New folks check in and say HI #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: new guy from bedford

jack01730 said:
hi, i'm from bedford, 32 and disabled (i have ms) been shooting for a dozen years or so, rifle, pistol, and airgun. i type with one hand, so i hope you don't mind no caps.

jack

Hi Jack,

Welcome aboard. I'm in Bedford too, so we're probably pretty close to neighbors. We have a good bunch of folks here.

Dave

Hello All,

Mike here - From AZ via GA and PA.
I'm into Full Auto and Suppressors. (I don't have a green card, but ask me about MG shoots)
I like Whisky and Ale. (and extra dry Martinis)
I support both Liverpool FC and the Boston Red Sox.
I'm a Mason. By Fraternity;A Computer Geek. By hire;A Southerner, By the grace of god.
(Sorry I had to put that last one in – The love of my life is also from the South.)

On a gun related note:
Licensed to carry in: Az, CT, FL, UT, MA, ME. (Previously in PA and GA, but they've lapsed)
NRA Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection, Home Firearm Safety Instructor.
NRA Training Councilor, NRA Chief RSO
Utah and Mass State Certified Instructor
Chief Instructor and Member Mass Rifle Association.
CR-FFL
I’ve named a firearm. (The VIDAR by LRM Firearms)
And I'm here because of Lens and SiameseRat. HI GUYS/GALS!

A big welcome Mike!!

PA is covered by your FL CCW. I suspect that you forgot to list a NH CCW, right?

I look forward to seeing you around here now. We're a friendly bunch and will be planning a number of shooting get-togethers this year . . . right Sue? [lol]

Hi Mike, so glad to see you. For more info- Mike was also the best man at my wedding and has personally bought me no less than 100 Guinness (and probably more) over the last year. And his girlfriend is a gorgeous super genius whom I adore. Really, I only like Mike because of his girlfriend and his desire to drown me in Guinness. [twisted] [wink]

SiameseRat said:
Hi Mike, so glad to see you. For more info- Mike was also the best man at my wedding and has personally bought me no less than 100 Guinness (and probably more) over the last year. And his girlfriend is a gorgeous super genius whom I adore. Really, I only like Mike because of his girlfriend and his desire to drown me in Guinness. [twisted] [wink]

Sounds like a good reason to me as well.

A hearty welcome to all the new folks.

Jack, being here and sharing is far more important than typing and Grammar. Of course you're forgiven in advance.

Mike, do you come up my way at all, to Eden (GMBSC)?

I've been here for a few weeks but figured I'd pop in this thread.

I'm Nathaniel, 25, originally from the north shore but living in Boston now and in the process of applying for my LTC-A. I took my safety class at Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun in December with my dad (early christmas present), joined BRP at the beginning of Jan (think I actually met LenS briefly), and got some practice for the Boston Moon Island test (which I'll take tomorrow) with fellow NES member M1911 over in Wayland. Oh and I joined GOAL last week after reading about the proposed insurance legislation.

I’m looking forward to my first trip to Four Seasons after I get my LTC :)

Hi Jen, Hi Len!
Glad to be here.

Nickle - Never done the Green Mountain Boys shoot. Thats a "private" shoot correct? No spectators, invite only? Carl G. has invited me in the past, I've just never made it. (Besides, how can you have a MG shoot without suppressors?)

Originally I hung out with/helped Jim McLoud and the NH crowd. I went to a couple of the Londonderry shoots.
Now when I go to shoots I usually hang out with/help Carl Guiffre and the CT crowd. (P3LLC, D&T Arms, Joel Cramer, etc)

I've been to the Hiram Maxim shoot the last two years it was held, the last time as a volunteer.
I've gone to Hanson since 2001, all times except the first as a volunteer.
I've been to every Westfield shoot, including the demos and I went to the only Metacon Shoot. (All as a worker bee)

SiameseRat worked at the last Westfield shoot with us. Tons o' Fun.

Mike

MikeYarosh said:
Nickle - Never done the Green Mountain Boys shoot. Thats a "private" shoot correct? No spectators, invite only? Carl G. has invited me in the past, I've just never made it. (Besides, how can you have a MG shoot without suppressors?)

Used to be (when it was at Lamoille F&G in Morrisville), not any more. They have their own place to shoot. Spectators are OK as well. Supressors are OK, and I go and take Battle Rifles (Bolt and Semi).

I'll PM you the link.

Nathaniel,

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure that you'll enjoy it here.

Better save up all you can for that first trip to Four Seasons. They are great folks and it's like letting a little kid go at it in a candy store! [lol]

Re: Hello All,

Lynne said:
MikeYarosh said:
A Southerner, By the grace of god.

I'd be a Southerner by choice if I could get the hell out of this state. [lol] Welcome Mike.

And Welcome Nathaniel as well.

I'd still like to know where in the south...as I'm a fellow southerner!

I love to talk to people from back home.

I was born in Texas. (Abilene)
Raised in Az (A Southern state), west side of Phx/Maryvale. (The Barrio)
Lived in GA.(Unincorporated Fulton County on the Roswell line)

I was a military brat. My parents both from Ohio and had Midwestern views.

As the simplest illustration.
They drink the soda of Northern Agression, I drink Coke.

Mike
(Oh, and my mom is a member of HCI/Brady... Kind of funny... I'm a self professed gun nut, she's an anti)

hi all,
My name is Dave.Been lurking here for a few weeks now, found this site from Target Talk, an olympic style shooting forum, Target shooting, free pistol, Match pistol and center fire. As I was looking for some shooters from Mass, a fellow MAss shooter directed me here! Nice to know there are so many shooters here!
Dave

Hey, I'm CJ. I'm only 15 but I'm getting more and more interested in firearms every day. I am in the Juniors program over at the MRA in Walnut Hill...My grandpa is a member there (has been for a long time)...He's working on his LTC/A in Wakefield, but I believe he said he was denied in July for a pretty awful reason. I'm currently residing in Newton with my family of five. My parents really like the fact that I've found a new 'hobby'. I'm slowly convincing my dad to get into the sport and he says he'd like to take a Basic Firearms Safety Course over at the MRA (My grandfather and I actually did it, it was a blast!), so after that he might like it enough to get a membership and apply for an LTC here. Though, I've heard it's pretty damn tough to get an LTC/A ALP here in Newton, I'd really be satisfied with anything...I'll be applying for my FID as well. Found this site from AR15.com...Not much else to say but I love the site already!

Unfortunately I can't say I've shot a whole lot...I've fired a Sig P228 (loved that more than anything), a couple Smith & Wesson revolvers (.22, a .357/.38, that was fun), and a foreign single-shot rifle from the Juniors program. Looking forward to turning 21 and going straight for my LTC and purchasing something.

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom