New acquisitions for July 2013

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Free Hampshire Rocks!

Went to a flea market this morning and came home with a few items. Main one is a 12 ga. SxS shotgun made by Acme Arms Co. [smile]

Made in 1907.

Last edited:

Parker Duofold

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
HRA Service Grade M1 Garand

Just received this from the CMP a couple of weeks ago.
Has the following parts:
HRA receiver: 55886XX s/n
HRA barrel
HRA trigger assembly
SA operating rod
SA bolt assembly
CMP stock - birch I think

After giving it a cleaning and finishing the stock in BLO, I took it to the range for the first time on Friday. I was hoping it would not take too long to get the sights adjusted and much to my surprise it was real good at 50 yards so we tried it at 100 yds. and the accuracy was excellent!

hra_garand_01.jpg hra_garand_02.jpg

Rating - 100%
4   0   0

bersa .380 for lady atilla, HK P30L in 9mm for me.

How does that Bersa shoot? Been looking at pistols with a friend, and have heard good thing about them. I think I may try to find one local to me that she can shoot, see how she likes it.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Got to shoot with my son today, both of us with M1 carbines - my first time after surgery - with the IBM I got this month (post #27). I put my last 5 of the day into the chihuahua on the kid's Zombie target - this thing is a tack driver - mine is the standard target. 25 yards, seated, elbow on the table, '71 Lake City ammo. Two magazines for each of us.

MS

Last edited:

bandaid bandit

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Well I Guess as long as he's not suck starting the 1911 he will be ok

He should be fine even if he is. Well, unless there is a ND

All grammatical, spelling, and informational errors are solely the fault of Tapatalk and Autocorrect. Pay no attention to the fat fingers mashing on the keyboard behind the curtain.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
How does that Bersa shoot? Been looking at pistols with a friend, and have heard good thing about them. I think I may try to find one local to me that she can shoot, see how she likes it.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

i didn't like it because my hands pretty much cover the whole thing. i found it to be kind of snappy, but lady atilla didn't mind at all and was getting the hang of how it felt within half a box of ammo.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got to shoot with my son today, both of us with M1 carbines - my first time after surgery - with the IBM I got this month (post #27). I put my last 5 of the day into the chihuahua on the kid's Zombie target - this thing is a tack driver - mine is the standard target. 25 yards, seated, elbow on the table, '71 Lake City ammo. Two magazines for each of us.

MS
This is awesome, a dad and his boy, a boy and his gun (and a zombie target! [smile]) ... so, who's the lefty?

warwickben

bubba Kalashnikov
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i didn't like it because my hands pretty much cover the whole thing. i found it to be kind of snappy, but lady atilla didn't mind at all and was getting the hang of how it felt within half a box of ammo.

I guess if your used to small objects small guns aren't that big of a deal.

warwickben

bubba Kalashnikov
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
you have to sleep at some point during the pig roast camp out.

...and when you close your eyes. that's when i'll strike.

[video=youtube_share;A0q7p5njA1U]http://youtu.be/A0q7p5njA1U[/video]

wow I just meant she has small hands so she uses smaler itiems ...
projecting ?

[video=youtube_share;TCNqKrX1sx8]http://youtu.be/TCNqKrX1sx8[/video]

i see this in my future

TBalls

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Not a firearm, but I got a brand-spankin' new license with my freshly acquired 'M' endorsement!!

I finished my basic rider course on Tuesday and had the license Saturday.........disturbingly efficient for the RMV. [thinking]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a firearm, but I got a brand-spankin' new license with my freshly acquired 'M' endorsement!!

I finished my basic rider course on Tuesday and had the license Saturday.........disturbingly efficient for the RMV. [thinking]

Congrats! I'll share something an old biker told me when I got my bike license: "There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Is the HK grip like 220grit sandpaper? Finger grooves look comfy but the texture looks rough. Make sure you don't get another rash near your crotch [laugh]

yes, it's like skateboard grip tape. i like it.

i use the large side panels and the medium backstrap. fits my hand pretty well. for lady atilla it's small side panels and small backstrap. this level of customization is pretty slick though, you can take a gun from "i guess this fits" to "THIS FITS!" and then hand it to someone else and have them change it up to fit their hand perfectly.

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Continuing post 27 and 103, I found a M1 IBM contract stock made by Sprague-Charleton (SC-B). I like the feel of the slimmer M1 stocks, and I found one on eBay. Stock came stripped, chipped, and cracked; but had clear cartouches and only cost $43.

I refinished the stock myself, gluing an antique piece of yellow pine from my house, trimming and sanding. I used 4 coats of cut BLO, 3 coats Minwax Dark Walnut, three coats Winwax Gunstock, a final coat of BLO, and a top coat of Howards feed and wax. 4X steel wool between coats. Not bad for a first finishing effort and only cost me $68 total.

MS

Top Bottom