• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello Glenn,

Glad to hear of the good experience here on the forum, awesome to see the support by the membership.
Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Hi,
My name is Justin, been enjoying the NES site for a while and finally put some of the incredible knowledge and advice here and bought my first gun, a Sig P226 from First Defense in Uxbridge. I mentioned I'd learned about First Defense from NES and it sounded like they get a lot of customers from NES.
I've got a lot to learn and NES looks like a great place to learn from!

Hi,
My name is Matt. I have been an NRA member on/off for the last 20 yrs. I am applying my LTC-A this month. I found the forum thru the web researching firearms and the LTC process. I have found an extraordinary amount of info here. Looking at the S&W40 for my first purchase.

Thanks, Matt

Hello Matt,

Thanks for joining the forum and even better supporting it by going green.
Hope you continue to enjoy the forum and look forward to having you in the discussions.

Hey there, Rich here.

Been lurking a couple weeks and decided to dive in! I'll be going for my first LTC this spring. All the info posted here has been great. I'm quite new to all this, and will be pleased to make all your acquaintances.

Hello Rich,

Well you found a great place to hang while your going through the process on the LTC, enjoy the site.

Hi Folks, my name is Jamie, and I live in Laconia, NH. I've been lurking here at NES for awhile as you can tell by my registration date. I figured it was time to come out of the shadows and say hello, and thanks for all the great information regarding firearms laws, local gun clubs, and of course the classifieds! My fiancee and I have been getting into the hobby over the past year and have been building a burgeoning collection with a focus on CCW pieces and military surplus rifles/side arms.

Hello Jamie,

1st post in 2 years - glad to see you decided to finally post :)
Hope you enjoy the discussions and the site.

Names Nick, just got out of the Marine Corps a month ago. I Was a grunt, I also served in WAshington DC at Marine Barracks 8th&I...oldest post in the Corps...OhhhhRAH! Did Ceremonial and Presidential security in and around the nations capitol. I found this site thankfully while searching google. I always wanted to find a NE gun forum. A little about myself, I love shooting, I usually go every other day and practice random stuff, I love tactical shooting,(wearing Flak,Kevlar,BDU's) Something about it gets my adrenaline going and I love it and Im good at it. Right now Im currently doing the whole SHTF scenarios, stocking up on ammo, currently have an Bushmaster M4A3 and an AK-47 as well as my trusty Springfield 1911A1. My Range is Londonderry Fish and game, since its practically in my backyard, I love it I love it :) ! Well if you guys want to know anything else just ask I don't bite and if you'd like to shoot definitely let me know. Thanks guys great to be here.

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your service. Glad to have you on board here. Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in the discussions.

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself, I'm from Warren, MA, I recently applied for my LTC/A and found this forum during my searches. I have already learned quite a bit by reading posts here so I hope to learn even more! and am just waiting for my LTC/A to be approved so I can purchase my choice of pistol! :) Glad you have this forum and hope to be able to add to it in some way!
Thanks!
Kirk

Hello NES, Name is Chris and I am new to the forum although I have been in the background for a while now. I am a college student at UMass Amherst and am counting the days until my LTC is here! Great site that I will be sure to use to be helped and hopefully help others. From the Western Mass area and am a member of the Swift River Sportsman's Club in Belchertown. Glad to be here and look forward to using the forum!

Hello and welcome Kirk and Chris,

2 more joining in make yourselves right at home. Great group of people here with lots of knowledge and good discussions.
Hope to see you both posting and best of luck on the LTC process.

Hi All,
just joined,posted a couple times and found this thread.
Name is Dave, live in NH (by Lake Sunapee-not on the lake thou !),moved up here to NH 13 years ago and love it (used to reside in PSRNJ-what a change !).Love to go to gun auctions,some shows and been collecting,shooting and hunting for many years.I collect;German,Austrian pre war doubles,Lugers,Walthers,Browinings,Colts,some Rugers,just about anything.Like the song says "I Like guns"
Have my C&R and hope to one day have a Dealer FFL and shop-need to find someone gun crazy as I am to join me.

Will poke around some more, looks like a great place,thanks for letting me join!

Hey everyone, just found this thread and I'm new so I guess it makes sense to post on it.

