New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Sorry for the delayed intro,

Im a retired guy that tries to go shooting twice a week depending on money and time.

I dont know why I cant find the dam time cuz Im retired but I cant always find the time.

I live in Mass and I hate it but wifey still works and she dont wanna leave yet but when we do if the house market is right Im headed North to New Hampshire and I aint ever going back.

Good site here and Im a little opinionated with very strong deep patriotic beleifs so I think Im in the right place for that.

A warm welcome to AimTrueMom and SlimShot. Slim, you won't be able to have an avatar unless you're a paid member. It's $21 a year, and it gets you access to the Members Only board with with things like group buys and members only shoots [STRIKE]and a secret decoder ring[/STRIKE].

Hey Everyone. I just applied for my class A LTC here in Walpole MA. I have been an avid hunter all my life but never actually owned a gun. (Always went with my pops) Does anyone have any experience writing a letter of intent for a class A? If so do you mind forwarding me what you wrote so I can get an idea of what to look for.

Thanks
Dennis

Hello to our newest crew AimTrueMom, SLIM SHOT and dizplz

Glad to have you all here.
dizplz review the forum threads (search) and there has been a few or more topics pertaining to "the letter". Good luck to you.

Hello everyone, been lurking here for about a year, and have found it to be an informative site. I live in Western Mass, have my LTC-A and started shooting at about 14. I had a rather long period where I didn't do any shooting and am just getting back into it again.

Hi.

Long time lurker and finally signed up. Looking to Go Green soon and happy to be amongst experts and amateurs alike.

I live in the 'burbs of Metro-West, MA... LTC-A is pending and I look forward to learning and eventually contributing to the community.

Hi all...Found out about NES from a visit to Stateline in Mason. Live in the Monadock region after living in Ma my entire life. Held Class A large capacity prior to moving up here and starting a family. Never fully got off the ground with handguns so I'm looking at restarting and learning all over again. I look forward to the plethora of knowledge that I have seen here so far.

Hi!
I'm a Mom with 3 boys. We don't live in the greatest of neighborhoods and my Husband is out late night a few nights a week. He and 2 of my son's also go out of town for their activities. I was tired of being afraid even though we have dogs and a secure house. I decided to empower myself. I started shooting 4-6 hours per week and it's better than yoga. I live in Bristol County, MA.

This is a great place to be. My wife, "DeadEye-Gramma" has begun shooting with me in the past years and she likes it a lot. It is empowering. We are in Bristol County too. It's good to see the increase in women interested in shooting.

Slim Shot, welcome aboard! Keep your opinions to yourself. We don't need no stinkin' opinions here![smile]

Last edited:
Hi I'm newly registered. US Army veteran and my dad and older brother gave me my first .22 rifle when I was 10 yrs. old. 'Been shooting ever since. I'm getting ready to apply for my concealed carry permit in Rhode Island, no easy feat! I,d like to know more about the L target used for qualifying. Thanks

I have no idea what you are talking about with reguard to the L Target but welcome to the board and thank you for serving.

Was looking for info about gun shows and stumbled in. I have lived in the Northeast all my life, and have enjoyed the shooting sports most all of my life. I tend to like historically significant firearms from any era. I am working on changing careers and getting my LTC soon.

~Bob

Hello RookieCAF,

Hope to see the process getting your LTC goes smooth. Enjoy the site and look forward to hearing from you in the discussions.

Hi folks!. Stumbled onto this page looking for a place to get a cert for my CCW. I live in Northbridge and shoot at Rockdale rod and gun and also Singltary rod and gun.Always looking to expand my knowlege and find new friends to shoot with. See ya on the boards!!

Hello everyone, I am also new at this site, and came upon it as I was looking for certificates for my students taking my basic pistol course. I am an accountant, and also an army Medic/11B, 04', 06-07', 08-09, 09-10 OIF and OEF vet (respectively) Navy/Army. Been shooting since I was 7 years old, starting with a rugger .22 and a carbine same caliber. Just back from my last deployment to Afghanistan (about 5 months ago), and settled back in RI.

Army-L.gif
Hi I'm newly registered. US Army veteran and my dad and older brother gave me my first .22 rifle when I was 10 yrs. old. 'Been shooting ever since. I'm getting ready to apply for my concealed carry permit in Rhode Island, no easy feat! I,d like to know more about the L target used for qualifying. Thanks

The L target is round, and according to RIGL 11-47-15 You must shoot it at 25 yards (75 feet), 30 consecutive rounds and have 10 minutes to do so, while supervised by a certified instructor. I could help you with that. The major issue, and I would advice you wait, is that Patrick Lynch, the current AG, is anti gun. Wait until January, and even write him a letter. The new AG is more pro gun.

Greetings,

My name is Tim (aka Timbo) and I live near Concord NH. I've been a NH resident since I was 5 years old when my dad and mom moved from Westboro Mass in 1961 to a small farm in Twin Mt, NH, trying to get away from the Kennedy politics. I spent 6 years in the Navy in the 70's but other than that, have been here in NH.

I have been married for 30+ years, have 5 grown children and three and a half grandchildren (one due in February).

I've always been "into" guns, ever since I was a little guy. My dad wasn't much of a hunter but I remember he always had a 303 Bitish, a .410 shotgun and a .22 pistol (used to dispatch our pigs). I got my first .22 rifle from the Village Gun Store in Whitefield just a week or two after they opened when I was a teen...I still have it and still shoot it during squirrel season.

The six years I was in the Navy, I was stationed in San Diego and/or on and off several carriers. I got involved in .45 pin shooting and loved it. Also became a friend with a guy that had an AR15 and ended up that our friendship still goes on to this day. He lives in Phoenix and shoots highpower comp's with the Arizona State Nat'l Guard team.

I own a handful of long guns and hand guns and just recently picked up a Bushmaster Ar15 A2...my second AR I've owned. Had a Colt AR15 fifteen or so years ago but sold it when I was out of work for a spell to have a new heating system put in the house...it was hard to heat the house with the AR so I had to do the right thing, especially for the wife and kids.

I work for a high tech company that makes equipment that measures light and color...fun stuff. I also own a small part time company refurbishing and repairing guitar amps, etc...I play bass guitar in a band that doesn't get outside our basement most of the time but it's still fun...play mostly original stuff...all three of us in the band have been down the "cover band" road for too long.

I found out about this website from being on the AR15 site...interesting site to say the least...lots of people and information, some correct, some wrong but I'm learning to weed through the misinformation and get the stuff I need/want to know.

Looks like a great site here, especially that most of the folk here are relatively local.

Hope to meet some of you down the road.

Tim

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your service :)
We are mighty glad you found the forum here and sounds like you will be fitting in nicely.
Hope to see you in the discussions and enjoy.

Hello all,

I've been lurking here for about a year and a half, having started in preparation for my company-sponsored relocation to MA from VA in late 2009. I had to leave my AR and a variety of post-ban magazines with a friend down there, but I did get my Class A LTC shortly after moving here.

I have settled in Metro West Boston, and joined the Westwood Gun Club. I shoot mostly handgun and shotgun, but don't get to the range enough... sigh.

Thanks to the host and moderators for running a helpful site,

Julian

Hello Julian,

Thanks for introducing yourself. Sorry to hear you had to move up to MA (but then again work is a good thing)
Members here are great, make yourself comfortable and see you in the discussions.

New

My name is John. I'm from the midwest but now live on the North Shore. Just got my LTC-A and I'm looking forward to getting started. My wife and I took the basic firearms class together. My goal number 1 is safety of course. Number two is to become basically proficient. Handgun, Shotgun, maybe Blackrifle.

Regarding background: I was about 7 when I made a pretty good likeness of an MP40 out of plywood on my grandfather's grinding wheel after watching "Guns of Navarone". Ma, bless her scaredy-cat soul, didn't take it away but I was clearly flirting with pariah status... so I am starting from basically zero. Nervousness is going to be problem number one. So this site has already been very helpful.

Hello John,

Awesome that you and the wife both went through the course. I am happy you found the site and look forward to having you in the discussions.
Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom