• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions - November 2015

Nice! So was it a PITA to remove the door?

Three of us deadlifted the door off the two hinges; it was about 200 pounds. Harder was putting it back; three to hold and one guy guiding each of the two pins. It was on sale at Dick's in March of '14 for $999. $180 for set up and delivery.

T

Last edited:

M14E2 stock soon to house my M1A Socom. Waiting on m2 bipod and dummy selector switch kit to arrive.

Ruger 10/22 with Ruger hammer forged barrel, leupold base and rings. Harris bipod and Mueller APV to finish this off.

Romanian SAR1 - regret selling mine a few years back. Had to get another.

Stoger Condor......just because nickel plated over and under with 18" slug barrels is neat.

Last edited:
Been adamant about Glocks for so many years but finally bit the bullet and purchased my first Sig Sauer. I hurts me truly to admit that I shoot 10 times better with this firearm than the many Glocks I've owned. Ouch.

image-1682556108.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I took my son to the pistol range today on his 14th birthday. This his first time with a pistol. He chose my 1936 M34 Beretta in .380, and I used the new M08 .380 Browning. He used 95gr. Prvi JHPs on the pumpkin and I used 50gr. Liberty HPs on the cantaloupe. The 1500fps Liberty round is devastating - thats only 1 round into the cantaloupe.

T

I bought the field and stream 32 last black friday. Got it all situated and go to open it... broken.

- - - Updated - - -

So open it before you bring it upstairs/in house

I have that safe also. Luckily no issues. What was broken?

I got me on of those as well. Unfortunately (but fortunately at the same time) it's a Christmas gift from the girlfriend. I'm still trying to convince her to wrap it and bring it to christmas day with the fam, she isn't on board with that yet.

And also this beauty is coming together. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 22
466749d82fad31b5931fc891c4dad05a.jpg

Winter project has started.

Would not open. Called field and stream to verify password. Safe would not unlock. They ended up delivering a new one to house and into the room and took away the old one. So either the lock/combo was broken or they had mixed up the combo to the safe and it was cheaper/easier for them to swap out the whole safe.

Romanian SAR1 - regret selling mine a few years back. Had to get another.

My first AK was an SAR1 I bought back in 2003. It's crude, not machined very well, has a slight cant to the front sight, but I'll never sell it because it was my first and it's ate at least over 4,000 rounds of 7.62x39 with zero issues. [grin]

I took my son to the pistol range today on his 14th birthday. This his first time with a pistol. He chose my 1936 M34 Beretta in .380, and I used the new M08 .380 Browning. He used 95gr. Prvi JHPs on the pumpkin and I used 50gr. Liberty HPs on the cantaloupe. The 1500fps Liberty round is devastating - thats only 1 round into the cantaloupe.

T

Pew Pew Pew

My first AK was an SAR1 I bought back in 2003. It's crude, not machined very well, has a slight cant to the front sight, but I'll never sell it because it was my first and it's ate at least over 4,000 rounds of 7.62x39 with zero issues. [grin]

Hah! This one is actually pretty solid...shockingly.

Would not open. Called field and stream to verify password. Safe would not unlock. They ended up delivering a new one to house and into the room and took away the old one. So either the lock/combo was broken or they had mixed up the combo to the safe and it was cheaper/easier for them to swap out the whole safe.
wow, glad they took care of you, and hopefully relatively quick.

Those look really nice - looking at some other options for my 938. Post back how you like them when they come in

I actually own a few from him already. If they are anything like what i already own and I'm sure they will be, there really isn't any better that I've found. I love how adjustable they are in terms of how low or high you want the gun to sit. My P239 I can busy right into my waistband without issue, I'm sure the 938 is going to disappear.

I actually own a few from him already. If they are anything like what i already own and I'm sure they will be, there really isn't any better that I've found. I love how adjustable they are in terms of how low or high you want the gun to sit. My P239 I can busy right into my waistband without issue, I'm sure the 938 is going to disappear.

Thanks - did you get (or have) the metal reinforced versions or the normal version - curious as to what fits/works better

Back
Top Bottom