New acquisitions for January 2009!

You beat me to it. I was just about to start this post.

Just purchased today from Mattyb. His infamous CZ-50. A nice addition to my C&R collection and one that has a little bit of a story.

Without really thinking about it, I've started to develop a little bit of a CZ collection. Proud owner of the CZ 50, 52, 75B and 82. Just need to get the 70 to finish the group. (Yes, I know there are varients. [wink])

cz1.jpg

cz2.jpg

I went over to the Bass Pro Shop (that place is massive!) and picked up a S&W 22A-1 with 500 .22 Winchester rounds and a 100 brick of .22 Winchester Super-X plated hollow point rounds to try something different. This is the first firearm I've owned :) I'm completely new to disassembling firearms myself, and this pistol is EASY. First field strip only took a few seconds, and the first assembly only took slightly longer (the spring went flying [thinking]) I picked up a real basic cleaning kit for now, and during the cleaning I dis and reassembled it a few times to be sure I knew how to do it properly - no issues there, very simple to learn.

I have 2 pics below, sorry for the blur on the field strip. I'm looking for some cleaning suggestions but I'll take that to another section.

22aclosedgc6.jpg

22adisny9.jpg

I went over to the Bass Pro Shop (that place is massive!) and picked up a S&W 22A-1 with 500 .22 Winchester rounds and a 100 brick of .22 Winchester Super-X plated hollow point rounds to try something different. This is the first firearm I've owned :) I'm completely new to disassembling firearms myself, and this pistol is EASY. First field strip only took a few seconds, and the first assembly only took slightly longer (the spring went flying [thinking]) I picked up a real basic cleaning kit for now, and during the cleaning I dis and reassembled it a few times to be sure I knew how to do it properly - no issues there, very simple to learn.

I have 2 pics below, sorry for the blur on the field strip. I'm looking for some cleaning suggestions but I'll take that to another section.

22aclosedgc6.jpg

22adisny9.jpg

Cleaning suggestions for the pistol or the camera lens?[laugh]

Nice 22-A. I might be headed to Bass Pro Shops for my first time today. I need to pick up some choke tubes and ammo for my Mossberg 500.

That 22A is a good shooter. I have one and it makes every range trip with me for cheap practice when I'm out of expensive ammo. Just check your plastic recoil buffer every once in a while. The gun should have come with an extra one or two in a tiny envelope and when those wear out call S&W and they'll send you some more.

I picked up a 10/22 just before the new year from FS. I've got 2 days left to my tour and can't wait to get it to the range when I get home. I might have to get a scope for it, to you know, dress it up a bit. Pics to follow when I get back.

That 22A is a good shooter. I have one and it makes every range trip with me for cheap practice when I'm out of expensive ammo. Just check your plastic recoil buffer every once in a while. The gun should have come with an extra one or two in a tiny envelope and when those wear out call S&W and they'll send you some more.

Yeah I did come with extras - any estimates on the number of rounds it'll fire before a replacement is needed? A few thousand? Anyway, I'm glad I picked up a decent pistol for my first [wink]

To Viper22, you'll probably be pretty stupefied when you step inside - there's a massive stuffed? moose near the entrance, and if you go straight through to the fishing area they have a freaking pond to test in. Respect to the Kittery Trading Post, but the BPS in Foxboro is just insane.

Last edited:
p1000813ij1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is the Rossi from Hell, I mean Dick's that I picked up the other year. .223 with a 6x24 scope for $220. Actually a nice shooting, comfortable little, single shot Bull Barrel .223. I really enjoy taking this out and to the range. She's my new coy-dog culler. I'm still trying to find the best load for her 1 in 10 twist barrel. I did managed a 3/4" 3 shot group with 50 gr. BlitzKings over 27 gr. of Varget the other day though. That may be the combo.

Seems to like the lighter bullets.

congrats on your first!!

I picked up a used 10/22 for $150 at 4S the day after Christmas. It's in perfect condition and it's now halfway toward LTR status for February's Appleseed. I'm going to skip the pics because showing off a used 10/22 in this forum is sorta like jumping out of a cold lake with no clothes on-i.e. you're gonna make a poor showing of yourself. I will however come back and add the "finished" pics in a few weeks when it's all done and sporting it's LTR goodness.

I bought a S&W Model 34-1 from southshoresig earlier this afternoon. Going to make a nice .22LR practice gun for my J frame snubbies. I'll update with a picture <s>tomorrow</s> when time and weather cooperate.

Jframex2.jpg

Here is a picture of the new Model 34 along with my recently acquired Model 60. I'm eagerly looking forward to being able to get these to the range for some shooting.

My photography-fu remains weak, but here they are.

Last edited:
I walked away empty handed last week and then heard this calling me all week long. It followed me home today. Bobcat MP5 clone.

HPIM3034.jpg

Today, picked up at JDL Sales:

2009_0103Image0002.jpg

I don't know what I've gotten myself into ...

Glad to see you went with John and paid a reasonable price[smile]

Now you need to decide what you want to build...m4gery....varmiter.....old school AR....big bore.....but you probably should do one of each....you better get back to JDL and buy some more lowers[smile]

Back
Top Bottom