New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello to our newest Dans, mogarbage and chythn72 - glad to have you all here.
Thanks to those already in the green for supporting the forum.

Hope you all enjoy the site as much as the rest of the crew.

Just joined yesterday

Hi folks,

I just joined this forum yesterday, after being referred here from a comment on a blogpost I wrote about getting my MA license. So here I am, a new licensee who hasn't yet even bought a firearm.

I was hoping to get a Beretta U22 Neos to learn and practice on, but I found out that MA won't allow the Neos to be sold here. So now I'm thinking of a Walther P22 instead. I need something small-ish because I have small hands and want to be comfortable and confident in my grip.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

I was hoping to get a Beretta U22 Neos to learn and practice on, but I found out that MA won't allow the Neos to be sold here.

That's true. they're not safe enough for King Deval's and Queen Martha's subjects. [rolleyes] (all kidding aside, they are weird-looking beasts... my buddy in NJ has one)

So now I'm thinking of a Walther P22 instead. I need something small-ish because I have small hands and want to be comfortable and confident in my grip.

my suggestion is that you hit a few gunshops and check out their offerings in person. It's tough to tell what you'll like and what you won't by just looking at magazines. Check the Ruger Mark III - it's a very popular gun. Also the S&W 422 is pretty nice; we had a couple on the line at my Lodge's turkey shoot this weekend. And one gun that I picked up just for shooters with small hands is a Ruger Bearcat - it's a single action .22, with a very small grip. Nice shooter, and lots of fun.

Basically, put your hands on every .22 you can find - that's the only way you'll really know if you want one for yourself.

Welcome Stoutcat,

Congrats on your license, as you have already found out even with the license you still are limited in what you can have here in MA.
Dwarven1 has hit the nail on the head, being your first firearm take your time and find something YOU will enjoy shooting.

Found this sight through Four Seasons website. I am from Franklin, MA, I am a Detective with the Boston Police Dept(30 yrs). Service pistol is the 40 cal Glock 17, also own a S&W 38 cal snub nose revolver. I am now in the market for a 45 cal, looking at the Auto Ordnance 1911 or the Sig P220. I have a son who is serving in the United States Marines(machine gunner) and just completed a deployment to Afghanistan, also have two sons who are former Marines.

Hello everyone. Found you guys while looking for information on getting my LTC Class A. I am a 34 y/o married guy that lives in Boston. The wife and I both want to get our LTC's and will be doing some research and training. I grew up in Peabody and the wife is originally from Brooklyn. I EDC a mixture of Surefires and legal Sharpies. No kids yet, but we hope to have some soon. It's great to join everyone and I hope to be a part of this great family.

I also just joined the NRA and GOAL. :)
- Gray

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to our newest recruit :)
scarinjo, donald150 and Grayshadows

Great to have you each here, wishing you all the best on this Thanksgiving weekend.

Hi everyone. I joined a few months ago, and I just found this thread. My name is Iain(pronounced Ian, it's Scottish), and I live in Newton. I'm 16, applied for my F.I.D. in September, and haven't heard anything yet. I found out about this website from one of my Mom's friends, who was a Marine. My Dad was in the Army and then became a Police Officer, and I want to do the same, so as a result, I've always had an interest in guns. I've fired an M1 Carbine, my Dad's S&W 9mm, a few .22s and a friend's 12g Ithaca Model 37. The 12g was my favorite, and I'm looking to buy one once I get my card.

Hello to our newest idonovan and Mr_Irritating :)

Glad to have you both on board, enjoy the site and jump in the discussions.

Thank you for joining the board. This truly is a great big family.

For the most part, everybody plays nice and will gladly share their "toys" at a shoot. Go green to sign up for one. Great way to try before you buy.[smile]

Greetings from Southern NH!

Been a shooter on and off now for most of my fifty something years. Getting back into it, now that the kids are off to school. My focus is currently single shot rifles.

NFGA Member #653

Checking in

Hello,

I was told about your board by a co-worker of mine. As my handle implies, I am an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician/Operator (depending on who you talk to) for the U.S. Military (Air Force currently but I've never done a mission for them in the past 15 years, go figure). I currently live in Tyngsboro, MA and am awaiting my LTC-A. Keep your fingers crossed.

I've been shooting weapons all my life and am seriously impressed with the wealth of knowledge on this site. I look forward to talking to each of you.

EOD

Some great new members - Welcome eplexus and EOD.
Thanks for your service EOD and hope you both come to enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us.

I am an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician/Operator (depending on who you talk to) for the U.S. Military

First off, thanks for your service. Second... you need to go green (paid member) so you can come to the NES shoots up in NH where we dispose of binary explosives the old-fashioned way: we shoot them. (Tannerite is fun...)

First off, thanks for your service. Second... you need to go green (paid member) so you can come to the NES shoots up in NH where we dispose of binary explosives the old-fashioned way: we shoot them. (Tannerite is fun...)

First off, it is my duty. Secondly, I've gone green and looking forward to terminating some spotting targets with extreme prejudice. =)

Hi,

My name is Justin, I really enjoy the site so I went green. I just got out of the Navy, I was a Corpsman I had six years active and three in the reserves. Did most my time with the Marines including both tours. I grew up hunting and fishing and the service only built upon that and my love of guns. Im not a gunsmith by any means, I just enjoy shooting stuff! Thanks and take care

R/

Doc

Hi,

My name is Justin, I really enjoy the site so I went green. I just got out of the Navy, I was a Corpsman I had six years active and three in the reserves. Did most my time with the Marines including both tours. I grew up hunting and fishing and the service only built upon that and my love of guns. Im not a gunsmith by any means, I just enjoy shooting stuff! Thanks and take care

R/

Doc

Welcome to NES Doc.

That's a good looking GSD in your avatar.

Hi!
I'm a Mom with 3 boys. We don't live in the greatest of neighborhoods and my Husband is out late night a few nights a week. He and 2 of my son's also go out of town for their activities. I was tired of being afraid even though we have dogs and a secure house. I decided to empower myself. I started shooting 4-6 hours per week and it's better than yoga. I live in Bristol County, MA.

Back
Top Bottom