really appreciate the fact that this venue exists. I live in east boston.

Hello jhagen,

I too am very happy this site exists thanks for going green in support.

Hi, I'm Kristopher. I'm originally from Tennessee, but am now living on the north shore. I grew up with guns and did a ton of competitive shooting in my teens and 20's. I moved up here about eight years ago and am starting to get back into shooting. My wife and I are in the process of joining the cape Ann sportsmans club in Gloucester.

Kristopher

Hi, I'm Kristopher. I'm originally from Tennessee, but am now living on the north shore. I grew up with guns and did a ton of competitive shooting in my teens and 20's. I moved up here about eight years ago and am starting to get back into shooting. My wife and I are in the process of joining the cape Ann sportsmans club in Gloucester.

Kristopher

Hello Kristopher,

Glad your enjoying the sport and becoming more active. Very cool your wife joins in as well. Hope you enjoy the new club and hope to shoot with you sometime. I fell inactive this year but may pick it up again as time allows.

Hi , I'm Pete . I live in Plymouth Ma , Army Vet . Still waiting for my LTC , It been 3 months since i put my Application in . Looks like i might have to wait another 3 months before it get it in hand . Love the site Lots of good info here .

Hi , I'm Pete . I live in Plymouth Ma , Army Vet . Still waiting for my LTC , It been 3 months since i put my Application in . Looks like i might have to wait another 3 months before it get it in hand . Love the site Lots of good info here .

Happy to have you here Pete68,

Welcome and sorry to hear the wait. I am just getting to my renewal with about 4 month lead time on it. Hopefully it will come through before I get mine haha

howdy! I live in the foothills of the adirondacks in NY. I only shoot long guns and I love shotguns, milsurp C&R's and all types of muzzle loaders. I am working on getting a .58 caliber Enfield Caplock replica (made by Parker Hale). I was looking for info on my Mossberg on google and here I am, decided to join the community.
[h=1][/h]

howdy! I live in the foothills of the adirondacks in NY. I only shoot long guns and I love shotguns, milsurp C&R's and all types of muzzle loaders. I am working on getting a .58 caliber Enfield Caplock replica (made by Parker Hale). I was looking for info on my Mossberg on google and here I am, decided to join the community.
[h=1][/h]

Welcome GreenStreak,

Glad you came across the forum and decided to say hello. There are some members from NY here as well. Hope you can make yourself at home and join into the discussions. Enjoy

Gents, I have known Bill for over 25 years. He is a good American.

Hey guys, name is Paul, in Worcester area, new to the site, my instructor(Mike) highly recommended registering here for news and discussions.

Hey guys, name is Paul, in Worcester area, new to the site, my instructor(Mike) highly recommended registering here for news and discussions.

Another good American. Paul has come along way as a 2A supporter and is very active politically. I have been trying to get him on here for a while. I think he'll fit right in.

Back
Top Bottom