• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for January 2009!

I walked away empty handed last week and then heard this calling me all week long. It followed me home today. Bobcat MP5 clone.

HPIM3034.jpg

Any plans to sbr it? I'm waiting for my tax stamp to come back for my vector v51.

you need the chief to sign off for SBR's? (i dont know much about NFA stuff, but i thought there wasnt anything about SBR's in the MGL's)
The Federal form requires the signature of your CLEO. I need to recover from today's expense before I'll even think about it though.

Let the spending continue.......

Found this very cool, old .22 in a small "Mom and Pop" gun shop in Pennsylvania this afternoon. The place is called "Sam and Mabels". Great old couple just enjoying life to it's fullest. Anyways, it's a Savage 4C and after doing a google search about it, seems like these rifles are C&R or pretty close to it. Honestly, I dont care how old it is because I just had a "blast" at our indoor range with it. Shoots great, very accurate, and very cheap to feed. Accepts both long and short and has a 5 round mag. I dont much about the scope other than it's dialed in. If anyone knows anything about these rifles, I'm all ears.

Oh, by the way, it was only $100[laugh]

P1030720.jpg

P1030722.jpg

My new January guns:

Glock 26 (lasermax guide rod laser on order):
102_0889.jpg

S&W 642 - Bought in December but haven't shown it off yet:
102_0865.jpg

10 1/4" 5.56mm AR-15 Upper - Project started in November but finally finished and working:
102_0887.jpg

I walked away empty handed last week and then heard this calling me all week long. It followed me home today. Bobcat MP5 clone.

HPIM3034.jpg

Nice pick up Pete. I hope to fondle it at a shoot in the future.[wink] I'll bring it's little brother the GSG-5 So I can at least pretend to be one of the cool kids.[crying]

<<---- starting to get SBR fever.. Nice one abomb

Thanks! I have a 7.5" 9mm upper for it as well. I got the fever when I SBR'd my PS90 and figured a shorty AR would be cool. One of these days i'll have to build a proper m4orgery upper for it.

Found this very cool, old .22 in a small "Mom and Pop" gun shop in Pennsylvania this afternoon. The place is called "Sam and Mabels". Great old couple just enjoying life to it's fullest. Anyways, it's a Savage 4C and after doing a google search about it, seems like these rifles are C&R or pretty close to it. Honestly, I dont care how old it is because I just had a "blast" at our indoor range with it. Shoots great, very accurate, and very cheap to feed. Accepts both long and short and has a 5 round mag. I dont much about the scope other than it's dialed in. If anyone knows anything about these rifles, I'm all ears.

Oh, by the way, it was only $100[laugh]

P1030722.jpg

Looks like an old Weaver. They're fairly collectable in good/clear condition, especially for someone looking to outfit an old .22 rifle.

I have an old Winchester 69A that was my father's squirrel rifle when he was 16. Its very accurate and has a nice old but clear Weaver scope on it just like that one in your picture.

Great buy and a fun rifle I'm sure you'll enjoy for a long time. Its guns like that one that are cared for and passed down through many years.

Sako TRG 10/22

Here's my first acquisition of the new year [smile]. Sako TRG 10/22 w/ stock spacer kit from Terge in Norway and Limb Saver recoil pad. Already had the IOR scope...

IMG_0428.jpg

Here's my first acquisition of the new year [smile]. Sako TRG 10/22 w/ stock spacer kit from Terge in Norway and Limb Saver recoil pad. Already had the IOR scope...

IMG_0428.jpg

North Shore Firearms had one of those for sale. Is that where you got it?. Experiment with some loads and you'll be amazed what it can do.

Looks like an old Weaver. They're fairly collectable in good/clear condition, especially for someone looking to outfit an old .22 rifle.

I have an old Winchester 69A that was my father's squirrel rifle when he was 16. Its very accurate and has a nice old but clear Weaver scope on it just like that one in your picture.

Great buy and a fun rifle I'm sure you'll enjoy for a long time. Its guns like that one that are cared for and passed down through many years.

Ray, It is an old Weaver scope. Come to find out that the rifle itself was made in the 1940's due to the checkering on the handgrip. Anything else up until 1965 when they stopped majing them had a smooth handle. This rifle looks like new. You wouldnt think it's older thn most of us.

North Shore Firearms had one of those for sale. Is that where you got it?. Experiment with some loads and you'll be amazed what it can do.

I originally ordered one through Mike at NorthShore, but Sako told him it would take at least several months before they had more available and they would call when they were back in stock. The same day, I got lucky and found one at Renaissance Firearms in their shop.

About a week later one showed up on Mike's doorstep from Sako - Surprise!! [thinking]. The guys at NorthShore are great - I check with them first for everything. I am pretty sure NS still has it in stock.

I originally ordered one through Mike at NorthShore, but Sako told him it would take at least several months before they had more available and they would call when they were back in stock. The same day, I got lucky and found one at Renaissance Firearms in their shop.

About a week later one showed up on Mike's doorstep from Sako - Surprise!! [thinking]. The guys at NorthShore are great - I check with them first for everything. I am pretty sure NS still has it in stock.

[shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked]

I'M SO JEALOUS!!! I want a Sako so bad.

Nice got sig? sticker, I've got one on the windshield on my Honda, hahaha.

Don't be jealous, pay a visit to North Shore Firearms and get your own. It's such a sweet rifle. I drooled while fondling it.(sounds perverted, huh.) They got a sweet Savage .308 with HS stock(similar to Mcmillan) also for more than half the price of the SAKO. But if you have the $2300-$2500 to spend, what the heck, go for it! You only live once

Don't be jealous, pay a visit to North Shore Firearms and get your own. It's such a sweet rifle. I drooled while fondling it.(sounds perverted, huh.) They got a sweet Savage .308 with HS stock(similar to Mcmillan) also for more than half the price of the SAKO. But if you have the $2300-$2500 to spend, what the heck, go for it! You only live once

[crying] I don't have the dough, that's why I'm jealous. [laugh]

You guys are killing me! Thank goodness for the French or we might still be speaking with a British accent! Seriously I think French rifles are some of the most under rated milsurps out there. I love my MAS 36 (the bolt action version) it is accurate and has a rubber butt pad that protected it when it was dropped...[thinking]...it even has a little flag pole at the muzzle when not used to surrender it was used to stack.
DSCF0853.jpg

Sorry...got off topic. Thanks guys, French Milsurps are great shooters and reasonable in price.

Carguy-Nice 49/56. I've like the looks of those too. Have you shot it yet?

Nope...I literally just got it from UPS this afternoon. I haven't even had a chance to clean it. Those pics are exactly how it showed up! The bore is gross and needs a good cleaning. I'll try to get it to the range this weekend. I have been intrigued by these French rifles since I got my C&R but hesitated due to the going price of the semi-autos. I fell into this one, got it cheap without the "stuff" no bayonet, night sight or sling". I'm not one to shoot and stab and I have no intention of ever selling it so I don't need them.

I'll post a renage report under milsurp once I get a chance to shoot it. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom