New folks check in and say HI #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome CJ. I'm happy to see that you're interested in firearms and getting your dad going in the sport as well. Enjoy and be an active participant in the forums. We all can contribute something and more importantly, learn from each other.
Have fun!
Jon

There are over 700 people registered now. Remember back in the day (oh so many months ago) when there were less than 200 registered users and only 20 or so of us posting regularly?

Derek, you've created a monster [wink]

Yeah...Not too positive I can teach you guys a whole lot but who knows...I'm looking forward to becoming a more active member in the community.

Kalahari said:
Yeah...Not too positive I can teach you guys a whole lot but who knows...I'm looking forward to becoming a more active member in the community.

It's not always about teaching, it's also about learning. And believe you me, there's some great knowledge in these here walls.

It's like this is the MIT of the gun community.

Yeah, no doubt about that...Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome...Sometimes I get a few bad looks because of my younger age but hey, everyone was 15 at some point.

Welcome to NES Kalahari...Like C-pher said, it's not always about what you can teach. I've learned an AWFUL LOT since being an NES member, and I look forward to getting home from work everyday and checking out the board and seeing what the buzz is. We've got a great community here with nothing but respect for each other.

Edited because I've had a long day and mentioned the wrong name...Sorry C-pher. [oops]

C-pher said:
dreppucci007 said:
My bad C-pher, I know it was you that said that...It's just been a LONG day and I don't know what the hell I was typing.

I hear ya, it's just been happening a lot around here. It's pretty funny. :D

It's nothing personal...Thanks for having a good sense of humor about my mistake...I'll be more careful next time [roll] [lol]

Welcome, kalahari!
Good to see the youth chiming in.
I have a daughter of nearly 16 who shoots as well.

As to "and a foreign single-shot rifle from the Juniors program":
1st bet: Anschuetz
2nd bet: Feinwerkbau
Bingo ?

Welcome Kalahari, there is alot of good info here. Our son has been hunting since he was 5 years old. Hope your Dad gets into the sport. It is a great family sport to be in. Keep your ears open here and you will definately learn alot.

JuergenG - I really don't know who makes the rifle...All I know is that it's a .22 bolt action single shot rifle. It isn't made of wood, it's actually a green color...A quick glance at Anscheutz and Feinwerkbau's websites didn't show anything recognizable...

Heh, if there's one thing I've realized about the firearms community, it's how friendly everyone is. I really love it. I also play tennis and the coaches and staff that you meet aren't nearly as warm and sincere as the people I've met at the MRA. Thanks again guys.

Welcome CJ,

Hope you enjoy it here.

Good luck getting your Dad interested in shooting.

If you have questions, do a Search of this site and if it hasn't been answered yet or to your satisfaction, ask away!

Welcome to the Forum CJ. Always good to see some younger blood joining the shooting fraternity. Don't be afraid to ask questions, there's a wealth of knowledge available here.

Derry, NH checking in...

I just came over from CombatCarry.com to check you guys out. One of the members over there mentioned this site in a thread last night and I wanted to see how it was. Looks nice!

Welcome gddyup and glad to see you join us over here.

You should find this forum to be every bit as enjoyable as CC, just with a different focus.

I'm glad I was able to coax you to try us out. [wink]

Greetings all,

After months of lurking and soaking up information, I thought i'd finally make my first post and come out of the shadows. This seems like the place to be to answer all of life's important questions, what pistol to buy, what gun club to join, you know, the important stuff. It's a good thing that places like this exist, otherwise i'd have to spend my lunch break listening to the latest american idol chatter. Ok, back to reading now, until i have something important to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom