New Acquisitions - November 2015

Picked up a JLD PTR-91. Ran a few rounds through it but haven't gotten a chance to really sight it in yet. Sweet standby while my M1A scout is back at Springfield.
3db3c5a797bcbce2e240106030548695.jpg
3ffc9e3e91a807151f87736d09228b29.jpg
7c79a68c8ef2682020ae54f1d432da1a.jpg

I know, haters are gonna hate, but I had to grab a new Ruger Mini-14. Not crazy about the all black synthetic stock, so I'll have to decide whether to put it in wood, and go retro M14 like clone, or simply ghetto cammo the black plastic.
Took it to Mansfield on Sunday, and out of the box it was able to shoot as well as I do (not saying much).

Homecoming_1426_zpsg0mkosl9.jpg

They've definitely addressed the pencil barrel issue. In fact, with the newer thick barrel, it is actually a bit front heavy.

Homecoming_1428_zps1qpsooct.jpg

Shot my friend's HK45C a couple of weeks ago at MFS, and loved it. So picked one up as part of a package deal at the LGS.

Homecoming_1430_zpsyylcskhy.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Wicked pissa. [emoji1] how does she shoot?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

i havent gotten out to mess with it yet, shot a few rounds to check it out when i finished it and it seemed pretty tight. i still need to get the scope dialed in.

Screw having that job. Me and 2 friends got mine down my bulkhead stairs on the dolly and it wasn't easy, I can't imagine doing it regularly.

Guys that delivered it had a stair climbing/descending dolly that seemed to help a bit, but was still a ton of work

BTW bought the safe at Dependable Lock in Nashua - they were great to work with.

I know, haters are gonna hate, but I had to grab a new Ruger Mini-14. Not crazy about the all black synthetic stock, so I'll have to decide whether to put it in wood, and go retro M14 like clone, or simply ghetto cammo the black plastic.
Took it to Mansfield on Sunday, and out of the box it was able to shoot as well as I do (not saying much).

They've definitely addressed the pencil barrel issue. In fact, with the newer thick barrel, it is actually a bit front heavy.

Shot my friend's HK45C a couple of weeks ago at MFS, and loved it. So picked one up as part of a package deal at the LGS.

Thanks for looking,

Chris

I've got a Mini with a synthetic stock, and bought a wood stock for it. The wood stock needs some fitting and is too tight right now, to the point where the recoil will cause the trigger group to unlatch and fall out.

So there's that to worry about.

I've got a Mini with a synthetic stock, and bought a wood stock for it. The wood stock needs some fitting and is too tight right now, to the point where the recoil will cause the trigger group to unlatch and fall out.

So there's that to worry about.

No worries. looking to put the 583 series into a recent Ruger wood stock. Midway has them:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/86...mini-14-stainless-and-blued-wood-stock-models

"Designed for current model production, this stock assembly is an update of the original design and now includes a rubber recoil pad, a rear sling swivel, and the stock liner and associated hardware. Now you can buy a single part that replaces everything for one price. Sling swivel included is blued."

Chris

Needed an upgrade - Just delivered this morning!

83666e06-ec06-42ca-856c-8552c302af5b_zpsu8mjpaog.jpg

Awesome. Liberty makes great products.
Can't beat having it made in USA
Seems anything else that the big box stores carry is all made in China.

Candelas brand is all made by Liberty by the way.

What's the fire rating on that model? Weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. Liberty makes great products.
Can't beat having it made in USA
Seems anything else that the big box stores carry is all made in China.

Candelas brand is all made by Liberty by the way.

What's the fire rating on that model? Weight?

90 minutes @ 1200 degrees - Weight is ~875 lbs.

I am an old-yankee so hate paying money for things I 'think' I should do myself, but in this case paying for delivery to its final resting place was worth it!

0f92f1cf28c6e49a255df7812681945c.jpg

2015 Silverado followed me home. First new vehicle and I love it. Needless to say, no new guns for a little bit.

No worries. looking to put the 583 series into a recent Ruger wood stock. Midway has them:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/86...mini-14-stainless-and-blued-wood-stock-models

"Designed for current model production, this stock assembly is an update of the original design and now includes a rubber recoil pad, a rear sling swivel, and the stock liner and associated hardware. Now you can buy a single part that replaces everything for one price. Sling swivel included is blued."

Chris

I have a 582 series and that's the stock I bought for it.

Maybe you'll get one that fits better, but mine is too tight.

This just arrived at my local shop for me. Almost left work early to pick it up! Always a good time for pappy!!

IMG_20151119_185531_edit.jpg

Last edited:
Before and After

So I decided to change the appearance of the new Mini-14. I always felt that Ruger missed the mark with their design. In my opinion, it should have been much more similar to the look of an M14, than it was. So here is my rendition of a Mini-14 (with new for November stock, hand guard, and flash hider)

Before:

Homecoming_1426_zpsg0mkosl9.jpg

Homecoming_1428_zps1qpsooct.jpg

After:

Homecoming_1438_zps95xg6hsi.jpg

Homecoming_1439_zpsbpz4g6hw.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom