• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for January 2009!

NEW S&W 432PD Airweight from North Shore Firearms.

DSCF1127.jpg

DSCF1129.jpg

DSCF1130.jpg

Couldn't get the 638 Airweight Bodyguard (S&W is even out of stock) I wanted but the more I researched it the better my hand felt [wink] 32 H&R Magnum is quite enough in my pocket and a whole lot better than the mousegun I was carrying.

6 shots in a j-frame -- sweet!

SWEET!! The Mark II is the BEST of the Ruger .22 semiauto pistols. And you did a real nice job on the grips, too.

I picked this puppy up about a week ago.
A nice stainless MK11 Target model with a 5 1/2 inch tapered barrel.
One of the black factory plastic grip panels was cracked and I didnt really care for them anyhow so I took a nice chunk of cherry flooring I had laying around and made my own quickie replacements on my belt sander.
So far so good.
Tomorrow morning I might take a few shots with it if the weather is OK.
deeretc08014yi3.jpg

Thanks. I actually used a small drum sander to make the finger points on the grips.
It was easy, the wood was almost the perfect thickness and all I had to do was trace the original grips, cut out the new ones on a jig saw and then sand them till they fit the gun and my hand. Took about an hour.

OK, can you guess what part I am waiting for to complete this ?

M&P15 ORC upper with LMT bolt carrier group
5.56 chamber, 16" chrome lined, 1/9 twist
front and rear flip up battle sights
Eotech 512
Ace skelton stock
Falcon Ergo grip

2008Coupe025.jpg

2008Coupe026.jpg

My first build.
DPMS lower
Stag LPK
ACE skeleton stock
Magpul MIAD grip (OD)

also in the pic, my new workbench which I build because I couldn't stand hammering pins in on my coffee table and I almost lost a spring when trying it on my computer desk, lol.

ar1.jpg

Awesome grips! I've never seen ones like that. Can you do it for a 1911?

I picked this puppy up about a week ago.
A nice stainless MK11 Target model with a 5 1/2 inch tapered barrel.
One of the black factory plastic grip panels was cracked and I didnt really care for them anyhow so I took a nice chunk of cherry flooring I had laying around and made my own quickie replacements on my belt sander.
So far so good.
Tomorrow morning I might take a few shots with it if the weather is OK.
deeretc08014yi3.jpg

I dont have a 1911 here, right now, that I could use for a pattern and I really dont have time to get into the grip business either.
The grips really were quite easy to make and I bet you could do it if you have access to basic wood working tools.
The Ruger came my way towards settling a business debt.
The former owner also has a nice stainless Colt NM Gold Cup 1911 that I think will be mine sometime next month. [grin]

Last week I bought a cherry 64-5 that has some really tired magnas on it. Even if they had been perfect, I hate the way magnas fit my hands, so they were destined to the box o' grips anyway.

So three days ago I order some Ahrends square butt smooth (no grooves) combats from Brownells.

Here's what I got today:

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

These are cocobolo, but a much lighter, more orange cocobolo than anything else I have ever got from Kim. All my other Ahrends are either very dark orange or almost red cocobolo. Still, I really, really like these. They are also very easy to conceal, even under a t shirt.

Also check out the grain match from side to side:

DSC00320.jpg

This is what it used to look like:

DSC00307.jpg

I can't believe that you get change back from $65 when buying Kim's stocks. What an amazing value!

Last edited by a moderator:
Preparing for the Zombie Invasion

JanACC.jpg

S&W M&P9c (mine)
Kahr CW9 (the Mrs's)
500 Rnds American Eagle 124gr 9mm
20 Rnds Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +P
20 Rnds Speer Gold Dot 124 gr
Glaco Holster for for the S&W
11 PMags (6 FDE 5 Black)
BCM Upper Receiver Group

Very nice! How does the Mrs. like the Kahr? It's a shame we can't get them here in MA.

Range reports will come tomorrow. But initial impression is she loves it. She can rack the slide normally, VERY slim profile for CCW. Honestly, comparing the slim profile of the PPS and Kahr, the Kahr is MUCH better as far as ergonomics go for large hands.

I agree it sucks, can't buy a product made in your own state.

Last week I bought a cherry 64-5 that has some really tired magnas on it. Even if they had been perfect, I hate the way magnas fit my hands, so they were destined to the box o' grips anyway.

So three days ago I order some Ahrends square butt smooth (no grooves) combats from Brownells.

Very nice.

CMP order arrived!!!

M1 Garand H&R Service Grade

(straight out of box before cleaning off packing fuzz)

dscf0666.jpg

dscf0658.jpg

2 240 rounds .30-06 HXP
192 rounds .30-06 HXP in enbloc
dscf0670.jpg

5k Aguilla .22LR
dscf0673_med.jpg

found an upper at the Marlborough show to complete my first AR...

ar.jpg

Dear Justice Dept. Please reference this post on NES.com when passing/enforcing any new AWB... pdogg77 had his in Jan of 09 :)

This could possibly be the coolest pic I have ever seen on this site.

What's the story on that desk ?
Thanks!
Well it was about 1970 or so when I was a teenager. A friend of my parents wanted her cellar cleaned out. Most of it was old newspapers, birdcages and junk. But there was this old desk. So I saved it and brought it home and stashed in it our cellar for about another 20 years. Then had it refinished and put it in my den where it now sits.
The typewriter came from a friend in California who's uncle worked at a Hollywood movie studio who brought it home when they switched to newer typewriters. (I like to think it was used to type out some of the great old movie scripts)
The fan is pretty old as well. Don't remember where that came from.
The two 1911's are a pretty close match. First; a 1943 Colt frame that had been nickeled and added a blued National Match slide to. And a Springfield 1911 in stainless with a blued slide.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info..

The desk has a massive amount of spaces for all kinds of stuff,old world craftsmanship that you just don't see anymore.

The thing that I like best about the pic is that I don't even notice the gun..I mean it's there and I see it, but it looks like it belongs there and is not out of place.

The closest I can come to making a pic with any type of thought is to lay 5000 rounds of .308 on the carpet and throw my FAL on top of it all.

Seeing the Tommy gun also reminded me when I lived in CA and I was somewhat into guns.My friend bought an Auto Ordnance Tommy from a gun show in San francisco and we picked it up a week later in Dublin.My buddy wanted it to look just like the Tommy's looked in the old gangster movies.

Being as we knew nothing about firearm laws and the internet was still in it's AOL chat room infancy for $.25 a minute,he ordered a 10" barrel from a newspaper(Prob Shotgun News) ad.He installed it and we used to take it camping in the Sierra's and shoot it all the time.

Little did we know he was breaking a federal law,and a big one at that..LOL

Last edited:
This year alone and in no particular order I give you;
1908 Colt 380 Hammerless.
DSCN0014.jpg

West German 220 once owned by the 1970 wrestler Killer Kowalski.
IM000177.jpg

Top to bottom; Zastava M59, Mosin Nagant 91/30, 1942 Savage Enfield w/ is a non issue Inspectors Rifle;
IM000161.jpg

Pre Ban Colt Match HBAR w/ factory 4 power scope.
IM0001422.jpg

MK5 Jungle Carbine Enfield;
DSCN0001.jpg
Not show due to lack of photo's, Colt Pre Ban 9MM AR-15 and a CZ Model 27 and a GSG. I'm working on a 1943 Garand and one more Colt in the model SP1. I think I might have a problem......[devil2]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom