• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi, like many others I've viewed and enjoyed these discussion threads for sometime but finally joined up today when I decided I needed to seek some advice on trying to get my license through. For a link to my little tale of woe, click here http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/125827-4-months-many-phone-calls-and-still-no-license-Fitchburg-Ma?p=1815097#post1815097
A little about me, I've had an intellectual interest in guns and military history my whole life and when I started going to the shooting range with a friend last year I decided it was time to become licensed. I have a particular interest in WW2 military surplus rifles and am looking forward to picking up a good mauser k98 or if I can't succeed in that- a Lee Enfield or Mosin Nagant.
I also plan to acquire a basic 12-gauge pump for clays and a .22lr pistol for plinking, and shooting range in central mass that allows for all of the above. All in good time... my sincere thanks to the veteran members and moderators for the opportunity to participate here!

Hi all,
I've been poking around the site for a few weeks now, and finally decided to bite the bullet and sign up.

I've been around guns for many years, though I've never found myself in a financial position where I could comfortably afford a gun. I'm hoping to buy my first this weekend at the gun show in Rutland, Vt.

Welcome to Kenpoman7 and Raptorman :)

Thanks for the support of the forum raptor.
Look forward to seeing you both in the discussions.

New to the site and excited to be a member. I've been around firearms since I was a kid and my father taught me to shoot. Recently I moved to MA from VT so I'm getting used to the new laws.

Greetings to all!

Hello Eambrette,

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you on the board.
Sorry to hear you ended up in MA (for your guns sake) other then that enjoy!

Found this forum on a web search regarding Weymouth, MA LTC information. Great site. I am currently in the process of obtaining my license and deciding what kind of handgun I might get first, as I am brand new to handguns. I have done trap shooting and rifle shooting before, but would not call myself over-experienced in either. I am grateful to have a place to go to ask people who know just what in the hell that they are talking about!

Hi all,
I am a sixty year old retired man who lives in Plymouth, Massachusetts. I have been hunting and shooting firearms since I was seventeen years old. I have hunted in most of New England (upland game, deer and this year bear) and once in Canada. I have had a LTC for twenty-five years, but they were not called LTC then. I enjoy shooting firearms at the range, both rifle and pistol. I own four pistols (S&W99 in a 40 cal, Ruger LCR in 38+P, Walther PK380, as in the name .380, Ruger Super Blackhawk, 44 mag. & a Davis Deringer 38 cal), three rifles (Winchester modle 70, 30-06, Marlin lever action in a 35 Remington, Rossi 223 in a single shot) and three shotguns. I actully found this website by asking a question in Google and it directed me to this website. I don't know how I could have missed this all these years. I am often on the web looking for the experience of others in the fields of hunting and firearms. I often offer what I have gained in exprience over the years. Thank you for this service.
Snowshoe

Last edited:
Hi,
Moved into MA from CT about 4 years ago, had to be done for work otherwise I'd probably settle in a free'er state. Anyway, I'm still glad to be here and to finally join NES as a member. Been shooting for 27+ years, rifle, shotgun and pistols. Got a CT state championship to my name for Trap. Now I'm focused mostly on perfecting my defensive pistol skills. Became an NRA pistol instructor a few years ago to teach other people the joys of firearms and to ensure more people in MA apply for their LTC. Really glad to have found NES and have such a great forum to discuss and exchange ideas about all things firearms related as well as off the topic stuff. NES was suggested to me by a coworker so thanks to him too.

Hi NES,
I’ve been lurking on the board for a long time now and figure it’s finally time to post. I want to thank NES for being such a great resource. It gave me the info and the push I needed to get licensed in Mass. I’ve learned so much from you all; NES is really a great community. I’m looking forward to continuing to learn from you all.

~Taipan

Hi NES,

I'm born, raised, and currently live in the Southeast. I've had and used my concealed-carry permit for over 14 years. A career move may take me to MA or CT. I'm trying to learn the ropes. Wow, y'all have some crazy laws up here. It's just hard for me to grasp that part of every day life in one state can be a felony in another.

Anyway, Hi all!

Hi NES,

I'm born, raised, and currently live in the Southeast. I've had and used my concealed-carry permit for over 14 years. A career move may take me to MA or CT. I'm trying to learn the ropes. Wow, y'all have some crazy laws up here. It's just hard for me to grasp that part of every day life in one state can be a felony in another.

Anyway, Hi all!
Seriously if you don't have to live in MA move to a freer state, like NH, VT.Whichever would be closer to your work. As you will find out, so many of us are working on moving out of this state.

