New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello:

My name is Chris and I’m from the Metrowest MA area. I’ve been a lurker here for a couple of years now, but joined the forum about a month ago.

My dad was a hunter years ago (mostly small game) and introduced me to firearm safety and shooting. I did a good amount of target shooting as a youngster, but hadn’t touched a gun in over 20 till fairly recently. After several visits to some of the local ranges, and getting myself organized, I took the required class and got my LTC this past spring (four month wait!).

I’m currently a member at MFS and have been trying out some different handguns to see what fits while doing my homework on MA law so I keep myself out of trouble. I’m also looking around for a club where I could shoot some long gun.

I’m very interested in getting more involved with what’s going on with our state government and the happenings in our legislature. I’m a bit concerned by what I’m reading and hearing.

My thanks to the folks on this forum for the information that is shared; it’s invaluable.

C

Hello,

I'm Sean from the Monadnock area of NH. I've been signed onto the board for a few years. I've been mostly a lurker but I have fallen out of the gun scene for a while now. The family and I went for a little hike a couple of weeks ago and it kind of re-sparked my interest in outdoors and shooting again. As I type, I'm dusting off the reloading bench and moving it from the basement into my shop. It sometimes feels like all I do is work. It'll feel good to have a hobby again!

I remembered about this board and thought it'd be a good idea to re-introduce myself.

Anyway, I hope to be able to contribute at least a little bit of useful opinion/information during my time here. Maybe eventually even get together with some of you from the area.

-Sean

Hey guys hey. My names Chris, I've been lurking around for a bit and thought I'd like to join. I've had my ltc-a for a little over a year now ( I'm 23) and currently own a glock 27, a sig 1911 and a saiga 223.

Hello and welcome Chris,

Glad you made an introduction. Are you a member of any local club?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello:

My name is Chris and I’m from the Metrowest MA area. I’ve been a lurker here for a couple of years now, but joined the forum about a month ago.

My dad was a hunter years ago (mostly small game) and introduced me to firearm safety and shooting. I did a good amount of target shooting as a youngster, but hadn’t touched a gun in over 20 till fairly recently. After several visits to some of the local ranges, and getting myself organized, I took the required class and got my LTC this past spring (four month wait!).

I’m currently a member at MFS and have been trying out some different handguns to see what fits while doing my homework on MA law so I keep myself out of trouble. I’m also looking around for a club where I could shoot some long gun.

I’m very interested in getting more involved with what’s going on with our state government and the happenings in our legislature. I’m a bit concerned by what I’m reading and hearing.

My thanks to the folks on this forum for the information that is shared; it’s invaluable.

C

Welcome Chris,

Glad to hear you want to become active in the good fight. May I suggest joining and supporting GOAL, COMM2A, GOA to start. You will find many threads on what to do to stay active.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

I'm Sean from the Monadnock area of NH. I've been signed onto the board for a few years. I've been mostly a lurker but I have fallen out of the gun scene for a while now. The family and I went for a little hike a couple of weeks ago and it kind of re-sparked my interest in outdoors and shooting again. As I type, I'm dusting off the reloading bench and moving it from the basement into my shop. It sometimes feels like all I do is work. It'll feel good to have a hobby again!

I remembered about this board and thought it'd be a good idea to re-introduce myself.

Anyway, I hope to be able to contribute at least a little bit of useful opinion/information during my time here. Maybe eventually even get together with some of you from the area.

-Sean

Hello Sean,

I like the area of Monadnock. Glad to see your getting back into the shooting sports. Enjoy

Hello to all,

I recently inherited some of my fathers collection, and have been trying to research the histories and values of the pieces. One of the pieces is Colt Service Ace that was my great grandfathers, and the power of the internet brought me to a thread here, so I thought I would join up and am in the process of catching up on the abundance of information in here.

Hello to all,

I recently inherited some of my fathers collection, and have been trying to research the histories and values of the pieces. One of the pieces is Colt Service Ace that was my great grandfathers, and the power of the internet brought me to a thread here, so I thought I would join up and am in the process of catching up on the abundance of information in here.

Welcome to the site Chico1856,

Something special to have firearms passed down through the years. Try and savor the history and treat them right.

Hi All,

I finally get my LTC :) I live in Brockton and my name is T.J. I found this site when I was looking for a gun to buy. Still looking at all as there is a lot of reading to do on it. I am also a ham and I see there is an area in here as well for Hams :)

Hello and welcome heretolearn,

Great place to learn and have some good discussions. Happy to hear you got your LTC recently. There is plenty of ham radio users as well, glad to have you.

What's going on everyone. My name is Bryan and after joining NES about a week ago, it has quickly become my favorite site. I am a Marine reservist with 6+ years of firearms experience. The guys I have met so far are extremely helpful and supportive and I am looking forward to meeting many of the members

What's going on everyone. My name is Bryan and after joining NES about a week ago, it has quickly become my favorite site. I am a Marine reservist with 6+ years of firearms experience. The guys I have met so far are extremely helpful and supportive and I am looking forward to meeting many of the members

Welcome to the site Bryan,

Happy you have been enjoying the site. Great group here - thank you for your time as a reservist! Continue to enjoy

Hello, my name is Holly, and I am from Maryland, I started shooting when I was a kid. I have an interest in historical firearms and modern sporting rifles, some claybird shooting and pistol shooting thrown in as well. A friend found this site while trying to find a jig to bend HK flats, I signed up intending to get in touch with a member about borrowing their jig. While waiting for moderator approval we found a guy on our local mdshooters.com forum, but this looks like a pretty good resource, and you all can sympathize with crazy knee jerk gun legistation that has no bearing or effect on making people safer. So when my account was approved I thought I should make an introduction.

Hello, my name is Holly, and I am from Maryland, I started shooting when I was a kid. I have an interest in historical firearms and modern sporting rifles, some claybird shooting and pistol shooting thrown in as well. A friend found this site while trying to find a jig to bend HK flats, I signed up intending to get in touch with a member about borrowing their jig. While waiting for moderator approval we found a guy on our local mdshooters.com forum, but this looks like a pretty good resource, and you all can sympathize with crazy knee jerk gun legistation that has no bearing or effect on making people safer. So when my account was approved I thought I should make an introduction.

Hello Holly,

Glad you stuck around an decided to make an introduction. We are glad to have another addition to the forum. Plenty of builds posted here on the site - Boris's AK Shovel taking the cake in most people's opinion. Hope you enjoy the site and get into the discussions.

What's up everybody.
New guy here from Woburn. Was an 03 marine back from 96- 2001 on camp lejune. Also a crewserve weapons instructor of POGS. Recently became a first time dad. Just got my LTC early August and getting back into gunning and shooting.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site 60 mike mike. ,

Thank you for your service! We are glad to have you on board here. Congrats on the little one as well. I work right in Woburn you a member of a local club? Enjoy the site

Hey thank you Pac-Man.
I am up in North Woburn and I am very close to the Club off Salem Street. I have not yet joined or checked out the club but I do plan on doing so very soon. It's really hard to find practice ammo, so I really can't go shooting yet anyways. Do They supply practice ammo at Said Club? I will make an appointment probably to check it out next Sunday. I also work right in Woburn on Washington Street. The site is great I'm learning a lot about complicated laws in the state. Coming from North Carolina is a whole different world trust me.

Hey thank you Pac-Man.
I am up in North Woburn and I am very close to the Club off Salem Street. I have not yet joined or checked out the club but I do plan on doing so very soon. It's really hard to find practice ammo, so I really can't go shooting yet anyways. Do They supply practice ammo at Said Club? I will make an appointment probably to check it out next Sunday. I also work right in Woburn on Washington Street. The site is great I'm learning a lot about complicated laws in the state. Coming from North Carolina is a whole different world trust me.

My pleasure, yes I am a member at Mass Rifle Assoc. they do not sell ammo there but Four Seasons is the local shop for that. Hope you continue to enjoy the site

Hi my name is Roger and I'm new to NES. My wife and I just took our MA safety course and are in the process of filling out our town app. We are in a green town and looking to get an unrestricted. A buddy of mine told me about this forum and we look forward to utilizing it going forward in this new adventure.

Hello all. Tim here, aka CWO4USCGRET (retired Coast Guard Chief Warrant Officer) and currently a federal leo on the US-Canada border. I collect firearms and am an avid shooter.

I found the link to your website because of EddieCoyle's excellent Vintagepistols.com website. I just bought a 1915 made Savage 1907 .32 acp from JoeSalter.com and began to look for info about it. The gun came with a factory letter dated 2007.

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!

Hi, my name is Rob, I am returning to shooting sports after a long absence. Had a MA gun permit from the mid 80s to late 90s until the law changed and it expired. Back then I mostly hunted ducks and did a little upland wingshooting and some pistol target practice. My brother took me to the Green Mountain Shooting Preserve last fall and we did some Pheasant hunting and some clay targets. Got the bug again and took a firearms safety course. Just applied for my LTC A and waiting for it now. Found this site while trying to research local gun clubs. I live very close to Georgetown Fish and Game so leaning in that direction.

Hi, my name is Rob, I am returning to shooting sports after a long absence. Had a MA gun permit from the mid 80s to late 90s until the law changed and it expired. Back then I mostly hunted ducks and did a little upland wingshooting and some pistol target practice. My brother took me to the Green Mountain Shooting Preserve last fall and we did some Pheasant hunting and some clay targets. Got the bug again and took a firearms safety course. Just applied for my LTC A and waiting for it now. Found this site while trying to research local gun clubs. I live very close to Georgetown Fish and Game so leaning in that direction.

Hi Rob, Welcome to NES! I am a member of Georgetown Fish & Game. Wednesday nights they have trap open to the public starting at 6:30. That is a great way to meet people and find to someone to sponsor you at the club. Please let me know if you have any questions about the club or NES.

Hi Rob, Welcome to NES! I am a member of Georgetown Fish & Game. Wednesday nights they have trap open to the public starting at 6:30. That is a great way to meet people and find to someone to sponsor you at the club. Please let me know if you have any questions about the club or NES.

Thanks! That's great, when my LTC comes in I will head over there.

Hi everyone! I think I have the cart a little before the horse on this as I have already posted my own question (thank you for all the wonderful replies!) and have added my own comments to two other discussions. Anyway, here's a quickie introduction.

I grew up in MA but left to attend college in Southern CA. From there I crossed the country to Miami and now live in AZ. I came upon NES while doing research for my upcoming move back home to MA. I have some property here in AZ to sell before I make the move so I have no idea how long it will be.

My introduction to guns of various kinds came from my Uncle who was a champion skeet shooter in Indiana back in the day. Years later, my husband and I purchased handguns (Ruger SP101 for me and a Makarov for him) and along with our friends, had many, many fun hours at open ranges and camping out in the AZ desert target shooting. My husbands brother is conceal carry instructor and gun safety instructor in CO. Military and guns are big in his family.

My husband passed away last year at the young age of 48. Fabulous man, he would have enjoyed NES. Anyway, life has changed in very big ways. I quit my job and started my own small business (Gary's Angel Hands) helping others in a non-medical caregiver role. I moved my elderly mother in with me so I could take care of her (my husband and I have no children) and now it's time to sell our properties and move home to MA.

I've had Rottweilers successfully for years and am sure I will until I am too old to make sure I'm the 'alpha dog' which should be a long time to come!! I'm a history buff who is well traveled, loves cooking, reading and so much more. I'm a person of faith, I hold conservative views, I am a supporter of constitutionalism, I believe in smaller Fed gov and returning more rights to local government, I believe less taxation is do-able, I believe securing our boarders is critical, I believe in the second ammendment - you get the idea!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to getting into the Forums and being a contributing member of NES and I look forward to meeting many of you when I finally get my butt to MA!

Hi my name is Roger and I'm new to NES. My wife and I just took our MA safety course and are in the process of filling out our town app. We are in a green town and looking to get an unrestricted. A buddy of mine told me about this forum and we look forward to utilizing it going forward in this new adventure.

Excellent Rgagnon,

Happy to have both of you joining the gun community. Glad you decided to take your buddies recommendation and swing through. Enjoy the site

- - - Updated - - -

Happy to see you getting back into the sport. Enjoy the site and hope to see you in the discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello all. Tim here, aka CWO4USCGRET (retired Coast Guard Chief Warrant Officer) and currently a federal leo on the US-Canada border. I collect firearms and am an avid shooter.

I found the link to your website because of EddieCoyle's excellent Vintagepistols.com website. I just bought a 1915 made Savage 1907 .32 acp from JoeSalter.com and began to look for info about it. The gun came with a factory letter dated 2007.

Welcome Tim,

Sounds like you will make a great addition to the members. EddieCoyle is highly respected here and we all are fortunate to have him on board. Hope you enjoy the site!

Hi everyone! I think I have the cart a little before the horse on this as I have already posted my own question (thank you for all the wonderful replies!) and have added my own comments to two other discussions. Anyway, here's a quickie introduction.

I grew up in MA but left to attend college in Southern CA. From there I crossed the country to Miami and now live in AZ. I came upon NES while doing research for my upcoming move back home to MA. I have some property here in AZ to sell before I make the move so I have no idea how long it will be.

My introduction to guns of various kinds came from my Uncle who was a champion skeet shooter in Indiana back in the day. Years later, my husband and I purchased handguns (Ruger SP101 for me and a Makarov for him) and along with our friends, had many, many fun hours at open ranges and camping out in the AZ desert target shooting. My husbands brother is conceal carry instructor and gun safety instructor in CO. Military and guns are big in his family.

My husband passed away last year at the young age of 48. Fabulous man, he would have enjoyed NES. Anyway, life has changed in very big ways. I quit my job and started my own small business (Gary's Angel Hands) helping others in a non-medical caregiver role. I moved my elderly mother in with me so I could take care of her (my husband and I have no children) and now it's time to sell our properties and move home to MA.

I've had Rottweilers successfully for years and am sure I will until I am too old to make sure I'm the 'alpha dog' which should be a long time to come!! I'm a history buff who is well traveled, loves cooking, reading and so much more. I'm a person of faith, I hold conservative views, I am a supporter of constitutionalism, I believe in smaller Fed gov and returning more rights to local government, I believe less taxation is do-able, I believe securing our boarders is critical, I believe in the second ammendment - you get the idea!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to getting into the Forums and being a contributing member of NES and I look forward to meeting many of you when I finally get my butt to MA!

Welcome Kimberly,

Very glad you decided to make an introduction and we are happy to have you. I am sure your late husband would be proud of your accomplishments. If we can be of any assistance its a great group here, just ask away. Many like minded individuals so your in good company. Enjoy!

My pleasure, yes I am a member at Mass Rifle Assoc. they do not sell ammo there but Four Seasons is the local shop for that. Hope you continue to enjoy the site

If you dont like mass due to regulations you will like MRA even less. They have more regulations on top of state regulations. But the indoor range is good

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Hi everyone!
My name is Alex.
Thanks for shearing some important information. I was told about this site at local gun store in Natick. there was an awesome display of an AK made from a shovel in the store! I got my ltc and joined the woodville gun club. I'm a foreigner and strong supporter of the 2-nd amendment, GOAL, NRA member.

Hi everyone!
My name is Alex.
Thanks for shearing some important information. I was told about this site at local gun store in Natick. there was an awesome display of an AK made from a shovel in the store! I got my ltc and joined the woodville gun club. I'm a foreigner and strong supporter of the 2-nd amendment, GOAL, NRA member.

Glad you swung through to introduce yourself Alex. The recommendation to visit here is a solid one, I am sure you will enjoy the discusions. Hope to see you in them and thanks for the support!

I just registered, lurked for a bit after a friend suggested I join when I was looking to sell a couple of my weapons ... Hi [wave] My name is John and my latest addiction is 1911's and ammo ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom