• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions - November 2015

This just arrived at my local shop for me. Almost left work early to pick it up! Always a good time for pappy!!

View attachment 151435

Enjoy! All of my high end whiskies are considered part of my art collection, never to be touched. My friends think I'm crazy, but that's because they want me to give them a dram...

So I decided to change the appearance of the new Mini-14. I always felt that Ruger missed the mark with their design. In my opinion, it should have been much more similar to the look of an M14, than it was. So here is my rendition of a Mini-14 (with new for November stock, hand guard, and flash hider)

Before:

Homecoming_1426_zpsg0mkosl9.jpg

Homecoming_1428_zps1qpsooct.jpg

After:

Homecoming_1438_zps95xg6hsi.jpg

Homecoming_1439_zpsbpz4g6hw.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Sweet transformation. Nice job!

Enjoy! All of my high end whiskies are considered part of my art collection, never to be touched. My friends think I'm crazy, but that's because they want me to give them a dram...

yeah I used to do that with guns but then realized what's the fun of having them if I don't shoot them, so I sold all the ones I never shot and now whatever I buy I shoot. No matter how collectible it is, like my 03A4. If I can't bring myself to shoot it or drink it, I won't buy it. Same with my whiskies, drink the pappy, the stagg, the taylor, the parkers, etc. Much more fun than just looking at them! [wink]

Nothing too crazy, but I picked up a Yugo SKS. Tore it all down and cleaned the cosmoline off. Didnt really need the rifle but its the only rifle my brother was able to sell off when my father was on his deathbed. Something about it was just calling me.

Attachments

• 20151124_204448.jpg
    20151124_204448.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:
Always wanted an AK in the collection, grabbed this WASR 10 from Northeast Arms today. Already have the furniture off, stripped and re-stained in a darker cherry red, need to get a better pistol grip and she'll be complete.
IMG_1244.jpg

And while I was there grabbed the Vortex VMX-3T magnified to go along with my Vortex Strikefire II on my AR, all in all a good day!
IMG_1257.jpg

Always wanted an AK in the collection, grabbed this WASR 10 from Northeast Arms today. Already have the furniture off, stripped and re-stained in a darker cherry red, need to get a better pistol grip and she'll be complete.
View attachment 151869

And while I was there grabbed the Vortex VMX-3T magnified to go along with my Vortex Strikefire II on my AR, all in all a good day!
View attachment 151870

post an After pic of the WASR

Amoskeag auction mail-in bid win: 1907 Browning M1900 .32acp. Matched, about 85%, very good grips and bore. Shoots pretty good as well.

T

Last edited:
Reproduction M1842 Springfield. This was not a planned purchase, as I have an original one from 1854. I got back into Civil War reenacting last year after a few years off for health concerns (five surgeries and Lyme disease). Once back in the field, I found out that original pieces were no longer allowed - some yahoo probably overcharged and blew up an original. Also irritating is that reproduction black powder pieces now cost as much or MORE than original ones. This one has been partly de-farbed (hobby lingo for being made historically correct) with the Italian markings removed and the V/P proofs added. Came with a correct oiled leather M42 sling.

T.

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

Picked up the MKIII in my LGS and couldn't put it down. Removed the mag disconnect and will probably put a fiber front on it but accuracy is effortless with it. The Glock 43, not so much. [laugh] Also grabbed an NPAP in the classifieds.

20151126_144405_zpsccjutsmt.jpg

Congrats, I need to step up my safe game real soon. How much was the sale price?

safe was regularly $1450. It was on sale for $999 and they handed me a $10 gift card for walking in to door so $989. Its a 30 gun safe (30 guns yeah right) lol it was a mid level safe. Needed an upgrade BAD and bite the bullet and do it once.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome!
Liberty makes great products. Cabelas has some nice deals for Black Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes they do. warranty is great too. And made in the USA!!

safe was regularly $1450. It was on sale for $999 and they handed me a $10 gift card for walking in to door so $989. Its a 30 gun safe (30 guns yeah right) lol it was a mid level safe. Needed an upgrade BAD and bite the bullet and do it once.

- - - Updated - - -

yes they do. warranty is great too. And made in the USA!!

Nice. I'm due for another safe soon. What's the weight on that Liberty? Bitch to get in the house/apartment?

Nice. I'm due for another safe soon. What's the weight on that Liberty? Bitch to get in the house/apartment?

675 lbs. It was a bitch. I have a side entry and its 4 steps up with a railing on the left and the porch door on the right. we wheeled it up to the top of the steps with some planks. the real bitch was trying to turn it around on the small platform while pulling it onto the porch.

Very worthwhile. It took five of us to get my 48+8 Field and Stream into the house last year - and that was without the door.

T

I guess I didn't know the doors come off. I got the 32+6 safe a few years ago but it's looking like I'll need another one soon. My basement door is too narrow to fit anything bigger than the 32 gun safe[rolleyes]

I guess I didn't know the doors come off. I got the 32+6 safe a few years ago but it's looking like I'll need another one soon. My basement door is too narrow to fit anything bigger than the 32 gun safe[rolleyes]

We got mine around to the back of the house and through the porch, then upstairs into my office. It made it through the office door with about an inch to spare. The Stack-On box, 12, and 16 gun cabinets that I had been using became Ammo and accessory storage.

T

We got mine around to the back of the house and through the porch, then upstairs into my office. It made it through the office door with about an inch to spare. The Stack-On box, 12, and 16 gun cabinets that I had been using became Ammo and accessory storage.

T

Nice! So was it a PITA to remove the door?

Back
Top Bottom