My name is Ben, I'm 25yrs old, and I live in Dracut, Ma. I have been shooting for most of my life but only recently have gotten my LTC (hard to shoot with no money being a broke college kid). Now that I can afford it I am looking to start my own collection. My first purchase was a new Sig P226 9mm, and I love it. Just now getting around to get some toys for it as well. That is where I found out about NES (Four Seasons in Woburn, MA - A great place!) I am also looking into buying an AR but am torn between a Bushmaster and the Sig 556. Maybe someone on here can give me some personal advice/personal experience to help me out.

I am looking to become a member at my local Sportsman's Club, going through the application phase now, and will soon join GOAL and NRA.

I just want to say thank you to everyone on here, you have already been a great help.

Thank you.

Hi Ben. Welcome to NES. Enjoy.

Hey everyone, just found this thread and I'm new so I guess it makes sense to post on it.

My name is Ben, I'm 25yrs old, and I live in Dracut, Ma. I have been shooting for most of my life but only recently have gotten my LTC (hard to shoot with no money being a broke college kid). Now that I can afford it I am looking to start my own collection. My first purchase was a new Sig P226 9mm, and I love it. Just now getting around to get some toys for it as well. That is where I found out about NES (Four Seasons in Woburn, MA - A great place!) I am also looking into buying an AR but am torn between a Bushmaster and the Sig 556. Maybe someone on here can give me some personal advice/personal experience to help me out.

I am looking to become a member at my local Sportsman's Club, going through the application phase now, and will soon join GOAL and NRA.

I just want to say thank you to everyone on here, you have already been a great help.

Thank you.

Hey Ben,

Glad to have another from the merrimac valley coming through, I shoot at HHRG in Haverhill if your ever interested let me know.
Enjoy the board.

Thank you guys. These forums have already been a great help, and the people here seem very friendly.

Dirty, my brother used to live in Haverhill so we might take you up on that offer someday. Thank you.
And I just saw your Air Rifle Safari.....HAHAHAHA That is Awesome!! Should be a great time.

Hey Ben,

Glad to have another from the merrimac valley coming through, I shoot at HHRG in Haverhill if your ever interested let me know.
Enjoy the board.

Last edited:
Thank you guys. These forums have already been a great help, and the people here seem very friendly.

Dirty, my brother used to live in Haverhill so we might take you up on that offer someday. Thank you.

My pleasure - I tend to go mostly weekends so keep that in mind. Just send me a private message if and when your ready :)

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for about a month, but I finally signed up today. I'm Eric, I'm 31 and I'm from Pawtucket.

I used to shoot with my dad when I was a kid. I find myself missing those times so I'm getting back into it. He's passed now, and the friends we had with property have either also gone on, moved or sold off the land, so I'm looking at nearby ranges. I found out about NES when I was looking for hours for Competition Shooting Supplies. The first hit on google directed me here. John's been really helpful with all my newb questions, and I picked up my first purchase from him a couple weeks ago, a Ruger GP100.

Aside from a renewed interest in firearms, as hobbies go I like to hike and camp.

I guess thats it for now. This seems like a decent little community you've got going, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you folks!

Glad to have you here Eric,

Happy to see your getting back into the community of firearms.
You will enjoy the site for sure and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Hi all, just checkin in and saying hi.

My name is Mike, 33, live on the cape. I've had my LTC A (wife too) for about a year and a half. I enjoy this forum quite a bit and thanks to "blindfire" I am now green. (Karma thread) This forum has given me some great info on everything and I hope I can contribute some of my own knowledge in the future. I recently bought a Bushmaster lower and I'm attempting to build my first AR. Its going great and I have definitely caught the black rifle fever.

I shoot at the town range in Barnstable [cringe] but would ideally like to join Shawme in Sandwich. (not really sure who to contact) Anyway, its nice to be a part of a great forum such as this and I hope to get involved.

And thanks again to "blindfire" for helping a guy he doesn't even know. [smile]

Hello every one. My name's Rick, i live in cape cod....on the very tip of it -_-. I just got my LTC card and looking forward to buying my first gun hopefully in about a week to a month (tax return paying for it thankfully). I actually came across the forums by just googling gun shops in mass.

Back
Top Bottom