Seriously if you don't have to live in MA move to a freer state, like NH, VT.Whichever would be closer to your work. As you will find out, so many of us are working on moving out of this state.

Thanks, I've started a new thread with more details of my situation requesting advice.

Hi NES,

Joined yesterday, but been lurking for a few months to gain insight on how long it would take to get my LTC in Arlington MA. BTW: it took just under 4 weeks - LTC A.

/s/

Wow take a day off to enjoy some shooting and we let all the rift raft in :)

Welcome to our newest members Snowshoe, Sniper977,Taipan, bigiron, and meshferg.
Thank you directly to Sniper977 and Taipan for supporting the forum and going green.

Glad to see you all here and hope that you will jump in on the discussions. Look forward to seeing you posting.

Hello SigGrl,

Glad to have you on board here. I see the thanks to Fooped - great guy glad to see he helped a fellow shooter- we expect nothing less.
Enjoy the board and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

I see you already got the heads up on the pre-ban cat carbine by your photo :)

Howdy!
Like some others here I've been reading around this forum for a few years now and finally got around to register. I am a born and raised Vermonter and have no plans on ever leaving! I paid for my first .22 when I was 12. Worked all summer for that gun. I grew up hunting quite a bit with my dad but unfortunately took quite a few years off due to school and work but now have gotten back into the woods. I never stopped target shooting and that continues to be my favorite hobby. This is a great forum and I look forward to getting some great advice from you all!

Hello, been on the forums for a while just never registered, figured its time.

Applied for my LTC class A no restrictions a few weeks ago in Blackstone MA no problem and can't wait till its in. Love that theres a forum to discuss this stuff in NE and seems like a really great community [grin] Look forward to viewing and sharing experiences.

Rob

Hello Rob,

Glad to see you made the decision to register, you should think about going green as a full member. You will not be disappointed.
happy to hear you had no problem getting no restrictions on your ltc :)
Post away and get in the discussions... enjoy

What's up guys. Just registered on this site yesterday...I love it so far. I live in central MA and I have been shooting off and on my whole life. Started back with my grandfather when I was about 7. However, my parents are pretty hardcore about me not owning guns, but this summer I applied for my Class A LTC and got it with virtually no problems at all. I also recently bought a Ruger GP100...it's quite a cannon! I'm not around MA much since I go to school in Seattle, WA...where there are virtually no gun laws...no permits to own, just to carry concealed...which is so shocking to me after going though the motions to get the Class A in MA! I'm glad to be here, and I look forward to interacting with you all!

I've dabbling around on here long enough that I finally decided to register. Born in RI, determined it blows there and recently relocated to the Dirty City where I work in Sanitation. I've been a huge fan of shooting and loud noises since I was young. I took an Oath 8 years ago and uphold it to this day, refined my shooting as a LRRP in the USA and kind of fell off track with it all when I came back home, until about a year ago. I am partial to .45's, own a couple of sexy 1911's, I love chicken terryaffalo style, deli pastramis, egg foo young and general tso's, I prefer Starbucks but if I want to drink my coffee within an hour of buying it I get a Dunkies. I coach RI youth football for my son who is 12 and I pay my cell phone bill for my quick thumbed 14 y.o daughter. I am scared to death of the water but love the beach and fishing. I have fantasized since a young man about ways to rig "Plinko" on The Price is Right in order to make it a sure shot maximum winning experience, best I came up with was clear filament guide strings to shunt the Plinko chip to the 10,000 spot.

I plan on switching my life over to a full fledged Ma**h*** in the next few weeks and cant wait to start the process of applying for an LTC-a. I am a huge supporter/contributor of my fellow Veterans and their successful recovery following returning home, and intend on continuing to do so in Mass.

Thanks for having me,
Sean

Hello Kabar8315 and Ceaseefforts (Sean)

Glad to have you both here.

Kabar - good for you going ahead with the LTC process - you should see if you can get your mom/dad down to the range one day with you.
Sean that is one great introduction - and I have read plenty of them. Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your stay.

Get posting guys look forward to seeing you in the discussions. And you should both think about going green "becoming official member of NES" it is well worth it.

My name is Warren, Im in Fall River. I will be getting my lic in a few weeks. I just applied to the Taunton Rifle and Pistol club. I had a glock 19 when I was in the Coast Guard. Got rid of it when I got out. Wish I hadnt.(oh well) but im looking to get back into shooting and look forward to learning something new from you all. :)

Got my LTC un-restricted in Boston in the mail this week. Bought a Sig Sauer P239. So psyched to head to a range/club tomorrow. This forum is great, and a bit overwhelming. So much to learn. Very happy to be here. I'm 35 and finally exercising my right. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom