• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for July 2013

I technically bought this in late June, But no one is looking at Junes acquisitions anymore so i will put it in July's

Rossi Model 92 Carbine .357 mag/.38 special, 16" Barrel - Picked it up at H-S Trading.

Rossi Model 92.JPG

Last edited:
Got last month's Luger to the range. First shot was the high 12, then I compensated. 41 feet, 30 rounds WWB. 1 fail to feed, 1 fail to eject. Not bad for 96 years old. FUN!

MS

Woot! Woot! Well, that's where I bought them. Fun targets and about half price from Woot.

targets-sm_zps67beb591.jpg

And 300 rounds of 5.56 m855 green tip

greentip-sm_zpsfac9f7fa.jpg

Still not looking to buy any guns, but that doesn't mean I won't. Actually, I might be putting a couple up for sale.

Last edited:
Moved to a new post.

Attachments

• image-2938373311.jpg
    image-2938373311.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited by a moderator:
Not really gun related but...

Vincent Anthony
Born June 24, 2013 2:56 AM
8lbs 14oz & 22in long.

We didn't get to come home until July 2nd.

On another note KTP called me on the 3rd to tell me my keltec sub 2000 came in. The order only took 3 weeks surprisingly. Pretty good week I'd say [smile]!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Cute baby, neat pacifier. [wink]

Congratulations to all of you!

Ditto.

I recall a Three Stooges short, c. 1940, when the trio find an 'abandoned' baby and are trying to take care of it. Larry had found the kid a pacifier - a .38 special. Moe then clobbers Larry...

MS

After taking my adopted son shooting for the first time on June 23, I realized that we would be spending a lot of time at the 25 yard range as he gets comfortable and consistent. That meant one of us wouldn't be doing much shooting as my club only allows pistol rounds at 25. So today I found a papered CMP service grade IBM carbine from a NES member one town over for dad to use (thanks again jpdopes). February '44 receiver, October '43 General Motors Inland Division barrel, IBM round bolt and hand guard, Saginaw trigger group and op-rod. Nice Tiger stripe SA M2 potbelly stock.

When you call him, do you say "hey adopted son come over here"? Or is there a joke I'm missing

Just wondering why you would refer to him as your adopted son?

No joke, I guess I'm still considering this an extension of my post in the MilSurp forum and here when I could for the first time legally introduce him and post his picture. As we were "pre-adoptive" parents for nearly 4 years, the term became part of the family vocabulary from the state and all the way down through the schools, foster care services, etc. While we've considered him our son from the get go, it will take a little time to drop the word from the lexicon. My wife still says it on occasion as well.

MS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom