New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Helloooooo!

I found this when my family and I decided to return to Maine after 12 years of exile in California. We're moving back to be closer to family but damn the political situation surrounding guns, as well as a lot of other things, is getting unbearable. I'm looking forward to being back in a much freer state. Looking forward to getting to know you guys. And gals. Presumably. I like whisky.

Also, I'm looking for a job anywhere from Bath to Portland. Photography/Design/Printing

Welcome! You had us at "whisky" [smile]

Hello! My name is Kathy and I am on Cape Cod. I am a fairly new shoooter, hoping to get more involved in pistol shooting. Perhaps IDPA??? We'll see. A good friends has been on this site for a while.

Hello! My name is Kathy and I am on Cape Cod. I am a fairly new shoooter, hoping to get more involved in pistol shooting. Perhaps IDPA??? We'll see. A good friends has been on this site for a while.

Welcome to the forum GottaGetShooting/ Kathy,

Glad to have yet another woman shooter on board here! I love seeing the numbers growing of active woman shooters and even more so competitively. Definetly try IDPA you will be hooked, as its a lot of fun and the only pressure is on yourself. Hope you come to enjoy the site as much as the rest of us. See you in the discussions.

Hi all,

Nate here - I've followed the forum for a few months and really enjoy the community. I'm from the DC area (VA) and am looking to move to New Hampshire in 2014 once I find a job, so I wanted to get to know the shooting/hunting/reloading culture of the area and meet some people!

I've got a few pistols, a few shotguns, a rifle and I do a bit of reloading in 9mm, but I'll be getting into many other calibers when I get a chance. I like hunting and hope to do a lot more once living in a less urban area. Looking forward to finding a nice NH gun club and becoming a member - we don't have hardly any where I'm from, and nothing outdoors. I'm also very interested in RKBA issues, so any way that I could become active in the issue in New England would be fulfilling.

Hi everybody. I am Erik from Norton, MA. Found out about the site through the Sportsmans Den in Quincy, I saw all the lowers you guys ordered in a group buy. Currently I have a Glock 22 and have the advantage arms 22 LR conversion on the way. Looking in to joining a club in the area so I can get some shooting in.

Hi all,

Nate here - I've followed the forum for a few months and really enjoy the community. I'm from the DC area (VA) and am looking to move to New Hampshire in 2014 once I find a job, so I wanted to get to know the shooting/hunting/reloading culture of the area and meet some people!

I've got a few pistols, a few shotguns, a rifle and I do a bit of reloading in 9mm, but I'll be getting into many other calibers when I get a chance. I like hunting and hope to do a lot more once living in a less urban area. Looking forward to finding a nice NH gun club and becoming a member - we don't have hardly any where I'm from, and nothing outdoors. I'm also very interested in RKBA issues, so any way that I could become active in the issue in New England would be fulfilling.

Welcome Nate,

NH would be glad to have you I am sure. Hope you can find a good job allowing for your relocation. We need as many as we can in the good fight. See you on the board here.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everybody. I am Erik from Norton, MA. Found out about the site through the Sportsmans Den in Quincy, I saw all the lowers you guys ordered in a group buy. Currently I have a Glock 22 and have the advantage arms 22 LR conversion on the way. Looking in to joining a club in the area so I can get some shooting in.

Welcome Erik,

Glad you found out about the forum here. Thank you for coming by to introduce yourself. I am sure there are several here that are also members of the locals clubs in your area. Best wishes in finding a range to call home.

Hi gang,

First post. New to NES and getting back into shooting. Joined the Braintree RPC a few months back and loving it. Have been doing the ammo shuffle and have to say it is getting better, or maybe I am figuring out where to go when (or both). Made a couple of start-up purchases so far. S&W 686 4" stainless. From collectors gallery. Had a good experience there. In and out in 1/2 hour. Added a MKIII target 22/45 recently. Am enjoying that. Trying to stay ahead of myself with 22lr purchases, finding the ammo goes fast. The MKIII is running well and much more accurate than me. Busted a few knuckles but figured out how to take down and re-assemble. (big rubber hammer lol)

I'm looking for a marlin 2000 next, really want to run a biathlon, saw they host them at the Harvard club. Can't afford the russian rifles, thinking maybe a used marlin can get me started.

Hi gang,

First post. New to NES and getting back into shooting. Joined the Braintree RPC a few months back and loving it. Have been doing the ammo shuffle and have to say it is getting better, or maybe I am figuring out where to go when (or both). Made a couple of start-up purchases so far. S&W 686 4" stainless. From collectors gallery. Had a good experience there. In and out in 1/2 hour. Added a MKIII target 22/45 recently. Am enjoying that. Trying to stay ahead of myself with 22lr purchases, finding the ammo goes fast. The MKIII is running well and much more accurate than me. Busted a few knuckles but figured out how to take down and re-assemble. (big rubber hammer lol)

I'm looking for a marlin 2000 next, really want to run a biathlon, saw they host them at the Harvard club. Can't afford the russian rifles, thinking maybe a used marlin can get me started.

Hello hara-juku,

Some nice firearms you already acquired. Glad you made an introduction here. I bet you will find a few other Braintree RPC members post here as well. As for ammo I hate to admit it but I took a little break from the ongoing checking stock,running to store, purchase what I can routine. I have just shot less then previously. I do see it easing up overall though, still waiting for the prices to level out also.

Hey everybody, complete noob here from Ludlow, Ma. Got my LTC class A unrestricted a few months back and am now deciding on my first firearm. Only problem.... the wife :(. I love her to death but trying to help her understand that it is safe to own and have a firearm within the household for protection is ok etc... Going to have to drag her to the range to shoot a 22 and get her comfortable with a weapon. Anyways, shot for the first time the other day with my neighbor and had a blast. First shot a 22, then a 380, a 9, then a 22 rifle. Got comfortable handling and operating a firearm where before the event, I was a bit nervous. That night went to Cabellas to hold some guns and loved the m&p 9mm. Was more comfortable to hold compared to the Berreta at the range. I liked the Glock 9 too but s&w is what I'm thinking. Its time to learn and I am glad to be apart of the community. Hopefully I can get the wife on board to continue my stories.

Last edited:
Hi Fellow Members, Alex from Framingham. Been a member since May and went 'Green' too. I am also a complete newbie, but have learned soooo much from reading the threads. I want to thank Brian from B&K for directing me to this awesome site. Now to find a club to join to shoot more. Thanks for reading.

Hey everybody, complete noob here from Ludlow, Ma. Got my LTC class A unlimited a few months back and am now deciding on my first firearm. Only problem.... the wife :(. I love her to death but trying to help her understand that it is safe to own and have a firearm within the household for protection is ok etc... Going to have to drag her to the range to shoot a 22 and get her comfortable with a weapon. Anyways, shot for the first time the other day with my neighbor and had a blast. First shot a 22, then a 380, a 9, then a 22 rifle. Got comfortable handling and operating a firearm where before the event, I was a bit nervous. That night went to Cabellas to hold some guns and loved the m&p 9mm. Was more comfortable to hold compared to the Berreta at the range. I liked the Glock 9 too but s&w is what I'm thinking. Its time to learn and I am glad to be apart of the community. Hopefully I can get the wife on board to continue my stories.

Welcome AmmoWhit,

W.O.T. Woman on target - it is a great place to get your wife to open up a bit.
Try as many as you can, firearms wise (not wife lol) and see what you handle best. Glocks chambered in 9mm are great in my opinion. Hope you can come to enjoy the site here as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Fellow Members, Alex from Framingham. Been a member since May and went 'Green' too. I am also a complete newbie, but have learned soooo much from reading the threads. I want to thank Brian from B&K for directing me to this awesome site. Now to find a club to join to shoot more. Thanks for reading.

Welcome Alex,

Glad to have you and thanks for going green in support of the forum. Brian is very nice, and many members enjoy his shop. See you in the discussions.

Hello all, Rashid from Boston. I've been a member for a few months now just lurking and absorbing as much info as possible, first time posting though. Just had my shooting test @ Moon Island this past Monday, scoring 269/300. Now for the long wait! I look forward to learning more from you all. I'll keep you guys posted on when I actually receive my LTC.

Hello all, Rashid from Boston. I've been a member for a few months now just lurking and absorbing as much info as possible, first time posting though. Just had my shooting test @ Moon Island this past Monday, scoring 269/300. Now for the long wait! I look forward to learning more from you all. I'll keep you guys posted on when I actually receive my LTC.

Thanks for stopping in to say hello Rashid, congrats on getting through the LTC process and hope you will have your license in hand soon.

Hey everybody. I'm a new shooter, live in Arlington, MA. I used to shoot a bunch as a kid but hadn't touched a firearm for almost 15 years until a few months ago. A buddy took me to his range in NH and after a day with his Sig and CZ, I was hooked!

I'm a practicing ER doctor, race bicycles, and am interested in home defense, some USPSA shooting, and probably some hunting eventually (learning the ropes with a bow this season, and probably a muzzleloader).

I don't own anything yet, just put in my application for an LTC-A with the local PD and hopefully they will have it turned around in reasonable time. Then it's off to the store for a pistol!

Hope you are all well.

Hey everybody. I'm a new shooter, live in Arlington, MA. I used to shoot a bunch as a kid but hadn't touched a firearm for almost 15 years until a few months ago. A buddy took me to his range in NH and after a day with his Sig and CZ, I was hooked!

I'm a practicing ER doctor, race bicycles, and am interested in home defense, some USPSA shooting, and probably some hunting eventually (learning the ropes with a bow this season, and probably a muzzleloader).

I don't own anything yet, just put in my application for an LTC-A with the local PD and hopefully they will have it turned around in reasonable time. Then it's off to the store for a pistol!

Hope you are all well.

Welcome doctuhjay,

Nice to have another shooter returning to pick it up again. You will be surprised at how long the wait can be and the hoops to jump through. Hoping its an easy task for you start to finish. Enjoy the site!

Hello everyone. I'm Cass, I live and work in Tewksbury- at New England Shooters Warehouse(work there, I swear I don't live there), they are helping me learn and are being patient while I try to catch up. I'm still fairly new to guns and shooting, got into them through my last job where many of my customers were gun enthusiasts. One of my customers prompted my boyfriend and I to take the LTC course he taught. We did, now it's a career for me and a hobby/interest for both of us.
I got my first gun back in February and have gotten a few other firearms since then. I tend to gravitate to weird looking (what many would call ugly) guns and I like to customize things to look weirder.

Hello everyone. I'm Cass, I live and work in Tewksbury- at New England Shooters Warehouse(work there, I swear I don't live there), they are helping me learn and are being patient while I try to catch up. I'm still fairly new to guns and shooting, got into them through my last job where many of my customers were gun enthusiasts. One of my customers prompted my boyfriend and I to take the LTC course he taught. We did, now it's a career for me and a hobby/interest for both of us.
I got my first gun back in February and have gotten a few other firearms since then. I tend to gravitate to weird looking (what many would call ugly) guns and I like to customize things to look weirder.

Hello Cass,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for going green. Nice introduction, have not been to Shooters Warehouse but I will introduce myself if I do :) Glad to have another few on our side to help the good fight. Enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

Hello everyone. New member from Portsmouth. Looking to meet some like minded individuals who share my enthusiasm for firearms.

Glad to have you Bengo... you came to the right place.

Hey guys, just joined the forum about a week ago but haven't had the time to write out an introduction. Anyway, I'm Jim. I live in Melrose, MA but spend a lot of my time in the Belmont/Waltham area due to work. Did not have a lot of exposure to guns as a kid growing up except a pump-action pellet gun my dad owned and would let me shoot). Got my unrestricted LTC A in July and bought a Ruger SR-22. Figured I'd start off slow until I got more comfortable and then think about CC and a more appropriate defensive caliber. Got a membership to the gun range at MFS in Holliston, since that's where I took my pistol course, but haven't had a chance to go yet as it's not very convenient to where I live. Am trying to get into Mystic Valley in Malden or possibly the one in Woburn, but haven't had the time or money yet. Found this site a while back due to looking up different guns and people here talking about them. Liked what I read and kept coming back to read more.

Think that's about it for now. Don't want to talk you guys' ears off, but appreciate you taking the time to read and look forward to being on here.

Jim

Hey all! Have been a long-time lookie-loo and a hearty endorsement from a member I met at my local range (member ID 99105) convinced me to sign up.

My name is Kyle but everyone calls me Ky or Kato. I live in the Concord NH area and work as an IT engineer. I have only been shooting regularly since early spring; and in that time have picked up a Benelli Nova pump, G19, and a SW Shield in 40. I try to get out to the range often, and will be getting some one-on-one training this month to help me move past the self taught/research/range buddy advice stage and into some more serious training.

I also have gotten into reloading, and so far am loving it! Working in IT has me staring at computers and technology all day, so I wanted a hobby that let me create something with my hands, away from computers. Reloading seemed perfect, as it also saves me some money and gives me much nicer rounds to shoot. Haven't blown anything up yet so I'd say things are going well [smile].

Right now I shoot mostly at the Belmont Firing Range in Belmont NH, but am looking at joining a club and getting into some more "social" shooting. My current friend base is small and not into guns, so I'd like to branch out, meet some folks, and get involved! I look forward to getting to know ya'll.

Hey guys, just joined the forum about a week ago but haven't had the time to write out an introduction. Anyway, I'm Jim. I live in Melrose, MA but spend a lot of my time in the Belmont/Waltham area due to work. Did not have a lot of exposure to guns as a kid growing up except a pump-action pellet gun my dad owned and would let me shoot). Got my unrestricted LTC A in July and bought a Ruger SR-22. Figured I'd start off slow until I got more comfortable and then think about CC and a more appropriate defensive caliber. Got a membership to the gun range at MFS in Holliston, since that's where I took my pistol course, but haven't had a chance to go yet as it's not very convenient to where I live. Am trying to get into Mystic Valley in Malden or possibly the one in Woburn, but haven't had the time or money yet. Found this site a while back due to looking up different guns and people here talking about them. Liked what I read and kept coming back to read more.

