New folks check in and say HI #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is Mark, I am a college professor, and I am fairly new to shooting (unless you count several years of Boy Scout camp .22). I joined the Northampton Revolver Club this year.

I am proud to say that I can hardly type this after trying out my new S+W 340PD with magnums. Holy crap that hurts.

mdc said:
I am proud to say that I can hardly type this after trying out my new S+W 340PD with magnums. Holy crap that hurts.
To quote someone I won't name, "I feel your pain". I've shot that little beast and yes, it does hurt!

Welcome, Mark!

Greetings from JP

Hello folks. I have been here "in spirit" now for several months lurking because, truth be known, I enjoy taking in the quality info floating around NES as well as the banter alot more than I like to hear myself talk. I'm in the process joining a target club per requirements of BPD in preparation for the submission of MA LTC application so no toys for me as of yet. With basic pistol now behind me, I can't wait for the day to take a trip up to Woburn to see the gentleman Carl for my first tool. Unlike the choices made by most new entrants into shooting sports, it'll likely be a nice K-Frame magnum that follows me home rather than an auto loader. Although I do plan on making the next member of the family after that a 1911.

I'd just like to compliment the NES forum for running a tight ship and also the members for being so classy. It's nice for a chance to find a place to chill and/or exchange information that isn't completely overrun by juveniles.

Moga, I think you're making a fine choice in going with a revolver as a first gun. I am partial to S&W wheel guns, but I also have a few Rugers that I am really fond of.

Yesterday I shot my S&W 625 in a bowling pin match and did quite well with it. There is something special about shooting a big, beefy wheelgun stuffed full of moon-clipped .45s. I love it!

Anyway, Moga, thanks for de-cloaking and jumping into the NES soup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom