• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Checking in here from the Seacoast. Former jarhead with M16 and M240&242 experience but very limited handgun. Currently in the process to get my 1st Sig, a P226-9m. I all ready sent in my application for NES membership.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome JC_0313

Thanks for your service, Glad you came across the forum. We appreciate the support of the forum.
Enjoy!

New Member - Marine Corp Veteran

Thanks to ALL veteran's for their service and to my Viet Nam Allumni, Welcome Home!

I am in the North georgia area, live in a log home backing up to Lookout Mountain - where the deer and the turkeys play. Currently SNOW bound for the second time this year - highly unusual. We got about 8 inches last night with drifts. The ice will be here shortly so I am in for at least two days.

I am originally from Northern Ohio, Lorain, on Lake Erie but gave up fighting snow many years ago.

This is a great site, with all the features that make days inddors tollerable. Glad to be here!
[smile]

Hello and thank you EvanB :)
We are glad to have you here. Hope you have as much enjoyment on the site as the rest of us.

Hey everyone my Name is John I am new to Northeast shooters, I live in West Boylston Ma and found the site by researching stuff online. I am knew to guns but have done some target practice from time to time but recently decided to try and get my class A to carry.

Hello from MA. Found Northeastshooters after trying to find a local forum for firearms.

I am fairly new to firearms, but have been to the range (Manville Sportsmen Rod & Gun Club) several times. I got my Class A LTC with the intent of getting into pistols (currently have my sights on, as I always have, a Ruger 22/45 Bull Barrel), but ended up getting a Marlin 795 on Black Friday, and recently picked up a H&R .223 break-barrel... I guess that's normal - can't just have one firearm now, can we? [laugh]

When it's not snowing out, I'm on my motorcycle (2005 SV1000s), and when it is snowing out, I'm in my pseudoru, Saab 92x (aka Subaru WRX).

See shooting as similar to motorcycling - start small, hone skills and move up. Also, different motorcycles (guns) for different purposes...

Bring it on - another expensive hobby! [smile]

- HP

Last edited:
Hello and welcome John and HP

Glad you both came across the site. Hope the LTC process goes smooth for you John. HP you should fit right in :) Make yourself comfortable and hope to see you in the discussions.

Hello all. I'm currently working towards my LTC here in Boston. I've found the info here very useful and I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions along the way.

Hi,my name is Bill,I just joined,Just saying Hi.I live in clinton MA,I'm a father of 3 kids,I belong to clinton fish and game and eight point in sterling.I'm interested in sharing tips on home/self defense w /other members

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Sophal and I live in Lynn, Ma. I'm pretty new to firearms, but I am glad I've found this forum. It is full of information!

Hello Sophal,

Glad you found the board, and hope that you enjoy it as much as the rest of us.
Feel free to ask questions being new, but please use search also :)
Hope to see you in the discussions.

New here. I live in the NH Seacoast area. Haven't actually fired a firearm since I was a kid, probably 15 years now. But I'm kicking around the idea of buying myself one and maybe even becoming marginally proficient with it. Found the site via 's4mt3k'; he and are both inflicted with a strange disorder that has us driving late-model VW's.

New here. I live in the NH Seacoast area. Haven't actually fired a firearm since I was a kid, probably 15 years now. But I'm kicking around the idea of buying myself one and maybe even becoming marginally proficient with it. Found the site via 's4mt3k'; he and are both inflicted with a strange disorder that has us driving late-model VW's.

haha well put man... you won't last long (now that you joined here) before you get the firearm itch haha

Greetings from the South Shore...been poking around these parts for a while, but I just went Green this past week. Some of you may know me from other boards in cyber space.

I had the great pleasure of shooting with some of you up at Monadnock in September (barricade drills with a Garand, anyone?) and the kindness and welcoming I expierienced was awesome. I hope to meet more of you at a upcoming Green shoot.

For now,

Obes

Hello from southern Maine! Just bought a new Ruger SR9 up to Cabela's. Now the wife wants an LCP for herself. Taking the NRA safety course next weekend and just joined my local rod & gun club. And the NRA. Haven't shot a gun since my old .22 40 years ago picking off cans on the stonewall up in the back field. Looking to enjoy a new obsession!

Hello OfficerObie59 and kurt s,

Welcome to the forum, thanks for the support by going green Obes.
Glad to see you getting back into the community Kurt :)

Enjoy the forum.

Quick Intro, My name is Ryan born and raised in Boston and I am Junior at Bridgewater State University majoring in Criminal Justice. Plan is to become a Police Officer, before that I am going to be entering the Army next June. Completed the Basic Firearm Course few months ago and going to apply for my Class A soon enough. I'm a newbie with guns but looking to learn all I can. I also went Green with the NES membership. Thanks for the great site and letting me be apart of it!

Ryan

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for the introduction and for supporting the forum in green :)
Wish you the best of luck on the LTC process and whatever else the future holds for you.
Enjoy

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your service.
Glad you found us here on NES, best of luck on the license and look forward to having you in the discussions.

Hello all,
I just registered after checking out your site . I am retired and qualified with leosa. Wow I can't believe the gun laws you guy's have. Residing In PA I see a giant diff. Hard to believe we live in the same country. lol

Hello all,
I just registered after checking out your site . I am retired and qualified with leosa. Wow I can't believe the gun laws you guy's have. Residing In PA I see a giant diff. Hard to believe we live in the same country. lol

Big WELCOME. Congrats on your retirement.

Yeah, our founding fathers that were natives here in MA are rolling in their graves.

Back
Top Bottom