• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for July 2013

1944 Izhmash M44. My first C&R acquisition! Spent some time this evening cleaning out the cosmoline, should be able to take it out shooting tomorrow!

6U9j6oU.jpg

Welcome to the help group! My name is...and I have a C&R.

If you don't already know the M44 is VERY loud.

MS

Haha, I assumed so since shorter barrel = louder and the 91/30 is pretty loud. That's half the reason I got one, to have something loud and fun!

Springfield's Finest, in .44 Russian

funny how this just slipped thru with no comments.

The world has become a little sadder place when all the plastic wonderguns get all the ooohs and ahhhs and not one little ooooh for one of these highly sought after collector's guns.

sieveboy, let me know if you ever decide to sell it.

Don't forget the 18" flame from the unburnt powder that comes out of the barrel as well...

MS

I have a 91/59 and when I shoot it with friends they are all very impressed by the flame. I figure even if I can't hit someone, I can scare them and give them third degree burns!

1944 Izhmash M44. My first C&R acquisition! Spent some time this evening cleaning out the cosmoline, should be able to take it out shooting tomorrow!

When you shoot it, don't forget that the M44 is sighted in and meant to be shot with the bayonet extended. Seriously, Kim du Toit did a test with his and found out that it was much more accurate with the bayonet extended. Sadly, he stopped blogging a few years back and his blog is no longer available so I can't link to the post.

funny how this just slipped thru with no comments.

The world has become a little sadder place when all the plastic wonderguns get all the ooohs and ahhhs and not one little ooooh for one of these highly sought after collector's guns.

sieveboy, let me know if you ever decide to sell it.

I missed that one Pilgrim. Very nice indeed. There's a story in American Rifleman about a guy who traded a Colt Richards-Mason conversion for a top break after the war.

When you shoot it, don't forget that the M44 is sighted in and meant to be shot with the bayonet extended. Seriously, Kim du Toit did a test with his and found out that it was much more accurate with the bayonet extended. Sadly, he stopped blogging a few years back and his blog is no longer available so I can't link to the post.

I shot it with and without the bayonet and didn't notice a big difference. Granted, I was shooting at 25 yards and getting used to shooting with open sights, so that was probably affecting my accuracy more than the bayonet. Eventually I'll try it at 50 and 100 yards and do a comparison between extended/not extended. Of course, for maximum awesomeness I will be shooting with bayonet extended most of the time!

JFudIGu.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I completely missed the post of the .44 Russian also, very nice acquisition. I'm looking to begin collecting antique s&w revolvers soon. I would love to find a 44 s&w russian at a good price. Congrats!

Last edited:
Well, I usually don't post here. most of my acquisitions end up in the Milsurp area. This one just did not seem to fit there [wink]

she is not new, but new to me. and makes me smile

It has been 20 YEARS since I gave up my last ride.. Kids, work, bills it just did not make sense. everytime I get on now , I say the same thing "what was I thinking? why did I wait so long to do this again?"

truly the most fun I have ever had with my clothes on...[smile]

Last edited:
Well, I usually don't post here. most of my acquisitions end up in the Milsurp area. This one just did not seem to fit there [wink]

It has been 20 YEARS since I gave up my last ride.. Kids, work, bills it just did not make sense. everytime I get on now , I say the same thing "what was I thinking? why did I wait so long to do this again?"

Boo. Think of how many service grade or service grade special M1 Garands you could buy with the money from the bike.

[wink] Nice bike, congrats.

u9eqegan.jpg

Finally after 6 month wait its in. Starting my first solo Build! Now I just need... Well everything other than an LPK....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

that is quite the looker, looks like it rides nice too, congrats sir.

Damn bro, that's sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can those saddlebags qualify as a locked trunk?

good question!

I just went looking for a leather jacket for the fall . They all advertise a built in gun pocket!!! what do they think of us bikers??

cold day in hell-- what do you have? and why aren't you riding it? I have had my bike license for 30 years. I never let it lapse even though I probably rode a bike 2 times in the last 20 years. I already put 500 miles on it in the last 2 weeks. not back for an old fat bald guy [wink]

good question!

I just went looking for a leather jacket for the fall . They all advertise a built in gun pocket!!! what do they think of us bikers??

cold day in hell-- what do you have? and why aren't you riding it? I have had my bike license for 30 years. I never let it lapse even though I probably rode a bike 2 times in the last 20 years. I already put 500 miles on it in the last 2 weeks. not back for an old fat bald guy [wink]

Have you checked US Made leather in Danvers/Middleton?

And colddayinhell has a mother****ing boat!

Back
Top Bottom