Think that's about it for now. Don't want to talk you guys' ears off, but appreciate you taking the time to read and look forward to being on here.

Jim

Hello Jim,

Welcome to NES and thank you for taking out the time to introduce yourself. The SR-22 is a great little gun and I am sure more will be following you home at some point. Hope your able to get out and do some shooting soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey all! Have been a long-time lookie-loo and a hearty endorsement from a member I met at my local range (member ID 99105) convinced me to sign up.

My name is Kyle but everyone calls me Ky or Kato. I live in the Concord NH area and work as an IT engineer. I have only been shooting regularly since early spring; and in that time have picked up a Benelli Nova pump, G19, and a SW Shield in 40. I try to get out to the range often, and will be getting some one-on-one training this month to help me move past the self taught/research/range buddy advice stage and into some more serious training.

I also have gotten into reloading, and so far am loving it! Working in IT has me staring at computers and technology all day, so I wanted a hobby that let me create something with my hands, away from computers. Reloading seemed perfect, as it also saves me some money and gives me much nicer rounds to shoot. Haven't blown anything up yet so I'd say things are going well [smile].

Right now I shoot mostly at the Belmont Firing Range in Belmont NH, but am looking at joining a club and getting into some more "social" shooting. My current friend base is small and not into guns, so I'd like to branch out, meet some folks, and get involved! I look forward to getting to know ya'll.

Welcome Kyle,

You came to the right place to enjoy your hobby. From reloaders to shooters, expert and beginner we have a great mix. Have fun and see you in the discussions.

Hi Everyone,
I am a relatively new to Massachusetts from the UK, a resident alien here , complete with ‘Green Card’ .
I will be taking my safety course this month and looking to apply for a LTC.
Being an alien does look to present a few more challenges than not, as the alien application form for long guns covers alien reg. numbers etc., but the LTC application form only asks if you are a national and nowhere to complete the alien registration bits.
I called Chelsea and they advised I needed to apply to my local PD if I wanted a LTC, this was after the guy initially said I couldn’t have an LTC! I referred him to his own web site and he sought advice from someone else and then confirmed I could and I should apply with my local PD.
I called the local PD to ask which form I should use given the above and was told I’d need to ‘fill in the form’ and see the chief, I asked which form, but couldn’t get any clarification and the guy was in no mood to discuss further.
After my safety course I plan to fill in both forms and trundle off to the PD and hand in my application and see what gives.
From what I have read I’m most likely to get a LTC with restrictions T&H. Also it seems more than a little confusing about home storage and transportation in an SUV vehicle Hand gun and ammo???
I hope this is covered on the course so I can make sure I do things right.

I aim to join the American Firearms School and shoot there. Would like to hear from anyone else that uses the place.
Once I have gone through this pain, I’ll write up what worked so others in a similar situation will be able to get through it easily.

Cheers
Kev

Last edited:
Kev, welcome! Just fill out ONLY the standard LTC application form, no other form. Bring your green card with you to the PD and they will take care of the rest. Case law changed the situation for resident aliens a year or so ago thanks to Comm2A (check their website and donate to them . . . About us - Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc. (comm2a.org)).

Kev, welcome! Just fill out ONLY the standard LTC application form, no other form. Bring your green card with you to the PD and they will take care of the rest. Case law changed the situation for resident aliens a year or so ago thanks to Comm2A (check their website and donate to them . . . About us - Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc. (comm2a.org)).

Thanks for the information to pass along LenS. Very useful and I agree thanks to Comm2A!

Welcome Kev - wish you the best through the process.

New here. The name is Justin. I accidentally made me own into thread before seeing this one. I moved here in February '13 and applied for my LTC-A on Valentines day. Took 15 weeks in Braintree, but it was approved without restrictions

- - - Updated - - -

New here. The name is Justin. I accidentally made me own into thread before seeing this one. I moved here in February '13 and applied for my LTC-A on Valentines day. Took 15 weeks in Braintree, but it was approved without restrictions

- - - Updated - - -

Hello again - I did see your other post. Glad you made an introduction and happy to have another here in help with the good fight. Enjoy

Hey guys hey. My names Chris, I've been lurking around for a bit and thought I'd like to join. I've had my ltc-a for a little over a year now ( I'm 23) and currently own a glock 27, a sig 1911 and a saiga 223.

Back
Top Bottom