New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello everybody!
I was introduced to this great forum by my firearms instructor. He is also a member. I escaped from the communist army in 1984, crossed few borders illegally and finally landed in Boston with $20 in my pocket. I became a training instructor at Fort Devens, MA, and enjoyed every minute of it. Then I traveled around the world for few decades and learned a lot. I still have $20 in my pocket but everything else around me changed. I am U.S. citizen and I live in MA. It is still slightly better than the former Eastern Germany. You are free to cross borders to NH. I am NRA member and I joined this forum because I believe we need to protect our freedom while our rights are always under attack.

Hello everybody!
I was introduced to this great forum by my firearms instructor. He is also a member. I escaped from the communist army in 1984, crossed few borders illegally and finally landed in Boston with $20 in my pocket. I became a training instructor at Fort Devens, MA, and enjoyed every minute of it. Then I traveled around the world for few decades and learned a lot. I still have $20 in my pocket but everything else around me changed. I am U.S. citizen and I live in MA. It is still slightly better than the former Eastern Germany. You are free to cross borders to NH. I am NRA member and I joined this forum because I believe we need to protect our freedom while our rights are always under attack.

Welcome 10thSFFD,

Very happy you took the recommendation and ended up making an account here. Glad you were able to find your freedom in the states here. Congrats on becoming a citizen! Enjoy the forum and see you in the discussions.

Hey new guy here, my name is John live in Dracut, enjoy the sight very informative. I enjoy hunting, trap and skeet shooting,and have recently started doing some pistol shooting with my son who lives in Townsend. I've had an FID for the past 40yrs and recently went to renew and upgrade to LTC upon interview with PD firearms officer was told I had to take the course which I did, resubmitted my application and am awaiting the call for an interview. Looking at GOALS sight I see that Dracut is listed as a red town, I have a clean record so I'm hoping for the best. Anyone with experience in the town as to how the process takes place and the outcomes? Any advice and info would be much appreciated.

Hey new guy here, my name is John live in Dracut, enjoy the sight very informative. I enjoy hunting, trap and skeet shooting,and have recently started doing some pistol shooting with my son who lives in Townsend. I've had an FID for the past 40yrs and recently went to renew and upgrade to LTC upon interview with PD firearms officer was told I had to take the course which I did, resubmitted my application and am awaiting the call for an interview. Looking at GOALS sight I see that Dracut is listed as a red town, I have a clean record so I'm hoping for the best. Anyone with experience in the town as to how the process takes place and the outcomes? Any advice and info would be much appreciated.

Welcome John,

I can't speak to your licensing but I will say I wish you the best in getting your LTC. I too enjoy the sports and hobby of shooting although I am not much of a hunter. Glad to hear your shooting with your son that is a great thing. Where do you shoot if I may ask? Look forward to seeing you in the discussions here.

Welcome John,

I can't speak to your licensing but I will say I wish you the best in getting your LTC. I too enjoy the sports and hobby of shooting although I am not much of a hunter. Glad to hear your shooting with your son that is a great thing. Where do you shoot if I may ask? Look forward to seeing you in the discussions here.
Thanks for the reply. I used to shoot quite often at the Lowell Sportmans Club in Chelmsford, now (I'm getting along in yrs) occassionally at Lowell, Tyngsboro, Townsend, mostly in the summer months Lost my Dad a few yrs back and it hit me hard,he was a long time member at Lowell. I kind of lost interest after that but am glad to say I am getting back into shooting thanks to my son who has picked up on the pistol shooting, I never thought I would enjoy it but looking forward to getting my LTC(hopefully) and purchasing my own pistol.

Hello everyone,
I was referred to this forum by my brother who is living in MA. He said you all are a great bunch of guys that have a lot of good information and experience among you. I am prior army, out in 2009, currently working as a Loan Originator for VA and FHA loans for a company based out of Salt Lake City, and I recently moved to Utah from Arizona. I enjoy target shooting and hunting, hopefully will be looking to bag a moose or buffalo next year sometime. Also, I am developing an interest in long range tactical shooting competitions, but still need to generate the income to fund that addiction. Am looking forward to getting to know you all and participate in discussions.

Thanks for the reply. I used to shoot quite often at the Lowell Sportmans Club in Chelmsford, now (I'm getting along in yrs) occassionally at Lowell, Tyngsboro, Townsend, mostly in the summer months Lost my Dad a few yrs back and it hit me hard,he was a long time member at Lowell. I kind of lost interest after that but am glad to say I am getting back into shooting thanks to my son who has picked up on the pistol shooting, I never thought I would enjoy it but looking forward to getting my LTC(hopefully) and purchasing my own pistol.

That is awesome that you reconnected to the sport through your son. Sorry to hear of your loss of your father, he obviously performed his duty as a father well as you have shown by the relationship with your son. Keep up the good work and continue to enjoy yourself!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello everyone,
I was referred to this forum by my brother who is living in MA. He said you all are a great bunch of guys that have a lot of good information and experience among you. I am prior army, out in 2009, currently working as a Loan Originator for VA and FHA loans for a company based out of Salt Lake City, and I recently moved to Utah from Arizona. I enjoy target shooting and hunting, hopefully will be looking to bag a moose or buffalo next year sometime. Also, I am developing an interest in long range tactical shooting competitions, but still need to generate the income to fund that addiction. Am looking forward to getting to know you all and participate in discussions.

Hello Kswidner,

Thank you for your service, glad that you decided to come on over to the forum. Good luck on the moose or buffalo! And enjoy the forum

New guy from West Newbury. I lived in Roslindale since 1997 once I graduated from college. Always wanted my LTC but figured it was impossible. My family moved to WN a (green town) this summer and I immediately went to work to get my license. I grew up shooting with my father and brothers in Florida. They are avid hunters and I make a yearly trip south to connect with them at the camp. Keeps us all together. I look forward to joining a club on the north shore, meeting like minded folks and hopefully hunting next season. Thanks for all the great insight I've gathered here already. I appreciate the info.

Hey, I just stumbled upon this site and thought I'd register! Im a GREENHORN to owning guns, just got my FID recently and joined this forum solely for advice, but it seems that I could get a lot of information as well! Im from Newburyport MA and started shooting this past summer…fell in love with it. Im not a hunter, let the deer roam free. Im in the process of buying my first firearm-a shotgun for personal defense and recreation as well. Been doing a lot of research these days, and thought that all of the experienced shooters on this site could give me a hand! Proud to be here.

Hey, I just stumbled upon this site and thought I'd register! Im a GREENHORN to owning guns, just got my FID recently and joined this forum solely for advice, but it seems that I could get a lot of information as well! Im from Newburyport MA and started shooting this past summer…fell in love with it. Im not a hunter, let the deer roam free. Im in the process of buying my first firearm-a shotgun for personal defense and recreation as well. Been doing a lot of research these days, and thought that all of the experienced shooters on this site could give me a hand! Proud to be here.

Welcome aboard Young Gun! Hopefully you find this forum as useful as many of us have.

Welcome Lucky One. If you ever want to shoot at Lowell Sportsman Club, let me know and I'll have you and your son as a guest.

Hi, my name is Bob
New FFL dealer here. From New Durham NH. I am a home based FFL and have no inventory(at this point) But I have been ordering firearms for customers for a few months now. I can get you a firearm cheaper than just about anyone. I have no overhead, I am not out to rob ANYONE. If you aren't in a hurry and don't need a gun on the spot. I can get just about anything in less than two weeks. Before you throw your money out the window...Give me a call.... Bob's Gun Shop (603)998-4091 During the week I am appointment only..call anytime (any reasonable time) for a price on anything you are interested in..I hate MA laws, but I am willing to navigate those laws for those who live there too!

Hello all. I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself here in this thread before I begin posting. My name is Mark, and I live in North Chelmsford, MA. With limited firearms experience I got my Class A LTC about 4 1/2 years ago, the goal being home protection. I immediately went out and bought a trusty SW640. I've gone to the range with my father (yanici) a few times since then and have been interested in shooting more often recreationally. He advised me to sign up here, as it could be a good sounding board for inquiries, gun purchases, etc. I'm still pretty new to the world of owning guns, so I apologize in advance with my noobie questions.

Last edited:
Hey guys just registered and figured I'd intrroduce myself. I'm from Maine, haven't had a lot of time with guns, had my AR about a year and before that would shoot from time to time but my time and energy was spent working on cars. I have always enjoyed improving on a car not just repairing it, and have been a big beliver of building it based on how the driver will use it. So when it came time for a rifle the AR platforn was the natrual choice. I am very mechanical minded so the AR will be all about fine tuning for me. Because of this I didn't want to get a high end gun since I'd replace half of it anyway but didn't want to build from scratch before owning one and understanding it all. Now that I understand the basics and have had some time shooting mine looking to build one...or more, I will probably do a lot of lurking at first but hope to become a contributing member and paying member once I have learned a bit more. I randomly came across the site searching google for possible build parties in the area, look forard to being part of the community.

Welcome ARmechanic,

Glad you found the forum and happy you decided to join in and post up. Many people have experiences with builds of AR's here on the board. I am sure you will be in good company.
Hopefully you will continue to participate and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Hi! I'm currently a grad student at MIT, but grew up in Louisiana. I've been lurking on this site for a while and finally registered.

I did all sorts of shooting growing up... Everything from duck and dove hunting to clearing nuisance animals and a bit of pistol. I've had ARs for a while and find them mechanically fascinating. During the crisis at the beginning of the year, I grew frustrated trying to find magazines, so I started a company (Port City Armory) and began manufacturing my own in my hometown. We went through the 3D printing prototype phase before moving to injection molding tooling and actually beat defense distributed to a 30-round full-auto dump. We've had modest success, and they're now available at a bunch of online retailers (anyone who buys from Sports South).

Anyway, I thought I knew quite a bit about the platform before trying to build magazines. Now I know quite a bit about it. Too bad I can't have something I manufacture in most states around here.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm currently a grad student at MIT, but grew up in Louisiana. I've been lurking on this site for a while and finally registered.

I did all sorts of shooting growing up... Everything from duck and dove hunting to clearing nuisance animals and a bit of pistol. I've had ARs for a while and find them mechanically fascinating. During the crisis at the beginning of the year, I grew frustrated trying to find magazines, so I started a company (Port City Armory) and began manufacturing my own in my hometown. We went through the 3D printing prototype phase before moving to injection molding tooling and actually beat defense distributed to a 30-round full-auto dump. We've had modest success, and they're now available at a bunch of online retailers (anyone who buys from Sports South).

Anyway, I thought I knew quite a bit about the platform before trying to build magazines. Now I know quite a bit about it. Too bad I can't have something I manufacture in most states around here.

Hello and welcome Mangle,

Pretty interesting that your in the production of new magazines. Wish you the best in your business venture. Enjoy your time here on the forum. Hopefully you will become active here in the discussions.

Belated hi!

Never to late for a hello - welcome :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, new here another MA resident just starting shooting again after a long time with my oldest son.

Welcome watchman, glad to hear your picking up the hobby/sport again with your son. Nothing better then sharing it with family. Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Hola everyone!

Another hello to one of your newest members BoltThrower,

Glad to have you on board, hope you will make yourself known through the discussions. Enjoy the site.

Hi there. The name's Jon and I'm living in Rhode Island, but originally from the UK where our Bill of Rights to keep and bear arms is at the whim of police chiefs and politicians who do come for your guns!

I'd like to give a big thank you to Dianne Feinstein for making me so incensed that I found out that a mere Legal Permanent Resident like myself could enjoy the Second Amendment, and I have done so as often as my back pocket has allowed.

I'll be applying sometime in the future for an MA LTC so I can at least head over to MA without worrying that there may be a stray empty cartridge in my car.

Hi there. The name's Jon and I'm living in Rhode Island, but originally from the UK where our Bill of Rights to keep and bear arms is at the whim of police chiefs and politicians who do come for your guns!

I'd like to give a big thank you to Dianne Feinstein for making me so incensed that I found out that a mere Legal Permanent Resident like myself could enjoy the Second Amendment, and I have done so as often as my back pocket has allowed.

I'll be applying sometime in the future for an MA LTC so I can at least head over to MA without worrying that there may be a stray empty cartridge in my car.

Hello and welcome Jon,

I think Dianne does that to a lot of people haha! Hope your enjoying your time on the forum and wish you the best in the LTC process here in MA. Hope to see you active in some of the discussions here as well. Nice to get different viewpoints and I am sure you have some originating from the UK. Enjoy!

Hello. My name is Darrin from Lakeville, MA. I applied for an LTC A on November 16 as a new applicant. I had an FID for a few years from 1989 until the new laws caused it to expire. I spent 4 years in the Marine Corps from '93-'97 where I qualified "rifle expert" for the first 3 years then dropped to "sharp shooter" the last year in. I have been meaning to get my LTC for many years. Figured I'd better hurry up before the zombie apocalypse arrives.

Hello. My name is Darrin from Lakeville, MA. I applied for an LTC A on November 16 as a new applicant. I had an FID for a few years from 1989 until the new laws caused it to expire. I spent 4 years in the Marine Corps from '93-'97 where I qualified "rifle expert" for the first 3 years then dropped to "sharp shooter" the last year in. I have been meaning to get my LTC for many years. Figured I'd better hurry up before the zombie apocalypse arrives.

Hello and welcome Darrin,

Thank you for your service. Your in good company here and I hope you get through the LTC process smoothly. ENjoy the site and the sport.

Hi.
My name is Damien, I'm from Ireland but I live in Pelham, MA. I got my Class A LTC (no restrictions)around 3 months ago. I have a green card so the changing of the laws has been great for me.
I was in the Irish army both full-time and reserves for a total of 4 years. Used to do a little shooting when I lived down in Florida and want to get into it again up here in MA. Now I can! [smile]
This is a great resource with lots of awesome info.

Hello and welcome Damien,

Hope your enjoying your time in MA. Even more so I am glad you found NES to browse and join in the discussions. Glad to see you are active with a current license. That is awesome! See you in the discussions.

Back
Top Bottom