New Acquisitions for November 2011

Finally got a mate for my 2009 NES lower. This M4 upper was built this afternoon at Remsport. It was fun to watch John at work.

Shown with the Israeli MARS sight.

IMG_1108.jpg

Finally got an "SEF" lower for my CA89. This allows me to transfer my full-auto pack from the full size MP5 and make this an MP5K-PDW. The full size MP5 is a 2 stamp gun so SBR config is not an issue when removing the sear pack. When moving the sear pack back to the full size MP5, the CA89 returns to pistol config.

MP5K-PDW.jpg

MP5K-PDWFolded.jpg

Thanks,
Chris

How do you like the SEF lower with finger grooves? I have to order a new lower for my CA89k and can't decide if I want the SP89 style with finger grooves or a normal navy lower.

Finally got an "SEF" lower for my CA89. This allows me to transfer my full-auto pack from the full size MP5 and make this an MP5K-PDW. The full size MP5 is a 2 stamp gun so SBR config is not an issue when removing the sear pack. When moving the sear pack back to the full size MP5, the CA89 returns to pistol config.

MP5K-PDW.jpg

MP5K-PDWFolded.jpg

Thanks,
Chris

/threadwin

NICE!

Found a gem of a Remington 03-A3. Traded four little or no longer used pieces for it: a S/W 19-3, matching '39 Izzy M91/30, a bolt MM Lion Crest VZ24, and a Dixie Gun Works left hand flintlock.

1943 Remington U.S. Springfield M03-A3. Serial number 3814535, Remington 6/43 marked barrel. Complete parkerized finish indicates post WWII refurbishment, however the rifle has retained all Remington marked small parts except for an unmarked Smith-Corona trigger guard with a half-moon front screw retaining mount. Story was that the rifle was straight out of grandpa's closet, which is believable given the exceptional condition of the finish and the amount of dust in the trigger guard, nose cap, barrel, and rear sight. Remington marked parts include the bolt body, extractor, firing pin, safety, bolt shroud, follower, selector switch, barrel, receiver, both bands, rear sight, nose cap, and rear swivel mount. Stock is FJA (Springfield) WWII proofed with crossed cannons, circle P, triangle N, square 43, circle 10, circle 7, and two flaming bombs. Refurbishment marks “B” and “3.” Two-groove barrel is perfect, parkerized finish is 98%, and not import marked. I've added an original 1944 P.K.W. marked sling, original N.O.S. front sight cover, and the original oiler was already in the stock.

Once I found the rear sight was set at 500 yards, I began to center in with the 1963 Iranian surplus I was using at 100 meters, benched on my range box.

024-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

017-2.jpg

013-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

050.jpg

048.jpg

007.jpg

Last edited:
Woohoo! I get to start!

Henry Lever .22. Pic is a bit crappy, but the wood matches my desk nicely....

IMG_4429.jpg

Brings back warm memories for me. That was the first gun I ever bought, right when I turned 18. I put more CCI CB Longs through that in my back yard than I can count! (the back yard was in Maine at the time)

2011-11-19_10-29-53_701.jpg

Picked up the M&P AR-15 at Four Seasons today along with a couple ammo cans and some pre ban mags..was in and out in...yep 20 minutes!
in at 9..out at 9:20!

Just picked up this. Pretty fun. Accuracy is lacking or maybe it's my technique with it. Fun to shoot thought, especially with the magnum rounds.

7bb9818d.jpg

7f120150.jpg

Now to get a nice pocket holster for it.

Not a gun but... I've been wanting a snow thrower ever since I became a home owner in 2009. No more 4 hour shovel marathons for me.

product_4871_500.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, glad to hear. I will be picking up a Crossbreed Supertuck from the group buy when it gets going so I can CC with it. Worked out great as I was looking for a good carry weapon and then this popped up.

Nice!

Gen 4 G26. Put 300 rds through it this afternoon on paper and steel. It's as accurate as I am. Takes a little getting used to having your little finger under the magazine on the draw stroke, and the thumb of the support hand pushed out to the muzzle. Feels nearly identical to the 17 when you toss 17 mags in it. Target is a speed bull shot at 15 yards.

View attachment 22283

Happy Thanksgiving to me!

It is my first pre-ban lower. Already ordered parts for it. Bunch of BCM parts as well as a Yankee Hill flash hider and Troy 15" TRZ Extreme rail. Planning on a BCM 16" barrel with mid length gas system once the barrel is back in stock.

f900b2b9.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg IMG_1519.jpg

Auto Ordnance reproduction M1 Carbine, with laminated wood stock.

I got this for $500 on gunbroker, which seemed like a good deal. I wouldn't have gotten a reproduction, except I like the unusual stock, and the CMP is out of real carbines now :-(

Back
Top Bottom