• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

New from Winchendon, MA

Hey Guys,

My name is Scott & I'm new to the forum. I've had many rifles and shotguns over the years, but I'm now stepping into the handgun arena mainly for protection. I own a small pub in the area, and I don't like carrying lots of cash unprotected.

I will be taking my firearms safety course on Tues 12/28 and hope to have my LTC by my birthday in March. I found your forum through Dogsgalore. I am curretnly looking at a S&W Bodyguard .380 as my first handgun. I have several LEO friends and they're helping me make decisions on weapons. I also like the Glock 22.

I look forward to reading all I can and hope to eventually be of some help to someone else in the future.

Thanks!

SS

Hello Scott,

Thanks for the introduction - best of luck on the course and LTC application process.
Enjoy the forum and I wish your business the best in the New Year.

Hi, My name is Jake. I have exp. with rifles from the army, but i am pretty new with firearms. Just bought a Kahr pm9 for a carry gun.

Last edited:
New Guy

My name is Joe and I came across this website while looking up information about gun ownership in mass. I'm currently finishing up a deployment in Afghanistan and very excited to be headed back to the states. My wife and I will be moving from Colorado to the Norwood area. She grew up in Mass , we had a child right before I deployed and she moved back to be near her family. Now we are staying.
I have been around guns and shooting since I was a little kid. I love shooting my xd-40 and look forward to purchasing a few different guns when I return.
This website has already helped me start to decipher the "intricate" mass gun laws.
I look forward to learning a lot more.

SPC Briggs

Hello Jake and Joe,

Thank you both for your service. I am glad you found NES. We are happy to have you both.
Wishing you a safe return home Joe and look forward to having you both in the discussions.

Hello, I found this site from a friend.. I hunt, train and compete with my labrador retrievers, I mostly bird hunt both upland and waterfowl. I fish alot too. Used to shoot alot of clay but haven't in awhile, just getting back into it. My wife is also shooting and hunting with me now too. So nice to have a wife that doesn't complain when I go hunting or fishing, she just complains when i don't take her. We live in Barre and most of the guns are shotguns and some handguns for self defense and target. Jim

Hi there, I grew up on the Cape and have been living in WA for nearly 20 years, hoping to move to NH or VT within the next 3 years. I learned to shoot with airguns and .22s when I was a kid, got into pistol shooting seriously during my 20s, took some time off and got back into shooting last year. Happy New Year! -Trace

Hi guys, been lurking awhile, after finding this site, and realizing I have a few friends on here thought I'd register and say hello. Got interested in getting my license only to find out I'm SOL if I want to carry as I live in Worcester, one of the many places you want to carry, but have to leave to safer/greener cities just to do so. This site is a great resource, thanks for having me.

-James

Hi guys, been lurking awhile, after finding this site, and realizing I have a few friends on here thought I'd register and say hello. Got interested in getting my license only to find out I'm SOL if I want to carry as I live in Worcester, one of the many places you want to carry, but have to leave to safer/greener cities just to do so.

I wonder if we have enough Worcester residents yet to start a campaign to pressure Gemme through the Mayor's office or something like that.

Greetings All, new member here, been lurking for a few weeks. I grew up the son of a police officer/former Marine so I've been shooting since a young age, first just plinking at the range with my dad and then more formally on the NCAA 3p and air rifle teams at Wentworth Institute in Boston. The firearms have been in hibernation mode since my wife and I moved out of the city and started a family but I'm finally getting back to it. Headed to Hopkinton this evening to see about joining Hopkinton Sportsmans and deciding what discipline makes the most sense for me to spend my limited time on (IPSC, smallbore, or highpower). Looks like we have a good resource here with some great members; I'll do my best to contribute and not just be a knowledge leech!

