• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello Mike and Rick,

Welcome to you both, glad to have you. Very nice gesture from "blindfire" that is the sort of thing you see often with the great people here on NES. Hope you both enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

Hello to everyone who has put up with me for the past year. Having taken just over a year to get motivated I have finally become a card carrying member (I know there is no card) of N.E.S.. I am retired and now devote most of my time to restoring military vehicles. My user name was picked because all you here from Muslims is how peaceful they are but they also seem to kill everything that moves. Although I do not hunt I support the endeavor 100%. I have a LTC A & E permit as well as a C.& R. because of the weaponry I come into contact with. That is all. Jon

Hi Everyone, I'm out here in Northwest Montana. Trying to contact one of the members about a gun he has for sale. He states in his post to PM or email him. I PM'ed him. How do I send a email to him. Thanks for the help. Nice fourms you have.

Hello Peaceful and Ready,

Sounds like you got some pretty cool projects with the restorations Peaceful- hopefully you will share some pics with us.
Look forward to having you in the discussions.

Ready if you know the username of the member you should be able to message them here direct by their profile for their email.

Hey Derek, Semper Fi.. New member here.. Live in MA and have been shooting all my life. I've known about NES for some time now and finally have the time to participate in shooting a lil more so am getting back into competitive shooting. Was fortunate enough to be intro'd into New England Hi-Power competition a few yrs ago. Wasn't really competing,just enjoying the time I got to spend out there. Now am actively pursuing it. Looking forward to enjoying the site..

Hello everyone,

I'm John, I live in Medford, MA. I've had my licence and have been shooting for about a year and love it. I'm a member of the Braintree Rifle and Pistol club.

It took me a while to find these forums though! I wish I found them sooner there is a lot of good info here.

Hello Bucknutj and John,

Glad to have you both on the site. Sounds like you will both fit right in.
Enjoy the site and hope to see you in the discussions. (btw John I see Medfa and all I can think of is Bob's chix parm sub yummmm)

Patiently Waiting!

Hi everyone, My name is David not green yet but will be soon. I live in Rehoboth MA. My wife and I are waiting are LTC-A in mail but it has only been 2 weeks. I know it is gonna be awhile [grin]
I had a carry permit in NH then moved to MA, I have a about 5yrs experience my wife zip. But shot with her Dad as a teen. MA laws are making my head spin, But I must say Rehoboth's Police force treated us wonderfully. Did both apps,pics and prints in 10 min. then gave a tour and intro to the officer's. From what I have been reading on this site that is far from the norm in MA.
I do Have one quick question,I don't think I am in the right forum But, I am new to MA so go easy on me. Do I need to wait for my Card to go to a gun show in MA? I believe there is one comming up in Wilmington MA next weekend and I thought that would be a great place to put my wifes hands on alot of handguns at one shot.(she has very small hands)I am looking at S&W MP 9 or 40 for our bedside and that is not going to fly with her size. any info would be great. Thanx in advance

Hello folks. I really enjoyed all the conversation here so i decided to join. Theres so much info. I have many questions and hope to answer some. Ive live on Cape Cod, love to surf fish, Bass, Blues, etc. Also spend a lot of time in NH near Sunapee. Have been an avid bird hunter my adult life. Ready to expand my horizons, so i may be inquiring about Deer and Boar in the near future. Shotgunning is my shootin bread and butter, but i also enjoy my 45 and 22's. Will soon be in the market for a slug gun. I look forward to future discussions with you all.

I signed up a couple years ago and this being my third time using the forum, i am finally checking in. my name is caleb and i am an avid outdoorsmen. i enjoy pheasant hunting with my dad and fishing with my friends. i hope to use this site to learn from others and gain knowledge of the sport.

Hello David,

Welcome and glad to have you here - you can attend the show without license in hand, some dealers may request you show them said license before handling any guns but i am sure you can explain the situation to them if that comes up.

Hello Fishengame,

Glad you have enjoyed the site so far, hope to see you in the discussions also.

Hello Caleb,

Welcome and happy to see you finally breaking the ice with a post.

Hello everyone,

I hail from Walpole, Mass. I used to be a very avid shooter, doing mostly .22 competitions, but about two years ago was forced to quit due to serious time and financial constraints (didn't help my gun club was in Reading, it's a considerable trip just for some range time). Now, I am looking to get back into it, and hopefully at a range significantly closer to me. In any case, I was searching around to find answers to some questions I had, and saw the great community and wealth of knowledge here on Northeast Shooters, and decided to request membership. Thanks!

Hello - my name is John and I've been a firearm-a-holic since I first shot in Boy Scouts when I was 10 years old. Shortly thereafter my grandfather gave me his model 1890 Winchester that he bought new from the Sears and Roebuck catalog. He bought it so my grandmother would have something small around the house to keep the varmints out of the garden. I must have put thousands of rounds through that little pop gun and recently passed it on to my son who is a member here; I'm here on his recommendation.

I like everything I've seen and read here so I thought it my duty to become a supporting member.
[thumbsup]

Welcome, John! I'm new here myself, and I've found this place to be a great source of discussion and information; enjoy!

Hi everyone

Hello, I'm from Boscawen, NH. I am also the son of Tim L. and one of the few of the new generation that knows enough about politics and firearms to be conservative now, at 19 and skip the hippie bullcrap phase. I am currently in college for criminal justice but hope to continue on for a bachelors in history, and since this is a firearms forum i figure i should mention that my carry gun is a taurus pt99

Hello all,

My name is Justin I live in Sutton, MA. Just went and took my basic safety course with Dennis over at First Defense. Going tomorrow to apply for my LTC. Then comes the waiting and figuring out what to buy and where to shoot it.

Hello all!
My name is Matthew and I live in Douglas. I am a licensed electrician and a veteran U.S. Army infantryman. My firearms experience is mostly military in nature i.e. more belt-fed machine guns than shotguns. I am presently working with a Glock 23 and a Stag Model 8 to satisfy my M-4 withdrawls. Other members can catch me most weekends on the range at the Uxbridge Rod and Gun Club. I discovered this forum while researching various Massachusetts gun laws. Looking forward to plinking two-cents randomly!

Hello everyone,
I'm Mike and I live in Princeton. I grew up in CT shooting with my uncle on Saturdays at his club where they had a weekend PPC course. I had a LTC in CT and got my Class A in Mass years ago, but most of my guns were in Ct until recently when my dad passed away. Right now I'm trying to get back into shooting again and I'm trying to find information about Leominster Sportsmans Club, Norco, and the Nimrod Club of Holden as all three are close by. I'm interested mostly in pistol shooting, but like rifle and trap shooting too. Hopefully I'll find a new home club soon. I'm an NRA and G.O.A.L. Member. Thanks for a great board

Look at all the new names - Welcome to each one of you.

wlirish08 - love your post - glad to have you on board.
Justin - glad to have you here and best of luck with the ltc process
Matthew - thanks for your service and happy you found the site.
Mike- sounds like you will fit in perfectly here, hope to see you in the discussions.

Enjoy the forum and be safe.

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to stop in to say hi and get some questions answered. Well, my name is Rasy, I'm 26 yrs old married with 2 kids. I live in lowell and been here pretty much my entire life, I have a class a ltc restricted since spring of 2010 so I'm pretty new to all of this. I found out about this website just by searching the web for answers that are gun related. Now my questions, I know there are threads about ltc alp in lowell but none recently so I was wondering if anyone in lowell recently renewed there ltc and got a none restrited license? Second, is there any gun clubs around lowell that has an indoor range where the target doesnt have to be all the way down range at 50ft? That's all i got for now and any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, hello everybody and we'll talk again soon. Thanks in advance.

Hey Everyone,
My name is Jeremy, I'm originally from Worcester, MA but moved to Charlton last year. I am 22, just graduated college last year and have now become part of the 9-5 workforce. I haven't been shooting firearms very long, but I was always shooting BB, Pellet or Paintball guns as a kid. I am currently waiting on a Class A LTC ALP from the Charlton PD. Should be here sometime next week. I am also a member of Auburn Sportsman Club. I stumbled upon this site whilst looking for info on MA gun laws and doing research on what my first gun will be. I now browse the forums regularly looking for interesting topics and used guns.
Thanks,
Jeremy

Hello Rasy and Jeremy,

Welcome to the forum to both of you.

Rasy to answer your questions - I do not have experience in Lowell myself but I have read that many times restrictions are removed when you got to renew the license and you request it. Other then that you will need to look directly into other peoples experiences in the past to see what they have done. Indoor ranges are different for each club or range. A few public ranges like Bob's and Manchester Firing Line allow different distances. I shoot at the outside range at my club HHRG if you ever want to make the trip that way I can host you on a weekend.

Jeremy best of luck on the LTC process - hope to see you in the discussions.

Hey Hydrogenous,

Glad to have another fighting the good fight with us. Thanks for being active and calling your rep.
Hope to see you in the discussions and enjoy the site.

Hi everyone. New guy here checking in from Blackstone,ma. A few months back my father and I took Mike Burchman's (homegunsafety.com) home firearms safety class. We have both since received our LTC class a licences. I'm a bit new to this but have really enjoyed reading a lot of posts here. I am sure i'll be asking a lot of questions. Seems like there are a lot of great people here with a wealth of information to share. I am 38, currently engaged and have one son. I've been a Ford technician for the past 21 years.

I currenty have two handguns. A Walther P22, and a Ruger SR9C. My grandfather will be passing down his Browning rifles to me. We just need to find the time to have my local ffl handle the paper work for us. One is a 12 gauge shot gun and the other is a 30-06.

I am looking to join a local range soon. Any that might be recommended?

Jim

Hello all. New to the forum, originally from Utah and moved to Ayer, MA a little while ago. It is eye opening with the different laws that surround firearms here, but I think I am finally understanding the rules so that I can bring my firearms from UT. Should shortly be receiving my LTC A and I joined Harvard Sportsmen's Club this week. I am looking forward to participate in some of the shooting sports here. I have enjoyed all the information here on the forums and it has already helped me a ton. Looking forward to interacting and hopefully meeting many of you in the future.

Hello all. New to the forum, originally from Utah and moved to Ayer, MA a little while ago. It is eye opening with the different laws that surround firearms here, but I think I am finally understanding the rules so that I can bring my firearms from UT. Should shortly be receiving my LTC A and I joined Harvard Sportsmen's Club this week. I am looking forward to participate in some of the shooting sports here. I have enjoyed all the information here on the forums and it has already helped me a ton. Looking forward to interacting and hopefully meeting many of you in the future.
Welcome aboard!

Hello I am Aaron and joined a few months ago but just saw this post. I am from north Attleboro ma and am relatively new to the gun world, but am enjoying it so far. I heard about the website from a friend who was too cheap to take full advantage of it. I am just about to build my first AR and am very excited about it. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom