New acquisitions for February 2009!

I picked up this cool tactical rifle yesterday for fending off the hordes of zombie buffalos and/or swarms of vicious pumpkins. A Pedersoli Sharps Long Range Express Rifle in .45-70. It has a 34" barrel, half octagon, set triggers, tang sight, German silver fore end cap and weighs about 12 lbs. Used, but excellent condition.

Sharps001.jpg

[

Goose, You never disappoint us!
Now how about I load up my Sharps and pick you up and we head up to New Hampshire for the Cowboy Rifle Metallic Silhouette Shoot next month and you try that bad boy out.

Cowboy Rifle Metallic Silhouette http://shootingbums.org/mwsa/

Last edited:
Pretty 'stang there colt fan.

Not technically a new acquisition, but it sure feels like new thanks to a Larocca trigger job and night sights. Ruger P93DAO:
rug_3682w.jpg

Old gun, new Pachmayr grips. SW60
357_3691w.jpg

Picked this one up from another board member back in September... just getting around to posting. Great piece, good shooter, and man just look at her! SW24 Horton Special

rev_3683w.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Rob,

Yes it's a J frame. I forget the exact model of the grip. I have the packaging at home still. I can check later.

Do you carry with the wood grips? Are they compfortable?

Pretty 'stang there colt fan.

Not technically a new acquisition, but it sure feels like new thanks to a Larocca trigger job and night sights. Ruger P93DAO:
rug_3682w.jpg

Old gun, new Pachmayr grips. SW60
357_3691w.jpg

Picked this one up from another board member back in September... just getting around to posting. Great piece, good shooter, and man just look at her! SW24 Horton Special

rev_3683w.jpg

The model 24 is a bit bulky for me to carry regularly. That said, I find these grips a bit too smooth for my liking. They're sort of slippery. I prefer the tacky sensation, which is why I swapped out most of my semiauto factory grips for aftermarket rubber (Hogue, Pachmayr).

The 24 is also pretty heavy - especially loaded, which is another reason I would opt for rubber if this were a true carry piece. I have a decent holster for it (simple leather OWB type) and I use a heavy leather belt if I'm carrying the 24 up to the range or something.

My honest opinion is that the wood grips are nice furniture but not the best fit for me in a practical sense. YMMV

this just came in to my folk's place in NH where my brother (101st AB) will be helping me build it:

n35004581_32476582_652.jpg

it is the greater half to this, that I just picked up last friday:

n35004581_32466551_6270.jpg

which will be the big brother to my first pistol and first-purchased firearm ever (bought last month), though i've had a few long-guns in the past:

n35004581_32462252_529.jpg

All i need now is a M&P snubbie to complete the family!

FAL Addicts newest Acquisition

I just picked up 2 of the DSA Type 1 Uppers.

One I will be building into a 50.00 and the other a FAL Pistol.

If any of you have NOS receiver parts like

MY want list.

2 Bolt hold opens.
2 Mag Release levers.
2 Mag release lever springs.
2 Pivot bolts for the above.
1 Para Lower , Stripped. any vintage new or used.
1 10 inch or so FAL barrel.

Here is a pic.

I had to edit it a bit.

I had a club roster sitting under the receivers at the shop.

As you can see I still need a few parts to complete the pair of sweet receivers.

Here is a pic.

I had to edit it a bit.

I had a club roster sitting under the receivers at the shop.

As you can see I still need a few parts to complete the pair of sweet receivers.

DSAUppersRightSide.jpg

Last edited:
this just came in to my folk's place in NH where my brother (101st AB) will be helping me build it:

n35004581_32476582_652.jpg

it is the greater half to this, that I just picked up last friday:

n35004581_32466551_6270.jpg

which will be the big brother to my first pistol and first-purchased firearm ever (bought last month), though i've had a few long-guns in the past:

n35004581_32462252_529.jpg

All i need now is a M&P snubbie to complete the family!

She is a beauty!

That lil keychain type thing is great, I use it for my keys.

FAL Addicts newest Acquisition

I just picked up 2 of the DSA Type 1 Uppers.

DSAUppersRightSide.jpg

Nice! I should be getting my Type I from DS Arms next month. I have been waiting 16 weeks now.

You can get most of those parts from DS Arms. They don't sell mag catches though. I got mine from Gun Parts Guys.

Thanks for the Mag catch info.

I noticed DSA didn't have that part in my shopping.

BTW they also have a AR lower I plan to stock up on for 95.00 each

Nice! I should be getting my Type I from DS Arms next month. I have been waiting 16 weeks now.

You can get most of those parts from DS Arms. They don't sell mag catches though. I got mine from Gun Parts Guys.

I have the same gun, my first one! I was wondering what you have attached to the underside (is that even correct terminology?) of your M&P.

Hey Joey. That's a NcSTAR Compast Laser on my rail. It BARELY fits on the gun. Tried it out for the first time at the indoor range the other day in low-light and it worked pretty well. Easy to adjust and nice and compact/light

Hey Joey. That's a NcSTAR Compast Laser on my rail. It BARELY fits on the gun. Tried it out for the first time at the indoor range the other day in low-light and it worked pretty well. Easy to adjust and nice and compact/light

Thanks for informing me Starvin. I'd love to get a laser to test out at the range and this seems pretty reasonably priced. Seems like it might be best to go with a slightly smaller model?

How do you like shooting the M&P? I love it and it feel great in my hand. Those adjustable backstraps are great.

Thanks for informing me Starvin. I'd love to get a laser to test out at the range and this seems pretty reasonably priced. Seems like it might be best to go with a slightly smaller model?

How do you like shooting the M&P? I love it and it feel great in my hand. Those adjustable backstraps are great.

this is the smallest one I could find without going with the grip-integrated kind.

I like me M&P a lot, though the trigger is very heavy. I'd like to get it a trigger job.

this is the smallest one I could find without going with the grip-integrated kind.

I like me M&P a lot, though the trigger is very heavy. I'd like to get it a trigger job.

reassess it after 1k rounds. it does smoth out. my M&P9c was sweet after almost 1400 through it.

i've only ran 100 through my M&P40, total round count is less than 200... so it's it needs a good break in. just $$$$ of .40 ammo it might be cheaper to get a trigger job though [laugh]

reassess it after 1k rounds. it does smoth out. my M&P9c was sweet after almost 1400 through it.

i've only ran 100 through my M&P40, total round count is less than 200... so it's it needs a good break in. just $$$$ of .40 ammo it might be cheaper to get a trigger job though [laugh]

Yup, that's what got me motivated to have a trigger job done on my new M&P 9. The first 150 rds were "gritty" shooting. Paying $65 for a trigger job vs. $30/100 rds of ammo x how many hundred rounds? It's a no brainer and now a pleasure to shoot.

i'm getting used to it. I figure if I get to shooting well with a heavy trigger, I'll be able to shoot that much better when/if I get a trigger job.

Yup, that's what got me motivated to have a trigger job done on my new M&P 9. The first 150 rds were "gritty" shooting. Paying $65 for a trigger job vs. $30/100 rds of ammo x how many hundred rounds? It's a no brainer and now a pleasure to shoot.

Where did you get your work done Len? I've seen a link to a gentleman in the South Shore area, but I'd prefer to do a FTF drop-off in the Boston Area if possible.

Back
Top Bottom