Peter D. AKA BostonBullit (username is a holdover from the mountain bike forums)
Medway, MA

Hello Peter,

Glad your keeping back into the mix. Got plenty of shooters here that are into the same competitions.
Hope you enjoy the site and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

I'm a newbie to this forum (and shooting in general). I currently have a Repo Brown Bess (Black Powder/Muzzleload) and am looking for a 'reasonable' Springfiled 1903 30-06 (high serial number reciever if possible). I've been monitoring Gun Broker.com and GunsAmerica.com but I don't like buying a "pig in a poke". I've ordered a TE and MW gage for the M1/Carbine and 1903 so I at least have a chance at getting a good shooter. any comments about what to expect or how to go about getting a good deal would be appricated. I do plan to attend the Marlborough show in late Jan.

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while and just registered and wanted to say hello. I'll be looking for a club near Merrimack this spring/summer and me and my wife like to range shoot. Maybe we'll see some of you around then.

Hi All - I found this site a few weeks ago while researching MA gun laws. Lots of great information here that answered a lot of the questions I had. Currently in Arlington, MA. Wife and I applied last week for our Class A LTCs. I grew up in the West around guns, but haven't shot in years. Wife is from the East, has shot a few times, but not comfortable (yet). Hoping to change that. I'll probably continue to lurk for a while, but I already appreciate this forum and am eager to learn from you all. Will be looking soon for a club and once the licenses come in (*crossing fingers*) some handguns.

Awesome look at the new members - Welcome Findlay, MmkShooter and BigDaddyAl

Glad to have each one of you. BigDaddyAl thanks for the support of the forum. Plenty of knowledge to be had, search is your friend :)
Enjoy the site and hope to see you in the discussions.

I would feel better about jumping through the ridiculous hoops the chief puts up if I'd get an actual ALP on the other side.

I believe that Mr Thomas Paine was thinking of you when he wrote "What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value."

pretty new here, looking to get back into shooting (father took me shooting often years back, even did a .22 shooting league) should have my first gun by the end of the week and look to seeing some of you out on the range, will probably end up over at Haverhill hound, rod and gun in the next few months (closer to july so i dont have to pay now and again in july)

Hello El Duderino,

Welcome to the forum, wishing you the best of luck on the LTC process and picking out your first gun.
I am a member of HHRG if you want to hit the range let me know, I got some goodies we can shoot :)

New to the Northeast :)

Just moved to NH a month ago. Seacoast region. I've been an active member over at ingunowners.com for the last couple years (from Indiana). Looking forward to having a local board.

Grace and Peace
Nathan

Hi everyone,
I am new to the world of guns; just applied for my first gun license yesterday (see gun rights in your town thread).
I have recently become more interested in politics and our rights and freedoms as citizens, which is one of the reasons why I decided to become a gun owner.
I came across this site while searching for information about gun laws and such. I decided to join the forum after talking with Max (Dirtypacman).
I'm looking forward to learning many things from being a member here; everyone seems to be very knowledgeable!

-Matt

Last edited:
Awesome Matt - glad to see you posting. Love the screen name also :)
My offer stands anytime you want to hit the range let me know, I can supply the goodies till you have some in hand.
Make sure you guys treat Matt right now :)

Hey everyone I'm a new member from the Manchester, NH area and I wanted to say hello. I'm very new to shooting, and do not own any firearms as of yet. My limited experience was with some friends whom are big enthusiasts and great teachers. That experience has led to me seeking out more information via this forum. I'm interested in learning more about the laws as a NH gun owner, the best places to gain instruction locally in safe firearm use and storage, as well selection of the best hand gun for home defense and fun at the range.

When I did go shooting on those limited occasions I was able to try a wide range of pistols starting with the .22 revolver, then a .38 snub revolver, then 9mm, a S&W .40, a Springfield 1911 .45, and a S&W .44 revolver. Between all of those I was most accurate and really enjoyed the 1911 the most. Anyway I'm looking forward to going shooting again soon!!!

Howdy all, new member here and soon to be a new shooter. I am taking my safety class tomorrow at Tite Group. I'm a 42 year old guy just taking up the sport. My only shooting experience thus far is when I was in scout camp in my early teens. I have been reading the boards for a few weeks now and enjoy what I see.

Awesome to have some new shooters on the board
Welcome Bovesnh1 and sdelivery31

Hope you both come to enjoy the forum as much of the rest of us.
Being new feel free to ask questions but search is your friend as many topics have been hit multiple times

Back
Top Bottom