• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions - November 2015

Saw this Remington 870 police magnum at the Plymouth show yesterday and went back for it today. The seller said it was the last of a bunch of police trade ins.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1446415501798.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1446415501798.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 265
Saw this Remington 870 police magnum at the Plymouth show yesterday and went back for it today. The seller said it was the last of a bunch of police trade ins.

Nice! I bought one of those at Marlboro last month. Cleaned up nice and Runs great.

Nice find.

I bought one like that from ZHA some years ago (came from Stoughton PD) and have replaced the stock with a Knoxx Recoil-reducing stock. I'll have it at the shoot next week.

I'll be honest, the stock stencil was what drew me in.

JonJ is what drew me in [laugh], we were at ZHA and he said "you have to have one", so I did. Pretty sure that it has a stencil on it too, but I tore my rotator cuff years ago so it's too brutal on the shoulder w/o the new stock. I could now shoot it all day with no pain.

Let the shield v g43 debate continue...

Love the shield, wanted to try the:

c6c30550b3bc4888f002a3ca7fc721a6.jpg

1944 Carcano 1938/43 TS (Troop Special) carbine, 8mm conversion. Matched piece made by Brescia with excellent bore. Traces of white paint on buttstock indicate a possible post-war conversion from 6.5mm and sale to an Arabic nation as a training rifle. If so, it underwent very little training due to its condition, save an arsenal toe repair on the stock.

T

Last edited:
I've always been curious about the Steyr M9-A1. The design has always spoken to me. If you're a fan of Glocks... you're going to love the Steyr. Same grip angle... a GREAT trigger... and less felt recoil.

Also decided to give the new LightDraw holster a try from Vedder Holsters. Basically a copy of the Raven Phantom. (There aren't a whole lot of holster choices out there for the Steyr). Fit and finish is pretty much up there with my Phantoms. Definitely a nice holster.

DSCF0671_800_zpse0fccrdd.jpg

DSCF0677_800_zpszpa7u9lv.jpg

DSCF0688_800_zpszyucs8gp.jpg

DSCF0689_800_zps8fmonwyv.jpg

This would've been in October's thread (But fedex happened, so...)
1.jpg

Ares Defense SCR lower receiver, monte carlo stock. Radical Firearms 20" 6.5 Grendel Upper (this one)
I'll put a couple more pictures in the AR15 thread.

This would've been in October's thread (But fedex happened, so...)
View attachment 150181

Ares Defense SCR lower receiver, monte carlo stock. Radical Firearms 20" 6.5 Grendel Upper (this one)
I'll put a couple more pictures in the AR15 thread.

Awesome, never thought to put it on an ares defenses scr lower. I have the same exact upper but I haven't shot it yet. For the money it seems awesome though!

Awesome, never thought to put it on an ares defenses scr lower. I have the same exact upper but I haven't shot it yet. For the money it seems awesome though!

I was debating the 24" (same price so why not i thought). Glad I didn't, wouldn't have fit in my safe XD

My first ever AR build is starting to take shape lol.
Midstate firearms 16" 1/8 wylde stainless barrel with Midwest industries 12" rail.
Velocity 3lb trigger
Aim nickel boron BCG and charging handle
Magpul k2 grip
Magpul MOE stock
Anderson buffer tube assembly

Just waiting on the Anderson lower and LPK from the group buy and I'm good to go. View attachment 150315View attachment 150316

I stopped by a LGS today to see if they still had a shotgun I was interested in. They had sold it, but then I saw this sitting in the case. It looked lonely, so it had to come home with me. :)
64c14efae4895ccb871c2ca47bd834a3.jpg

Well this came home with me Saturday afternoon from the LGS . . .

1963 Marlin Model Golden 39A

So what's that knob do?
k6nGQGWl.jpg

The Marlin 39a is the OG take down rimfire

PIHlh4kl.jpg

Well this came home with me Saturday afternoon from the LGS . . .

1963 Marlin Model Golden 39A

So what's that knob do?
k6nGQGWl.jpg

The Marlin 39a is the OG take down rimfire

PIHlh4kl.jpg

love it! I have an old 60's 39 like that and I love it.
I try to always load a snap cap as the last round in the tube so when i inevitably lose count after about 16 or 18 rounds i don't drop the hammer on an empty chamber along the way. works great

wall anchors work well for snap caps, feed fine and are cheap to boot

Picked up a Ruger LC9S Pro (9mm) at four seasons today. Great price! Like many others, I'm very impressed with LC9S' stock trigger.. I tested the trigger pull with a cheap tester I have and it ranged from 4.5 - 6lbs (the curved trigger and trigger safety made it hard to get a uniform pull with the tester each time).

I'm not really following how these are MA approved (thought 10lb trigger was a requirement) but it really isn't my problem. The LC9S trigger is tremendously better than the MA trigger on the S&W shield. Kudos to Ruger on getting the LC9S into MA like they have.

Back
Top Bottom